Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:45 pm
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia watched the students became fewer as some left the class. She knew she needed this class but she also knew that this is the class where Kerana would more than likely come out. She got some protective gear on but declined everyone's offer to be a sparing partner. She couldn't risk having Kerana come out and attacking one of the students. If Mr. Nixon offered, she knew he could handle her if necessary.

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:42 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Hey, no need to back away. I'm not that kinda guy, alright?" He said with a bit of a laugh after noticing her response. Not that he blamed her or anything. She did just have a dream where he used his power for that. Still...it was very interesting to learn that she somehow knew about his powers. Unless Warp told her somehow.

"Coffin huh? I'm surprised you aren't claustrophobic in the dark. Then again, the shadows and darkness are kind of your area."

"Warp, as a matchmaker? That'll be the day. He usually goes off with the girl instead. That guy sleeps around as much as I did. Though he is right. It is the best way but love isn't forced. Though there are differences in love and a crush."

"Hmm yeah that doesn't sound like a nice dream. Again, that's not something I'd ever do without consent. But about your sleep teleporting, you ask Blink about that or try to sleep with bracelets or something like that, that glow. That or try sleeping on a bed that glows. Sure they don't really have those around but I think we can work something out. I mean, I take it that light doesn't go through the shadow. Since it's kinda the opposite of it." Force said as he grabbed the flashlight and shined the light on the darkness next to her.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:14 am
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

Myth looked around at all the people. This was going alright so far. They all did as he told them. It seemed Dean had a firm grip on things. His memories or rather, Dean's memories told him why Felicia wasn't sparring. She was a beginner and onto of that, had a guardian within her. One that wasn't on good terms with Dean Nixon. But Myth knew how to handle it. No matter how different that guardian was from Felicia, it too was a child in his eyes. And if it could not use reason and logic then it was a beast that merely followed instinct. Instinct could be a powerful thing. Logan relied heavily upon it. Though he didn't use logic and reason that often.

"Felicia, come here. I understand your reluctance to spar with the others. You fear for their safety. It is good to think about such things but don't overdo it. Too much concern can be a bad thing. They are studying martial arts to defend themselves from MRD and other mutants. They know how to coordinate and against Kerena....they stand a very good chance of winning." Myth spoke before turning his head to one of his students." Jackson!, that is not how I taught you! Stick with the form I beat into you or I will be forced to do so again! And we both know you do not want that!"

He turned back to Felicia and continued. "So when this lesson is over, I'd like for you to start meditating, train yourself mentally to become stronger so that she cannot take over without your consent. Talk to her, reason with her and stand your ground with her. This will not be easy but something that must be done. Because as you are now, you are not suited to be an X-men. But you are a part of it because we see something in you."

"Now, let us begin. Remember what I told you before. Proper fists and use the right swing for it. We start.....now" Myth said as he hopped back and threw a roundhouse kick. The same one he first used on her at the beginning of her first training session. This one would not just graze her though.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 am
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia looked up as her teacher beckoned and head toward him. Her ears perked up as he spoke. She wanted to add that she didn't want Kerana to hold more grudges against the other students but missed her chance as Mr. Nixon had to straighten up one of the students.

Then he went on about meditating, that sounded like a good idea. Perhaps that is something that could work. Her ears slopped down as he mentioned that she wasn't suited to be an X-Men but perked up a little as he mentioned that they see something in her. She paused for a moment to wonder what, there was very little time for them to get to know her. What potential could they possibly have seen to over ride what they normally look for in a team member?

The truth was, she came to the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters to hopefully get some help in rescuing her parents. She wasn't expecting to run into the X-Men or let alone be a team member or even discover that she has a guardian form.

She got out of her train of thought as he said that they were going to begin. The fox girl used the form he taught her. She hopped back dodging his kick. She was about to counter when she started to feel Kerana trying to surface, "No, not now..." instead of a counter she got into a blocking/defensive stance. She really hope she not only shift into Kerana but she may end up ruining Cassie's clothes. She couldn't hold back any more Kerana's need to defend Felicia from Mr. Nixon was too strong, "sorry Cassie..." Her teeth and claws sharpened her eyes became slits fur covered her body. Her clothes ripped as her body shifted and once done she looked down at Mr. Nixon and let out a gekkering sound, which is a stuttering bark that foxes use while fighting. She uses her claws to do a cross left uppercut then followed it up with a low round house kick with not only her foot but her tail as well. Then added a mid level kick without missing a beat. She followed that with a right hook.

Fox Calls

Nova Blancke

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:43 am
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

Myth sighed as she begun her transformation. According to Dean's memories last time it didn't go so fast. The other students stopped their sparring when they heard what was going on. Completely understandable. He avoided the initial attack with minimal movement. The following attack was dodged by a simple step back. Everytime he dodged it was with minimal effort. This was he was still in her range so that she could continue to attack without him wasting energy.

"Alright, people. When you're up against someone bigger than you try to use as little energy since the fight can drag on a bit. But just because they are big does not mean they are stronger." Myth said to the class as Kerena continued to attack. " And you young lady need to calm down. I am not your nor Felicia's enemy.I am teaching her to defend herself without having you strike at everything near her.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 am
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Kerana growled as Mr. Nixon taught his lesson How dare he use me as an example for his brain washing of young minds! Why didn't anyone come to her aid when he attacked...Dodge This! She leaped forward ramming her side into him against the wall, with her shoulder aimed at his chest. She let out a vixon scream and made an attempt to bite his head off. But was interrupted by a terrible buzzing in her head. She backed off holding her head.

Felicia screamed out to her as loud as she could
STOOOOOP!!!
Please Kerana! He's telling the truth!
. She was
surprised it worked.

Kerana turned toward the naive fox girl. With a
deadly glare Is this how you repay me for protecting
you?! I know your thoughts girl! You're planning to go
to the White Witch and have her seal me up until you
need me.

Felicia, felt frustrated she clenched her fists
and looked Kerana in the eyes. You leave me no choice!
You dismiss all reasoning and stick with your own
assumptions! Emma and Myth are right. This is my body!
… and you're not helping!
she took her stance, just as
Mr. Nixon taught her.I'll fight for it if I have to. If that's the
only way to get you to understand that I'm in charge!
she
hoped Mr. Nixon could continue to keep her occupied on the
outside while she kept her occupied from within. She had
heard the advise pointed out to his students earlier, tire her
out.

Fox Calls

Nova Blancke

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:01 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

"Well, I may have not asked about it specifically... but from what Warp told me she ran into that trouble too. In her case there was also the matter of clothing. I was lucky enough to not have to worry about that issue. I'm afraid I haven't tried the bracelets. Though, it seemed a light bed did the trick in keeping me in the same place. My parents kept thinking that I was using my powers on purpose and I had to explain to them a few times that it wasn't, they were not fond about my using my power, whether accidental or on purpose. Regardless, I got a light bed and that kept me from hopping from place to place.

When I mentioned this to Warp, he said he would have Raven look into that. Yet, I'm uncertain if he made that request. Y'know now that I think about it ... Warp said that Blink said it helps if you feel secure before I go to bed. However, with things as they are, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. Not sure if I could get some sleep after what's looming over.

I mean, I know I don't need to worry about you of course, but Warp he will never forgive me will he?" As she spoke the girl felt more like herself and sat up properly and folded her hands, rather prim and proper.

mc2

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:52 am
Dmitri Kovac
a.k.a. Amp

User Image

Dmitri rolled his eyes when Sebastian suggested that he look up more about the uses of Hydrogen Peroxide. 'Perhaps for homework' didn't actually mean he had to do it, did it? Besides, if Sebastian asked later about whether Dmitri took up the suggestion he could point out the perhaps and that it wasn't a directive, besides giving homework to only one student wasn't exactly fair.

As he grabbed a textbook, Dmitri wondered briefly if Cassie had put Sebastian up to harassing him more than other students-such as giving him extra homework or whatever- but then again Dmitri was the one who started by challenging Sebastian. Sitting down he opened the textbook and began to read the first section of Chapter 12, ignoring the few students who were excitedly discussing the prospect of creating handheld fireballs. Hell, wouldn't this sort of lab be excessively easy for any student who happen to have a power that allowed him or her to control fire or create fire.

He was one of the first to finish the reading, he noticed when he glanced up, though Cassie was already done by the looks of it, since she was tapping her fingers on the desk staring at Sebastian with a small scowl. For some reason, Dmitri had a feeling that Cassie wasn't really focused on Chemistry: it wasn't like she was actually a part of the class. He stared at Cassie briefly before glancing out the window with a sigh: pyrotechnics weren't going to make this class any more fun for him. And, to think he had physics right after this class with Sebastian Arkain. He was pretty sure that Emma Frost just made his schedule up to torture him.

ProphecyDestroyer

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 am
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

Force listened to her story and nodded here and there. "I could talk to Raven if you want. Maybe you could try sleeping in one of those isolation tanks. Though I'm not sure if those are suited for it. You cant teleport through water into your shadow. At least not if you want to take that water with you if that's even possible. Might be useful for taking out fires and stuff." Force said as he slowly drifted off in thoughts about what else she could do with her powers.

"Sorry, mind wonders off sometimes." He said as he came back to his senses." And you might have to work a bit for my forgiveness." Force said with his playful smile." Is what I would say but I really have nothing to forgive you for. In fact I owe you for saving me. So if you'll ever need any help just lemme know."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 am
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

Though the threat was real, Myth was not taking it very seriously. Right now he had to act the part and allow the situation to be educational. The way he moved around her as she attacked seemed to be one fluid motion.

"Remember, full body tackles like she just did leaves her open when properly dodged. If not, it could do some serious damage. As you can see when she tried to bite off my head." He continued to instruct with a calm but clear voice. Myth was somewhat hesitant to strike back at first since it was Felicia who he would be attacking. But it was a lesson and she could be healed. His fists connected to her side a few times." Quick jabs are best for these situations. Unless she is completely open and if you are confident enough you can put more power into it."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:32 pm
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia was able to dodge Kerana's swipes thanks to Dean's teachings. She kept her eyes open for an opportunity to counter. But with what? She could hear Dean continue his lesson. She smirked a little and waited for the right moment.

