Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:29 pm

In the Stands, the Western Weyrleader heard Turoth's call broadcast to every spectator... including the dignitaries from High Reaches. Again, a Western Bronze opening his mouth when he had better keep it closed. Treth.

- Had had enough. Turoth, pipe down. Who do you think you are to tell all gathered here upon our invitation what they might think in their own private thoughts? Do you think the dragonets are listening to them, or to you? That Khamaith and then Shalbyanth had reprimanded a Flightleader was certainly more than enough to consider the matter closed. But Turoth, who was little more than a sire to these eggs? Who was not in any way in control of them in this moment, and liable to stir them up all the more.

Leave the running of this Weyr to me and Mine, Turoth of Ar'ad. Rest assured that we are more than capable of handling it. To say that Western Weyr had suffered from poor diplomatic relations with High Reaches was understating the matter.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:33 pm
Odellet - Western Wery- She/ Her

"He's a beaut is what he is," Odd said and grinned sharply. "Yeah, that my nickname. Forgot what your name was, but just glad you are doing okay." She was rather excited with all that was going on and just it was new. Not the blood but the thrum of energy in the air as each egg cracked and broke open and charged the atmosphere with excitement.

tatterpixie
Trude

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:34 pm
Ara | Western | she/her

Ara was mostly oblivious to the posturing and scolding going on amongst the adult dragons. Her attention was flitting between eggs and hatchlings and the crowds in the stands and the other candidates on the sands. She wondered if people who Impressed kept their dragon's eggshell. She rather thought that would be a nice thing to do. Not that a dragon was insufficient as a memento, but, well, it was probably a stupid idea. She went back to keeping an eye on the friendly brown and the chipper blue, hoping that their bronze clutchmates found no further fault with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:35 pm
Sylfie and Gold Hesperith

Neither Sylfie nor Hesperith would have been inclined to attend Hatchings at Western if not for the fact that they had friends here - friends who were practically family. Not that they would have avoided it for anything to do with Western, as they had no preference, ideologically speaking, for one Weyr over the other, but because it was just quite...crowded, and Hesperith would never have wished to intrude in any way upon another gold's territory. So though she warched the babies with idle interest - she really did love babies - her primary focus was on her dear clutchmate, Braraith, with whom she had seated herself and was as close to him as she could be without making the reserved brown uncomfortable. She would have happily tucked him right under her wing if she thought he would accept the gesture, but instead she contented herself with catching up with her sibling.

Her focus did shift, however, when the bronze sire of the clutch addressed the entirety of the Stands. Oh. Oh my. Happy blue-purple eyes quickly gave way to yellow, and she moved a touch closer to Braraith. She didn't know who had thought or said what, as she had been much too preoccuppied to pay any mind to the countless words and thoughts of others, as quickly as they flew by during Hatchings.

Dear me, she thought to both her brother and Hers, able to only imagine what had elicited such a reaction, and what might come next.

Sylfie, sitting near T'mul, blanched at the reprimand. Even knowing she wasn't the culprit, whatever it was they'd said or or thought, she immediately felt chastened regardless, and did her best to blank out her already mild thoughts.

Uta
some background not-quite-cuddling with bro for you emotion_bigheart

Meepfur
Crew

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:57 pm
Khamaith

There’s a small thrum in her throat, leaning down to nuzzle Baihath and meet him halfway. His worry had her hearts swelling, her sweet darling. Nothing that can’t be discussed later, my love. All is okay for now. Later was for processing, now was for welcoming such beautiful babies into the world.
Her blue son’s squeals of delight to his papa had her utterly enamored, though he’d had an accidental run in with a candidate who was seeking medical attention. No direct harm, then.

She glances back to Turoth, only briefly to lean a bit into him, before focusing on her children, to the soft, welcoming feelings as they cracked their shells and wandered out upon the sands. Happy to return to watching them and be ready should any need their mom.

