Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 am
Faranie and Blue Samedith

For so long she had dreamed of a dragon, specifically a gold, as Hers, but as the turns had passed and she had been passed over time and time again, that dream had faded. But now, now that she had her wonderful Samedith, even if he wasn't the dragon she dreamed of he was better than any she could have hoped for. How could she be disappointed in the fate that led her here?

Where she had once disparaged her brother, and the fact that he had Impressed so far beneath him, a blue, she found now that perhaps she was a little harsh in her judgment. After all, Hers is a blue, and there was no more perfect dragon on the face of Pern. She spared a moments thought for her brother, and how she wished that he were still there and that she could see him again. Maybe take back some of what she said... nah. Just to show him that she wasn't a failure. That she Impressed. And Hers was obviously the far more superior.

Samedith listened closely to the thought His was broadcasting without knowing. Information was after all power, and he would learn all he could until she learned to keep their minds separate. But for now, keeping track of her thoughts wasn't easy. He was really hungry! Your Samedith is about to expire, Faranie Mine, couldn't you perhaps get us some food a little bit quicker?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:49 am
Sylfie
Sylfie had quite ceased to pay any attention at all to the Sands, cradling poor overstuffed Regory and hiding her face because she just couldn't quite stop crying, so being spoken to gave her a bit of a start. She blinked wide, teary eyes - oh dear, now someone had seen! - at the candidate and reached hesitantly down to take the offered papers. "Th-thank you..."

"Oh!" They had company, in the form of a fetching little blue, and the young goldrider smiled. "Con...congratulations."

BastetAmun

Meepfur
Crew

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:07 am
L'ius of Blue Tierth--Impression Post

Waiting patiently for the woman to become aware of him, Lucius was prepared to stand there for a while if need be. The papers had been important to the man who had just impressed, important enough that she had gone and picked up what she could. He smiled at her when she finally lifted her head and took the papers from him. Of course before he was able to respond a little voice had suddenly entered his mind.

You were so clever hiding from your Tierth, my Lucius, but I found you anyway! Can we play together? You can be the knight and I'll be the dragon, okay?

It caught the young man off guard as he turned his head to look at the blue that had moved over to him, the little blue who had been playing with his father earlier. The woman's words of congratulations went through his mind and he was frozen in place for a moment. It had happened so suddenly, just knocking him off his feet so to speak.

Luciusmine, is this a game? Are we to stand here like knights guarding the lovely princess until her own knight arrives? These words from Tierth at least brought Lucius to his senses and he knelt down to look at the little blue, feeling so overwhelmed and yet so happy. He couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. "I don't think she needs protectors and her knight just impressed to one of your family." He was just speaking, he didn't know what the relationship between that man and this woman was but, she had to care for him deeply in some way.

Picking the little blue up to hold him, Lucius...now L'ius, turned his head to look back at Sylfie. "T-thank you. I'll go and tell your friend that you collected his papers for him." As L'ius turned to walk away with Tierth the little blue looked over his shoulder and honked sweetly at Sylfie.

And do not worry Princess! We will keep your knight safe so he may return to you!

The joy the pair felt as they moved to the weyrling feeding area had not diminished and Tierth was happy to be held by His L'ius, honking happily as siblings and cousins as they moved to a feeding area. L'ius maneuvered so that he was near to where the man and his newly impressed bronze where and he smiled as he sat down. "Hi, I'm L'ius. Sorry if I'm interrupting I just wanted to tell you that the papers you trailed after you are safe." Your Princess has them for you! My L'ius helped her pick up what she could not. Do not worry Iweth. The little blue crooned to his bronze brother as he sat beside him. L'iusmine and I will be knights to your rider Prince! Won't that be a fun game?

Meepfur

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:36 am
Z'rai and brown Kaloth -- Impression post

One brown had caught his attention and drawn him forward with the others, to be inspected and given a chance. It wasn't that brown who paid him any attention, though. Another, one who'd made less of a showy entrance and demanded less attention, took center stage for Zeraiah now.

ZeraiahMine--you would do well as a brown rider I think. Yes... With your Kaloth at your side, I think you would do quite well, indeed.

Could the bottom drop out of the world at the same time it filled up with everything he didn't know he'd been missing. Zeraiah stared for what felt like forever but probably took only a heartbeat or two. He stared, then glanced around. As if the voice in his head could have come from anywhere else. As if anyone else coukd have heard it.

He swallowed hard. "Um." Yes, that was the perfect first thing to say to a dragon. Color instantly heated his cheeks and he tried again. "I mean, if you think so. If you-- I'd like that. I think I'd really like that. Kaloth."

Saying his name broke the stillness of shock and Zeraiah -- Z'rai now wasn't that the way? -- stretched a hand to touch Kaloth's head. The brown surged forward immediately, brushing past outstretched fingers to thunk his head against the boy's hip. Z'rai laughed and staggered, but managed not to fall.

No falling, Kaloth agreed. I won't let you fall again. Here, lean on me and we will go together. The brown wound around Z'rai, giving His plenty to lean on before he looked up again and asked, somewhat positively, We can go and find something to eat now, can't We? You should sit and I am very hungry...

Z'rai smiled from ear to ear, even as he nodded. "Of course we can. Come on, let's go."  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 pm
Nimueh of Brown Mharlith

Nim was practically glowing with pride and pleasure, her boy and a bronze. And the perfect one from Mharlith's observations, just as sweet and desperate for love as her redhead himself. Nim did not hold strongly with the traditional aspects of the weyr, (after all she was a female brown rider, who had dared step into a wing second role) but she knew having a metallic hide would make the little dragons path in life a touch easier and that was something to be thankful for.

As much as she would have liked to follow shar back onto the sands supporting Riz, Protocol and training dictated she held her ground in the healers area. To keep her hands busy she turned back into the station She tied away the bloodied robe and bandages and set out new pots of numbweed ready for further injuries.
Refocusing on her task moved through the healers area, stepping in where she could, fetching extra supplies where injuries were beyond her skill and offering a kind comforting word to the poor souls who had been injured and so far denied a life bond.

Nim saw Haelwen and her white right before she heard the plaintive call. Picking up her skirts she hurried round the stretchers with the most serious cases laid out upon them and joined the new rider cradling the ailing dragon. "Sthenoth right? I heard you calling." she looked at the little white and frowned, lifting the creatures head gently with both hands she looked into her eyes. "It looks like a concussion. Ah....was this white in the egg that was punched?" she questioned the young girl. "I wouldn't worry to much, a concussion like this can make you feel rotten, but they are rarely life threatening, I'll mix you some herbs that will settle her head and her stomach. But the main thing to do is just to keep a close eye on her for the next few days to make sure there are no nasty after effects." She released the dragons head and pulled up a pillowed chair. "Here, take a seat for a minute while I mix the herbs."

Rian-chan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:03 pm
Sylfie and Hesperith
P...princess?  Knight?  That-  She wasn't-

The combination of sheer incredulity and no small amount of embarrassment finally brought an end to her tears as she stared after the blue and his newly-minted rider. "I- He's not- We're not-" Of course, her stumbling, awkward denial came much too late for them to hear and she knew it, but she still needed to say it, because she just...oh, she was no such thing, and that anyone might think she was...!  And Theo a- her knight-!

Oh, oh...oh dear....

And yet, even as she ducked her head down and struggled with how terribly mortified she was, she smiled.

Hesperith just thrummed smug satisfaction, and reached out to softly touch the little blue's mind. We would be most grateful to you and Yours.  You have good hearts, and I do not doubt that you will make your parents and the Weyr proud.

BastetAmun

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm
ar'din & alquemieth

He had cut a portion of meat for Alquemieth to eat before tending to himself, the bronze only a few feet away from him when he was settled on the bench to reach his food. It was as he peeled his robes for the healers that the goldrider pair decided to sit next to them and play nice. Ar'din eyed the weyrling's expression with the same aloofness he usually had; he wasn't a people person and clearly lacked social skills, but he could spot the plastered smile. Making nice, huh. But he did like--

Mictecath, Alquemieth provided, bowing his head slightly to them. He leaned over the plate and plucked a piece of meat for himself before sitting back and chewing. I am, yes. Bossuth is...taking his time. That was the kindest way he could put it. But I assure you, as I assured our mother, I will sculpt a perfect rider from this rough clay. MyAr'din is not the beast he believes himself to be.

There, the bronze nudged his rider to apologize as he had to Fianth and Rhianth. Ar'din winced as his wounds were cleaned, but he kept his gaze on them as best he could. How about when my body isn't yelling at me?

Alquemieth's response was privately sent. Pain is an excellent teacher, isn't it? Swallow your pride this time, Mine. She is a good sister who deserves your respect.

Swallow his pride? That was rich coming from someone like Alque, but Ar'din's coffee withdrawal, early waking, and treatment were wearing on his mental resistance. That, and his mind was now being shared with someone. The large spaces in his thoughts could no longer exist, the isolation within evaporated. He was still reeling from that inwardly.

"I can't help but like a girl that beats me up," he said, with the flat tone one associated with an insult, even though that wasn't his intention.

Alquemieth sighed. Baby steps.

