Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

"Wouldn't the X-Men be all for taking him out if they had the chance? The guy is going around killing homo-superiors after all. Heck one could point out that humans could get caught in the crossfire. Plus he's kind of making our kind look bad in some respect. Kinda dampening the whole we could all live together thing and don't we technically need only Amp? He could cancel his power on sight.. Just tossing it all out there…"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 pm
Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image
"Oh, I don't know if the X-men would approve with what we would want to do with him after we got our hands on him," Warp said. "The X-men are more about peacefully finding a solution to a problem-killing someone isn't exactly a peaceful measure. Besides, I'm more concerned with my sister's willingness in the scenario. Amp did technically stalk her half way across the globe. And, he's not the type of guy she'd be interested in at all. Besides, I'm pretty sure there's someone else among the X-men who she has wrapped around her finger-or very close to it."

"And, the problem with using just Amp is while he could in theory cancel the Reaper's power it would be a question of who is faster at disabling each other's power. Two homo-superiors who can cancel powers it's like an old Western duel-first shot wins every time," Warp said. "And, say Amp is able to cancel all of the Reaper's powers, his ability does have a time limit and requires probably a fair deal of focus. That leaves him in not such a great advantage to strike. Have Cassie there she can essentially order the guy to slit his own throat or I suppose the more peaceful option to never use his power again with a few simple words."

"Big brother is willing to risk his sister like that?" Blink said with curiosity. "And, more importantly, what happens if the guy gets a hold of your sister's power, too? Did you think about that, Warp?"

"You got any other idea that'll have a higher probability of working?" Warp answered irritated.

"Not really... so Shadow you were saying just using Amp, right? How are we going to convince him to bail on the X-men and work with us? And what is the follow-up you propose?" Blink answered before jumping to question Shadow Walker's idea.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:48 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

"I have this idea, that may work. I guess it would be to lure Amp here mainly…. I don't know if it will work… regardless here goes…

Let's say Warp wants to make an example of me televised. I'm in a cage with a collar around my neck. Amp would feel terrible despite Cassie's hold, that he blames himself for the predicament I'm in. To get rid of this terrible feeling he would come to try to rescue me." She sighed a little and looked down, "that's when we nab him… and I put the collar around his neck. In the process my parents will be trying to figure out what to do about me since they'd see I'm no longer 'dead'.

I know you think it won't work because you think he's selfish. But, he did express more concern than Blink did when I was trying to figure out my teleporting ability. Also, he had admitted to me that he really wish he didn't have to fight against me." She had to stop herself before she became find of him again,"I'm …sorry … forget it… it was just some silly idea…"

mc2

Nova Blancke

ProphecyDestroyer

MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 pm
Alexander William Diaz
a.k.a. Warp

User Image
"One small problem," Warp said, sitting down on his coffee table, "Amp isn't that stupid. The other X-men might be, but he's not. He knows how Genosha works. We don't make public examples of our own people like that. Did you read the brochure? This is Utopia, no crime, no hate, everyone gets along... We would have no reason to imprison one of our own people and we definitely wouldn't use a mutant collar on one of our own people. Officially we don't even have such horrible things on the island. For classified researchers, we do just so we better understand how to beat them and render them useless. Unofficially and truthfully... well you fill in whatever you please."

"If we were going to actually punish you, you'd either be banished from the island or we'd figure out some kind of confinement or other punishment," Warp answered. "He would have to find out about it in a way where it would appear behind my back with the plausibility of someone actually thinking he has lost all sense of his old morality when he began his obsession with my sister. And furthermore there is the whole problem, it isn't like he could steal the X-men's jet or something to get here. They do have a psychic at the mansion and he is ex-Brotherhood, he'll have a fairly close watch on him, regardless of how generous they may be in tolerating him there."

"We could use you," Blink said, crossing her arms and staring at Warp. "Cassie would feel obliged to help you out and could probably con Amp along for the ride... or your parents. I mean didn't you tell them you would kill them if they ever endangered Cassie-you never got around to that. Homo-sapien hostages that would work just as well if not better. It isn't exactly a secret you don't like your parents."

"None of this matters though since we don't know where the Black Reaper is," Warp answered. "And I half forgot I was planning on killing my parents, thank-you for the reminder on that. I think we're stuck waiting on the MRD to move on this one, as much as I hate to admit it. Besides, MRD event, the X-men will know we will show up so some of them are bound to crash just in case we... I don't know... decide to set off a bomb or something."

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:28 pm
User Image
Sebastian Arkain
Physik

Sebastian smiled at Cassie. "Let's go then." he said, grabbing some of the picnic stuff and gesturing out the door. They were headed for the tree out back.

