Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:37 pm
Lilygwen
Exxos
Rupean leivonnaisia! Hyrulean hoitoon! Kuten pannukakkuja terästetty Spider alkioita, ne ilahduttavat liikekumppaninsa kyky maistua hyvältä ja ryömiä pois kun ei enää tarvita.

gaia_nitemareleft

Spider pancakes? ... Exxos what have you been drinking lately? xp

gaia_angelright

Hah! That was supposed to be a reply to your status on facebook. xp I tried to figure it out and it was all kinds of weird. Then I used online translation in hopes of an average making sense and it spat out things about Legend of Zelda. So I made up that reply based on the messed up version I got. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:34 am
Exxos
Lilygwen
Exxos
Rupean leivonnaisia! Hyrulean hoitoon! Kuten pannukakkuja terästetty Spider alkioita, ne ilahduttavat liikekumppaninsa kyky maistua hyvältä ja ryömiä pois kun ei enää tarvita.

gaia_nitemareleft

gaia_angelright

Hah! That was supposed to be a reply to your status on facebook. xp I tried to figure it out and it was all kinds of weird. Then I used online translation in hopes of an average making sense and it spat out things about Legend of Zelda. So I made up that reply based on the messed up version I got. biggrin

Exxos, you speak Finnish?  

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:11 pm
Sammirah
Exxos
Lilygwen
Exxos

gaia_nitemareleft

gaia_angelright

Exxos, you speak Finnish?

Technically no. xd
If you asked Lilygwen, I'd imagine she'd say that I use dated words, maim the language in general, and leave it to limp into a nearby field to later explode. rofl
I study a lot of languages and have a ton of translation guides and books. So I can read/translate/write Finnish poorly from those to fill in my bare bones knowledge, over time building up some understanding of the language.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:57 pm
i speak spanish, english and a little portugues whee  

Jmpv

Unbeatable Seeker

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 am
Exxos

gaia_nitemareleft

Ohhhh, right... You must of had an interesting online translator to get Zelda out of it. xp (I was just complaining that why oh why do I always have an urge to bake something for visitors when the shops are closed. )

As a reply to Sammirah and yours conversation... well yeah. Finnish is an extremely difficult language to translate with a book or program because we "build" almost infinite amount of words with just putting endings in the word. And, I'm sorry to say Exxos, but you some times sound like Google translator. xd I can get a grasp what you are meaning but it doesn't come out quite "fluent".

Finnish is one of those languages that you really need to study long to make it sound fluent. For example, we have almost 2000 different words or phares to express drunkenness or being drunk. Also there are almost I think 1000 different words to explain different states of snow or snowing. rofl To add that, we don't have prepositions we add endings to words and we can bash several different ones together and still make it understandable.

I speak (addition to english of course) some swedish. Finland is bilingual country so swedish and of course english are some what mandatory languages to learn. We must study Swedish in schools and also we must take another foreign language which is usually either english, german or french. I also understand moderately some other languages too like Danish and Norwegian and also German. Now, I've took an hobby to learn some Japanese. I found some good study books in the book fair I was few weeks back so it's mostly just to take my mind of all the work stuff. Trying to understand japanese letters is like filling up a crossword puzzle. whee

gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:25 pm
ohhhhh im lost !  

Jmpv

Unbeatable Seeker

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:35 pm
I keep trying though. sweatdrop

I am much better at Dutch and German. Working on Korean. Japanese I am somewhat proficient at reading, but put me on the spot and I have a major brainfart.

Danish I can't even try, it's like trying to speak the other Scandinavian languages whilst choking on a haddock. I can't make those sounds any better than I can make Czech sounds.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 pm
Lilygwen

........ For example, we have almost 2000 different words or phares to express drunkenness or being drunk. Also there are almost I think 1000 different words to explain different states of snow or snowing.........

The snow thing I understand... but 2000 words to express drunkenness? I didn't realize how much the Finish loved to drink. rofl  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:01 pm
Camwen
Lilygwen

........ For example, we have almost 2000 different words or phares to express drunkenness or being drunk. Also there are almost I think 1000 different words to explain different states of snow or snowing.........

The snow thing I understand... but 2000 words to express drunkenness? I didn't realize how much the Finish loved to drink. rofl

And that probably does not serve to reduce the stereotype of drunken ginger snowpeople that is so prolific either.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:11 am
gaia_nitemareleft

@Camwen & Exxos: Hahah, yeah. I read about it in an article about how we Finns love to use idioms and multiple meanings to different things. The drunkedness takes it to whole another level though. Also we have interesting sayings that might not "open up" to a foreigner. rolleyes For example a saying (roughly translated) "that guy doesn't have all moomins in the valley" means basically that he's nuts. xp Oh and I appreciate the effort Exxos. It's nice to know that some one tries to make some sense out of our language since it is theoretically a "dying" language. xp

For me Dutch sounds just random mumble like some one is trying to eat up a living squirrel. xd It's much easier to understand Danish, though I can read it better than I can understand from speech but I suppose it's because of the Swedish lessons we have to take.

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 pm
Yeah, written Danish is easier, though most of what I understand of written Danish comes from 1980's lego catalogs, back when they did not print for each region and just had the one multilingual one.

A Czech one I know, but can't say, goes something like, "Je to pár piv stydět, že jsou chytří."

That someone is a few drinks short of being smart. As if to say the only way anything smart is going to come out of this person's mouth is if he is so drunk it cancels out the stupid.

I have a couple sayings that are the English equivalents of foreign ones.
"They're a drool cup short of an asylum." From Polish.
"He milks the kids in the morning." (Sounds *****, but it is actually referring to goats, and is Belarusian. The word for milking and and old slang for masturbating are the same word. Kev's dad used to say that about really stupid, crazy people.)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:04 pm
Get ready to yell Exxos! There's a new RIG in town

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/guardian-totem-item-list-in-progress-bundles-unsealed/t.75843543/  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 pm
Camwen
Get ready to yell Exxos! There's a new RIG in town

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/guardian-totem-item-list-in-progress-bundles-unsealed/t.75843543/

*beats head on desk and cries; defeated*  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 pm
I will share this new chance items with the guild, i purchase two of this items and this is my "luck"

User Image

When you touch the Guardian Totem, the formless spirit trapped within will gaze deep into your soul. As it takes stock of your strengths and instincts, it will take the form of your spirit animal, a powerful guardian that will guide you through life. Touch the mysterious totem and reveal your spirit...

User Image

The totem reveals your spirit... the spirit of the Bear! Your strength and resolve inspire others. You may have aggressive tendencies, so you must be careful and watch your temper, but you are a natural leader.

User Image

Your spirit animal is the Spider! The Spider is both strength and gentleness combined. She embodies responsibility and the unlimited number of possibilities available when you can spin your own destiny...

Jmpv

Unbeatable Seeker

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 pm
Jmpv
I will share this new chance items with the guild, i purchase two of this items and this is my "luck"

User Image

When you touch the Guardian Totem, the formless spirit trapped within will gaze deep into your soul. As it takes stock of your strengths and instincts, it will take the form of your spirit animal, a powerful guardian that will guide you through life. Touch the mysterious totem and reveal your spirit...

User Image

The totem reveals your spirit... the spirit of the Bear! Your strength and resolve inspire others. You may have aggressive tendencies, so you must be careful and watch your temper, but you are a natural leader.

User Image

Your spirit animal is the Spider! The Spider is both strength and gentleness combined. She embodies responsibility and the unlimited number of possibilities available when you can spin your own destiny...

So you're a spider-bear? Ooh - that sounds scary!  
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games