Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[FIELD CLASS] Olde Ways 101- pg22-OVER Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am
"Yeah, the hunters," Roch said, seeming quite comfortable with sticking poor Angeline between himself and his sister. "But I doubt we'll run into any on this trip." He hoped. Oh jack did he hope. He was completely helpless with this jackin' cloak--

Then again, he figured if they were attacked they'd be allowed to take the cloaks off, right? But that only helped if they noticed the attack before being offed.

"Christmas Town is very pretty!" Terra said. "There is the smell of peppermint all around and lovely snow--but it is very cold," she added. She didn't know what hunters were, but for some reason she felt that now was time for more light hearted conversation--considering Roch was just now coming out of his depression over his ex and Angeline seemed a little tense.

"Jackin' hate that smell," Roch said.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 am
Uru moved with the group of students who seemed to have gathered and spoke about a place called 'Christmas Town'. He'd imagine it to be one of the numerous doors that led to other places similar to how they got to the Human World. With crossed arms, cloak and pin tucked under one of them, he followed the group without a word. The tall demon listening intently to the conversations of others.

He needed to learn that wasn't acceptable.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am
"I do want to meet one someday. To see if they have a different... Well.... I need to be able to tell a difference between them and everything else." Angeline murmured, squeezing both Roch and Terra's arms before taking a deep breath to embrace the subject change.

"Peppermint is a nice smell, but the taste is.... Well, I actually am not as fond of sweet things. It sounds like I'd need a coat to go there. But a little adventure sounds fun to me. "she nodded once.

"Think we'll have an opportunity to steal human world food?"

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am
"I dunno... what IS human food made out of? Think cows, maybe," Roch said. "But if it's like Thanksgiving maybe there's a main thing--an' if it's like Thanksgiving--"

He shuddered at the idea of being high on GRACE in front of anyone, much less an entire group of people. "Food can do scary things."

"Christmas candy made me feel better!" Terra said. "And mucho happy!" She glanced back, feeling strangely as if someone was paying attention to them... She turned--and looked straight at Uru, curiously. Was it him? Or was she paranoid?

demon_pachabel
PhiferWolf

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:39 am
Being a tall demon, his blue-yellow eyes glanced down to the little female looking back up at him. Brows raised and black-furred ears flicked forward as the attention was returned. Did he disturb him? He was a tall, buff guy, but he didn't think he was bothering anyone. Was she looking to include him in a conversation? But it would appear that this individual was discussing the other worlds and the foods from the Human World.

"The human food... is not very good." He answered, his voice deepened his already baritone voice by the scarf around his neck. He recalled the time that he went to the movies with the previous field trip to watch large creatures eat the humans and the feeling fear that it had instilled in them.

Ice Queen

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:41 am
That was a good question, actually.

"Out of meat? I mean.... I can't imagine Human stuff is made out of the energies we use. I dunno! That's a thought to have until I can ask someone about it." which may have meant that Angie was going to be trying something and finding out if she regret it later.

She felt Terra move and looked back behind them as well before looking back to Roch with some confusion

Ice Queen

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 am
"You have had human food?" Terra asked, forgetting her paranoia and motioning the newcomer closer. "What did it taste like? Do you know what it was made up of?"

Roch looked at Angeline, then at Uru. "Sup, man? Name's Roch, this is Angeline, that's Terra," he said, introducing them because Terra was stuck on the food question. "Angel, this guy's had human food. Where'd you get it from?" he asked Uru.

PhiferWolf
demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:25 pm
"Field trip," Nahm replied cheerfully. "Professor Selene let us buy snacks. Human food tastes like dirt. Nobody liked it, so I got plenty."

Ice Queen

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:38 pm
Junko blinked. "You..ate it when..." Wait. This was Nahm. He would probably eat her plates if she let him.

"You're a special kind of monster, Nahm." Junko smiled and pat his arm. "I'll see you later, my friends are probably waiting." Giving Frost a polite bow of her head, turning and hurrying back to Yaya, Bella, Amphi and Victoria.

Prolixity

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm
Arriving at a simple portal, the boogieman, a slime monster if his dripping visage is anything to go by gave the teacher a nod before giving every student present the stink eye. “Now, when you pass through the portal class, the pins and cloaks will activate. The Pins will hide your… Halloween features, the cloaks give you the proper look to our location. You need BOTH to blend in. I see you missing one of the other-“ A huff, smoke puffed out from his nose.

“Now, cross over and for the love of Jack don’t run off. The cloaks and pins are what will identify each other. Aside from voices. When we arrive, be silent, and listen for my instruction.”

As Rengath steps through the portal the boogie man says one thing.
“Don’t eat the bread.” You’re not sure what that means, but as you follow the professor, you arrive to a thickly wooded area, sunlight streaming down through the pine trees. Nearby you can hear them- humans! Music… is that a lute? A loud cough as you all arrive and the man with pointed ears and looking like he’s still some kind of halloweener nods. “Yes, I am your Professor. This appearance is.. sad I know. Nothing like my true grand self but, none of you look the same either.” Its true, looking down, you’re- oh gross you look human! And what’s with this outfit?

“This is a renaissance faire. A time where humans celebrate the past.. as well as old fantasy. Hence, I look like an elf. One from a movie no less. However none of you need to worry about such look a likes. Mine is for.. some side business. But, as we enter, I want you to pair up and go mingle. See what the humans are doing, maybe even offer to help them. Try to pass as a human. Act the part, get into your roles. In about an hour there will be a short story telling event which I would highly suggest you attend. Now. If anyone asks, you’ve come from a youth group. The Amity Forestry center. Next month, you’ll be here cleaning up the place and saving animals. All good fun. Now-“ He pulled from his cloak- those tiny bags from before! Each student gets one, inside a few gold coins. About 5 each. "Keep these. If you want to buy anything use these. Please don't lose them. Anyway-"

He waves you off.
“Go try to be human.”

OOC

Rengath has given you leave to do- well- whatever you want! But- first you need to establish what your character looks like. Use a doll maker, or draw your student as something that would fit into a renaissance faire!
Some doll makers (fee free to use others!):
Here
Here
Here

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THOUGH, YOUR STUDENT WILL APPEAR HUMAN. No elf ears, no fairies, no steampunk, no LotR- okay maybe if it fits. Basically use common sense. If you want to be an exception, please talk to me. (unless we talked before). I'm okay with some exceptions.

After you’ve made your student humanized, feel free to roll 1d10 to get various events to interact with.

You come across a large furnace, a large bulky man working hard at smithing. His smile is fairly warm as he offers you to take a few swings. Putting on leather gloves and an apron, you test your metal to the metal! Roll 1d4 to see what happens.
1- You swing and miss. The man laughs, pats you on the back, and says it’s not for everyone.
2- You get a few solid swings in, and after a while the man tells you to stop. Once done, he offers you a single silver coin, stamped with what looks like an anvil. It might just be a nicknak, but it’s still kind of nice.
3- You get into the swing of things, literally! You and the guy end up working together for a few minutes before he seems to realize you’re not his partner. Laughing it off, he hands you a rather nice gold coin, stamped with an anvil.
4-“I like your style.” He says, admiring- is he checking you out? He might be, as he offers you his card and a wink. “Got a nice strong arm there.” He gives you nothing but his smile. Kind of creepy.

