Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:57 am
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob walked hurriedly down to his seat, wincing as he realized that talking with Autumn and catching up with her had caused him, and probably her, to be late for the Sorting. His eyes automatically scanned the Great hall, trying to see if he could spot his brother's red hair. He frowned when he couldn't, and shook his head. Rick was a big boy, right? He could take care of himself.

Noting the new people in the house, he smiled, and then heard the word quidditch. He also noted that David was talking to the them. Deciding to just let them talk, he instead paid attention to the rest of the Sorting. He didn't think he needed to talk, and considering all the drama from last year, he didn't want to suddenly be labelled the bad guy, considering that everyone had seemed intent to at the beginning of the year. However, the talk about detentions and prefect duties got him interested in listening again. "I've had detention once, for getting into a fight with a git. It wasn't too bad, and mostly consisted of writing lines. I think my hand started seizing by the end of it though. I'm Jacob Drage, by the way. Erm, the vice captain for the quidditch team. So yeah, I guess if you do happen to see me around, I'll be probably on the pitch when I'm not doing classwork, or happen to be otherwise trapped by my brother studying. Welcome to the house."

----------------------------------
State: Friendly
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:21 am
☽☾ Nyx Aodhnait ☽☾ Age: 11 ☽☾ House: Gryffindor

Mood:
Thoughts:
Equipment:
Where am I:

User Image

User Image

Nyx listened to everyone and closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them again she had a small smile on her face as she looked around at all the people around her, she wasn't exactly what she would call comfortable, she didn't think she ever would be; around people like this, but she was more at ease than when she was at the orphanage. She looked down at her empty plate and just kind of drifted in her own thoughts for a bit, still aware of what was being said, but refraining from speaking herself, yet another habit from living with so many others all in the same space. She brushed a bit of her ink black hair over her shoulder and looked back up as she listened.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

There is a real magic in enthusiasm.
It spells the difference between
mediocrity and accomplishment.

OOC: Sorry about the disappearance, my laptop keeled over.

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:37 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo listened to the conversations going on, letting all the words sink in as he slowly contemplated sleeping. Truth is, he had not slept at all during the train ride and does not expect to get any until a little bit later, despite how horrible that sounded. For the mean time however, he would definitely shut his eyes, act as if he is listening, and maybe nod off for a power nap. In a perfect world, that would happen, but everyone knows, the world is not perfect, especially within the confines of the table he currently was seated at. At any moment could an argument find its way and raise the noise to an even higher volume, which he knew would wake him up.

Theo, looking at Alexandra for a moment, then began to close his eyes, hoping that no one would speak to him, unless it was Alex. Ronna would speak to him he figured, which was fine, but he wasn't particularly sure if he would answer or not. He probably would, but it would be a short answer at best.

As he closed his eyes, his thoughts started to swirl a bit, all seemingly centralized on Alex. He would wait to try again, but not long. He hated waiting and sometimes his impatience got the best of him, but he knew he was on a tricky leash this time. He couldn't be too long, couldn't be too short. It seemed so hard to time everything.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

mc2

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:59 pm
]Valentina La Russa
Pureblood First year Gryff
indor
Current mood: Unhappy. Wants to burn something

As Valentina got off the stool and headed towards the Gryffindor table.
She found a seat near some first years. Decided to be polite to say hello "hello fellow Gryffindors." She said in her calmest voice. "Stupid hat I will get you one day. Just wait and see" She muttered to herself. "What's for the feast?" Feeling a bit hungry  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:35 pm
User Image

User Image

I'm not αfяαι∂ to take a stand. Ĕνєяувσ∂у, come take my hand.
We'll walk this road тσgєтнєя, through the storm. Whatever ωєαтнєя, cold or warm.
Just letting you know that you're иσт αℓσиє. Follow if you feel like you've been down the ѕαмє яσα∂.

David nodded a bit."It works I guess. I'll need to watch that show next time I'm home." He said thinking about how many shows he'll be missing since he will be here.

