Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
"WTF?" Weird,Confusing,Stupid,and Downright Wrong RP Moments Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Znogo

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm
"Xion right? Oh and what you said earlier about the medic I guess I could try though I've had a chance to talk to some of my scouts that had been out in the woods. Turns out she may actually be dead already."

“Dying just after she ran away? Either karma has gotten to her, or she may be trying to fool you. I believe the latter is more believable if a body wasn’t found.”

Isaac smirked at Xion's theory. It was quite possible and believable. He didn't know the exact details of her death just knew his people reported her dead. He ran his hand through his hair with one hand still on the rain. "Maybe. Still doesn't change the fact that shes not here and I don't have the men to spare to go looking for her."

My character was told about her leaving, and dying right after she ran. Hence the line. From my knowledge the form isn't a scripted rp. The form leader even said she needed to learn that problems will happen for the character, that's why she has villains. We just had a scripted event where I was given instructions on what to do, and did them without fail.

This is going to sound catty of me but if your character and someone else was elsewhere talking about how her character looks does that mean she wants you to contact her first to get the okay?

That is what it sounds like doesn't it? lol Thing is she never cares about other things, just things involving her character. We had a godmod problem, and she didn't say anything.{Guy got the powers of light and darkness, an arch demon, and necromancy. He also auto-hit.} Yet when I broke through her barrier, using an anti-magic effect, she called me out on godmod. Thing is the character it was protecting, a player controlled dragon, allowed it through and had time to dodge. Another rper also called her out on it "Don't you think you are going over board with the impenetrable shield?"

She's gone now, told most of the people in the form to screw themselves, and tried to hide it in white ink. Trust me when I say, I have a lot mote that can be said about her.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:23 pm
My moment is just another "As soon as I join and post, the entire thread freezes." Nobody has posted after me for a month.

I mean really...wtf.

Kaye Kilowatt

Aged Member

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:11 pm
Every time I make a role-play, no matter how witty or fun it is, it dies after four pages worth of material. ;=;  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm
That happens to me whenever I get moved to crew in a guild.

I must admit that my RPs have been rather drama free lately. Which means that it has been very very boring. So I get my drama from forums elsewhere and the current struggle to get Tinierme to understand that I can't get access to my account and I can't ask for my password thanks to a change in my old email account.

Really I have to say this Gaia has the best customer support. They will never give you a canned reply to your issue. I went through the same thing when I couldn't sign into my mule account and I just had to provide a few key bits of information about myself and the account and they happily fixed things for me.

Anyhow in this other game with the forum a glitch occurred that gave the players a huge advantage. Now whenever there's a glitch that creates a big advantage for the players everyone knows that you don't talk about it in the forums and milk the ever living hell out of it before it gets fixed.

It's like if on Gaia we all found a glitch that would grant you 10,000 in cash every five minutes until it's fixed and Gaia will not remove that cash once the glitch is fixed.

For some reason someone always takes it to the forum asking about it. And all hell breaks loose. The mods now know about the glitch and it gets fixed and everyone takes their ire out on this one person who swears that they didn't post it because they were being snitches but because they were curious.

I love love love when drama pops up. Such a guilty pleasure.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Lebia

Partying Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:46 pm
Yeah, When I got hacked they got back to me pretty quickly. I got my account back and everything.

Anyway, I'm probably terrible to make such a judgment because I've never created an RP, but what do Lycans have to do with a Salem Witch Hunts parallel? I had asked the RP's creator about that. She claimed it was to make the RP more interesting. I get that someone might not want to get into the aspects of damaging mob rule and paranoia that can emerge from isolationism and extreme religious fundamentalism, ("too serious"... her words, not mine) but it seems a bit lazy to not do the research and kinda inject something so nonsensical because it might be interesting. She claimed her computer was too slow to load Wikipedia. I find that hard to believe since Gaia is much more robust.

It's not like she could just let the accused witches actually have powers and create a struggle between witches and the townspeople. Or have the struggle between the witches and the local church with the townspeople getting caught in the middle. Cramming lycans in and aligning them with the already powerful witches against maybe 3 regular humans seems like overkill. All of this is over a witch hunt to occur during a blood moon.

I dunno, maybe I'm just nit-picking over something minor. It was one of many RP ideas she threw out in a single self-indulgent topic. (The vast majority of her RP ideas were quite terrible mind you.) I think usually she waited for some random to praise her idea before putting it into practice, but nobody said anything about the witch hunt RP before me, and she had the RP topic under construction. It is now up and ready to accept players and has been ready since the beginning of last week, (and it's STILL barren. I can't fathom why it's still empty!)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 pm
Wasn't the werewolf thing more of a European thing?

Not to side with you because you are my guild-mate but that is a bit of an overkill. How long before vampires are added into the mix?

Did you cut and paste sections of that wiki on the Salem Witch Hunts or hell even the script from the Crucible to help her get some research?

In all honesty the idea of the Salem hunts with the paranoia, the mob mentality, liars, church rules, and power struggles is good enough. I mean do you know how many were accused of witchcraft just so someone could get their land? How many good members of the church were adulterers, thieves and so on? One story that got to me was how one woman was accused of being a succubus because a teenage boy had a wet dream about her.

And the idea that some could actually really be people with power is great. The many different types of ways it can come about is massive, they had slaves and hell they could go the way of Twilight and say that there are some Native shapeshifters (shapeshifters and werewolves are NOT the same thing which took Meyer way too long to figure out and correct).

If done logically it could work but just throwing it in it's mind-numbing.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Bitter Ambrosia

Beloved Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:17 pm
I just joined a guild and the RPs that I'm in are classified as semi-lit/lit, but the person who made them barely writes two paragraphs. She posts a single sentence with a space in between and claims it's because of her having bad eyes. I'm nearly blind and I can read solid chunks of words fairly well. She's also rather rude. Instead of politely trying to steer people in the right direction, she blatantly yells at them. It's aggravating, but I can't really find any other RPs right now that fit my interests...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:26 pm
Bitter Ambrosia
I just joined a guild and the RPs that I'm in are classified as semi-lit/lit, but the person who made them barely writes two paragraphs. She posts a single sentence with a space in between and claims it's because of her having bad eyes. I'm nearly blind and I can read solid chunks of words fairly well. She's also rather rude. Instead of politely trying to steer people in the right direction, she blatantly yells at them. It's aggravating, but I can't really find any other RPs right now that fit my interests...

What kind of RPs are you looking for?  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Bitter Ambrosia

Beloved Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:18 pm
Lady Bern
Bitter Ambrosia

What kind of RPs are you looking for?
right now i'm on a sailor moon kick, but i do star wars and fantasy type RPs too. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:00 am
Lady Bern

Did you cut and paste sections of that wiki on the Salem Witch Hunts or hell even the script from the Crucible to help her get some research?

All I really did was give her the link to the Wiki article and a very brief description. (She missed the dates by about a century and apparently was unaware of just where Salem actually is. U.U), and a few suggestions. I now get the feeling that she must have vaguely heard of the Salem Witch Trials and thought to make a generic witch RP. It's hard to imagine anything else with how lazy she was. I mean where was the conflict going to come from? Nobody's going to want to be one of the three random townspeople and just run headlong into the jaws of a massacre.  

Lebia

Partying Rogue

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:54 pm
Bitter Ambrosia
right now i'm on a sailor moon kick, but i do star wars and fantasy type RPs too. ^_^

Hmm I've seen a great decline in Sailor Moon RPs thanks to the constant stream of mainstream animes dominating the airwaves. And sadly those things are usually the same cluster of action or some card game turned anime.

Star Wars I rarely see a decline int. I wonder if there's going to be a huge spike of it now that Disney has brought the rights to it and wants to continue the movies. I'm not afraid since they've done pretty well with Marvel but as long as they keep the facts straight and don't go the way of the prequels.

Lebia

Okay I admit that I wouldn't get the date right but really. I wouldn't say that I'm a pro when it comes to the witch hunts but with the most basic of knowledge just about anyone can get a good grasp on it.

That really is just lazy.I know that with a RP artistic liberties are taken but this is just blatant disregard for the source. Does no one else complain about the horrible inaccuracy? Seriously it would be like I made a Spongebob RP and not have it take place under the sea.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:17 pm
Lady Bern

I have liked Star Wars since before the prequels even came out. However, I do love the idea of the Sith Wars, and that's usually the type of character that I play. Sailor Moon is just freaking amazing, nuff said. >.<' If anyone here would like to RP, I'm down for it.  

Bitter Ambrosia

Beloved Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm
Bitter Ambrosia
Lady Bern

I have liked Star Wars since before the prequels even came out. However, I do love the idea of the Sith Wars, and that's usually the type of character that I play. Sailor Moon is just freaking amazing, nuff said. >.<' If anyone here would like to RP, I'm down for it.

Ditto my mom got me hooked on it many many years ago. Until Family Guy did the Star Wars episodes I didn't even realize that Vader being the father was a twist because I grew up knowing this.

Yeah the original version of Sailor Moon is awesome. Oh have you ever seen the American live action disaster?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm
Lady Bern
Bitter Ambrosia
Lady Bern

Ditto my mom got me hooked on it many many years ago. Until Family Guy did the Star Wars episodes I didn't even realize that Vader being the father was a twist because I grew up knowing this.

Yeah the original version of Sailor Moon is awesome. Oh have you ever seen the American live action disaster?

nope. I wish I could have though. it would have been interesting to see how they mutilated it.  

Bitter Ambrosia

Beloved Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 pm
Bitter Ambrosia
Lady Bern
Bitter Ambrosia
Lady Bern

nope. I wish I could have though. it would have been interesting to see how they mutilated it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODz7ankdTHw&feature=related

It never aired. But this is worthy of the WTF thread.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff