Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
v i d e o games (why did we not have a topic on this) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm
The only fighting games I've played are MK vs DC, Soul caliber 2 and 4, and this one game for nintendo 64 that I really liked...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:09 pm
I just want to find another RGP like Okage. I love that game!  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:47 pm
OH MY GOD! MY FRIEND WAS TELLING ME ABOUT THAT GAME!

I want it really bad D=

Final Fantasy? >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:51 pm
Only played a demo of 7. Wasn't really my thing. I can't get into things that a lot of people are raving about.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Confused_Joey

Beloved Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:18 pm
The new Final Fantasy is amazing. Just thought I'd throw that out there... >.>
<.<  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm
I want it really bad D=  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

JETII

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 pm
I can't say I liked the new Final Fantasy. I tried to watch the plot, I really, really did. But after an hour of (Exaggerated, but not by too bloody much...)
"I'm a token minority! And a wuss! But I have tech knowledge, and think I know gun-fu!"
"I'm a whiny emo kid who doesn't have the guts of a rubber duck!"
"I'm a Gurren-Lagaan wannabe with an obsession over my dead-but-in-crystal fiancee!"
"I'm a generic, broody psycho who refuses to cooperate even when my MAGIC BRAND THAT CAN MAKE ME A ZOMBIE gives me a heart attack for not cooperating with people!"
...I sorta started skipping cutscenes after that last bit. Which is a shame, because knowing my luck, I'll be skipping any character development that turns them into tolerable characters. Wasn't too fond of the battle system, but I think I can see what they were going for with it...And it's playable. But, bleh. Let me tell my people what to do, for crying out loud. I did it in 7, 8, and 9, and they had ATBs, too...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:46 pm
What's the battle system like?

And who's the Gurren-Lagann wanna-be? I LOVE Gurren Lagann!  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Mr Casual2536

7,625 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:02 pm
I just finished Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside story it was epicccccccccccccc!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm
It looked weird to me. XD Mario and Luigi seem to get eaten a lot lately...  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

JETII

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm
Seriously? The people who made the Superstar Saga-Inside Story set of games had a serious vore/inflation fetish. Can't go two steps without someone getting blown up like a balloon or eaten. Fun games, but it got kinda disturbing. Loved playing as Bowser though. PUNCH OF DOOM!! ...And minion-rushes. Those were fun. xP

Also, the Gurren Lagaan wannabe in 13 is Snow. His weapon is patches for his longcoat, energetic, PUNCHES OUT SOLDIERS. Once you get classes, he's the best tanker, enduring blows with what can only be described as HOT BLOODED SPIRIT! ...Not like he has a shield or anything. O_o he goes on about being the hero...Seemed like he was going to be a cool character, if a bit annoying with his hero talk. Then his fiance (And Lightning aka broody psycho's sister) turned into crystal, and he ruined the ride by flipping out. Lightning did get hilarity points for knocking him on his butt twice in a row. Me and a friend of mine discussing it:
"Waaah! My fiance's dead!!"
*Punch* "Shut up and siddown, she was my sister, you don't see me getting all emo!"
*Starts getting up* "But-"
*PUNCH!* "Did I say you could get up!?"

Battle system is basically thus. 3 of you versus the enemy. You control the hero (For whom it's Game Over if they die...Oh hey, new pet peeve!) and you have the ATB, and HP. Nothing has a mana cost anymore. Each character (After a certain early storyline) has a class, which can be changed by shifting the party's Paradigm mid-fight. Enemy easy? Switch to a Commando/2 Ravager party and mop 'em up. Taking a beating? Switch to Synergist/Sentinel/Medic and buff and heal up while one guy endures the beating. Your set of abilities are determined by your currently active class (That is, Snow can use Froststrike and Blizzard, but only if he's a Ravager...Your characters with Cure spells can only cast them as Medics, etcetera...) You gain multiple ATB bars you can stack to chain your actions, with more powerful/multi-hitting skills costing multiple bars to execute. This allows you to, say, run up, Blitz (AOE physical attack) and then slash one person for extra damage, or simply smash one guy's face three times in a row.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 pm
D= no more taking turns?! no fun crying

I'm just gonna rebuy FF 10 and torrent 7 and 8 instead...  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Yoshies

Familiar Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:16 am
oh my..... a forum about video games. well, i love to many to count.
i love resident evil,
pokemon (though the show is getting predictable and less fun.)
final fantasy,
Kingdom hearts, Mario and Luigi superstar saga, M&L partners in time, i never played bowsers inside story so i don't know how good it is,
Infamous, Many other mario games,
and i can't remember all the other ones.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm
The Deadliest Warrior game (yes, based on the game) is AMAZING. I also love Crackdown 2 and Gears 2 (which I finally bought... took long enough)

I was amazed by gears to be honest. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, but I played the campaign so many times... was awesome.  

Wynaro

7,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

skaiano

1,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:52 pm
Recently I have started collecting anthologies for my PSP. Metal Slug anthology being the first, and namco battle museum being the second. The concept of Dig Dug is the most unintentionally brutal yet hilarious concept I've seen in a while. The goal of the game is to implant an air pump into cute little creatures and then pump air into them until they explode. There are some really awesome collections out there though, I'm probably gonna order "KOF: Orochi Saga" soon, following with Midway Arcade Treasures (for Mortal Kombat) and finally the ever so awesome Sega Genesis collection.

With that out the way, things die quite often in video games. That's because there are endless possibilities when it comes to killing. I was wondering what are some of your guys favorite video game moves/attacks?

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff