Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply OOC Forum [All RP OOC threads here]
Meteor Showers 2 OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:09 pm
Well currently she is losing her powers and I don't know how she will be getting those back because none of Liv's previous victims ever did. You can have her fight Chuck without it but Theo wouldn't let her and would kill Chuck if he had to. But yeah you did mess up with Chuck. I mean Trinity has been defending Valhalla for years and is trusted by everyone there. Not only did he take over without a lot of notice but he also immediately labeled her a traitor with false videos. Even if they looked real, people'd be in denial more than actually believing it. At least in the beginning.

And for Alec in Endless, I am not sure if doing another test would work out for the best in the current situation. I mean right now he is feeling more confident but that could shatter easily. Nova will most likely die at some point but I'd like him to see his wife and daughter before that happens.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:42 pm
When I write for a villain I keep three things in mind: motivation, personality, and intelligence. I'll use Batman villains to elaborate.

Killer Croc: All muscle, not a whole lot to speak of in the way of brains. He's primarily motivated (depending on the media) by greed and animal instinct.

The Joker: Not a super brain by any means, but his elaborate imagination and manic personality make him wildly unpredictable. His primary motivation is chaos, and the constant tet-a-tet with Batman being the foundation that gives his atrocities an heir of challenge and "fun."

Think back to Charles Ray in the first MSBSP. He has everything he could ever need, but what he wants is everything. He is fairly intelligent, usually planning ahead for what he hopes to obtain. He was willing to make a teenage girl into a living computer for the sake of creating weapons of mass destruction for the purpose of absolute control.

So with Chuck ask yourself this...

Why is he doing what he is doing? What drove him to either betray Valhalla/infiltrate it as a mole?

What sort of personality does he have? Does he have any form of empathy, or is he a sociopath? How far is he willing to go to make sure his task is completed?

Is he the brains behind this scheme, or is he just a pawn?

One thing that may help also is something I was taught in theater. If you want to understand how your role would react, you have to know where they came from. This can be time consuming, but highly worth it in terms of making something palpable. Take the time to create at least a bare bones back story for Chuck., This will help establish (to you) who he is even if the other players don't know anything about him.

Also, I just realized that I never explained my absence like I said I would. Sorry about that.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:41 pm
Thanks Rikki Tikki Travi, this is helpful and there are some things I need to think about.

I guess part of the problem is I find it harder to step into Chuck. I find it's so much easier to get into character if it's Trinity or Kerana since I know them so well. I really can get into their mindset and really step into their shoes.

Just an FYI I will be out of town over the holidays so I may have limited access to the computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:26 am
I will be away for a week started tomorrow night. Going on a skiing holiday.
Might be able to do short posts from my phone but not sure yet.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:47 pm
Have fun Nova cat_xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 pm
I has an idea to blow some more life into this.

What about an alternate universe. Like they are transported to one and in that world Valhalla and it's residents are the bad guys. Or that Valhalla is just the base of our characters's from that universe. Kind of like Justice League vs Justice Lords from the Justice Leagues series.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 pm
PixelMuse

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

I have a major announcement, guys. I've been keeping this under wraps simply because I didn't want word getting out to everyone in case it fell through, but so far everything has gone well, though a bit fast.

I've joined the U.S. Army, and I'm shipping out to basic on April 1st.

And no, that's not an early April fool's joke. I'll be going in as a Nodal Network Systems Operator, or in layman's terms (from what I understand) I.T.

I will have no access to the outside world for the nine weeks of basic, and I don't know how long it will be after that that I will have steady access to a computer, so I'll do my best over the next two weeks to make sure Ako and Deora are temporarily out of the picture until I can get online regularly again. This should only be temporary, so please do keep this going, I want to come back to a healthy story to jump into. There's too much left unexplored in this story, anyway.

I'll have some major posts coming up soon to take them mostly out of the way, and I'll still post when I'm able to clear things up and get the situation settled.

To be sure, I AM NOT leaving this RP, I simply have to take a bit of a break. And when I come back, maybe I'll know a bit more about fighting and tactics.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:24 pm
Wow that's big news! We'll miss you but we'll be happy to have you back when you can. Let Nova know what you want to happen before you go and if I can I'll try to help out as well.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 am
Good on you dude. If you need any advice on the process of BCT, let me know. It's been eight years since I went, but I can tell you much of what to expect.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:21 am
Yeah man, good luck with that razz  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:27 pm
If you guys need a boost of awesome, and in case you haven't seen/heard of it yet, you should check out the web series RWBY.

It's about teenagers that go to an academy to learn how to hunt dangerous beasts. The action is phenomenal, and the music that accompanies it gets the blood pumping. I can't gush about it enough.

This is a link to the playlist on Youtube. Start with the trailers, then dive into the series. It's gotten me excited and given me so many ideas for characters and plot points it's not even funny.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUBVPK8x-XMhCW2fW7ZYlD9MHjvmT8IGK  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:50 am
Rikki Tikki Travi

A friend of mine shared the first episode a while back. I've been meaning to see more of that. There were a couple of moves with Ruby where I was like 'that's a move I totally wrote out in an RP' at least as far as just using the scythe is concerned and they beautifully capture it in the visuals.

I totally love the action sequences, they don't seem to cut anything out.
I'll be sure to watch more later, thanks for the play list!  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:48 am
Watched it the moment it came out.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:50 pm
FYI: sorry for my delay with posts, work has been crazy as of late.
I won't be able to post this weekend, my husband is graduating, relatives are coming and I will have limited access.

Nova Blancke

mc2

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:34 pm
Don't have much time now, but I'll be able to post more tomorrow.
Good news; I'll be home soon.
Bad news; I failed BCT due to my inability to run. I did well in everything else, and they gave me a chance to start from Day Zero, but when I thought about it, I realized the military isn't for me. I may give it another chance later, but for now, it's the civilian life for me. I'll be back to posting soon, and I can't wait to get back into this story.  
OOC Forum [All RP OOC threads here]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff