Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anti-GUILD!! IRON FIST!!!!!111
Best Friends Forever Club -- Nabs, Pi, & Chrys Party! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14260 14261 14262 14263 14264 14265 ... 14382 14383 14384 14385 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MegamanPsy
Crew

Mega Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:28 pm
WhiteJoker
MegamanPsy
Just ordered the Laptop and XBox. Getting a 4GB Slim model. Will take about a week to get here.

What'd you get?

It's an Inspiron.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 pm
Streamjumper
Consider my vote cast, Dill.

MegamanPsy
Got the computer in the mail today. It is going to take me awhile to get used to the keyboard.

Awesome. I've never really been able to get used to laptop keyboards myself.

So, do you have any games for your impending 360 yet? Is there anything you're considering? Lemme know what you're thinking of and what you're interested in.

In other news, they're accepting applications for the closed beta of Gotham City Imposters here if anyone is interested in giving it a shot. Imagine a shooter where you're a member of either a gang of in-comic-world Batman wannabes or Joker wannabes going after the rival gang. Toss in either batmanny or jokerish gadgets and allow to marinate. That's the idea in a nutshell.

Also, THQ has announced that in addition to the well-documented richly developed single player campaign and long spoken-of (and highly customizable) multi-player, they're throwing in an only previously rumored (and unreflected in the recently released cheevo list) co-op mode. Showing further exactly how rumored this mode was is the fact that it is 5 player co-op (of an unmentioned nature rather than the widely speculated 2 player campaign mode) to be released 30 days post-street to anyone with one of the passes included in every new copy of the game. Cue epic maelstrom of nerd rage of the entitlement nature. Somehow this unannounced, unadvertised, unreflected in the acchievement list, extra item intended to preserve new sales in the face of an outright brutal used market has been deemed to be "stripped from the game" to "gouge the consumers" rendering it to be "shipped incomplete". Wow. Just wow. That'll learn them to ******** the customer base by adding an extra item to an already well-developed and apparently value-rich successor to a generally high-quality intellectual property produced by a well-regarded electronic entertainment studio.

Remember, boys and girls... protecting your profits by giving the customers goodies and incentives rather than always-on DRM is what Hitler did. I know this because some pimple-ridden 13 year old angstily posted a blog-rant to a gaming forum... presumably from the inside of his locker. I get a feeling he's used to it in there.

Might be a bit before I get anything. Money's tight for now. If anything I'll see if I can get some of the games back from when I had the brother's Xbox here. RDR, and Mass Effect.  

MegamanPsy
Crew

Mega Member

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 am
MegamanPsy
Might be a bit before I get anything. Money's tight for now. If anything I'll see if I can get some of the games back from when I had the brother's Xbox here. RDR, and Mass Effect.

Sweet. Send me your mailing address in case federal funds become available for a gamer subsidy. You'd be amazed at how flexible criteria are... Quite a few around here have already qualified. Hell, the only person I know who is outright ineligible is Rae since she doesn't have a system to play games on.

On a related note (to gaming, not the subsidy or Rae's lack of video games), this weekend is triple xp on Red Dead Redemption... all week long. Anyone up for some of that rootin' tootin' action?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am
I don't have any plans yet, so I may see about dropping in for some RDR this weekend. I'll probably mostly keep the microphone off, though. Genrou died last month and I still mostly just cry all the time when I'm home, so nobody needs to be hearing that.  

Dr. Fomite

Aged Vet

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:34 pm
Dr. Fomite
I don't have any plans yet, so I may see about dropping in for some RDR this weekend. I'll probably mostly keep the microphone off, though. Genrou died last month and I still mostly just cry all the time when I'm home, so nobody needs to be hearing that.

Cool. It'll be nice to have more people about for this. Hopefully we can get in a little of that mayhem we've had going before... and get people a little closer to having their very own buffalo to ride around.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Mala. I only knew Gen vicariously via your posts and pictures, but I'll certainly miss the fairy-winged gent. And we're your friends... listening to you when you're mostly crying is part and parcel. As is aiding you in administering lead whatever-ectomies to the bandits/innocent civilians/curious bystanders/other friends who so dearly need them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:04 pm
Dr. Fomite

*Luna snuggles* I'm sorry to hear about that.  

