Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
"WTF?" Weird,Confusing,Stupid,and Downright Wrong RP Moments Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlimShady777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 pm
Lady Bern
That's one thing I hate about some yaoi fans/writers who doesn't experience it for themselves.

Really I don't hate it hate it. Personally I feel like there is just too much of it. But to me too many of the front-runners for yaoi like to push really young sexually active relationships. But with them pushing the young relationships it feels like they are confirming that old horrible stereotype that homosexual men are also *****. And too often it seems like a sadist domineering some weak willed bottom.

I know that all of it isn't like that. But that's the majority that I've been exposed to and it left a bad impression on me. Which is so weird because most of the homosexual relationships I've been exposed to in real life are cross dresser or really effeminate men with other effeminate men or regular guys. My mom does the make up and sometimes the hair for a lot of the Queens at the local Ibiza and they have the best pageants/shows.

I hate all yaoi but I guess that's cause I'm a guy and straight xD now yuri... biggrin lol yeah that was stupid...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:53 pm
Lady Bern
I feel for you there.

The worst is dealing with a vice captain or captain who is doing that. You argue against it and they raise hell. Such as they really don't believe that they are godmoding or metagaming. Or the 'It's my guild/rp I can do whatever I want!"

It's like talking to a brick wall.

As for the IM thing I can see how hard it is not to get angry and mean. Or get snide and condescending when you don't have the time to clearly calm down and think before you reply.

Precisely.

So I have decided to go the spiteful way around it, and just kill her character in - game. No skin off my nose.  

YummyBiscuits

Powerhouse

11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 pm
SlimShady777
Lady Bern
That's one thing I hate about some yaoi fans/writers who doesn't experience it for themselves.

Really I don't hate it hate it. Personally I feel like there is just too much of it. But to me too many of the front-runners for yaoi like to push really young sexually active relationships. But with them pushing the young relationships it feels like they are confirming that old horrible stereotype that homosexual men are also *****. And too often it seems like a sadist domineering some weak willed bottom.

I know that all of it isn't like that. But that's the majority that I've been exposed to and it left a bad impression on me. Which is so weird because most of the homosexual relationships I've been exposed to in real life are cross dresser or really effeminate men with other effeminate men or regular guys. My mom does the make up and sometimes the hair for a lot of the Queens at the local Ibiza and they have the best pageants/shows.

I hate all yaoi but I guess that's cause I'm a guy and straight xD now yuri... biggrin lol yeah that was stupid...

It's funny this should pop up today. As this was addressed in the comments of my fav webcomic 'Manly Guys doing Manly Things'.

I figured out why I hate yaoi so much and don't mind a real homosexual relationship. The majority of the yaoi I see is the fantasy that we see of straight girls ages 13 to 25. It in no way really reflects the real thing as seen here.

Click here at your own risk, it's funny but slightly NSFW.

It's not the yaoi I dislike, it's the fans and the people who create it. They make the most ridiculous pairing just because the two look good together most of the time without any real reason behind it.

I like yuri when the person knows what they are doing and not just making one girl act like a guy would and just push herself upon another. Also I don't get as much noise from the yuri fans be they male or female.

Just a little sad to me now that in all anime and manga that I see it's now impossible for two characters to share a friendly gesture and just be friends.
"Oh he hugged her while she was crying! SHIP THEM!"
"Oh he saw him naked in the shower just once. SHIP THEM!"
"Oh she was partnered up with her during the school field trip. SHIP THEM!"
"Oh they said let's always be friends, just friends. SHIP THE HELL OUT OF THEM!"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 pm
YummyBiscuits
Lady Bern
I feel for you there.

The worst is dealing with a vice captain or captain who is doing that. You argue against it and they raise hell. Such as they really don't believe that they are godmoding or metagaming. Or the 'It's my guild/rp I can do whatever I want!"

As for the IM thing I can see how hard it is not to get angry and mean. Or get snide and condescending when you don't have the time to clearly calm down and think before you reply.

Precisely.

So I have decided to go the spiteful way around it, and just kill her character in - game. No skin off my nose.

Ooh is she going to retaliate or tell you that you can't do that?  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

SlimShady777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 pm
Lady Bern
SlimShady777
Lady Bern

It's funny this should pop up today. As this was addressed in the comments of my fav webcomic 'Manly Guys doing Manly Things'.

I figured out why I hate yaoi so much and don't mind a real homosexual relationship. The majority of the yaoi I see is the fantasy that we see of straight girls ages 13 to 25. It in no way really reflects the real thing as seen here.

Click here at your own risk, it's funny but slightly NSFW.

It's not the yaoi I dislike, it's the fans and the people who create it. They make the most ridiculous pairing just because the two look good together most of the time without any real reason behind it.

I like yuri when the person knows what they are doing and not just making one girl act like a guy would and just push herself upon another. Also I don't get as much noise from the yuri fans be they male or female.

Just a little sad to me now that in all anime and manga that I see it's now impossible for two characters to share a friendly gesture and just be friends.
"Oh he hugged her while she was crying! SHIP THEM!"
"Oh he saw him naked in the shower just once. SHIP THEM!"
"Oh she was partnered up with her during the school field trip. SHIP THEM!"
"Oh they said let's always be friends, just friends. SHIP THE HELL OUT OF THEM!"

Lol you are totally right dude... but I have a confession to make lol when it comes to Naruto, I want Naruto and Hinata to get together oh so very badly lol (i dont read the manga regretably) because Sakura sucks and Hinata is awesome... oh and oh Naruto? HINATA TOLD YOU SHE LOVES ARE YOU NOT GOING TO AKNOWLEDGE THAT EVEN A LITTLE?! Lol sorry, I'm done ranting xD but yeah, it's ridiculous how much SasukexItachi (ew they're brothers) and NarutoxSasuke (they want to kill each other... nuff said) yaoi there is, it reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally annoys me lol

Oh and I have nothing wrong with homosexual relationships either, I don't wanna read about it though xD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:26 pm
I've always liked Hinata too. Really in a place with a lot of strong and confident females having someone like her around is like a breath of fresh air. I have read her in a lot of pairings which at times I enjoy for the mere fact they keep everyone in character and well explain any crack pairing.

But my favorite thing of all that they do is Naturo: knocked up Sasuke because of the fox demon's powers grant him special sperm. And NO ONE really questions it. It's just 'Oh it's because of the fox demon? Okay ^^ congratulations!"  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

SlimShady777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 pm
The fox grants him... special... sperm... *wtf ********* that doesn't even make any sense lol oh and... *points and Hinata, Temari, Anko (God I miss her lol), and Konan (heard she dies fighting Madara. Screw you Kishimoto)* is it sad these are the only female characters who I actually like *glares at useless Sakura*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:33 pm
SlimShady777
The fox grants him... special... sperm... *wtf ********* that doesn't even make any sense lol oh and... *points and Hinata, Temari, Anko (God I miss her lol), and Konan (heard she dies fighting Madara. Screw you Kishimoto)* is it sad these are the only female characters who I actually like *glares at useless Sakura*

I heard that the manga is about to end.
What more all of the free online readers can't update anymore on that story nor Bleach and a few other titles that I don't read so I don't really mind.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

SlimShady777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:54 pm
Lady Bern
SlimShady777

I heard that the manga is about to end.
What more all of the free online readers can't update anymore on that story nor Bleach and a few other titles that I don't read so I don't really mind.

Really? Wow it seems like it'll never end in the anime lol has the part when Hinata told Naruto she loved him even been brought up yet? Lol cause the more I think about that scene, the more I think Kishi must have just made it up on the spot xD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:33 pm
Lady Bern
YummyBiscuits
Lady Bern
I feel for you there.

Precisely.

Ooh is she going to retaliate or tell you that you can't do that?

Little ' Duel to the Death ' rules apply in this case. Our guild boasts the ability to kill characters off, as long as said killing is done in a fashion where it is a one - on - one, or at most, a two - on - one sort fight. It'd be a one on one fight, so, it's not like she could tell me ' Ypu can't do that. "  

YummyBiscuits

Powerhouse

11,375 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kaji of the Dark

Dapper Werewolf

7,500 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm
He drop-kicked a Dragon.
That is all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 am
Hmm, okay I got one.

I got ignored by an rper because my villain character said her's might be alive, when she was trying to be dead, and I refused to change it. Both still in the rp, but she can't see my posts, but now the form leader will have to play post tag for her.  

Znogo

Aged Noob

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 am
That seems rather complicated. What lead up to all of that or was it just that one incident?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 am
Her: btw, i read your posts of lilith to isaac. frankly, i don't appreciate you trying to convince his character that mine is still alive. i put a lot of work into making it look like she really was dead - including having her stick some of her dress under the rocks so it peeked out a bit, as well as cutting her hair and adding it so it would really look like she was buried there - and i don't appreciate someone ruining it and making it all done for nothing.

Me: But I'm evil...It's my job to do that. I'm supposed to spread doubt and chaos, and cause problems for the heroes. It also gets suspicion off of her appearing out of no where, and onto someone else. It also decreases the amount of troops, to send out a search party, meaning less to help out in-case of an attack on the rebels.Your character just happens to be in the fire this time. Next time it could be the necromancer, or the guy hitting on Alana, or even Santia. Issac doesn't seem to care for the moment anyway, and I wasn't going to continue on it.

Her: i honestly don't care what you think about it. you ruined the plans i had. you had no right to do that. if you wanted to discuss my character, and spread chaos like that, you should have consulted me first, because it's my character we're discussing here.

Which ended up we me getting fed up and telling her to suck it up, and deal with it. That you're in an rp, and plans will fail, so make new ones. And telling her to be more mature about it.

Which led to her putting in the ooc of the form that I 'm mean and lets applaud at me being a jerk. I did apologize later for the maturity comment, was a bit much, but she didn't believe me.

Before this she said my character was too strong and not realistic, in a fantasy rp, and her friends disagreed with her. Which now leads her to think I'm manipulating her fiends against her.  

Znogo

Aged Noob

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm
Was everyone in on this plan of hers or was it something that she planned out on her own and didn't tell anyone so that everyone would know what's going on.

I mean if you were doing that omnipresent sort of Godmoding where you said for sure that her character was still alive using a knowledge that your character couldn't have possessed then I could see a reason for her to be upset.

But it is a RP and unless your are collaborating with people it's hard to have a plan and carry it all out step by step how you wish. Anyone worth their salt knows that. You either roll with what you've got or you have a civil conversation about it.

This is going to sound catty of me but if your character and someone else was elsewhere talking about how her character looks does that mean she wants you to contact her first to get the okay?

From the comments she sounds a bit a**l.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff