Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saving Christianity from Christians

Back to Guilds

a Guild for teh eBil liberals 

Tags: Liberal, Christian, Exegesis, Study 

Reply Main Forum
Guild Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:33 am
Militant Christian
Ravynne Sidhe
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

Try -xXCitation NeededxX- or something like that.

And why the hell is your avi fully green, Mili?

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
I may, I just don't like having to put in too many extra characters.

And it's been green since the St. Patrick's Day event.

Anyone else find it interesting that I can spark three pages of debate on what I meant in a one-paragraph post?

Link me? surprised

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:39 am
Ravynne Sidhe
Militant Christian
Ravynne Sidhe

Oh I see.

And, dammit, it's breaking the name now >.<  

Contralto in a Corset
Vice Captain

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:40 am
X - Citation Needed - X
Ravynne Sidhe
Militant Christian
Ravynne Sidhe

Oh I see.

The passing days drew us closer
The pain is matched with joy.
Both hands reflect that
I cry when I think of you.

Both hands reflect that

Try it without spaces?

Yorisotta sugi shi hi wa
Itami wo yorokobi ai
Ryoute ni utsushi dasu
Anata wo omoi naite iru

Yorisotta sugi shi hi wa
Itami wo yorokobi ai
Ryoute ni utsushi dasu
Anata wo omoi naite iru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:50 am
X - Citation Needed - X

That is just your zoom on your computer, zoom out a couple times(it makes everything smaller but not by much each time) and it should fix it  

Southern Cross Nemesis

Contralto in a Corset
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Try it without spaces?
Too close to Citation Needed. I'm going to have to play around with symbols and see what I come up with.

And link, sorry. Herald of War really doesn't like me...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:20 pm
X - Citation Needed - X
Ravynne Sidhe
Try it without spaces?
Too close to Citation Needed. I'm going to have to play around with symbols and see what I come up with.

And link, sorry. Herald of War really doesn't like me...
Both hands reflect that

I don't like him ._. er her..

Yorisotta sugi shi hi wa
Itami wo yorokobi ai
Ryoute ni utsushi dasu
Anata wo omoi naite iru

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:05 am
I've just been made lead pastor of Alpha & Omega Christian Gnostic Church. I'm honored, flattered, and scared.

I am scared mainly because I know that the lead pastor of the Church, James, thinks he's not going to be here much longer. He's been like father to me and while he's still going to be participating, it's going to be in the back of my mind that there may be a day that he won't be there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 pm
Wow, I've been gone awhile!

Hi...

Rob, that sounds like a valid fear, and I hope it isn't realized for a very long time. I think you will do wonderfully, and I am sure your mentor won't let you fall on your face.

I myself, have had several changes as well. I am now 40 pounds lighter than when I last posted here. I have completely flip-flopped my way of living and continue to make changes, but I was really starting to miss conversations with others of like mind. It's so much harder to find them in RL, so I find myself back here. LOL  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:30 am
I am praying for forgiveness and I hope you all can forgive me too. I had to put my dog, Fathom, down today. He was my baby boy. He was suffering from stones in his bladder and the surgury was not only too expensive but there was a big chance the stones would have come back even after surgery due to his genetics. I feel like a hypocrite. I always encourage people to have hope and stand by those that are suffering yet I feel like I took the easy way out. Instead of caring for him, I had my baby boy put down. I feel so horrible and disgusting. I can't believe that I went through with it. I was there for the whole procedure and he went peacefully but it is still so unreal. It feels like a nightmare but one I'm not going to wake up from. I know I made the most logical choice based on my circumstances but yet I feel like a murderer. T-T please keep me in your prayers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:32 am
Eltanin Sadachbia
Wow, I've been gone awhile!

Hi...

Rob, that sounds like a valid fear, and I hope it isn't realized for a very long time. I think you will do wonderfully, and I am sure your mentor won't let you fall on your face.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
I myself, have had several changes as well. I am now 40 pounds lighter than when I last posted here. I have completely flip-flopped my way of living and continue to make changes, but I was really starting to miss conversations with others of like mind. It's so much harder to find them in RL, so I find myself back here. LOL
Congrats. Well we are glad to have you here and participating in our discussions. You provide such great insight and it is very welcome here. Thank you.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:02 am
rmcdra
I am praying for forgiveness and I hope you all can forgive me too. I had to put my dog, Fathom, down today. He was my baby boy. He was suffering from stones in his bladder and the surgury was not only too expensive but there was a big chance the stones would have come back even after surgery due to his genetics. I feel like a hypocrite. I always encourage people to have hope and stand by those that are suffering yet I feel like I took the easy way out. Instead of caring for him, I had my baby boy put down. I feel so horrible and disgusting. I can't believe that I went through with it. I was there for the whole procedure and he went peacefully but it is still so unreal. It feels like a nightmare but one I'm not going to wake up from. I know I made the most logical choice based on my circumstances but yet I feel like a murderer. T-T please keep me in your prayers.

Oh hun...

It's hard when we have pets that become part of the family, because they almost always go before us, and we get to feel the acute loss of our loved one almost as if it was a brother or sister.

The thing that comforts me when faced with this situation is, our pets, if they had been left to nature as wild creatures never would have made it as long. They have been given an extended chance of life with us. The people who have pets and feel awful when they leave usually have given their pet a wonderful and happy life. Something that most animals never have. Most animal's live their last days in pain with no way out,but much suffering. You spared your baby boy that.

This is really my harsh realization, and it might sound really callous. One of my dearest furry friends helped me see it though, and it applies to life though... Grieving for those lost is really a selfish act, yet, it is a necessity. We are not really grieving for the sake of the subject of our loss, we are doing it for ourselves and the fact that we have lost. We cannot possibly help our loved one any further. This realization has helped me learn to move on with my life after such loss.

Your baby would not want to see you sad, he would try to comfort you, and make you happy once more. I don't believe there is anything that needs forgiving. I hope you can cherish the fond memories of your dear friend, and not spend so long dwelling on what you feel you could or should have done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:28 am
Eltanin Sadachbia

Oh hun...

It's hard when we have pets that become part of the family, because they almost always go before us, and we get to feel the acute loss of our loved one almost as if it was a brother or sister.
Yeah I've had him since he was a pup and he moved up to IL from Louisiana with us.

Quote:
The thing that comforts me when faced with this situation is, our pets, if they had been left to nature as wild creatures never would have made it as long. They have been given an extended chance of life with us. The people who have pets and feel awful when they leave usually have given their pet a wonderful and happy life. Something that most animals never have. Most animal's live their last days in pain with no way out,but much suffering. You spared your baby boy that.
That actually helps.

Quote:
This is really my harsh realization, and it might sound really callous. One of my dearest furry friends helped me see it though, and it applies to life though... Grieving for those lost is really a selfish act, yet, it is a necessity. We are not really grieving for the sake of the subject of our loss, we are doing it for ourselves and the fact that we have lost. We cannot possibly help our loved one any further. This realization has helped me learn to move on with my life after such loss.
Yes and no. I feel like I cheated him out of a slim chance that could have worked and out of a longer life. He was only 3~4 years old. I also feel regret because I didn't even try that slim chance option that was available.

Quote:
Your baby would not want to see you sad, he would try to comfort you, and make you happy once more. I don't believe there is anything that needs forgiving. I hope you can cherish the fond memories of your dear friend, and not spend so long dwelling on what you feel you could or should have done.
Yeah you're right. I guess the reason why I feel so sad is that feel like a hypocrite. I am someone that would oppose someone pulling the plug but yet here I was pulling the plug. I am having trouble reconciling this. The easiest solution I know is accepting that sometimes it's acceptable to pull the plug but it's not an easy pill to swallow for me. I am asking for forgiveness because I feel guilt and I want this guilt feeling to go away.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:26 am
Well Rob. You didn't do it because you didn't love him. What would have happened when his stone came back? He was only 3 or 4 when he got these stones, so it is almost guaranteed that they would have been back. The way I see it is, he didn't have to suffer that pain while you tried to pull the resources together to have his surgery, and he didn't have to feel the next time it happened either.

Pulling the plug isn't always a bad thing. I think you weighed your options and made the best decision that was in the interest of you and your dog. It doesn't make you a hypocrite in my opinion... maybe someone a bit more world-wise... your feelings on how you view yourself through this decision are still a bit self centered... but at least it shows that you didn't make your decision lightly.

Most people that are considered hypocrites were really just naive before they were faced with a decision that they had previously had a strong stance about. Once they learn that their stance is to rigid when the issue is so flexible, their brittle opinion is shattered, and they must make the harder decision they previously felt would be impossible to make. Most people have been there before, but for some reason, it is still the in thing for people to hold others accountable for their ignorance before experience.

I don't think you should have to worry here about what others would judge you for. I think right now you should focus on forgiving yourself. You are not the one who instigated your loss, you did what was best for your pup and yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:52 am
Eltanin Sadachbia
Well Rob. You didn't do it because you didn't love him. What would have happened when his stone came back? He was only 3 or 4 when he got these stones, so it is almost guaranteed that they would have been back. The way I see it is, he didn't have to suffer that pain while you tried to pull the resources together to have his surgery, and he didn't have to feel the next time it happened either.

Pulling the plug isn't always a bad thing. I think you weighed your options and made the best decision that was in the interest of you and your dog. It doesn't make you a hypocrite in my opinion... maybe someone a bit more world-wise... your feelings on how you view yourself through this decision are still a bit self centered... but at least it shows that you didn't make your decision lightly.

Most people that are considered hypocrites were really just naive before they were faced with a decision that they had previously had a strong stance about. Once they learn that their stance is to rigid when the issue is so flexible, their brittle opinion is shattered, and they must make the harder decision they previously felt would be impossible to make. Most people have been there before, but for some reason, it is still the in thing for people to hold others accountable for their ignorance before experience.

I don't think you should have to worry here about what others would judge you for. I think right now you should focus on forgiving yourself. You are not the one who instigated your loss, you did what was best for your pup and yourself.
Thank you crying  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm
finally got some sleep and I must say I'm feeling much better.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games