LunaInverse
Crew

Cheery Sweetheart

17,000 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300

Zelyhon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:55 pm
Dr. Fomite
Aww...I'm really sorry to hear that, Mala. Losing a pet is never easy, and I hope that you're doing alright with getting by. I think you might need some distraction or at least some friendly people around to talk with.

In other news, thanks for the XBox starter kit, Stream! I got it a day or two ago and believe I will quite enjoy all the mayhem in the games. I'm working on getting some of the kinks worked out with my XBL account. It turns out I already registered an account, but forgot. XD As such, my Mass Effect game is now saved on the wrong profile, so I've got to do some switching around of names tomorrow. As of now, I have Borderlands, Saints Row 1 and 2, and Mass Effect available to me for the 360. If people are around tomorrow, I'd love to give this "XBox" thing a try.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:42 pm
Zelyhon
Dr. Fomite
Aww...I'm really sorry to hear that, Mala. Losing a pet is never easy, and I hope that you're doing alright with getting by. I think you might need some distraction or at least some friendly people around to talk with.

In other news, thanks for the XBox starter kit, Stream! I got it a day or two ago and believe I will quite enjoy all the mayhem in the games. I'm working on getting some of the kinks worked out with my XBL account. It turns out I already registered an account, but forgot. XD As such, my Mass Effect game is now saved on the wrong profile, so I've got to do some switching around of names tomorrow. As of now, I have Borderlands, Saints Row 1 and 2, and Mass Effect available to me for the 360. If people are around tomorrow, I'd love to give this "XBox" thing a try.

Are you still using Zelyhon for your gamertag, or are you using the other one? I'll be on most of the evening, even if I'm idle for some of it. Just send me a friend invite at Streamjumper... or a message.  

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:45 am
Kin! Hey Kin! Plenty of the rest of you might like that too, but I know this'll cause Kin to black out only to awaken a few days later in a ditch south of Tiajuana, covered in blood, vomit, and salsa with no recollection of the missing time and a primed grenade clenched in his teeth.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm
Dill's on her way home.  

MegamanPsy
Crew

Mega Member

Dr. Fomite

Aged Vet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 pm
I hate my router and it hates my XBox. Pooh on it. One of these days I will just punch it in the face. If I can figure out where its face is.

Instead I spent the weekend doing yard work, napping, and reading the first four acts of Homestuck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 am
Dr. Fomite
I hate my router and it hates my XBox. Pooh on it. One of these days I will just punch it in the face. If I can figure out where its face is.

Instead I spent the weekend doing yard work, napping, and reading the first four acts of Homestuck.

A fine way to spend the weekend.  

MegamanPsy
Crew

Mega Member

Zelyhon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:01 pm
Streamjumper
Zelyhon
Dr. Fomite

Are you still using Zelyhon for your gamertag, or are you using the other one? I'll be on most of the evening, even if I'm idle for some of it. Just send me a friend invite at Streamjumper... or a message.
Zelyhon. If I were to change my username, that'd just confuse everyone. The only thing I lost was my save data from Mass Effect and I wasn't really that far in it anyways. So yeah, now I'm all Xbox'd up.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:08 pm
Zelyhon
Streamjumper
Zelyhon
Dr. Fomite

Zelyhon. If I were to change my username, that'd just confuse everyone. The only thing I lost was my save data from Mass Effect and I wasn't really that far in it anyways. So yeah, now I'm all Xbox'd up.

Er, I know that now. I posted that minutes before I ran into you on Live.

So, gonna be around any nights this weekend? Group gaming is imminent.  

Streamjumper
Vice Captain

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Zelyhon
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:01 am
Streamjumper
Zelyhon
Streamjumper
Zelyhon
Dr. Fomite

Er, I know that now. I posted that minutes before I ran into you on Live.

So, gonna be around any nights this weekend? Group gaming is imminent.
I figured that you probably knew already, since we talked online. It just seemed like the most convenient way to clear it up for other AGers who weren't in that conversation or haven't seen the friend request yet.

And yeah, I'm back in Sacramento, so I should have some more time for gaming this weekend. I picked up a mic and am pretty much ready to go.  
Anti-GUILD!! IRON FIST!!!!!111

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14260 14261 14262 14263 14264 14265 ... 14382 14383 14384 14385 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games