Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, why are you unafraid of dying? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess of the Coulee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:12 pm
I don't fear death per say, but more so whatever it is that I shall be reincarnated.

I am pretty laid back about the subject I suppose... i would rather get a few things accomplished before I depart but I don't want to live for too long - menopause xc  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:45 pm
I do fear it, but it is something natural.

We are here just to die, OH, THE DRAMA!

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 pm
I'm not afraid because there's no reason for me to be afraid. I believe that there is nothing after life, that you live for what you are and after that there's nothing. No happiness, no sadness, nothing. It's not even blankness. There is absolutely no reason to be afraid of nothing. (quite literally nothing) And besides, once it happens, there's no way to change it. No coming back to the dead for you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:13 pm
Dark_lord_15
I'm not afraid because there's no reason for me to be afraid. I believe that there is nothing after life, that you live for what you are and after that there's nothing. No happiness, no sadness, nothing. It's not even blankness. There is absolutely no reason to be afraid of nothing. (quite literally nothing) And besides, once it happens, there's no way to change it. No coming back to the dead for you!

Isn't the "nothing" what most people are afraid of?  

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:25 am
Because religious or not, we are all going to end up in the same place, so what really matters is what you did in this weird time frame that is spared out which you call "life".

And this time frame, born from some faulty calculation in Time, will not fade into nothingness even if we the mortals do.

Now, shouldn't we be rejoicing that time will never disappear? (No, it doesn't disappear. When you say "time flies", that probably means you wasted time)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm
KuroFur
Dark_lord_15

yes, yes it is.
And I have absolutely no idea why.
When you die, nothing happens. So why should you be afraid of having no feeling at all. You can't even tell that you're not alive. I'm not afraid because it seems pointless to be afraid of something inevitable and that I won't even feel. Or care about for that matter.

Dark_lord_15

fhbnfghnbfgbsnbg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:37 pm
Dark_lord_15
KuroFur
Dark_lord_15

yes, yes it is.
And I have absolutely no idea why.
When you die, nothing happens. So why should you be afraid of having no feeling at all. You can't even tell that you're not alive. I'm not afraid because it seems pointless to be afraid of something inevitable and that I won't even feel. Or care about for that matter.

I believe most people fear the end of their existance.
But who am I to speak for most people:
It comes down to a difference in opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:26 pm
I don't fear death cuz I'll be dead and cease to exist. I guess what I mean is that I'm not be scared becuae I won't be aware that anything bad has happened.  

KitCatbartender

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 pm
Why should I be afraid? Death is the only thing certain in life. It happens to everything, so I think the question should be more about how you will die than if you are afraid of actually dying.

When I'm dead, I probably won't even know I'm dead. My consiousness will be gone, maybe....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 am
I am not afraid of death, merely s**t-scared of oblivion.
It is something I really don't want to face and is one of the reasons I wish i could be religious and believe all the mystical nonsense they believe in about life after death.

Also why I would volunteer for getting a cyberbrain if they were to come out in my lifetime.

I don't want to die. Why would I? Life, even if it isn't always fun is something. You can't experience anything when you are dead. I just don't want that.  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

dl1371

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm
I'm not afraid of death or nothingness?
Why, I mean nothingness is pretty damn scary when you think about? Because you were in nothingness before you were born, it wasn't that bad, its not like you were in pain or anything.
I brought up this thread because the guild is pretty boring(at least for me) right now, I found this thread here  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 am
Gracchia Saint-Justine
I am not afraid of death, merely s**t-scared of oblivion.
It is something I really don't want to face and is one of the reasons I wish i could be religious and believe all the mystical nonsense they believe in about life after death.

Also why I would volunteer for getting a cyberbrain if they were to come out in my lifetime.

I don't want to die. Why would I? Life, even if it isn't always fun is something. You can't experience anything when you are dead. I just don't want that.

Ditto pretty much. It's not really the dying part or facing a terrible afterlife that scares me; it's facing nothingness.

Oh well, cyberbrains FTW.  

MiniSiets

Artto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 am
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
— Mark Twain  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 pm
It is the lack of thought that makes me fear it greatly. I stay up often until three in the morning just thinking about death, until finally I become to tired to stay awake out of dread of death. It saddens me greatly to even think about it as to where I try and put myself in a state where I can only focus on one thing so I don't wander and contemplate it. Just bringing it up around me greatly depresses me. If there were some way to extend my life even for a few moments I would take it. I feel it isn't a matter of just fear also, I want to live, I want to never stop being in this world as dark as it is. In all honesty, I would be happier believing there is a hell wehre I was tortured for eternity rather than just ceasing to exist. My friends upon hearing this said I was insane, and that being tortured is far worse than ceasing to exist, but that doesn't even compute in my mind.  

Lord Maxdom

dl1371

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 pm
Artto
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
— Mark Twain
Yep, thats pretty much my point  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas