Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
Midgar Municipal Water Supply (AC) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:06 pm
Saerenna stiffened as the gun was leveled at her, and gripped her staff harder, glad she had remembered her materia. But something that it had said.... "Wait... Professor Gast?" She asked, perplexed, "You have been absent for a while. A long while. Slayer 1, Professor Gast is dead. And by you not knowing that, I'm assuming you don't know that the previous President Shinra is dead as well. His son, Rufus, is now president." She explained, readying a sheild spell in case this artificial intelligence took the news badly. Or destructively.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:27 pm
Once again, it seemed to pause and consider her words, though no visible movement was apparent. "If Rufus Is President, Then Take Me To Him." It didn't seem to brook any argument, and at the same time it did not seem like it was angry at her but simply doing what it felt was necessary.  

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:38 am
Saerenna gave in and nodded. It probably would be wise to take Slayer 1 to some sort of authority, especially if he didn't know anything about the recent activities. Wow, all the way from Professor Gast's time. Even Saerenna wasn't a scientist then. It was amazing how long this robot had managed to stay working through all of that. Most robots now were used for security, and tended to break quickly because of intruders. ShinRa really needed to improve it's security program. But then again, that's why the Turks were there. "Alright, I'll take you to the President." she relinquished, turning around and walking, knowing it would follow her. What was the easiest way to get to the President with an artificial being in tow?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:38 am
Slayer one did indeed follow her, and put away its weapon as well. It scanned the area, as if wondering how such a drastic change had come over the Shinra building from what it knew from its files.

((Ermak said that Rufus would be in the Shinra building at this point, I believe))  

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:09 pm
Saerenna felt rather nervous with this artificial being behind her, even if it had put it's gun away. She pulled out her phone and pushed a button that would connect her directly to the President. "President, Sir? There is a...er...robot here by the name of Slayer 1 that says he needs to see you. Doesn't seem like he'll brook any arguments either." She said, glancing behind her as if to make sure it wasn't trying to blow her head off or anything. She still kept her hand firmly wrapped around her staff, in case Rufus said that no, it couldn't see him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:07 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:20 pm
Rufus was sitting in his office, taking care of buisiness as so often he needed to, this Kadaj kid was a real peice of work, but might prove useful to Rufus' eventual plans, At the moment the president sat in his motorized wheelchair. His enveloping cloak tucked comfortably and concealingly about him. It was slightly annoying but he couldn't let anyone realize that the extent of his injuries were not as bad as he let people assume. Even as he was working his phone rang, and his right hand slipped inside his cloak and flipped open the small communication device. Saerenna's voice on the other side sounded concerned, he listened carefully his keen mind working furiously, "I see, ... take the long route, use the stairs, and tell me what you know about this .... "Slayer 1". Who made him, what is his purpose, and above all... why does he think he needs to see me." He didn't hang up the phone, but instead listened to her conversing to the robot. Things were getting interesting...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:25 pm
Ugh, the stairs. Those accursed stairs that went on forever, but the President did have a good reason for sending her on the winding, never-ending climb. "Yes, sir." Saerenna replied, turning to a hallway on the right. She looked back at Slayer 1, both to see if he was following and to ask him a question. "So why did you come here anyway? Especially after being away for so long. Did word of the changes in ShinRa really never reach you?" She made sure to tilt the phone a bit, so that Rufus might be able to hear it's answer.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:19 pm
"I Was Activated, By An Unknown Source, I Came Here For Answers, To Find My Creator, Who You Tell Me Is Dead. I Require Directives, So I Turn To The President As The Only Available Authority." It stated in response to her question. "I Still Do Not Know The Extent Of These Changes You Speak Of, But I Intend To Serve Nonetheless."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:00 am
"So...Professor Gast is your creator?" She inferred, thinking it out. They came to the stairs and started their seemingly neverending trek. At least they didn't have to start at the end of the stairs. Those things were ment to stop intruders and discourage them. But in her opinion, it discouraged employees more. "A lot has changed. Hojo for a while became the head scientist, but he's dead as well." she informed Slayer 1, not revealing yet that she herself had been a scientist. "So were you originally created for a purpose? And has it been fufilled? Is that why you're here now without direction?" She asked the artificial intelligence.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:33 pm
"Yes." Slayer 1 answered her first question succintly. "My Design Is To Gaurd And Protect. Offensively And Defensively. My Purpose Is Ongoing, Never Finished, Thus I have Been Created To Be Self Sustaining." It continued to scan, seeming to know the layout to some degree, having obviously had the basic schematics of the shinra building uploaded into its memory banks at some point.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm
"So you're here...because you need...something to guard. I see." She said between huffing breaths, the long ascent up the stairs taking quite a bit of a toll on her. Who in their right mind would take the stairs!? Well, apparently she would, but still.... At least they were approaching the president's floor. "Self-sustaining... What kind of power...do you run off,then? And does that mean... that you're equipped... with a self-repair program as well?" She asked, genuinely interested this time, rather than just asking for Rufus' benefit.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Zaber Blade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:22 pm
Ermak Lorde
Zaber Blade

Zaber was quite prepared at the attack. As a matter of fact, he notice so many similarities between Kadaj and Sepiroth, he could almost predict part of the fighting style. It was, though, by no means easy. He may have stood his ground for a brief time against Sepiroth two years ago, but he still hadn't recovered from his two year hibernation, his reflexes were still not back up to bar with the Remanent. DMM... what have you dragged me into now? he thought. He was having servere difficulty blocking Kadaj fast, light blade with the requiem, as it was simply to large a weapon to deal with it. Zaber jumped away and pulled the Coin of the Ancients from his pocket. He threw it up in the air before Kadaj was able to begin his next attack...

DMM was sent sprawling from Loz's attacks, but flipped and recovered in midair. He hovered there for a moment. "I have you know... I don't take kindly to sneak attacks!" DMM took off his sunglasses and threw them to the ground. He opened his eyes to reveal a set of peirceing yellow eyes, which began to glow. It was then he began to change. His skin, was becoming scales, shining red scales. His fingernails becamwe sharp silver claws, his eyes continued to glow constantly brighter. He held out his right arm, and a large spike began to grow slowly out of his forearm. A moment later the transfrotmation was complete. His wings, changed from their feathery red to drak red dragon flesh. The spike, which had prior been inside of him, was already loaded with one yellow, two green, and one red materia. His voice was deep, and raspy, "LITTLE BOY THIS, PUNK!" DMM dived in on Loz, thrusting his spike towards him. He knew it would be dodged easily, but that was the point. "ENEMY SKILL! PANDORA'S BOX!"

OOC: whee LIMIT breaks!

((Two can play at this game... and Trine is one of the nastiest lightning spells in the game... it will HURT!!!))

Even as Zaber tossed up his coin Kadaj had leapt backwards sliding past Loz in one fluid movement, and in the next he held the 'Velvet Nightmare' spare Loz carried, in his left hand The coin Zaber had tossed never reached the warrior as Kadaj shot it neatly from the air, sending it spiraling into the dirt far below. In the next motion Kadaj aimed and fired the gun three times at Zaber, still backing away. Just in time for Sabel's Trine.

Loz also seemed to be on the defensive, and just as DMM finished morphing into his limit-break, Loz used his own, pounding his fist into the ground and sending a wave of rock and stone bearing down on the Dragon-Hybrid. Before DMM could recover from that Sabel's Trine hit, this fight was definetally not on the Avalanche warrior's side, The Remnants had no intention of fighting fairly.

Yazou smirked crookedly at Sofia, "Kadaj has everything under control Imouto-san." He chuckled softly, "Those traitors won't even know what hit them." The truck lumbered it's way out of the city, with the children in the back Yazou couldn't drive as fast as he liked, though he prefered a motorcycle anyway. "One more load after this, and all of Mother's children will be with us!" Yazou grinned, it was a very exciting prospect, and perhaps in his anticipation he was a little less wary than he should have been.

The unison attack by three remnants had thoroughly beaten back Zaber and DMM. They we're both on their knees, brutally injured. Zaber looked at the ground to where he'd seen the coin knocked, and it was gone. He wouldn't have been able to get to it anyways.
"You have any idea's DMM?"
"One. But I'm screwed without any MP."
"I have some left. What's the plan?" DMM silently plucked the red materia from his arm spike and handed it to Zaber.
"I see where you're going with this.... Summon! Ifrit!" The color on DMM's scales shifted from green to red as the summon took place, and blasted both the Remanants and the two of them. DMM and Zaber emerged from the attack not only unphased, but somewhat healed...
"Let's get outta here while their distracted, we've overestimated ourselves..."
"Aww... I wanted to go to Costa De Sol!"
"Give it up already!" He shoved DMM into the air as they both took off. They may have enough strength to flee now, but that was it.

OOC: Let me just explain. Zaber's has a fire materia implanted in his chest, so he absorbs damage from fire magic, like in the game. DMM, when in dragon form, can shift what his elemental strength's and weaknesses are, so he shifted to being strong to fire. Therefore, the Ifrit spell healed them. Sorry to split, but they we're getting owned. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:24 pm
"Proffesor Ghast Instilled Me With Unrefined Mako Energy, Partially Solidified Into Crystaline Form, This Provides Me With All The Power I Need To Function Indefinately. I Can Use That Energy To Revitalize My Composition, And Mend Minor Fractures To My Structure. For Serious Damage I Must Seek Out Repair Facilities." Slayer 1 continued to follow untiring up the stairs, finding no difficulty traversing them.  

Janus HighPriestOfPlayer

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:52 pm
"Ah.... I get it..." She huffed, stopping and leaning on her staff as they approached Rufus' floor. After taking a few more deep breaths, and wishing for a moment that she herself was a robot so that she wouldn't be so weary after climbing a ton of stairs, she said into the still-open phone, "President, sir? We've reached your floor. Permission to continue?" She asked. Hopefully soon she'd get more energy in her legs. Maybe she should work out more often, or even take the stairs on a regular basis. She couldn't think of a better way than that to improve her leg muscles at the moment.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games