Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:32 am
I hadn't thought of that actually- it's clever, if we can do it when breaking camp. Wouldn't help us much while we're moving.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm
The Hiruma are basically there to make sure you don't get jumped and don't get lost. They are providing for themselves and themselves only. If you WANT their help, you'll have to talk them into it.

Also, you can do the trapmaking for food afterwards, though I should remind everyone that almost all Rokugani (anyone who's not in the Unicorn Clan) generally deter from eating red meat. It's very taboo, and Rokugani believe that doing so will cause a person to start emitting a horrid bodily odor if they do so.

Mind you, you can go, (╯°□°)╯︵ ¡uoıʇıpɐɹʇ and do it anyways! There will be honor loss attached to it though.

Also, I might want to bring up Fasting as an option. Using 4th edition as a reference:

After the first day of fasting, you lose the ability to regain void points (for this event, I will actually cost you 1 void point a day). On the 2nd day, you start taking +5 TN penalties to all your rolls, going up +5 per day. After a number of days equal to your Stamina, you suffer 2k1 (keep the highest) wounds a day until you get food or you die.

Anyone not eating will suffer these penalties. A successful Void/Meditation (Fasting) roll vs TN 10 will ignore the effects for a day, but the TN of this roll goes up by 5 for each day after the first. You can make this roll in addition to your normal roll for the day.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:20 pm
So ideally for travelling, if you feel you can beat that TN 10, eat one day, fast the next, then eat, then fast- meditation included.

Also, going to post a summary of it all once Kagae's roll is up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:58 pm
Made the Lore raise bonus require 2 instead of 3.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:05 am
Question: Would Masuyo's herbalism work like Hunting for gathering food or is hunting taking into consideration seven trillion other little things as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:09 am
Heading to classes so I'll post when we're back sometime. Do you want Kagae to lead today or do you want to wait hoping he'll heal that penalty off?  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 am
Plainsfox
Question: Would Masuyo's herbalism work like Hunting for gathering food or is hunting taking into consideration seven trillion other little things as well?

No, Herbalism doesn't count like Hunting in that regard.

At least, as long as you don't consider popping pills as a form of sustenance. In which case, get off Gaia and go to the hospital and get your stomach pumped.

I don't know what the second question means, so I'll simply respond with "Yes".  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm
A little seasoning never hurts.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:37 pm
...I'm not sure if that's a "Yes" or a "No, I'll wait" @___@  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 pm
Psychofish
...I'm not sure if that's a "Yes" or a "No, I'll wait" @___@

I do not wish to lead with a status infliction.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 pm
So, in my head, it's looking like this:

We need to cover 61 more miles. That's 4 days of food minimum. Which we ought to be capable of covering in 3 days or 4. I personally think that 3 days travel and 4 days food sounds best if we want to maximize our rates here, unless we don't care especially much about the food, in which case we can press on to go faster (for decreased gains on the food, since the first 20 miles is one day and after that it's only 10 miles per day of food).

4 days looks like our minimum for food.

2 days looks like our minimum for travel.

So it depends on our priorities.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:52 pm
My gut tells me "Fastest" works best here. Still, We should probably take today at a slower pace to give Kagae a chance to get better.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:05 am
Wait who's leading then...  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am
Looks like Masuyo for today.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games