Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 259 260 261 262 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rawwry rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 4, 5, 3, 9, 2, 8, 7, 10, 5 Total: 58 (10-100)

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Caitlin sat stationary on the broom stick. Her legs swayed ever so lightly. She looked around before moving again. She chewed her lip as she searched, it was really fun to fly. Caitlin easily slipped into her own thoughts as she turned on her broom to avoid interupting Raiden and Colton. She still kept an eye out for the golden ball, all at the same time, deep in thought. The first year knew the second year was already looking for the Snitch again, but it didn't matter much to her, any more, at least. Caitlin would like to be Seeker, but there was still Chaser, Keeper, and Beater left to try if she wanted to.

User Image

Lavi the Junior Bookman rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 6, 3, 6, 10, 4, 10, 9, 8 Total: 66 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 pm
User Image
User Image

Raiden Oakwood

First year // House: Gryffindor // Muggleblood

OoC: (())

Raiden nodded more confidently. Her sharp gray eyes followed the boy as the boy surprisingly glided towards her with such little caution that she was taken aback. Her guard was down when suddenly The Quidditch Captain lunged forward with a great burst of speed. Her eyes widened and she attempted to make up for her lapse in concentration with a desperate jerk of her broom to her left, which was the Captain’s right. Unfortunately she was not prepared for what he did next. The muscular boy rapidly changed directions giving Raiden only a second to spin her broom around and bolt towards the ball which was now sailing towards the goal post.

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 pm
User Image
User Image

Raiden Oakwood

First year // House: Gryffindor // Muggleblood

Once again she had found that she’d caught the ball, it was rather close this time though, she couldn’t allow herself to let her guard down again. She’d never seen anyone let up like that in soccer, but maybe there was a bit more to this game than she originally expected. It seemed more 3-D and her concentration needed to be sharper than it was.

The setting sun reflected in her eyes as they fell back onto the Quidditch Captain. It was getting late; they probably wouldn’t have time to play much longer. Raiden then proceeded to throw the ball back to him with two hands like she would have down during a throw in during a soccer game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 pm
User Image
яεgrετяσι ηστнιηg ғεαяяσι ησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηяσι εvεяyτнιηg
User Image
Colton had to laugh at himself for getting blocked twice in a row by an inexperienced first year, but then he checked himself when he realized that perhaps it wasn't his lack of skill that allowed Raiden to catch the quaffle both times.

With a more serious smile, Colton caught the ball before blowing his whistle, the squeaking sound echoing repeatedly across the field.
"Alright everyone, on the ground, please!" he called professionally, already diving towards the autumn grass himself.

With a quiet thump he landed on the ground next to Jayden, laid his broomstick next to his feet, and reached for the clipboard once more. He took note of Jayden's notes, referring to his a couple of times as well before nodding his head in confidence and flipping to a new sheet of paper that contained a partially empty roster. In a few moment's time he had the empty spaces filled in with only vaguely familiar names that he looked forward to getting accustomed to over the following year.

"Okay, listen up! I know the team roster is traditionally posted the following week after some time and thought goes in to the decision-making process, but I am more than confident in who I want on my team." Colton spoke in a quick, but clear voice, certainty in his decision radiating from him like pure energy. "As I mentioned earlier, we were looking to fill the positions of beater, keeper, and seeker. Gryffindor, your new beater and my new game partner is Hannah Palidonia!" he announced proudly, holding his clipboard beneath his arm to encourage his teammates to clap for her.

"Congratulations, Hannah," he told her, handing her both a practice jersey and game uniform, along with a set of equipment for her new position. "Now, I'd also like to welcome to our team Gryffindor's newest—and soon to be best—keeper, Raiden Oakwood! Congratulations!" He followed the same process he had with Hannah, handing the new keeper her respective equipment and shaking her hand.

"And finally, it is my pleasure to name Samuel Meridith—who has already begun to prove himself worthy of the job—as Gryffindor's new seeker! May he win us many games to come!" Along with his equipment and uniform, Colton handed the boy the same snitch he had caught earlier, and whispered, "Welcome to the team, kid."