You arrive at what looks like a bunch of women braiding each other’s hair. Before you can protest, you’re dragged in, sat down, and told to braid. Human women are weird. Roll 1d4 if you attempt to braid.
1- As you make an attempt to braid the colorful ribbons into the woman’s hair, you end up- yeah you just made a knot. Better escape while you can.
2- You end up braiding the ribbon in very neatly. Giggling the women hand you a silver coin with a bow stamped onto it. It’s kind of cute.
3- Not only do you weave the ribbon perfectly other ladies clamor for you to do their hair too! You manage to do a few before you’re let go. A gold coin stamped with a bow in hand.
4- As you braid, one rather busty lady begins to comment on your outfit. To the point where you can’t even focus. When you try to brush her off she flies into a rage about how its ‘people like you who ruin the whole festival’. Human women are weird

A jousting contest! Humans on horses aim to knock each other off. A kind of goofy looking man is taking bets… The Red Dragon, The Grey Wolf, The Black Stag, The Golden Lion. Who do you bet on? Do you bet at all? Roll 2d8 to see who comes out on top. The first die is who you bet on, the second… is who won the competition.
First Die: 1/2-Dragon, 3/4-Wolf, 5/6-Stag, 7/8-Lion

Second Die: 1/2- The Wolf has managed to unseat all the other riders. Looks like the hound had become the alpha! Aroooo!!!
3/4- The Lion roars as he accepts the winnings, his banners flying high in the wind! You hear someone mutter something about a debt being paid…
5/6- The stag struts on the field, laughing merrily with other men. Despite the loss, the other ‘knights’ don’t seem so put out.
7/8-He…no! She! A blond woman raises her banner in victory, as the crowd roars in applause. Three boys with dragon costumes run over to her. Looks like she’s rather proud of her victory...and her brood.

You notice a bunch of humans making weird looking blocks and smelling them. As you get closer, you’re cajoled into trying you hand at making soap. What happened to this being the old days? Last you knew, humans didn’t bathe back then! Roll 1 d4 to see how well you do, (use this guide for common TiH reactions to certain herbs!)
1- You begin to smell the various plants…. When suddenly you feel very very ill. It seems they had the plan that tends to make your species sick! Better flee now before you keel over.
2- You pick a plant that smells nice to you… though some humans question your taste. For your efforts, you get to keep a small soap bar and a stamped silver coin… this one with bubbles on it!*
3- The herb you pick for your soap not only smells great but apparently the humans are impressed with your choice. Something about it being great for your skin. Whatever, you walk away with a bar of soap and a stamped gold coin, bubbles for the motif. *
4- You end up making a mess. You walk away however- rather pleasant smelling.

*-Keep in mind these are basic soaps, crude, with herbs in them. Small is no bigger than deck of cards. Regular sized bars being 2 decks stacked.

As you walk down the path of sunlit trees you spy flicking colors hanging off of a nearby branch. One leads to another- stained glass you find a small workshop that is offering a tiny trinket for you to try and make! Roll 1d4 to see what you artistic skills provide
1- You manage to break the glass fragments even further. Good job! While this is certainly a point of merit for a halloweener, humans don’t seem too thrilled.
2- You manage a simple, if crude, light catcher in your favorite color. It goes from a darker shade to light and really while it’s not much it’s still pretty. You also are handed a silver stamped coin with the pattern of a window on it.
3- You managed to create a light catcher with a simple pattern on it. Nothing like your student pin but..well more like a flower really. Impressed, the instructor gives you a gold stamped coin with a window on it.
4- You managed…. To make a clump of glass and metal. It anything it looks kind of pretty? You tried.

The smell of leather can be found by the forges, and tanned hides to some might look a bit…chewy. Before you can take a bite, you’re ushered to try and making something from the various leather scraps. Roll 1d4 to see what you make.
1-You ate the leather? What were you thinking! It was pretty chewy but tasted like sand. Not to mention all the humans are staring at you.
2- You managed to sew a cute little pouch for your various trinkets. The leather master smiles and drops a silver coin into your hand, a deer stamped on one side.
3- You end up making a- you made a water skin. Not sure how but you did. The leather master just takes it from you, hands you a gold coin with a deer stamped on it. No really, how did you do that?
4- You might have gotten so engrossed in sewing the leather you ended up making a leather quilt. While impressive.. it’s a shame you can’t take it with you.