User Image

[Bell-chan]
Sorry for the wait, been busy with quidditch and other stuff.

Desirae_Nikas_7656
Again really sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:56 pm
Valentina La Russa
Pureblood First year Gryffindor

Valentina turned to a second year and introduce herself. "Hi, I am Valentina La Russa, First year." As polite as she could be. "How was your summer?" She asked. She thought to herself and wondered when is the food going to get here she havent eaten in days.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

[Bell-chan]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO
𝓛ɪʟɪᴛʜ 𝖃ᴇxɪᴏɴ

Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO

Thoughts || .. spacespace
Emotions || A Tad Alone space
Age || Eleven space space
Blood || Pureblood space
House || Griffindor spacespace
Year|| First space

❈❈❈
Keep on dreaming, Don’t stop breathing
Fight those demons, Sell your soul,Not your whole self❈❈❈
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

Lilith looked up at the others, who seemed to be fazing out, or had engaged in another conversation. She kept her mouth shut and looked down as she twiddled her thumbs. She hated when she was like this, but did nothing to clear herself of it. Lilith was never really used to change, besides being known as Tory since the third grade. She looked around, wondering if her best friend was a wizard too. In the third grade, Lilith has a best friend named Marx. The two were best friends as they dashed and played together, but one year he never came back to school. Since then, she changed her name to Tory, hoping to leave the painful feelings behind. Lilith took her earrings off, shoving them gently into her shoulder bag. Shifting, she pulled out a sketchbook. She kept quiet as the pencil created its marks on the rough paper. I don't need to talk anyway... The brunette thought to herself.

❈❈❈Being me can only mean, Feeling scared to breathe, If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything
That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down..❈❈❈

Out Of Lilith: Her Clothing

Xistund

ElegantVictorianRose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:35 pm
Valentina La Russa

"Oh, hi, I did not see there" As she turned to Lilith. "I am Valentina. another fellow first year. Nice to meet you" She said. Valentina felt like she was the odd one out. with her bright red hair. Her Italian accent that makes it hard to understand her sometimes. She wondered to herself if she will ever make friends as she has never had many friends. "Oh well it seems no will every talk to this weird looking girl" Valentina said to herself  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

[Bell-chan]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO
𝓛ɪʟɪᴛʜ 𝖃ᴇxɪᴏɴ

Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO

Thoughts || .. spacespace
Emotions || A Tad Alone space
Age || Eleven space space
Blood || Pureblood space
House || Griffindor spacespace
Year|| First space

❈❈❈
Keep on dreaming, Don’t stop breathing
Fight those demons, Sell your soul,Not your whole self❈❈❈

Lilith looked up at Valentina. She nodded quietly, speaking in a soft voice."Hello Miss Valentina. My name is Lilith. Or Tory if you prefer." Lilith gave a soft smile, but it quickly went away. She was always shy at first, but would eventually open up to those who made the effort to befriend her. Lilith closed her sketchbook, putting it politely in her lap. She ran a finger through her messy brunette hair.

❈❈❈Being me can only mean, Feeling scared to breathe, If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything
That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down..❈❈❈

Out Of Lilith: Her Clothing

mrs-lestrange

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:58 pm
Valentina La Russa

"How was your summer?" Valentina asked Troy. " You can calle either Red or Valentina, either one I do not mind." She said. As Valentina thought she could finally be making friends for the first time in her life. She only ever had 2 friends but they don't go to Hogwarts. "I see you like sketching?" As she points to Lilith's sketchbook. As She also put her creative potions book on her lap to.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image
User Image

The brunette smiled, listening to the conversation around her absently, tugging at a long lock of hair. Gryffindor wasn't a bad place to be, she supposed. She forgot who else had gone to Hogwarts in her family-- if anyone did, the whole unit was pretty much split up into so many factions it was hard to keep track of them all. The atmosphere on the older side of the table was a little tenser, but she didn't mind herself about that. She was here to learn-- and have fun, if she could.