The captain pinned the official roster onto the outside of the locker room and turned to face the group of students. "For those of you who did not make the team, I can only remind you that it doesn't mean you're not all great players. Additionally, I'd like to stress the importance of practice, and Hogwarts' flying and advanced flying classes are a great start. I encourage all of you to come back for next year's try-outs with the same optimism, and I look forward to seeing all of you in the stands at our first game of the year against Hufflepuff next week!" With a quiet sigh and a satisfied smile, Colt leaned over and began to pick up the equipment he had lugged onto the field.

"That's it for today. I expect my team here in the morning bright and early for our first practice. And, please be suited up before I get here. We've got a lot of ground to cover before our match against Hufflepuff, and I don't want to give them any reason to come out on top."

With that, Colton dropped his head back to the ground and continued to pack up all of the supplies, his hearty grin never fading as he tried to imagine how well his new team would match up against their rivals.

- - - - -

User Image

Team Captain
Colton Raines

Keeper
Raiden Oakwood

Chasers
Remy Bleiddiaid
Jayden Cloud
Daisy Gaunt

Seeker
Samuel Meridith

Beaters
Colton Raines
Hannah Palidonia

- - - - -

[[OOC: Sorry for the short try-outs! They were technically supposed to end this Monday. I really do encourage all of you to have your characters try-out again next year, especially because you never know when a member of the guild will leave or become inactive. Thanks! xD]]
User Image
нσω dσ yσu ғιgнτ α ωαя ғяσм вστн sιdεsωнεn σηℓy σηε cαη ωιη?
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Hannah shook Colton's hand as she took her new equipment in her hands. She looked at the roster and rest her name under the position of beater and smiled. Before she left she walked back over to Colton and smiled once again,"I can't wait to be on the field with you as my captain, Colton." As she said this she froze in place as her shyness started to come back again and turned to leave the field.
O.o.C:  

Character Info

Friends are: Raiden and Caitlin

Crush is: Keith

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 pm
User Image

Still shocked, Raiden shook the Captain's hand and received her new Quidditch equipment. Her face seemed to be stuck in the same expression, one that included her eyes wide and her mouth open. After he'd moved on to announce the seeker she finally came to terms with the reality of the situation. She was the team's new Keeper!

Colton, the team Captain, told them to be sure to be at practice since they had a lot to learn before their first game. She saluted him, "Yes sir!" she then broke formation and ran over to Hannah who was walking off the field. "Hannah we did it! Both of us made the team." She called over when they were out of earshot of the others.

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Hannah smiled to her friend when she ran over to her."Yeah we did, I seriously thought Cameron would get the spot," she said still in shock.
O.o.C: Dude Lavi I love you post picture. I wish I could make something like that how did you? 

Character Info

Crush is: Sean Alvern

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:54 am

Cameron Rowley
First Year: Gryffindor

User Image
If I Was Your Boyfriend..
I'd never let you go.

Before Cameron could do anything else, the captain called everyone down. He swiftly flew through the air until his feet touched the grass that coated the Quidditch pitch. When Hannah's name was called for beater, the boy's stomach sank a bit. How could she be better than me? Obviously, he was disappointed with his defeat, so he clapped stiffly a couple of times before stopping. Although when Raiden and Samuel obtained positions on the team, he clapped quicker and loosely. When everyone was dismissed, the boy quickly walked towards the school, alone.

wearing

((Exit to wherever, unless someone wants to role play
EDIT: Next post at First Floor Corridor))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:01 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

Before Hannah walked off of the field she noticed Cameron and ran over to him."Hey Cameron good job, I thought you would have been beater,"she said. It was the truth too she thought she did a horrible job, but was glad she got the spot. Hannah decided to walk back with Cameron so they could talk so she looked back at her friend."Raiden I will meet you at the common room okay,"she said and looked back Cameron with a bit of a smile. Wow Gryffindor was really opening her up because she never approached someone like she just did.
O.o.C:  

Character Info

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:00 am
User Image
User Image

Caitlin landed on the ground. Listening as the Captain spoke, she nodded to herself. It was to be expected, she was inexperienced. She would try out next year also. Caitlin sat the broom she was using down and walked over to the other Gryffindors who made the team. "Congrats, guys!" She said, with a smile. Noticing Cameron walk away, seemingly upset, she frowned lightly. Caitlin debated trying to go cheer him up, shrugging to herself, she didn't know how well it'd work, but the First Year went after her classmate to see if she could do anything.