Jason Richter nodded. 3... 2... 1... he counted down in his head. He looked at the camera. "Hello. My name is Jason Richter. I am the current Head of the Mutant Response Division. In the recent weeks, events have occurred that have caused some major changes to our organization. But we will not be deterred! The MRD is now more determined than ever to help solve the mutant problem. To show our tenacity, we have organized a benefit party! Among the invited are some big names in the media, as well as other supporters of the cause. In fact, I am extending a hand of invitation to those mutant factions throughout the world that are most prominent. Including the leaders of the island of Genosha. It's time we start reaching out to our friends in need, instead of isolating them on an island."
Behind him, Hypnos had slipped into the picture and had weaved into the TV broadcast a message that would echo into the mind any homosuprior that watched the announcement. "Come out of the shadows. You know who you are. This is your invitation."

Inventory:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:50 pm
Cassandra Song Diaz
but you can call me Love or Heartbreaker

User Image

"Sure," Cassie said, grabbing the water bottles and following Sebastian to the tree out back. Once they got there she set what was in her hands down, and turned leaning against the tree. Her arms crossed and her green eyes narrowed at Sebastian she said bluntly, "As much as I hate to ruin a decent meal with formalities, I figure it is best to get them out of the way first. You said you made up your mind about what I said this morning... what was it that you came up with?"

She sighed and said, "I, of course, have my hypothesis at this point but you aren't a particularly easy person to read-which is saying something since learning to read people is something I tend to pride myself on being able to do-it is useful considering my power."

Location: Sebastian's Classroom/Heading to the Kitchen/At the Kitchen
Wearing: Completing my outfit with cowboy boots

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm
User Image
My name is Blink
though once upon a time I was called Aimee Perry

{Location: Warp's Apartment}

Just as Warp finished making his assessment, Blink's phone buzzed and the quiet radio in the background interrupted with, "We interupt this broadcast to bring a special announcement..."

"Speak of the devils themselves," Blink muttered watching the screen on her phone as she turned up the volume to play the broadcast on the iPhone. She held out the phone for Warp and Shadow Walker to see the broadcast though it was turned up enough as Jason Richter's voice played in sync with the radio in the background.

She dropped the phone her face white as Hypnos slipped into the background and she took a step back as she heard the taunting words in the back of her head. Warp looked annoyed but didn't show any reaction beyond that. "They have a telepath who can send messages through video?" She hissed, her face still white.

"Apparently," Warp said coldly. "Interesting trick, I suppose."

"It's obviously a trap," She said, annoyed.

"Of course," Warp said. "It's not like I can stroll in there-I'm too recognizable. But you could go. You have the best chance of getting out if it goes bad. And you're good at parties-you dress up so nicely. You can take a less noticeable face, with you." Warp shook Force who was still sleeping on the couch and said, "Oye, Force, you want to get dressed up and crash an MRD event for me? We got an invitation from Jason Ritcher himself. And your friend Hypnos was there also extending his own invitation."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:02 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

His sleep was dreamless. That was new for a change. He never needed a lot of sleep but usually they are filled with random dreams.So it's not like anything was interrupted when Warp woke him.Force was just glad he didn't lash out out of habit. The MRD guards tended to attack when you slept. It was funny though, he didn't dream but still heard Hypnos. Though for him that was normal.

"Huh? Whazda?" It took him a second to process what he said."Right.....back to MRD..."he mumbled." Invitation? For wha? Yeah okay, party. Guess this is what Hypnos meant. Out of the shadows huh? I take it I'm not going alone" He yawned not partically phased by Hypnos." Speaking of which, can we get Shadow here as back up in the shadows? Don't trust that guy one bit."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:38 am
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

Catherine looked up as the radio was interrupted with an announcement from the MRD. She narrowed her eyes at the part they mentioned that the people of Genosha were "friends in need". Don't they understand? We came out here, stayed out here to stay away from the crap they're trying to pull?... This may work for the humans but he's not fooling any homo- She flinched as she got the message. Come out of the shadows?... Was this directed to me? she rubbed her head and found that she wasn't the only one to have gotten the message. She felt a little relieved.

She payed attention as they discussed this invitation from the MRD and Hypnos. Warp had a point, but would this go for her as well? Odds are her parents might be at this swaray, and considering that they've been using her image as a martyr it would cause some confusion and disappointment. Would this be the time to do it? The time to reveal herself to the rest of the world and her parents?

