Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Start of a Long Road Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:09 pm
Darksol88
Little had Aden known he never stopped at the shop, and thus had no Pokeballs. But he was a resourceful lad, maybe he'd figure something out... wait, what was that in the grass, he wondered. It looked awful fluffy, and yellow. He slowed his pace and kept an eye on it, getting a Pokeball from his vest pocket.

"Come out... come out..." He found himself watching the figure turn the other way. "Fine, lemme get its attention." This action was met with a rock being picked up and lobbed at the yellow mass, startling it and receiving a small jolt.

Aden wasn't too fond of this, and shook a little as he recovered. "Ow..." Suddenly, the mass ran off, trying to get away from its assailant. "Heyyy! Nidoran, go after it!"

Tossing the ball to let his Nidoran out, the two gave chase. That thing wasn't getting away.

As far away as Aden was, he really knows how to make noise, it seems. "Apparently he found something." I said to myself. Something then dawned on me. "Oh crap...we never did go by the mart, did we? And-bah. Looks like I got to shell out for him this once." I said, rushing off. Hey, even Im not perfect. Now lets see if I can't find Aden before he gets in over his head.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:42 am
Aden had a way of getting around quickly. He had found himself dancing around the edge near a bridge in his chase, stopping midway into the grass. "There.... ya gonna stop now?" He asked, watching the Pokemon come out into a clearer view. The fluffiness saw a proper reason, looking to be wool. In fact, the Pokemon looked like a sheep... this was a Mareep? Sure, he's seen the entry on it but this thing looked puny to him.

"Uh... good sheep?" Another shock went his way. "Bad sheep. Nidoran, Double Kick." He was a little wary about his command, but Nidoran knew little in the way of ranged attacks. Poison Sting was the best he had for the time, but he didn't want to risk poisoning it if he could help it.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 am
Darksol88
Aden had a way of getting around quickly. He had found himself dancing around the edge near a bridge in his chase, stopping midway into the grass. "There.... ya gonna stop now?" He asked, watching the Pokemon come out into a clearer view. The fluffiness saw a proper reason, looking to be wool. In fact, the Pokemon looked like a sheep... this was a Mareep? Sure, he's seen the entry on it but this thing looked puny to him.

"Uh... good sheep?" Another shock went his way. "Bad sheep. Nidoran, Double Kick." He was a little wary about his command, but Nidoran knew little in the way of ranged attacks. Poison Sting was the best he had for the time, but he didn't want to risk poisoning it if he could help it.

I started to rush across the fields and through the trees, trying to see if I could find Aden. Praise be instincts right at the moment...it was leading me right to him. Quickly I jumped into the trees and then hopped from one right into another until I found Aden down below. So he actually found himself a Mareep, huh? Now lets see if Aden can wrangle it...

As Aden's Nidoran tussled with the Nidoran, I took out a empty Pokeball. He was going to need to capture this thing after all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:49 am
The Mareep was already trying to defend itself, its wool becoming charged. It wasn't able to get it in time for the first kick to land, and flinched from the impact. The pause allowed the second kick to land without incident either, but there was a visible charge by the time Nidoran went back to Aden's side. Direct attacks wouldn't be wise now; it'd be like attacking Nidoran and letting the horn puncture on the way.

"Wait... let's try and keep it in place. Nidoran, run some circles and lay a trap!" If direct attacks were out, Aden thought he could level the playing field and stick it to ranged fighting. He'd have to forget about not wanting to poison it, though, as he watched his Pokemon try to move faster than Mareep could keep up with.

He was able to get a ring punctured in the ground, with each 'hole' looking slightly pointed. They didn't look that unusual, but knowing Nidoran, they were likely traced with his own poison... however, that was all the time he had before the charged electricity was released, zapping Nidoran and sending him back. He staggered from the attack, fighting a sudden spasm and regaining his composure.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:54 am
Darksol88
The Mareep was already trying to defend itself, its wool becoming charged. It wasn't able to get it in time for the first kick to land, and flinched from the impact. The pause allowed the second kick to land without incident either, but there was a visible charge by the time Nidoran went back to Aden's side. Direct attacks wouldn't be wise now; it'd be like attacking Nidoran and letting the horn puncture on the way.

"Wait... let's try and keep it in place. Nidoran, run some circles and lay a trap!" If direct attacks were out, Aden thought he could level the playing field and stick it to ranged fighting. He'd have to forget about not wanting to poison it, though, as he watched his Pokemon try to move faster than Mareep could keep up with.

He was able to get a ring punctured in the ground, with each 'hole' looking slightly pointed. They didn't look that unusual, but knowing Nidoran, they were likely traced with his own poison... however, that was all the time he had before the charged electricity was released, zapping Nidoran and sending him back. He staggered from the attack, fighting a sudden spasm and regaining his composure.

I stared in confusion as I watched Aden command the Nidoran to get moving like he did. What on earth was he trying to do? Whatever it was, leaving Nidoran open like that didn't go over too kosher when that Mareep nailed him. "......."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:04 am
"Now... grr." Aden tried to think. There had to be a way to keep things going, hopefully without resorting to a switch. Poliwhirl had the better options for ranged combat, but he wouldn't be able to take on a Mareep quite so well if he was hit. He looked around, to the water's edge. The ground there was rather moist. Maybe a little muddy too... wait.

