Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
"WTF?" Weird,Confusing,Stupid,and Downright Wrong RP Moments Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:33 pm
XcoldhandsX
Yaoi RPs bug me. They basically scream "I'm a gay/bi guy who's horny and needs another guy to make out with over the internet!"

Most of the time they're really girls, actually B[
But the point is valid, either way.

Still, I don't see any difference between gay/lesbian romance rps or hetro.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:43 pm
Well,coldhands, though you may be right in some cases you are also wrong. I'm gay, I RP in yaoi RPs now and again and I can say I have never posted something pointlessly gratuitous.Or gratuitous at all for that matter. Just like other RPs, they're a genre and have plots. And it's not just gay/bi males. Straight females join and get responses to their posts.Why?To keep the story going. Some people are just tired of the overdone male/female romance.

Well, there's my rant for the day.  

Suriel Leicht

Veste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:46 pm
Suriel Leicht
Well,coldhands, though you may be right in some cases you are also wrong. I'm gay, I RP in yaoi RPs now and again and I can say I have never posted something pointlessly gratuitous.Or gratuitous at all for that matter. Just like other RPs, they're a genre and have plots. And it's not just gay/bi males. Straight females join and get responses to their posts.Why?To keep the story going. Some people are just tired of the overdone male/female romance.

Well, there's my rant for the day.

Pretty much what I was trying to say.
Just more witty. xDD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 pm
That's just the restrained version. When I get pissed or motivated my rants can be epic.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm in an RP right now and these two people are quite amusing to watch. One even locked the other in a steel box. An egocentric teen a** and a guy with an anger problem and a power complex. Funny stuff.  

Suriel Leicht

Veste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:18 pm
Ooh, a fellow Epic ranter?
I am intrigued >:')

xDDD
Where did he get the box from?
And why?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:19 pm
Veste- So what did your brother do with the RPC?  

LillianSaire
Captain

Veste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 pm
Oh, we basically just kinda trolled for a little while longer, got bored and left. He said it was because I kept making my character come onto him like a freight train and he didn't know how to keep it in the PG-13 rating. xDDD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 pm
Clarifying, it's not happening right now, it's just one I joined.

Anyway, it's a yaoi camp RP(coincidental enough for you?It's a decent RP though), and the box is used for correctional behaviour.And because the kid is an ultima grade asswipe.

You rant epically too?Heck, I even joy reading them.  

Suriel Leicht

Veste

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 pm
I totally love how they have a box.
All camps should come with a box. xDDD

Hahaha.
I haven't ranted all that recently, but I'm told they're funny.
Mainly I rant about how people seem to think formatting their posts with pictures makes them literate. "Bejeweling" your posts has become very bothersome to me.

Huh...trying to think of a funny story... >___>;
I think I ran out. xDD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:42 pm
Lol,yeah.Boxes...

I rant about things I take moral issues with. I know I can't really change someones preconceived notions,but at least ripping them a new one makes me feel better. I can't really rant about something that isn't deep. I would love to know how you can rant about bejeweled posts.XD

I think I can remember one. I joined this one RP a looooong time ago,so I can't give funny examples,but my char was a blind vampire. I think the comedy writes itself.  

Suriel Leicht

Rabscuttle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Yeah, I protest the idea that yaoi role-plays are strictly for sexual gratification. xD
I don't call them "yaoi" though, because that pertains to anime, and I definitely prefer more realistic characters. With yaoi you get that annoying "seme/uke" complex where characters have a set role that they have to abide by, as opposed to the far more realistic approach where both men actually look and act like men, [or both women actually have an interest in both being submissive and dominant, in turn.]
-shruug-

I don't have any stories to share in that department though, because I've never had a homosexual romance role-play on gaia. Strictly for that reason that no one else seems to realize that it's disgusting to have a grown man character having sexual relations with Tinkerbell's young boy counterpart. >.>"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:01 pm
I rant about nearly everything man.
And bejweled posts is a varied, and wide topic ;'D

Hahaha.
Blind characters are always fun.

That's the reason I probably would never join a yaoi rp. Anime and Japanese society have really skewed some of the concepts of normal. I don't mind Anime, I don't really watch it anymore, but I do read some manga. However, yes, the seme/uke thing annoys me. = n=;  

Veste

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:05 pm
Okay I just realized I sounded very homophobic in what I said but I am sorry. I'm not in any way a homophobe. I was not trying to single out Yaoi I was just basing my generalization off of what I have seen in most "Yaoi RP join now!" in the BT. They seem like the homosexual (no offense meant) version of "Girl vampires and human guys locked in a house!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 pm
I didn't think you sounded very homophobic at all xD It's a reasonable concern, because a lot of these yaoi role-plays really are vapid and shallow and purely meant for smut.

Which is why it's just better not to have strict genres like that. In any role-play I will ever make, gay/bi/trans characters are always welcome, because in any setting it's interesting to have a variety of different sorts of people.

-shrug- So, why make a role-play based around a sexuality, and ban heterosexual characters or females [unless it's a setting like an all male boarding school, etc], when things can only become more interesting with their presence? It's kind of like if someone suddenly made a "black" role-play, and only black characters were allowed. What's the point, you can have black characters in any role-play on gaia. >_>'

Anyway, I recently gave advice to not get off topic, and here I've gone and gotten off topic. Foor shaaame.
xD I'll be quiet now.  

Rabscuttle

Talon The Cyclone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:19 pm
Anyone ever heard of a character on gaia by the name of 'Anubis_Death God"
or something like that?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games