Her thoughts were interrupted as Force suggested that she should join them. "Just from the shadows right? I'm afraid I may have a similar issue as Warp... especially considering how my parents are trying to sell me off as a martyr... "

"Heh... I can imagine some of them inquiring,'Aren't you Miss Catherine Smithe? Aren't you supposed to be dead? What's with the purple hair? Don't tell me you're one of them are you?' "

mc2

Nova Blancke

ProphecyDestroyer

MC MagicianOfBlackChaos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:57 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

Force gave a small laugh." Yeah that would be fun to see but it would be best to literally stay in the shadows. You'd be our back-up exit in case things go FUBAR. I mean a place like that...with X-men, Brotherhood, MRD and who knows how many other smaller factions of our kind there are....it's like an all you can eat buffet for the Black Reaper. I assume he takes powers by skin contact, so I'm just gonna wear some gloves. So I think it's best you look out for anything suspicious. I don't think the X-men are going to be a problem this time around. Too much of an opportunity to promote peace n s**t."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:34 am
User Image
My name is Blink

"That may be true for the X-men in general, but there is the fact that two of the X-men aren't exactly who I would vote for selfless hero awards," Warp answered. "And, don't forget Emma Frost was once upon a time at odds with the X-men. Blink you're our best bet to intermingle with the crowd and you also can teleport yourself and several other things you aren't touching at once so..."

"And, wear a wig and I can blend in with the homo-sapien crowd fairly easily," She sighed. "I assume I'm sticking to brunette or black?"

Warp nodded, "It looks more 'natural', regardless of the fact you were originally blonde."

"Because everyone forgets I'm only half Japanese," She muttered rolling her eyes and holding up a hand to silence Warp. Glancing over at Force she added, "And regardless of intent a lot of things can still go wrong-for everyone there. You may or may not be recognizable, Force, but I don't really see how you can easily cover up the fact you are homo-superior, too by the way."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Hair I can dye but the eyes would be a bigger problem. But.... why would I hide it? We are invited. We would be representatives of Genosha. That's how I see it. I don't see why I'd have to hide who I am on a event that invited all parties." Force replied.

"Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they had detectors. So even if we managed to change appearance....genetics don't lie. Hypnos will be there as well. Pretty sure of it. Or near the place anyway, working with the MRD or on his own." He paused a bit." I'm not going to change myself for their comfort."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 am
User Image
My name is Blink

"The whole thing screams 'trap'. You are putting a bunch of homo-superiors with differing views and MRD supporters and perhaps some homo-sapiens on the fence essentially in a tin can together and then shaking it up and seeing what happens. And the whole thing is hosted by the MRD, yeah, I'm not about to sign up for standing out in that mess," She said, arms crossed.

"Besides it isn't like I'm that keen to hide what I am. Hell, I stood out before I got pink hair and things like my powers," Blink said, "it wasn't exactly great to stand out regardless of what it is. Hell, take Warp, he skips a few grades and gets perfect scores and automatically becomes his classmate's punching bag-"

"Really, Blink? I swear I'm never drinking with you again," Warp muttered under his breath.

"I'm just saying people don't tend to have a good opinion of those who stand out-even when it comes to something they haven't designed an entire organization to hunt down," Blink said. "Honestly, I would be more than happy to live on this little island and not be bothered and not worry about what the Hell is going on with the rest of the world. Unfortunately, that isn't how things work. And the MRD has always been one hair trigger from turning on this paradise where I don't have to worry about hiding who or what I am."

"Technically, lying about your age sort of negates the whole not hiding who you are, but more or less she does have a point about it being advantageous to at least appear to blend in better," Warp said, "but we've got Blink to intermingle and look 'human'. You can be Genosha's representative, Force. I'm pretty sure if I showed up there I would be shot on sight. And considering we probably will have two people there who can negate powers from a distance, I think I'll pass on that possibly getting shot thing. I can stay with Shadow Walker in the shadows or something. I trust you Force to act for me on behalf of Magneto. And, you have absolutely no reason to hide you're a homo-superior either."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Thanks. I suppose I should find something good to wear. I take it, it's somewhat of a formal party so a suit would do. I gotta look at least as good as my date. Without the whole dress thing." Force said.

"s**t, I should probably check out my apartment. Probably dusty as hell by now. Did they mention when the party is taking place?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

ProphecyDestroyer

Distinct Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:10 pm
User Image
Sebastian Arkain
Physik

Sebastian had placed the picnic supplies down on the ground next to other items. He looked out over the hill, looking at the trees. He turned and looked at Cassie. "A hypothesis, you say?" he said nonchalantly. "I wonder what it was." he railed off rhetorically. After a few moments of silence he spoke. "I decided that I am in fact interested in pursuing a relationship with you." he turned to face her. He shrugged. "Or were you able to read that." he laughed lightly.

Jason Richter made his way downstairs with two guards. They made their way down into the cell that held one of their more useful mutants. Fenrir was chained up in the center, as usual. Jason walked up to him and leaned in. "Wake up, Fenrir. You have a job to do." Fenrir opened his eyes and smelled the air. He would begin his work soon.

Inventory:

OOC: Sorry guys I forgot to put that the party will take place at the Grand Lotus Hotel in Los Angeles, California. I don't know if that's a real place but it is for this RP.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games