Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 pm
So, unless Kagae's Battle is applicable (as none of his other skills seem to be to me) and we can have him roll 8k4 vs 25, I think our best shot is to have Denbe act as the leader for this one with a 5k4 vs TN 20 for Hunting? I could put a void into it to be extra sure I make it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm
Psychofish
So, unless Kagae's Battle is applicable (as none of his other skills seem to be to me) and we can have him roll 8k4 vs 25, I think our best shot is to have Denbe act as the leader for this one with a 5k4 vs TN 20 for Hunting? I could put a void into it to be extra sure I make it.

Battle is not applicable.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 pm
I'm more worried about supplies, I think.

Denbe leads, Kojiro works on supplies. He could cover two people while Miyako and Kojiro burn through the supplies they've gotten from the Crab. Further, if we choose to burn our supplies until we need to make those rolls, Kojiro can help speed things up.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 pm
Well, Kagae's three shades of useless for these rolls.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm
Well, Kagae has high perception. He can probably fend for himself for food. Probably.

Hrrm....Kagae is the only one without at least a week's worth of rations. Kojiro is willing to share his rations in the name of duty. We could spend the first week or so finding our way there.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:50 am
We also have Hiruma with us. Assuming that they each have at least 2 ranks hunting, we should be pretty fine for as long as they're with us since they'll at least effectively double our rations. None of US are trained in survival, but at least Miyako's the only one without either Perception 3 or ranks in hunting, so we might be able to do okay there too.

With that, suppose I'll post as soon as I figure out if I'm putting void into this or not.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 am
Ideally, the best start for us would be to have Kagae act as a leader for the first two turns and blow his void points there. With Denbe and Kojiro contributing on Survival rolls, we're looking at a 2k0 addition potentially to that.

Kagae could toss 7k4 for the first two days which would get us 56 miles with Kojiro and Denbe's Hunting rolls if I"m reading the rules right. a little further if Miyako and Masuyo pick the right roll. Masuyo tosses 4k3 on Stamina/Athletics.

After the first two days, we could switch to Denbe as leader or alternate between him and Kojiro. Kojiro rolls 5k3 to hunting while Denbe rolls 5k4. I guess Kojiro might be the better provider, should it come to that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:54 am
Definitely provider- your hunting rolls are going to be 1k0 over mine, and my leading roll will be 0k1 over yours.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am
I only have 1 void point. (One reason why I wanted to stay the night.)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:23 am
If you think you can make one of those TN25s with a void then take the first night. I can take it up after that.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:19 am
Psychofish
If you think you can make one of those TN25s with a void then take the first night. I can take it up after that.

Re read I have two void. I don't get where Plainsfox is getting the 7k4 from.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 am
What we have is best odds against worst TN each with a void spent...

Masuyo with 5k4 against 15
Denbe with 6k5 against 20
Kojiro with 6k4 against 20
Kagae with 5k4 against 25

Best odds are to go against middle difficulty, which would mean Denbe or Kojiro with the the other three assisting, at least in my opinion. Denbe gets to keep more so that'd probably be better.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:28 am
Tei Kae
What we have is best odds against worst TN each with a void spent...

Masuyo with 5k4 against 15
Denbe with 6k5 against 20
Kojiro with 6k4 against 20
Kagae with 5k4 against 25

Best odds are to go against middle difficulty, which would mean Denbe or Kojiro with the the other three assisting, at least in my opinion. Denbe gets to keep more so that'd probably be better.

Where are you all getting these numbers from!?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:48 am
Well, looking at what everyone is best suited to roll?

Masuyo has 1 athletics and 3 stamina. 4k3. Therefore with a void for +1k1 she can roll 5k4 as much as twice. TN would be 15.

Denbe has 4 agility and 1 hunting, so 5k4. With a void he can roll 6k5 as much as twice. TN 20.

Kojiro has 2 hunting and 3 agaility, so 5k3. With a void he can roll 6k4 as much as twice. TN 20.

Kagae has 4 int so with a void spent to gain a rank in the appropriate lore skill he could roll 5k4 as much as he has void against that 25. Unless you feel he'd be better suited for one of the other options.

Fairly simple deduction.

Supply wise, Kagae and Masuyo can roll 3k3 without any void, but won't provide food for anyone unless they spend a void to count as having 1 rank in it for the roll. Kojiro would roll 4k2 without void on that hunting check, and be able to provide for 2 people if he passed. Denbe would be rolling 3k2 and providing for 1 if he passed that foraging check without void spent.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:15 am
Psychofish
Well, looking at what everyone is best suited to roll?

Masuyo has 1 athletics and 3 stamina. 4k3. Therefore with a void for +1k1 she can roll 5k4 as much as twice. TN would be 15.

Denbe has 4 agility and 1 hunting, so 5k4. With a void he can roll 6k5 as much as twice. TN 20.

Kojiro has 2 hunting and 3 agaility, so 5k3. With a void he can roll 6k4 as much as twice. TN 20.

Kagae has 4 int so with a void spent to gain a rank in the appropriate lore skill he could roll 5k4 as much as he has void against that 25. Unless you feel he'd be better suited for one of the other options.

Fairly simple deduction.

Supply wise, Kagae and Masuyo can roll 3k3 without any void, but won't provide food for anyone unless they spend a void to count as having 1 rank in it for the roll. Kojiro would roll 4k2 without void on that hunting check, and be able to provide for 2 people if he passed. Denbe would be rolling 3k2 and providing for 1 if he passed that foraging check without void spent.

Implying I can't use trapmaking to get food...  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games