The people were nice, which was a good thing because then she would actually be able to talk. Looking back at the Sorting-- ohey, Flynn was in Gryffindor! Even better, since she knew the boy from before Hogwarts. She wondered how things were going for him. It was a lot to take in and the school was a magnificent place. Another girl was Sorted into Gryffindor, but she didn't really care about her-- she knew jack about said girl. Anyway, it was going to be a little difficult, definitely. Unlike a lot of people, none of her family had ever been to Hogwarts, so she had no heads up or anything. Apparently there was a cousin of hers who had been to Hogwarts, but wasn't in the same house-- they never talked, so no help there. Either way, it was going to be a difficult few years but hopefully, if this was the start she had, she'd get along fine.

m i l k , t w o s u g a r s u s e t h e r o a s t - - -
g r y f f t a b l e

m e m y s e l f a n d i
f i r s t y e a r / t r a i n (and robes)
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Sixth Year || Prefect || Dating Chloe
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Life at Hogwarts.

Even on the duller days, there will be always smiles. In the gray and the rain, there will be that tiny laughter that echoes through the halls, spreading its warmth. It would reach certain peoples' ears, and it, being contagious, would create a domino effect of happiness. That was life at Hogwarts.

The school, ancient but sturdy, was in a constant loop of students coming in and out. Last year, his brother, Chase, graduated with amazing grades. And he, who was a fifth year, took the OWL examination just like his elder sibling had done. Needless to say, the results were mediocre. Kind of. It amazed him that in with some studying, he did okay in subjects he thought were sure-fails. Then, those E's and O's. Not once in his life did he expect any grades above average, except maybe in his two art classes. It came as a surprise, and it confused Sun. Could he be... smart? No. That would be a lie and an insult: he was stupid, awkward, and clumsy. He merely only worked hard. To call himself "smart" would be belittling the efforts he struggled to give towards the myriad of subjects. Sun Henrick did well, and he can only do better. With a gentle smile on his face, the Gryffindor prefect sat in a seat at the table, waiting for the sorting to be over and the feast to start.

It was funny, really, how Hogwarts had changed him in a mere, short five years. As a sixth year now, he would watch his little sister go through the OWL exams just like he did, perhaps outperform him. He was fine with that-- Sun loved Autumn no matter what. It was a given. But... he couldn't really say the same about the girl. She seemed removed from him, slightly. The incidence that was entirely his fault three and a half years ago that caused a dent in their relationship stilled lingered in the back of his mind. He wanted to apologize, so, so bad. He should move on. What was done was done, and nothing Sun could do would change the past. It would probably be best to mend their relationship now than later, when they're both old, when the memory of the night Sun accidentally pushed Autumn into the freezing lake wouldn't be eternally cemented into their souls.

Sun watched the first years, one by one, file into their respective houses. Some of them ecstatic, others with a frown. It's okay. Everything will turn out fine by the end, because the Hat was never wrong: a child belonged into the house they were sorted into. And like these new first years who sat near him, Sun belonged in Gryffindor. The teen was a brave coward.

"Hello, welcome to Gryffindor!" he greeted a young brunette. "My name is Sun Henrick. I hope you'll like it here at the house of the brave." Stupid. So stupid. He felt like he just spewed the corniest lines ever. Urgh.

Ah, the beauty of awkward inner teenage conflicts.

{ooc; yergy i apologize if you get multiple quotes from me orz}

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed again. But it's useless to compare myself to the past when I have a present and future to tend to.