Tsunake

---

Niviora - She/Her - Western

A soft hum under her breath, as she eyed Vimeran out of the corner of her eye. The corner of her mouth twitched, a fringe of a frown, now more worried if she had said something ill. Perhaps a discussion for later, for now she gently brushed her shoulder against his, focusing her thoughts to welcoming thoughts and to watch the blue stumble into another candidate. “There’s certainly a spirit to these babies.” That (rightfully) cranky bronze was a beauty, though.

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

If she put off enough confidence, surely it would help erase the shaken look off of Surel’s cute face. Right? However, the bronze who called and raged drew her curious eye. He wouldn’t ever have interest in her, but she could admire him all the same -- and feel slightly sorry that his entrance into the world hadn’t been what he wanted. But Surel shifting closer had Dystzha edging herself a bit in front of her, that protective instinct to keep her safe welling up. “We’ll be okay.” She reassured softly, though it was more hopeful. Who knew what might happen at a hatching, after all.

---

Shoxiel - He/His - Western

“Seems like little blue takes after his father,” Shoxiel chuckled softly, watching the little blue zip around after his egg had bowled the candidates down. That hatching at Southern Boll had felt both so long ago, and not at all. But at least Aelyx didn’t look too terribly hurt, and that was a minor relief. But accidents happened, certainly.

The continued shaking of other eggs caught his eye, as the Purple Glitter egg was cracking, and the top of Pink Striped popped straight off. But from here, he couldn’t see anything that indicated the dragon inside.

---

Iskernyk - He/His - Unaffiliated Standidate

Iskernyk snorted, shaking his head. “I don’t have favorites.” He winces as a candidate is accidentally mauled, but she looked okay, and was walking off with her own willpower. It couldn’t have been that bad, certainly… “Do I have mild fond biases in the forms of Cyxiiryniadrith and Adarith? Yeah.” It was quite the masculine start to the hatching, but no less cute. He wasn’t a candidate anyway, just a lucky observer.

Turoth’s stark words made him startle slightly, blinking almost owlishly before glancing about. Had something happened…?

Spockat

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:59 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
What a mess! Candidates were being bowled over, and one had a splash of red blossoming on their robes... Finn shifted back on her heels, slightly away from the chaos, though she kept an eye on it all the same. It was one thing to be cautious and ready to move, but another to panic or react strongly. As hard as it had been to stomach at first, she'd seen candidates hurt before, seen them die before on the sands, and she'd seen that reacting to it usually only made it worse.

She shrugged a shoulder at Oreune's words, and nodded. "Probably, unless they impress. You never know, I've seen stranger ways for a dragon to find theirs. It's an energetic batch, if nothing else, though that's probably for the best." There'd be hard work ahead of them all, and they'd need that spirit and energy to fight thread. "They're all really cute. All boys though, it seems a little odd... mathematically speaking, at least." No greens yet, that seemed rare. She liked greens... but then again, she liked blues and browns and whites and golds too, and even bronzes (though they didn't much like her, of course).  

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:02 pm
Bronze Turoth

Thinking things would settle a bit, Turoth turned his head to eye the sands again. The swift and firm voice of Treth was a complete surprise and he jerked slightly, bumping against Khamaith's side as he sat up straighter again. Oh...oh dear...

He almost tried to explain himself, but he knew excuses were not wanted in this moment. Heaving a slow sigh he looked up, trying to spot the green among the gathered dragons. It was impossible from down here, though, so he lowered his head to glance at the four baby dragons on the sands.

I have no doubts that you are, Treth. I apologize, it truly wasn't my intent to try to offend. I'll keep my attention on the sands. He didn't regret broadcasting the statement but he hadn't intended to cause trouble by saying it, either. Still, what was done was done and he'd try to keep Khamaith as settled as he could. Baihath would surely be of help as well.

Of course not, Z'haq. You may stay. It was more a general...ah...well, I suppose that's not important. Your apology is certainly accepted.

Meanwhile, directly behind the group of parents, Ar'ad sat with his head in his hands, his elbows on his knees. He had heard the broadcasted statement, of course, and had instantly felt the surprise and subdued mood from Turoth as he was reprimanded. The last thing Ar'ad wanted was to cause a scene and he wished he could just sort of...melt into a puddle under the seat on which he sat. He did reach out to give Turoth a little mental pat, but there wasn't much else he could do.

tatterpixie

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:13 pm
En'cai of bronze Spurth

En'cai had gone a little wide-eyed. That happened when not one but two dragons took an interest in what was happening in the Stands and not on the Sands. Especially at a Hatching. Their own Hatching, no less. Well. Their eggs hatching. Their babies cracking their shells. Right. Right.