I would never intend such a thing, the bronze continued, nostrils flaring briefly as he went for a second piece of meat. Harm this family. Honestly. His orange-tinged green eyes turned towards the inane feedback loop that was Aviforth and Ingonth for a moment. There are simply some individuals who believe running amok is what High Reaches needs. The queens cannot always police them.

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

A quiet trembling had begun on one far corner of the sands. Nimbus 2000 rocked, a slight crack appearing on the egg's shell. Was it time? Nimbus 2000 just wasn't sure... and everything had been very tense for awhile.

For his part, the Beer Batter Brown strutted among the Candidates, oblivious to any drama that had occurred. Hmm, that one might complement his colors beautifully... ah, but what of that one? He liked the way they wore their robe. But wait, actually... let him just pause to admire himself one more time.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Niika

Niika watched the brown that was strutting up the sands with a half amused smile. Who would really appreciate that handsome boy as much as he deserved? She looked over the candidates still standing, though her expression never changed. Her feelings hadn't changed. But she could pretend for a moment she was down there with them all getting to see the babies up close.

Even if the scars in her shoulder reminded her that she'd met one a little too close.

It looked like the one egg she could see that was still unhatched was beginning to wiggle as well. What would it be?

----

Kahbrohm

Well someone was enjoying himself more than any of the candidates. Perhaps that simply meant there wasn't a pick to hold his interests. Then of course, there were still other dragonets roaming about, and the young man was careful to make sure none of them were ever completely out of sight.

Kahbrohm had taken enough claws that day, and he was ready to not be surprised by anything. Like the cracking of the cloudy looking egg that had moved very little up until that point. What were you?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:44 pm
Aroontwa watching untiring delight though he himself was getting tired. They have been up so early and all the emotions of the day were exhausting. But he was still there for the babies! Go little ones! You are almost all matched! You can find the one! Oh, wasn’t that so romantic?  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:45 pm
The little white baby hesitated a moment, not quite sure he wanted to leave Krahsujunth's side, but also knowing that His was near. He knew that he needed to find them, needed to Impress, and yet... Would he still be so loved? Ah, but the need was growing greater. What if someone else Impressed to His when he wanted them? What if something happened to them while he was waiting?

If....If you can..maybe...be here... Just in case...they don't want me... The little baby knew he should be brave and strong just like his Daddy. But it was awfully frightening. Stepping away from Krahsujunth, the little white tentatively stepped out and back among the Candidates. He paused now and then, glancing back often at Krahsujunth, until finally he came to stop in front of His.

He paused a moment, turning to look once more at the big rugged blue. His eyes whirled purple and he quietly said, I love you, Daddy. Just in case Krahsujunth thought that maybe he wouldn't still love him after he found His. While there was no one quite like His-not even his beloved mother and father-that didn't mean his love for his family was any less.

Turning up, the little white caught the gaze of His and let his eyes whirl rainbow. Truly... There was no one else for Baby Mine. ZyanziMine... Are you... I mean... Would you be happy to be Mine for always? I... I am Your Iljunfanth and I.... I love you very much. The world is better with you in it... and I miss you and... need you... and.... He gave a little creel, unsure if this was how he was supposed to Impress. Was it a good Impression? Was it bad? Did he do it right? Would Papa be upset? Or Mommy disappointed?

Oh, life was rough when you were a little white. And he knew he was a little white in a Weyr so full of bigger and better dragons.

User Image

Mewsings of An Angel

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:59 pm
Leiheti laughed in delight as the brown stopped to admire himself again. He was a vain creature, and that was perfectly fine. He was lovely. She almost missed the small white moving from their father to a candidate. Oh! Thank goodness. The little one was up to impressing. She was getting worried. Smiling softly she turned her attention back to the few dragons still looking for theirs.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:02 pm
Kinyegele

There he went, off to someone who would love him. It was all Kinye could have ever asked for and despite the fact she'd been so fond of the egg.....she didn't feel disappointed. She sent one last loving thought after Baby Mine and then turned her attention back to the other babies on the sands.

Soon! Soon you will all be happy and even more treasured than you already are! And she? She would go back to being a Candidate. She just felt it in her bones. But it was a good feeling to end with, after all the weeping there had been earlier.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:12 pm

It was dark in the egg, but the little head that peeked out didn't want to reveal itself. Still, a bit of blue hide showed through the crack in Nimbus 2000's shell. ... My Shanley, will you come get me? I don't want to go out there yet. Not alone, all by himself! Your Haloth is afraid. Everyone has been yelling... and they're all so angry! And as frightened and jealous as the baby was and had been, he needed his Shanley! Where was she?

ShanleyMine? the blue whispered, one yellow eye peering out of the shell.

User Image

Thaliawen

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items