The idea could've bit him, it was so obvious. That Mareep wouldn't be able to go far if it wanted to do something other than fire bolts. "Wait... yeah... over there! Dig a hole, kick some mud, I dunno."

Nidoran, on the other hand, had access to a crude form of Mud Slap. He still spasmed every so often as he ran, and as he dug and kicked the mud behind him. This, in turn, was worrying Aden a little. Stupid Mareep, must've paralyzed him.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:05 pm
Darksol88
"Now... grr." Aden tried to think. There had to be a way to keep things going, hopefully without resorting to a switch. Poliwhirl had the better options for ranged combat, but he wouldn't be able to take on a Mareep quite so well if he was hit. He looked around, to the water's edge. The ground there was rather moist. Maybe a little muddy too... wait.

The idea could've bit him, it was so obvious. That Mareep wouldn't be able to go far if it wanted to do something other than fire bolts. "Wait... yeah... over there! Dig a hole, kick some mud, I dunno."

Nidoran, on the other hand, had access to a crude form of Mud Slap. He still spasmed every so often as he ran, and as he dug and kicked the mud behind him. This, in turn, was worrying Aden a little. Stupid Mareep, must've paralyzed him.

Dear God, Aden is getting a bit worked up again. And this is just he and his Pokemon taking on a Wild Pokemon. What is this? "......"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:04 am
"Alright, alright, just stay calm, I've got this..." Aden said to himself, noticing his worry. He couldn't get too caught up in this. He knew that Mareep wouldn't be able to go far, and the mud surely couldn't help matters.... yeah, he didn't need to do much more, lest he risk overkill. "Yeah."

He called his Nidoran back to stand his ground, and reached into a part of his vest where he'd normally keep various odds and ends... or, he would've if he had anything in there. He hadn't thought about this until now, but it suddenly dawned on him that they never went to the mart. "...Okay, it's not all lost, maybe I can get it to stick with me or something."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:58 am
I think Aden is thinking this thing is ready to be capped. Alright then...

I then lobbed the Pokeball. The target? Aden's head. Well, had to get his attention somehow, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am
"If I can get those spikes out, may- guah!" Aden's train of thought was put onto another rail and sent to an untimely demise when the ball nailed him. "What the heck was-" He wondered what he had done to deserve such a thing, but the reason reached him quickly enough. "...Oh. Okay, that works too, thanks."

He went to pick the ball up, intending to lob it at its more intended target. While this part happened without incident, he didn't count on Mareep's electricity building up and the ball hitting its wool before ever opening up. The result was a ball wobbling about and giving weak sparks from the electricity running its course into the ground.

"...Yeah, I know, we forgot to stop and pick some stuff up. I'll pay you back for that one." Aden finally said, watching as the ball stopped.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 pm
Darksol88
"If I can get those spikes out, may- guah!" Aden's train of thought was put onto another rail and sent to an untimely demise when the ball nailed him. "What the heck was-" He wondered what he had done to deserve such a thing, but the reason reached him quickly enough. "...Oh. Okay, that works too, thanks."

He went to pick the ball up, intending to lob it at its more intended target. While this part happened without incident, he didn't count on Mareep's electricity building up and the ball hitting its wool before ever opening up. The result was a ball wobbling about and giving weak sparks from the electricity running its course into the ground.

"...Yeah, I know, we forgot to stop and pick some stuff up. I'll pay you back for that one." Aden finally said, watching as the ball stopped.

I hopped down from the tree and then walked over towards Aden. "So looks like you went for a Mareep after all." I said to him. "I was wondering a bit though, what was all that you were getting Nidoran to do there a moment ago?" I asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm
"Oh, those? Toxic Spikes. Keep it from moving too much, and to give Nidoran something to aim for with that mud. I thought if I could coat it with that mud after keeping it in place, it wouldn't be able to attack as reliably." Aden explained. "But I thought a Mareep would be the best idea, even if doing extensive training's out."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 am
"I see." I said, looking over at what was once the battlefield. "Well, regardless of which, nice capture you two." I said to both him and his Nidoran. "Do each other justice, alright? Anyways, hey Aden. You interested in seeing the Ruins of Alph before we head back into Violet City?" I asked. "Who knows, it may just be a learning experience for you."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:57 am
"I'll try to after Mareep's given a chance to rest and all. Hopefully it'll listen to me a little." Aden said, recalling a certain other Electric Pokemon that was so unruly, that Sol put it into a PC box. Shipping it to Agate would be too good for that one. "But yeah, I was about to ask about that. So sure."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:39 pm
Darksol88
"I'll try to after Mareep's given a chance to rest and all. Hopefully it'll listen to me a little." Aden said, recalling a certain other Electric Pokemon that was so unruly, that Sol put it into a PC box. Shipping it to Agate would be too good for that one. "But yeah, I was about to ask about that. So sure."

"Well its just off this way then." I said as I walked off, but then stopped. "Here, Aden, release your Mareep." I said, taking off my pack then pulling out a couple of healing items for a Pokemon. "Why not get acquainted with your Pokemon on the way over there?" I asked.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games