"Yeah," he agreed, nodding a few times as Z'haq settled. "Closed mouth, open eyes." A faint grin lifted the corner of his mouth. "Never worked out too well when my mother said that, but what the heck, I can try it again." He managed a handful of seconds' silence before asking again, "Only Western candidates?"

tatterpixie

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:13 pm
K'ent of Cyxiiryniadrith

K'ent regarded the clutchfather's comments carefully. He snuck glances around the stands to see if anyone look properly ashamed of themselves. "Good thing we're behaving ourselves then, hm?" He rested a comforting hand on Iskernyk's knee and leaned back to get himself just a touch more comfortable.

He watched the hatchlings - of nearly every color now. Bronzes- brown - blue. "They're really moving now...." His eyes trailed at a few of the moving eggs. The little blue catching a candidate with a wingtip. "That candidate looks like they'll be alright."

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm

The Yellow Swirl brown, who had been happy and excited moments ago, was suddenly overwhelmed with emotions. He paused in the midst of his weaving, eyes whirling rapidly between red and blue, and back. What was going ON?

He was little, and it was a lot, and he didn't understand any of it!

Meanwhile, the Rose Egg had begun to wobble softly, an uneven wibble punctuating each wobble. A croon emanated from within the egg, but only tiny cracks appeared. Hatching was so tough.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Teal Glow Blue was absolutely amazed by everything. Even his scuffle with his brother couldn't slow this blue down--but he did pause by Pink Striped's Topless Egg.

Eyes whirling bright blue-green, he stuck his head into the egg before lurching back with a happy trill.

A delicate green quite suddenly pushed herself out of the egg, eyes a bright blue in mirth. The egg shattered around her as she half-spread her wings, and gave a happy warble.

Let's go, let's go! Full of giggles and joy, she immediately bounded into the nearest group of Candidates.

- - -
Turoth's comments to those in the Stands was not entirely well received, despite the bronze's intent. In fact, there were a small handful of finely dressed men and women who pointedly took their leave, marching down the stands, and demanding the Weyr return them to their resective Holds immediately.

"Is this how we're to be treated? Some celebration, indeed! The gall!" One man groused, loud enough for those around him to hear. "You can certainly bet I have concerns, and you weyrpeople are about to hear about it!" He didn't care if he wasn't ever invited back for a Hatching. It was clear that dragonriders were getting mighty full of themselves now that Thread had come back.

Very clear, indeed.

Huff, huff, huff.

- - -

Tribal Green Bronze saw that some eyes were upon him, in both wonder, and terror. Well, he was a bronze dragon, after all, and they had better look upon him with respect! Really now... This was his moment, and he intended to make it memorable.

Except ....

Now people were leaving... And Baihath was watching that fool of a blue, and Turoth seemed distracted... His tail flicked with irritation as his wings twitched, and he brooded through the crowd of Candidates. How was he supposed to find His when there was no decorum? Dragonets were running around like feral beasts; Candidates were more keen on one another than his wonderfulness; and now people in the Stands were leaving!

The bronze sat down, grabbed his tail, and pointedly began grooming it. Huff. A little self-care was all that was needed... He was amazing, he was perfect, he was... the best of the best, even if nobody around him seemed to realize it. Fools, all of them...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:26 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

Probably for the best, Mine, Eorawth commented. Emotions are running high as are tensions.

Ever the diplomat, beloved. Z'haq snorted a gentle laugh at his dragon, then fell silent. Until En'cai spoke up, that is. "Only two of the three bronzes that need to hatch," he replied, a smirk slowly spreading across his face. "And it's two separate bets. One," and he held up a finger, "that three bronzes hatch from this clutch. And two," up came a second finger, "that two bronzes Impress to Western Candidates. The third needs to Impress a High Reaches Candidate."