User Image

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Lavi the Junior Bookman

Shirtless Genius

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am
User Image

OoC: ((Just a lot of messing around of Photoshop, if anyone else wants one I’d be happy to make one for you?))

Raiden nodded to Hannah and thanked Caitlin. She walked off with her new Quidditch gear in tow. She was happy that she made the team, but seeing how disappointed some of the other first years were tugged at her heartstrings. None of the others had tried out for her position, but she felt like she had taken a position away from one of them. She exited the field heading towards the Gryffindor Common room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 am
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

Second Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Twelve
✔Mood: Eager
✔Status: Single

When Colton announced that he would be the new Seeker, he whooped, then smiled and clapped for the other two who made the team. He accepted the snitch he caught and looked at the little golden ball. He frowned and sighed, feeling bad for the despondent look on Caitlin's face. He approached her and held out the snitch. "Here, I want you to have this. I got lucky, that's why I caught it. Maybe we could fly together sometime, cause you're a pretty awesome flyer."

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Caitlin turned to face the Second Year, Sam, was it? She questioned herself while he spoke. She cocked her head to the side and blinked a few times. "Uhm, thanks. You're pretty good at flying, too. Otherwise you probably wouldn't have made the team," Caitlin said with a smile, chewing her lip. Scolding herself mentally for sounding blunt. When she was handed the Snitch, Caitlin took it and inspected the ball curiously. "Thanks, it's very pretty," Caitlin smiled at him.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm
User Image
яεgrετяσι ηστнιηg ғεαяяσι ησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηяσι εvεяyτнιηg
User Image
In a similar fashion—and in possession of the same load—as he had during try-outs, Colton carried himself onto the field, a small smile forming at the edges of his lips as he realized this would be his first real practice as captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

Without making a sound, the boy lowered the equipment onto the ground and situated the barrel of used brooms in the center of the field. Once everything was in place, he finally made eye contact with his new team.
"Welcome to practice everyone. I hope you all are well-rested and prepared for a very thorough practice. We have precious little time before our match against Hufflepuff." Colton opened up the trunk of balls as he spoke. He unleashed the snitch, tossed the quaffle to Jayden, and petted the chained bludger in its fight to be unleashed.

"I would like to start with a little team bonding by having everyone introduce themselves. After you have told everyone your name, position, and what you most want to accomplish throughout this quidditch season in regards to your respective position, go ahead and grab a broom, but stay on the ground until everyone has finished. Once we are all acquainted, I'll give you two minutes to warm up with a few quick laps around the pitch, and then I'd like to jump directly into a scrimmage game to ensure that we can all work as a team," he instructed loudly, making sure to speak loud enough so that everyone could hear.

With a small nod of his head, Colt took a step back and properly introduced himself.
"I'm Colton Raines, Gryffindor quidditch captain and beater, and my goal for this season is to ensure that none of my teammates are injured by a bludger—which means I'll need all of my players not to be afraid to call for help if they find themselves in need." As he finished, the captain reached down for his broom and leaned on the handle. "Alright, next?" he called, allowing anyone who wanted to speak up to do so in hopes of getting the introductions rolling.

[[OOC: This practice will run through Friday (8/24) as "one" practice. Their first game is this Saturday (8/25), which we'll pretend is the "next day" after this practice, for RP purposes.]]
User Image
нσω dσ yσu ғιgнτ α ωαя ғяσм вστн sιdεsωнεn σηℓy σηε cαη ωιη?
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:50 pm
User Image
First Year

Hannah quickly ran onto the field as the captain started to talk. She was barely on time, but she wasn't late. She was in her gear already and quickly picked up a beaters bat and the same broom she used in practice and class. She already had a bit of a bond with the old broom and she already called it Broomy for some reason. As she listened to her captain speak she smiled as he explained hisself to everyone. Hannah then stood forward and smiled,"My name is Hannah Palidonia, first year Gryffindor Beater. My goal for this year is too keep everyone on my team safe and to make a life-long bond with my teammates,"she said this with a big smile on her face. She was so excited that she got on the team as the position that she wanted anyways.
O.o.C:  

Character Info

User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 259 260 261 262 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games