Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anti-GUILD!! IRON FIST!!!!!111
Best Friends Forever Club -- Nabs, Pi, & Chrys Party! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14363 14364 14365 14366 14367 14368 ... 14383 14384 14385 14386 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joasis

Ruthless Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 am
Chrysant
Dunno if there's any AGers in the path of hurricane Irma, but if so - stay say dudes and dudettes! heart
I second on that. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:54 am
Chrysant
We get tornadoes here...every first Tuesday of the month is tornado siren testing day. xd We live near the weather station so when they go into their basement we know we better go too.

We had a really bad one 2 years ago but only 1 person died and it was because she refused to go into her basement. They say with cell phones and sirens now it's hard NOT to know it is coming and take shelter.
Oh wow, that's... Yeah. I can't wrap my head around that being normal. xd

But saying that every Monday at 10am there's a test for the alarm at a nearby high-security psychiatric hospital, in case someone breaks out... Not weather related, but something that's just considered normal now.
I work by a local community college and for some reason all their weather related alerts aren't alarms...but a voice?? So every now and then they test the system and it scares the heck out of me because all the sudden there is a loud booming robot voice coming from outside.

But the torando sirens always freak me out because they sound like all those bomb sirens you see in WW2 movies. sweatdrop  

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 am
Joasis
Chrysant
Dunno if there's any AGers in the path of hurricane Irma, but if so - stay say dudes and dudettes! heart
I second on that. heart
A wild Jo!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 am
Chrysant
We get tornadoes here...every first Tuesday of the month is tornado siren testing day. xd We live near the weather station so when they go into their basement we know we better go too.

We had a really bad one 2 years ago but only 1 person died and it was because she refused to go into her basement. They say with cell phones and sirens now it's hard NOT to know it is coming and take shelter.

But saying that every Monday at 10am there's a test for the alarm at a nearby high-security psychiatric hospital, in case someone breaks out... Not weather related, but something that's just considered normal now.
I work by a local community college and for some reason all their weather related alerts aren't alarms...but a voice?? So every now and then they test the system and it scares the heck out of me because all the sudden there is a loud booming robot voice coming from outside.

But the torando sirens always freak me out because they sound like all those bomb sirens you see in WW2 movies. sweatdrop
We got.... nothing. We had an earthquake several years ago and we just sat there in our chairs. It didn't even occur to us to hide in our doorways! xd

We had a tornado alert on our phones during this summer, so we all leaned out, looked at the sky (it wasn't even windy), then carried on. I went to the grocery store.

The only thing we take seriously are the snowstorms. I had to go pick up my brother from work (he works 1 hour away), and after factoring in all the shoveling, slow traffic, I was STILL late (only 30 min tho!). I'm so glad I bought a 4WD SUV!  

Peppermint Elf
Crew

Moonlight Warrior

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 am
Peppermint Elf
Chrysant

We got.... nothing. We had an earthquake several years ago and we just sat there in our chairs. It didn't even occur to us to hide in our doorways! xd

We had a tornado alert on our phones during this summer, so we all leaned out, looked at the sky (it wasn't even windy), then carried on. I went to the grocery store.

The only thing we take seriously are the snowstorms. I had to go pick up my brother from work (he works 1 hour away), and after factoring in all the shoveling, slow traffic, I was STILL late (only 30 min tho!). I'm so glad I bought a 4WD SUV!
Oh yeah snowstorms! We get a lot of those...when I got a new car I got AWD SUV and it is amazing. We live way out in the country on a state road so we tend to be last on the plow list...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:58 am
Nature is crazy man... Have you guys seen what it's done to the beaches in the Bahamas?!  

Chrysant
Crew

Wheezing Sex Symbol

Chrysant
Crew

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 am

xd Yeah I can imagine hearing a booming robot voice to be a bit freaky!

Yeah, the alarm that's tested here is a siren - thankfully not one that sounds like a bomb alert... That would be hellaweird.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:57 am
Chrysant
Nature is crazy man... Have you guys seen what it's done to the beaches in the Bahamas?!
So terrible. crying

At least it looks it weakened a bit before it hit Florida. It's probably not better that it is now headed straight along the coast. The storm is going to make it all the way to my state but it looks like it is going to dissipate before it gets up to us.  

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:05 am
Chrysant

xd Yeah I can imagine hearing a booming robot voice to be a bit freaky!

Yeah, the alarm that's tested here is a siren - thankfully not one that sounds like a bomb alert... That would be hellaweird.
IT IS.

Hah, I actually found our county's website that has clips of what they sound like! Apparently there are different sounds for different things? I guess that is good to know.

http://www.winnebagosheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157:emergency-sirens&catid=50:faq-a-more-information  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm
Chrysant
So terrible. crying

At least it looks it weakened a bit before it hit Florida. It's probably not better that it is now headed straight along the coast. The storm is going to make it all the way to my state but it looks like it is going to dissipate before it gets up to us.
It's so scary (but also really interesting) that a storm can travel that far...  

Chrysant
Crew

Wheezing Sex Symbol

Chrysant
Crew

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:32 pm
IT IS.

Hah, I actually found our county's website that has clips of what they sound like! Apparently there are different sounds for different things? I guess that is good to know.

http://www.winnebagosheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157:emergency-sirens&catid=50:faq-a-more-information
Holy moly those are irritating - definitely effective for making people want to leave!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 pm
omg how is it only Wednesday. gonk  

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

Chrysant
Crew

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:39 pm
Great news! I'm from the future and it's about an hour and a half away from Friday!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm
Chrysant
Great news! I'm from the future and it's about an hour and a half away from Friday!
FUTURE FRIDAY!  

Vice Captain

Professional Witch

Chrysant
Crew

Wheezing Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:37 am
Chrysant
FUTURE FRIDAY!
I can confirm that Friday is happening. This is not a drill! I REPEAT - THIS IS NOT A DRILL. wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance  
Anti-GUILD!! IRON FIST!!!!!111

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14363 14364 14365 14366 14367 14368 ... 14383 14384 14385 14386 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games