He turned his amber-brown eyes on his companion. "Still need one more bronze to hatch, though. Just one," he grinned.

Samuel Carlin

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Baihath

Hmm.... Baihath accepted the returned nuzzle, tilting his head slightly as he listened to Turoth speak, too. Well, okay. He conceded, accepting that things were alright for now.

Oh! He reached out gently to the Yellow Swirl brown, his thoughts gentle and full of love. It's okay! People get loud sometimes, but everything is fine! He sent waves of love to all the hatchlings, crooning gently to them all.

This was a special, happy day!

Prism Shine

Turoth

Mr Cheri

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm
Oreune

"How many hatchings have you stood for? I was at the one before this, the one with the twin golds?" There may have been another hatching after that but Oreune....couldn't really remember. It wasn't that important, right? Since nothing happened and she was still here standing and thankfully not being mauled by an excited dragonet. The teen shuddered at the thought of being too hurt to try anything, or getting so hurt she couldn't even continue her craft. Terrifying. Weaving was her life, unless she happened to Impress and then dragonriding would be her life but she doubts that.

Anyway. More rocking eggs that reminded her of people dancing, which was nice. Maybe she'd dance tonight too. What wasn't nice was the sadness of the previously jubulant little brown, and Oreune looked out to him. What happened? Did it have anything to do with the shifting adults in the stands? Certainly it couldn't be anyone thinking bad thoughts or what not - they'd been told a billion or so times to knock that off and Oreune was certainly following that command. "That little brown look okay to you?" She elbowed Finn gently and pointed with a nod towards the paused dragonet. "That bronze too." Faranth, what exactly happened? "But look, there's a green so our chances increased?"

They did not increase.

----

Yura

With everything going on, all Yura could do was bury his face in his hands even though he hadn't caused the problem and neither had Neivndeth (who was happily with his parent's dragons, chatting away like an old biddy). He;d managed to catch the bronze sire's warning (which made him feel bad) and then the leaving of people in the stands (which made him feel worse) and he just looked at Sorsha through his fingers. "I.....don't miss this feeling though. And I was just so happy to be able to be back here."

Did all of this mean High Reaches wouldn't ever be allowed back to Western? He didn't want to be apart from his family for the rest of his life. He needed to stay positive though, and think good thoughts. Wasn't that the whole reason for the outburst to begin with? "I used to think Western had better manners than this too - ahhh, now I sound like someone from High Reaches."

Mortifying.

tatterpixie

-----

Veikel

As the candidate made her way over, Veikel extended a hand and helped ease her down into a more comfortable position. "Good to see you again, though I wish it were always under better circumstances." The man had made it a goal to get to know as many candidates as possible, so when he met them again on the sands he could be more personable and gentle. "I'm going to need to move your robes a bit, and if you're in pain at any time let me know." Already he'd pressed bandages to the wound to stop the bleeding, with numbweed at the ready.

Maybe if he kept looking past her he wouldn't notice the blood, and he could let his hands work from memory.

MaraRune

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

Aelyx was right, of course --- she'd done her part by helping her get to the edge of the sands for treatment, but she couldn't linger here when there hadn't even been a single Impression yet! "Alright," she said, smiling; now that she wasn't quite so worried, she could see that Aelyx was easily her senior by several years, so... she probably knew her own limits, and there was no way Rian could help her anymore, anyway. "But--- I'll come check on you again after, if either of us can!"

No way was she just going to forget about someone she'd met like this, especially when they were hurting. (Well, alright, if by chance one of them Impressed it might be hard, but there would be a chance, she was sure of it.) With that, she moved back out toward the middle of of the group, keeping not too-near anyone else, because she had a lot she wanted to see.

And a lot to see, too --- eggs were moving, the little brown was starting to get upset, a little green was on the Sands now too! And the indignant little bronze had stopped to... groom himself? Well, if that's what he felt he needed then that's what he needed. There certainly was a lot going on --- oh, was the rose egg wiggling now too? So much was happening!

MaraRune
Take care, Aelyx! Rian's considering you a friend now!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games