Kerana growled in frustration as she felt her side. How dare continues on like that! She turned bringing her elbow down to his side then removed her hand from her sided and slashed at his back. She then did a low kick, followed by her tail then her other foot. She then was going to do an upper cut but stopped and hold her head.

Felicia let loose a few jabs of her own as she found an opening. She not only released a few effective jabs herself but the environment, her mind jabbed her from behind then her stomach. Who's in control?! She waited a couple of moments then unleashed an uppercut which landed her on her back. Ironic that the move Kerana was going to use that on Dean but it turned out to be Felicia's final move on her. Felicia got on top of her and was prepared to strike her again. Who's in charge?

Kerana looked away for a moment. Then begrudgingly responded You are... But how?

Because I can do anything I put my mind to that's how.. She helped her back up. Look, I promise not to put you away as long as you come forth when your summoned. Until then you can stay here... the environment turned into an open field where her fox form was frolicking around playing.

After a few more beatings from Dean, the beast shift to the fox girl to fox. The little fox, though taking quite a beating manage to stand on her feet. Despite her condition she looked up with a happy pant and wagged her tail, or at least as much movement her tail would allow. There was a sense of accomplishment by the way she was acting.

Fox Calls

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:52 am
Dean Nixon
a.k.a. Myth

Avoiding Kerana's strikes while circling her, he kept on looking her dead in the eye. "I can keep this up forever, come on." Myth said, taunting her. Perhaps the more she was focused on him the less she'd be focused on Felicia, who might be struggling for control. She could use all the help she could get.

He did take advantage of the opening when Kerana shook and held her head. It appeared that Felicia wasn't out yet and doing everything she could from her end. Soon after she shifted back into Felicia, followed by her transforming into her fox form.

Myth did a slow clap and soon it turned into a applause as the rest of the students applauded. He walked over to the fox petted her head. "Good job kid. If you are up for it you can spar with the rest, if not....rest. You understand?"

He turned around to see the other students still standing there," Don't just stand there! Show's over! Continue!" Myth barked at the students to get them moving again. He turned back to face Felicia. But before he managed to say something, he got hit on shoulder with a pole. Slowly he turned to face his attacker. His face betrayed that he was not happy with it. With dead serious eyes he faced the student that dared strike him. Fear seemed to seep into the kid. But before long Myth had a smile on his face and laughed out loud." Alright, a deal is a deal. Beat it kid." Myth said and pointed to the door with his thumb. The kid got a clean hit on him and thus he got permission to leave. A rule he made for extra motivation. He didn't think that anyone would actually do it. But it seemed one did have the balls to do it.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:57 pm
User Image
Felicia Carter
???

Felicia couldn't believe it was over, that her plan actually worked. Her ears turned to capture Mr. Nixon's slow clap then more people were clapping, she turned around to find it was her fellow students applauding her. Her tongue dangled to the side and she let out a happy little yelp. She felt his big and gentle hand pet her small fox head, she nodded letting him know she understood. She certainly was not ready to rest yet, especially now that things were settled with Kerana. Yet a change of clothes would help.

She gathered what remained of the clothes she borrowed from Cassie. A pair of shorts and the Cincinnati Reds shirt. With some reluctance displayed with her ears slopping down. Hopefully, it's not a big deal... she thought to herself. She took the remains to Cassie's room limping a bit here and there because her body was still tender from earlier. She went to the bathroom and put on a towel temporarily to close the door. Then decided to leave a note, she used a post-it and a pen she found.

Letter from Felicia

Dear Cassie,
I'm REALLY sorry about what happened. Kerana got out and I couldn't hold her back. Whenever we go shopping I owe you a some underwear, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

The good news is I was able to show her who was boss with Mr. Nixon's help.

Hopefully this will no longer be an issue and currently borrowing other gym clothes. I would use my X-Men uniform so it wouldn't be an issue but, it is in dire need of a wash

Again I'm REALLY sorry I ruined your clothes.

-Felicia

After writing the note she got dressed in gym clothes. She quickly came back down. She still felt a bit tender all over but she wanted to fight as herself, not worrying about Kerana has lifted a burden over her. There were a couple of students that felt uneasy about sparing with her, "No, it's okay now… Everything is under control now." She now seemed to have an opposite problem of what she was having earlier. She looked down a little and thought Maybe I should just go meditate… With her tail and ears lowered she took a corner and sat there trying to figure out what is involved in meditation.

Fox Calls

Nova Blancke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm
User Image
Catherine Smithe
my name is Shadow Walker

Isolation tanks? she wondered as Force mentioned it. Then he continued on to say that she had to work at it for his forgiveness. "I was afraid you'd say that. Would it be alright to join you guys up there? I must admit I feel bad for roughing you up some. I was … just so mad at what he said."

mc2

Nova Blancke

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:06 pm
Theonis Acula Richards
a.k.a. Force

"Afraid to say that? Say what? That I owe you? Don't see how that is a bad thing. But if you really feel like you need to make up....have a drink with me sometimes." Force responded."But yeah Warp just says things that come to mind. Come on." Force continued and got up, offering his hand to help her get up.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games