Lady Pomegranates

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:05 am
User Image

LIVE AS I F YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Where
                                                          Gryffindor table
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════
                                                          With
                                                          house mates
                                                          Feeling
                                                          anxious to start
                                                          Thinking
                                                          Hmm....
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
                                                          LEARN AS I F YOU WERE TO LIVE FOREVER

Julius nodded and gave a kind smile to the others that joined but didn't enter into any conversations. A slight smirk appeared on his face however when a few others lapsed into silence as well. Perhaps the hat had chosen wisely. His interest had peaked when he heard discussion on something called Quidditch. He'd heard it around when they had gone shopping and he hoped to learn more. Especially if it was a sport he could partake in. But for now all of this was overwhelming and he needed to get his mind sorted out before he tried talking to someone. Besides he'd rather try one on one conversation with his housemates before he attempted group chatter like this again.

Sighing he leaned back slightly and looked up at the floating candles. His eyes focusing on the flicker of the flame there allowing that to distract his mind. In a way it was like a form of meditation that kept himself from looking like a deer in the headlights.

CHANGE IS ONLY A NEW CHALLENGE
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Out of Character
                                                          Forgive my loner boy everyone lol
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

[]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 am
User Image
▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

When the hat called out "Gryffindor" it took Rory a few seconds to accumulate this new knowledge. Like the fact that a talking magical singing hat had just determined her bloody future! Then she realized that she should probably hop on off she wasn't the only first year getting sorted that night and went over to the loud clapping table of red and gold. They seemed like a nice enough bunch she supposed so maybe she wouldn't have much trouble speaking to them like she did the rest of her year mates. She saw a space by one cinnamon skinned girl with short but large (she didn't know how that was possible) curly hair and a bowtie instead of what appeared to be customary tie tie. The Irish girl smiled, she seemed to be exactly what she was looking for. And the crowd around her wasn't too bad, and she kinda recognized the girl right in front of her from the boats. So Rory walked over to them and too an empty seat near the other first year and offered a smile. "'Dunno if I introduced myself earlier, m'names Rory Bolan an' I'm 'parently a first year Gryffindor." she stated with a grin and her hand out for a shake.
==== ☠ ====

Lady Pomegranates

Yukina101

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I give it all my oxygen
So let the flames begin
So let the flames begin
Oh glory, oh glory

Wearing
Where am I?~Gryffindor Table
Who's here?~Everyone it seems

This is how we'll dance when
When they try to take us down
This is what will be, oh glory

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:17 am
User Image
User Image

The cheerful greeting made her turn, the tallish brunette-- but still short compared to a lot of people, really-- looking around to see where the voice had come from. Landing on an upperclassman-- whoa, okay, people were tall around here, what the hell--- it was all Coffee could do to nod at the greeting, which was really nice, actually. "I'm Hoffman Heist," she replied with a self-deprecating sort of small grin (because really, Hoffman, honestly, mother and father why) "Thank you," she added, because it was a good thing to say, and politeness was very good, and followed it with a-- "It's a pleasure to meet you and I think I will," she smiled. She was almost sure she would. It was really pleasant, dear God. Also, it wasn't as intimidating, which she felt pretty bad to admit but it was true, she sort of shrugged helplessly at her conscience, because he seemed as awkward as she did and he didn't seem like the kill-you type.

At that moment, a familiar redhead slipped into the seat directly opposite her. She thought she'd seen her at the boats? Coffee definitely saw her somewhere-- you wouldn't forget someone with hair like that or a vibe as unique as that at all. Also, she looked so self-assured it sort of melted her insides into a puddle of goo with envy. Why couldn't she be like that? She didn't know, and promptly told her subconscious so, because it was a b***h like that. Reaching over to shake her hand, the brunette introduced herself, voice quiet. "Hoffman Heist, pleasure to meet you, Rory," she spoke up, withdrawing her hand after the shake and tucking a stray lock of dark hair behind one ear. A wry grin on, she added, "What a coincidence," she grinned lightly, smile friendly. "So am I."

m i l k , t w o s u g a r s u s e t h e r o a s t - - -
g r y f f t a b l e

m e m y s e l f a n d i
f i r s t y e a r / t r a i n (and robes)
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e
o o c : noomy, it is okay, because we will be multi-quoting each other as i edit posts to jank out typos askjfdhlaksd

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games