An archery center! Aw yeah, weapons! Eagerly to pick up a bow, you do have to sit through a boring lecture but after… shooting stuff! Roll 1d4 to see what you shoot, if at all.
1- You never even lasted through the lecture. It’s worse than Rengath.
2- You last the lecture and get to fire a bow. While you don’t manage to hit the target, you give it your all, earning a silver coin stamped with an arrow on it.
3- The lecture a breeze you managed to hit the target. Nowhere near close to the center, but still, you hit the target, earning a gold coin stamped with an arrow.
4- You hit….. well. You hope no one was in that tent. Best to flee the scene of the crime.

A weird smell comes from a tent. As you peek in, it seems people are making candles. And setting them on fire, (is that very safe?). They offer to let you try. Roll 1d4 to see what happens.
1- You end up spilling wax all over the place. Goopy, hot wax. And not the kind to give you flawless skin. Meekly, you slink away.
2- You make a thin tall candle of no color. It lacks a scent, but works like any other candle. You figure it would look nice with a few cobwebs. On your way out you’re handed a silver stamped coin with a flame on it.
3- You managed to make a thin, tall black candle, odorless. Yes. Now this is a true Halloween style thing! On your way out you’re handed a gold stamped coin with a flame on it.
4- You keep dipping your candle….. until its short and fat. Whoops. It still works but now it’s all stubby.

Are those- PONIES? Yes, those are ponies. And not the apocalyptic kind either. You can ride these without fear of being maimed..you think. Roll 1d4 to see how well you do.
1- You mount up… then the horse bucks and makes you mount down. Maybe you shouldn’t kick it next time.
2- You managed to ride, not fall off, do a few turns. The horse seems to like you. When done you get a silver stamped coin, an upturned horseshoe on it, (or is that turned down?).
3- A rider! You and the horse are one, true companions. But all things much come to an end. When done you get a gold stamped coin, an upturned horseshoe on it, (or is that turned down?).
4- You and the horse think it’s all good… until they buck you off and make a break for freedom. Go pony go! You go find freedom yourself. Responsibility it a strange thing.

The sound of hissing can be heard behind some trees. As you peek around, You spy Rengath talking to man dressed much like himself, pointed ears and all. You can’t make out what they’re saying, only that it’s a rather heated argument. Roll1d4 to avoid detection.
1-2: A snap of twigs alerts the pair, who start looking around. Better flee while you can!
3-4: You get a bit closer, Quote iStoleYurVamps to find out what you hear.

BONUS

You have 5 gold, unstamped coins that you can use to try and buy goods or services. If you want to get something that would NORMALLY be at this type of thing, quote iStoleYurVamps with the ITEM/SERVICE you want and make an offer of coins. Food and drink will be ~1 coin, but a replica sword will be ~5. /also keep in mind ICC for certain...purchases.
(And yes, there is an 'herbery')

BONUS COMBO x2
You see a peddler, dressed as an elf selling sweet bread called 'lembas'. If you buy lembas it will be 1 coin. A lot of people seem to dislike the fact it's being sold...
Quote iStoleYurVamps if you buy lembas.

This 'Round' will last 2 OOC days, so go out and have fun guys!

EDIT: Extending this by ONE day

kurotomato

beejoux

Raja

Ice queen

phantompanther13

chirigami

sammpai

Prolixity

blade kuroda

Nyxtsuki Moon

AyeAvast

moonlit-raven

nerpin

eight

poke mattix

huni pi

Seiana_ZI

demon_pachabel

smerdle

nerkoluch

nothing yet

dragain

kanth

[A.V.]

Roxy_roxanna2

PhiferWolf

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

mare rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 pm
What is going on? (elf ears not included)

User Image  
[A.V.] rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:24 pm
To say that Miasma was apprehensive about the whole thing was a bit of an understatement. She grimaced at the boogeyman, moreso when it gave her the stink eye, but nodded at the teacher's instructions. She had no intention of becoming a rebel, and so she made sure her pin was fastened on tightly and the cloak was wrapped snug around her shoulders.

She hesitated when stepping through the portal, only arching an eyebrow at the bogeyman when he gave them a "warning". Bread? She knew they couldn't consume human food, or, they could, but it tasted disgusting. She had no intention of putting such things in her mouth.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and stepped through the portal, dreading what she would look like, but when she opened her eyes, she was astounded.
This... this...
A pleasant smile lit up on her face.
This would work quite well, yes.

Though the dress and sleeves were long, the outfit was quite comfortable, stylish, and... it even had floral/butterfly prints, not to mention her outfit somehow managed to maintain the beads she often wore in her hair. If she didn't do anything else other than stand around the whole day admiring her clothes, she would be content with this.

She slipped the 5 gold coins into a pouch and looked around excitedly, and took a notebook out to take notes.
So much to do, so much to see.

The first seemed to be some kind of human activity involving sitting on equine creatures holding... pointy sticks.
Seemed interesting enough.

Miasma currently looks something like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

mare rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

mare
Artist

Precious Cutie-Pie

14,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:16 pm
His ears were lower, shorter and definitely less furry upon their arrival. They certainly were no substitute for his wolf ones, and he strained to hear to Professor. A renaissance faire? Humans were strange but at least it seemed like they had arrived at a party. Not a very modern-looking party, but a party nonetheless. He grinned, parties were cool.

After dutifully listening to what Rengath had to say, and at the same time not really listening at all, Hairwolf wandered off the moment they were released. The boil found himself stopping at a booth with targets, watching curiously as humans attempted to hit the bulls-eye. Vaguely wondering how he'd fare, he picked up a bow, searching around for some arrows.What he found instead, was an expectant looking instructor, pointing at the lecture benches.

Hairwolf rolled his eyes, and after what felt like an eternity later, stepped up to take aim at the targets. He drew back an arrow, and let it sail. He let out a happy howl when it landed close to the center, drawing several odd looks from those nearby. Woops, he thought, turning to flash a grin at the wary onlookers as he scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

Just act normal, just act normal...  
PhiferWolf rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 pm
"Like meat that had been sitting in the blood for too long... but sweeter." That was the best he could describe it. 'Popcorn' was what the human's called it, but it was crunchy, sweet, and had a seed in the middle that the humans spat out whenever they found it. He didn't like it, but then again, the other students threw it at one another and poured it. It had a very distinct smell that just filled his nose for days. Sometimes, when he sniffed, he could almost smell that faint, buttery smell. "It stinks."

A male introduced himself and others in which he gave an affirmative nod. "Uru."

The authority figure called for their attention, instructing them to don their cloaks and pin. Like the previous trip, this one did the same thing, it made them appear human. Uru grunted to himself before putting on the items himself. His appearance was a lot better than his last one, but the outfit... would probably pass off as something his elder members of the pack would wear. The hellhound shook he made it to the door.

Once on the other side... a bunch of woman gathered around the tall human, pulling him by his muscular arms to sit with them as they began to braid his hair and clasp his arms and make such the strangest noises....

Save me...
Ice Queen
demon_pachabel

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

moonlit-raven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 pm
He fastened the pin to the cloak before passing through the portal. He only half noticed the boogieman's comment, about the bread and not eating it, as it didn't sound important. Surely if they weren't supposed to eat something, the teacher would bring it up.

Rengath, however, still looked halloweenish, but he didn't seem to be bothered by that. Perhaps it was a costume? Hmm. How strange.

It didn't feel any different being human, other than the whole not being able to use fear thing, and he wondered what he looked like. Maybe he could find a mirror or something.

He listened to Rengath's explanation. The Amity Forestry Center. Right. He could remember that. And they were going to get to explore? Cool. And they got coins? Even better. He put the coins into the outfit's pouch, and grinned.

This was starting to look pretty fun. He picked a random direction to head off in, planning on seeing what he could find. Then he'd see about pairing up with someone.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games