Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 am
The Bard Picks up the Sword

-----------------------------------

Eiry watched Isi drop the phone on the ground in front of him. The reality of the situation should have hit him at the sudden phone calls, the surreal images floating in pale colors on the television set, and framed in by astounded text on the newspaper, but it didn't. It only sunk in when Isikoro, not more than a boy on the brink of adulthood, looked up at him with his soulful gray eyes, at a complete loss of what to do. Again, the Delaran family was cuffed with disaster.

Thankfully, though, it wasn't directly caused from the family, which was usually the happenstance in the first place. An illness, an anger, a mistake, from one of the direct members of the family that resulted in a storm, changing their lifestyle again for good. Their collective lives were the foundations of guilt that made the stability of the next day possible.

Today, it was Eiry's guilt that triggered his next act.

He was no hero. Eirdirsceol knew that better than anyone. He was a coward, a trickster who hid behind pranks and cleverness to make up for his lack of strength and courage. When he got hurt, he whimpered as he nursed his wound, and when he was scared, he hid underneath Rivener's arm. When he was sick, he hurt others and when he was lonely, he made sure that no one could reach him. Twisted logic, but it was the sole human element strung between his twin genetics of Nordic Yggdrasil leaf and ethereal specter of death. It was the same logic that prompted him to clear his throat, clutch his quavering heart tight between the tensing of his ribs, and speak up over the clatter of teeth and breathing that was a near comatose Delaran.

"What duty I hath not sworn before, I swear it now," he said, trying to fight the obvious quivering in his bottom lip. He hardened his brows, counteracting his display of twitching muscles. He said louder, "The Green-Eyed Lady is imprisoned in that abandoned pallid fortress, the one whom Aphismet worships so, and if it should heal him from his ague, dither I shall fly. Only my best effort will I offer to spirit her back here to Aphismet's side. I will crack Lazarus from the icy slush and rend the White Doctor from his pale tomb."

"Eiry, stop the dramatics," Isi muttered.

Eiry felt the beating drum of his heart waver, and he no longer felt the tinglings of pride that he was desperately trying to sum up. He withered before Isi, looking at him from beneath baleful brows. The boy was haggard. He looked old. He had a weary kind of slump to his figure, a deep heaving of his chest as if it were hard to labor for each breath. The strong Isi that he had always been, looked weak, a thing that Eiry had seen only few times before. It was a terrible sight, one that Eiry hoped with all his being that it would be the last. Refolding his wings awkwardly to his back, Eiry slumped to the ground, as if he were moving onto his knees if he had any.

"What shall I-" Eiry began, but Isi cut him off with a large agitated sigh. The strong, although weak, Isi was back, a much preferable sight than that of the entirely weak one.

"Eiry, I want you to go to the Lab. I want you to try and help those trapped inside," he said, "but I don't want you to be a hero."
The minty raevan furrowed his brows at him and opened his mouth to reply, before Isi stared at him with a cold glare of his stormy eyes.

"I don't want you to do something that will get you hurt," Isi took a deep steadying breath, "Frankly, I don't care for the others as much as I do you. So go in there, try to get through the ice and the walls, but don't get yourself stuck in them if you can't trust yourself to get through them."

With an echoing breath, Eiry blinked his eyes, trying his hardest to keep his composure intact. He was unbearably emotional, and when it came to personal situations like this, all he could hardly keep himself intact. He wanted to get close, hold his hands, or something, but Eiry knew that Isi would bark at him if he made the move. Eiry was a sappy poet at heart.

"You'll need snacks," Isi said. He looked away, down at his hand where the cellphone was. He picked that up too and held it out to Eiry, "And you'll also need my cellphone. Use it. And get your things ready in a bag or something. Zeke is coming soon and you'll need to do your best."

There was not much more than that, because Isi shooed him out of the room and Eiry had things to pack.

Ultimately, he had some souls to save.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 am
The Blockade

Eiry joins Zeke and Anya's efforts to storm the blockade, but what they don't know is that the blockade they're trying to pass is not the one made of police sirens and stricken people, but of ice, solid and held fast in place by magic.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 am
The End of Reign

The Aftermath of Roux's Reign
Isi worries for his family and worries for his raevan, who's feeling apathetic about his ability to help people.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 am
Home by the Sea

Aware of Eiry's sudden slump, he drags him from his daily violin practice and takes him on a ride to visit Old Maasi where he helps the elderly of the home with a song.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:53 am
Hunger

Eiry gets the itch to read more books after having exhausted his shrunken collection.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 am
Born to be a Thief

Eiry searches to satisfy his need for literature, breaking into the Durem library.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 am
Night Terrors

General idea of Isi's time spent, focus on his having nightmares again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:57 am
Strangle

Eiry is caught at the library stealing books and faces the consequences.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 am
Librarian

Isi talks to Eiry about his new job at the library.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:03 am
Another Year of the Scorpion

Rivener's birthday.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 am
Screeching Tires

Tempted to play pranks again after a long spell of holding back, the ghostly raevan pulls a fast one on Anita's speeding car and ends up colliding into her and her raevan's life.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 pm
Two Birds on a Wire

The markets hum and buzz with the the weekly market and Isi is out and abound, stretching his aching legs when he comes across an interesting and lonely elderly gentleman.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:18 pm
First Blush

Caught up in his thoughts, a poisonous bunch which remind him of his loneliness, Eiry wanders into the marsh nearby the Lab, not knowing that there is another lonely wandering soul searching for him in the first blush of the morning sky.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:26 pm
Jail-Break

With the newborn raevan he encountered under a newborn sky, Eiry returns to the Lab to guide Cesc to his guardian, an unplanned part of a frei pick up.

Storei

Storei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:42 am
Books Galore!

While Eiry's working in the library, he's startled to find Lazarus within the shelves, searching for a couple books for leisure reading. Eiry helps, while also trying to catch up with the first raevan he ever met.

--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces