Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply General Loser Discussion
Combat of Champions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bout 19: Duke Nukem vs. Doomguy vs. Master Chief
  Duke Nukem
  Doomguy
  Master Chief
View Results

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 am
Yup, that's the one. It was so stupid.
It would simplify things a lot, but I think that's what they were planning with thier new age of heros.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:32 am
I know its stupid. Kind of ran Spidey through the mud lately, haven't they ? Did you see that new Spider-Man costume? It looks like cosplay.

Hopefully, they will.

Did I mention I saw X-Men First Class?  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm
Not yet.
How was it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 am
I liked it a lot. Probably the best X-men film to date, imo. Not a perfect film, but then again, how perfect were the previous X-Men films.

One thing I need to point out above all else. While the actress who plays Emma Frost looks FINE, and her Bond-girl look is Perfect for the film....she probably does some of the worst acting I've seen in a film.  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:53 pm
In a feature film I'm guessing, probably not MST3K bad.
Oh, and Ultimate MvC3 is coming, Dr Strange, Strider, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, Wright, Nemesis, and Frank West are all coming, along with Nova, Hawk eye, Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, and Vergil. Some meh and some awesome. As much as I think Nemesis is kick a**, I think it's weird we have 4 RE characters, along with another DMC character. And it's odd we are getting Hawk eye when we have Task Master, Nova when we could have the Surfer, Iron Fist when there are more notable characters like DD, any of the FF, or countless villains like Mandarin, Ultron, Juggernaut, or any Spiderman foe. I like that they were given a chance, it's just I feel more iconic characters are given a pass. Dr. Strange is odd to because of what he's doing in the comics now, I love he's in there, but he's since stepped down from the Sorcerer Supreme title, so it makes little sense in conjunction with the comics, unless they are going to bring him back in a big way. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the choices, it's just it's either over saturating a group or picking someone that is rarely a head liner. Rocket Raccoon over Howard? It's silly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 pm
Almost.....she kinda sounded like (even though i hate this show) Robot Chickens impersonation of Lindsay Lohan.

I know about that Ultimate MvC3 announcement. I'm not liking Capcom right now, and the announcement of this game is not helping them at all. I'll go into that later.

On Capcom side, I feel its weird that we get one more RE character, one more DMC character. Yet....STILL no ******** Mega Man! The ******** FACE of Capcom, this is seriously the equivalent of making Smash Bros. game without Mario. I just feel dumbfounded that they not only considered making it without him, but actually DID IT! Don't get me wrong, if there was any DMC character, I wanted in it it would be Vergil. Never would've guessed Nemesis however. I am digging Phoenix Wright. I want to see how he plays. FireBrand? I guess the game needed more Capcom villains... Strider, meh. I like him and all, just hard to be excired for a character I kinda felt was coming. Congrats for putting Frank West in there....even though he was supposed to be in the original game but Capcom chose not to put him in there so they can sell him to you.

Marvel side....Please explain to me who the hell Rocket Raccoon is. As big a comic book fan I am, I freely admit and never afraid to admit when there's something I don't know. I'm guessing that Capcom picked RR and Nova because they do fit a Japanese design in a sense. Japan does like Raccoons, and dudes in shiny armor. Ghost Rider....I like the character of Ghost Rider, but I do now know what there process is for picking this....I do know that they announced another film a little after the character leak. I'm guessing Dr. Strange is in there to be the counter of Dormammu. Interested to see how he plays. For real...I do not know why the ******** they picked Hawkeye. I imagine it'll be like Fox and Falco in Smash Bros. meaning that their move set differences will be MINIMAL! It seems like quick character filler to me. Iron Fist to me is probably the only one that makes some kind of sense. I mean, I guess Marvel needed a straight Martial Artist on there side....could've picked some other characters like DD (as you've said), or Nick Fury.

The game is lacking in selectable villains. How the ******** could they actually make the Venom sprite for MvC1 and put him in MvC2 but not MvC3? Venom was one of my mains.  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 am
Well, Firebrand did have 3 games of his own, was in SVC, and numerous cameos. Plus I saw something on Gametrailers that was a Ghost and Goblins game, so they might be want to reboot it.
Megaman and Gene were apparently considered, but for some reason were not finished. Don't know why not.
Rocket Raccoon and Nova are apart of the same series now I think, along with other space heroes that were created long ago and forgotten. Marvel might have wanted to give them some press for some stupid reason. I mean Rom the Space Knight would have been a better choice.
Hawk-Eye is an archer, he's got a bow, you already got a guy with a bow, there isn't much you can do with a bow that is different from other bowmen, unless he depends on a ton of trick bows.
DD could have been very veristile, with his utility club and maybe some counters. Nick on the other hand,would see him flying around in a jet pack throwing haymakers and shooting guns, maybe a super with his robotic doubles or calling shield agents.
You got to remember that Marvel had to approve who got in, so they are probably going to be there for promotional reasons instead of fun ideas. Venom probably got cut because Brock isn't Venom any more, now he's Anti-Venom. The FF might have been cut because of Johnny's death. DD, despite being a big name, isn't going to get another movie soon, but Iron Fist might, Hawkeye might be in the Avengers movie, hell, the space nobodies might get something. Making them more recognizable is a good idea for moving those things, but it's a strain on classic revival.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 pm
Yes, I'm sure Capcom killing off Megaman recently has nothing to do with the creator of Megaman, Keiji Inafune, left Capcom....I swear...

Capcom is lying to us clearly, people of Japan are even calling them out after what they said about the Ultimate Version of MvC3. Earthquake right? People that live near the HQ of Cap say their area wasn't effected business wise by the quake. Plus, how does this delay....digital DLC....?

MvC3 didn't have spectator mode for online. Which to me is ******** lazy programming, I'm sorry there's nothing they can say as to why they didn't have that in there. So this is one of their biggest selling points for UMvC3, ******** SPECTATOR MODE!!!

I know why Crapcom decided to do this for this game: They know GOD Damned well that some of these DLC characters would've FLOPPED! Almost nobody would've bought Rocket Raccoon. Almost nobody would've bought Nova.

People are completely boycotting UMvC3...I technically am too, but my beef isn't so much with this singular game as much as it is with Capcom as a whole.

So if you're going to buy UMvC3 Confuceus...please, buy it USED! Capcom doesn't deserve one more penny from honest gamers.

User Image  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:30 pm
The Megaman thing may have to do with copyright issues, as well as Inafune stepping down from head of production. Once those things are settled, Megaman may return.
I know people are upset about the UMvC3 thing and many other things that Capcom has done, but I'm trying not to be angry with them. It's a company, not a person. There are so many different forces in a company that no one group can always get what they want. I'm sure they are very upset with some of these things, but some thing in development has gotten something wrong, or something in marketing killed a project, or there was a back up in programing. I can't see all these things as something they wanted to do, sometimes it's just circumstances or the fault of one group in the company. But, that may just be my view. I'm sad about some of these things, but as far as SFXT is concerned, I'm happy with how it's looking, as long as Zangief makes it to fight against the likes of Kuma, Yoshimitsu, Heihachi, and King, I'll be happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:31 am
As sad and upset as I was at the announcement of the cancellation, I would rather have them not make one then to try and not put their heart into it. They confessed that they thought that they could not live up to they hype.

I'm more concerned actually with gaming as a whole, I'm finding these stories and points of views from companies and I get this feeling that this slowly isn't my hobby anymore. I don't want to support this s**t; online passes, unfinished games, games that are major releases and the lead artists and creators talk s**t about their customers. Calling us 'addicts' and s**t. Banning gamers from talking mess or criticizing your game. Telling gamers 'we are not hip enough to get it'. Planning to release more consoles when they haven't reached any peaks for graphics or new styles.  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:23 am
Then take it slower, you don't have to see everything out there. I'm so behind on gaming, I just got a new game a couple of weeks ago, Dragon Quest VIII for PS2, that was the last game I bought. There is much you can do in gaming outside mainstream. Like kicking back and revisiting old games or trying out ones from small companies. No need to pay heed to them, you just do what you wish, they can't tell you what to do or buy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:11 am
I like Dragon Quest VIII. That's the thing, they're not telling me what to do or buy. Otherwise I would've bought MvC3 first day.

This advice actually really seems like EXCELLENT advice.

its been over three months since I've played any games, you know.  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:11 pm
I was going to get Megaman X Anthology with it, but it was snatched from under my nose.
Maybe revisit something that is just pure enjoyment, gaming for the fun of gaming, like Katamari, just take a roll around the park and listen to the wonderful music.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 am
Oh...I've had that happen...Game Boy Player for the GC anyone?

I kinda did that. It's Castlevanias 25th anniversary, and a friend of mine got me a gift. It's my favorite game in the series, Castlevania III. NES is still hooked up to my tv, cause I'm a HUGE NERD! Been playing that for the past few days now.  

NewGenious
Crew

Confuseus57
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 pm
My NES isn't hooked up, I haven't been able to get it to work for a long time. Might try it again sometime.
I've rented Disgaea from the library and have been playing that lately.  
General Loser Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff