Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Madness (RPG)

Back to Guilds

Madness, Insanity and... Rpg's. Well okay, it's all Rpg's. Unless 1 of the members is actually insane, then maybe there is a little madness. 

Tags: Friends, Madness, Role Playing, Hang Out, Awesome 

Reply Closed Books RPG (active)
Closed Books RPG Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 121 122 123 124 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:02 pm
Crow's brow furrowed as she listened to the monk.

"Where can we find this book?" She questioned.
"If we cannot find the book, where can we find one of the returned dancers?"

Again, in the back of her head, Crow heard her name whispered.
Like a radio tuning into a station from static, her quiet name grew loud and she heard Glory in full volume.
The sound transferred from her brain to her ears, a small gust of wind hitting her in the face as the spirits grant her the knowledge to understand Glory's language.

"Oh," She whispered under her breath, lips forming a surprised O shape.
"I didn't realize your language was different than a regular horse.
I just thought you were very quiet."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:51 am
The orange-robed monk lowered his head in regret, and shook it to deny them.
("Only Brahma orders the dance, and perhaps his attendants, all of which live at the center.
It may be that they know the movements.
I have not mastered any syllable of the seven-part name of God, and know little more.
If you wish to meet him, however, and ask these things, then I can tell you how to pass the Masters of Karma."
)
From his robe, he again produced something: a crystal lotus flower.
This their friend placed upon his mat.
("Present them this token, and they shall let you pass.
It will only account for three souls, but I have faith you will accomplish your ends, if they are as important as you say."
)

Several blue eyes rolled upwards, to look at the light at the sphere's center-sky.
It wasn't like a regular sun hurt those baby blues anyway.
Gogdammit universe, why do you keep screwing me like this?
Is it because I'm an a*****e? It's the being an a*****e, innit? Just say nothing if it is.
...I thought so.

Glory would go over to Noire, he would nibble at her hair with horsey lips.
He needed her functional, and since unhappy was his default emotion, she hadn't really done much to him.
It wasn't affection, but some of his partner's burgeoning attachment to these people was beginning to bleed through.
It wasn't affection, though.
No stop it.
Glory hated everyone, honest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The first to have spoken nodded to Abeline, acknowledging her quest, but there was no yielding to be found in that face.
Impartial as a mountain, and about as forgiving, these were not Sanskara who relaxed their duties.
Again, each heard their native tongues, or at least the ones they'd grown up with.
Everyone else, oddly enough, was speaking in the speech they heard, rather than the trade language.
"You will seek elsewhere.
You will not trouble Shakti or Brahma.
None of you are worthy. None of you have paid your accounts of sin."

Of all of them, Conqeust dripped insolence. Because of course he did.
"Y'can't pack an overdraft on mine? I'm sure I can invent a couple more sins to overindulge in."
Gold eyes flicked to Vaseiya, nodding ever so lightly.
With her touching him, he could inspire what he would say, if he were speaking.
Probably something. Everybody defaulted to whatever weird lingo they're used to.
Then again, could be they're just creepy and weird.

If anything, the boreal voice of the middle one grew colder.
"This is no jest, Lord of Light.
Produce proof of your cleansing, or be gone."
Much like with the soul-shepherd, these would make no move towards any hidden weapons, take no martial stances.
They looked like people happy to wait all day for the intruders to leave...

(Sorry that took so long.
Never been late delivering on a promised post that I can remember.
Don't think I like the feeling.)

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:28 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

The more answers that the monk gave, the more questions that Kaliyah had. The center? Seven-part name? And now there were souls involved?
The ancient chieftess couldn't quite wrap her head around any of this. It was all just so...foreign.

Kaliyah was plainly and obviously confused. The way her nose scrunched upwards slightly, and how her brows creased together made it physically apparent. Hopefully someone else was understanding this. Either way, she would let someone else take the beautiful crystal lotus flower.

"I have one last question for this monk, and then after this I think we should leave." She announced to everyone.
"We need to at least know the location of these 'Masters of Karma', so that we might then be on our way..."

A shrill roar, followed by the sound of clopping hooves could be heard clopping through the streets.
Any Sanskara who did not move out of the beasts way quickly enough, might be scratched or worse, impaled, by the many horns that protruded from the dracolisks body. It was on a mission, and wouldn't stop for anything.
Not even for that tasty looking rodent that just scurried past it.

When it arrived in the clearing, the draconic equine nickered as it saw it's beloved friend and master. As she pranced to Kaliyah however, she did not ignore the opportune moment to attempt to bite Glory's a** on the way.

------------------------------

Sins?
Each of the girls in the group couldn't help but recall whatever those could be.
Olive? Pfft. She was a heckin do gooder! She'd sacrificed her life to save the witches! She'd kicked Titan a**! She'd...she'd...
Well maybe she'd killed a lot of people-but there was good cause for that!
"AHEM, excuse me?"
Olive placed a hand on her hip, and leaned a little bit to the side to look sassy.
"I am a really good blood witch. I have like, no sins to account for."

Abeline glanced at Olive, sighed, and then looked back at the ever unmoving Sanskara.
"What sins could we possibly need to absolve?
How do we even cleanse ourselves to be worthy of your gods?"

Vasieya's head tilted curiously.
Depending on which culture you asked, there were a lot of sins involved with being a royal courtesan. The Conna's, however, saw all of those deeds as more of an honorary thing. But even before that, when she'd been a bard, she'd done all sorts of other "sinful things" like for example, a smidge of harmless thieving...
That had all been at least 500-800 years ago though.
Did sins count for that long?

Vasieya stepped up now. Obviously Abeline's attempt for a peaceful entry wasn't working.
"I mean no offense, but do any of you Fils de pute (sons of a whore) recognize how important it is we see the Shakti and Brahma?
Ze very universe is crumbling, ze stars are dying!
So why would it matter zat we are worthy of seeing your gods?
Gods are no big deal!
Trust me, I would know. I dated one!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:13 pm
"What... what is he...?" Noire kept getting interrupted by Glory.
Despair was now converted to confusion.
... Noire didn't really do a default emotion. She kinda just... floated on any emotion.

---

"... Don't suppose you're carrying thick bleach for the soul then, huh?" Jay snarked back, looking more annoyed than anything.
"Never mind the fact we were picked to un-f*ck reality, we also saved a planet of the plants from the personification of mistletoe alongside the myriad of crap we all did in our respective pasts. But yeah... we're basically just buckets of sin."
He didn't actually care. But he did some good stuff! Just ask Olive.
... OK on second thought don't.  

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:23 pm
(Omg, the dance and syllable thing reminds me of "The OA" so much. If you haven't watched the series yet, there's two seasons on Netflix. I highly recommend it.)

Crow's attention focused back on the monk.
She gingerly picked up the small crystal lotus and met the gaze of the religious leader once more.
The chieftain nodded in thought as she took in the monk's instructions.
Possibly surprising to others, Crow had a good grip on what she was being told.

"I have no worldly belongings of equal value to offer you in return for this," She said, motioning to the lotus.
"But please know that your kindness is in favor for universal balance.
Tell me, monk, how do we get to the center?
Is it the temple we see in the valley below?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:03 pm
BhelliomBlue-Rose

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:11 pm
At mention of trade, the monk's head tilted back and let loose a deep belly laugh.
Smiling wide, he brushed away the half-offered thought of recompense.
("It is no worldly belonging. No worldly object would suffice.
It is given freely or not at all."
)
Stretching forth one hand, he pointed towards the nearest spire, the temple Crow had been eyeing.
("Do not thank me yet. It may be that I have done you no favor.
The temple lies yonder.
See both of our portions of God, and then meditate upon them.
I will stay here, and pray for you."
)

This time, it would find its teeth diverted and get a smack in the face by horsetail.
Mostly for swatting flies, it wasn't much of a rebuke, but it was something.
The white horse was still perfectly willing to escalate things if the reptile didn't get the point.
...But Glory was feeling uncommonly charitable right now.
Being able to talk to someone he didn't dislike went a long ways.
He would nose at the human, trying to get her moving again.
Got directions, got a key, it's time to get gettin'.
Things're heatin' up on my partner's end.

Each of the three would respond to a query in turn, though the order be uneven.
Some of their number were perhaps uncomfortable with spoken word.
"You were chosen by one who would drag the patterns of our world into the next.
You were chosen for your proficiency at turning men into corpses, at removing what obstacles might bar the Pale One's way.
The Harvester is no better than the Judge of Waste in this."
Another answer, cold and hard as mountain granite.
"Our place is not to fix the world. Our place is to judge, and safeguard the great wheel.
Your Lords may be unworthy of the name, but ours are not."
The final one looked to Abeline, not hostile, but about as yielding as an iceburg.
"Ours is not to show you your way. Ours is to judge."

Conquest couldn't help but menace.
The bargains came second nature, and sometimes, one bargained with force.
It had worked once already, hadn't it?
"That brings up an interestin' point.
If we're as nasty as you're sayin', what's stoppin' us from doin' what we're out to do, and reachin' your heaven by violence?"
The leftmost Master looked down at the Rider as though he were something a dog had dragged in from the rain.
In fairness, his karma reeked down to the hells.
His past lives had generally been the sort of people who thought of things like honor and mercy as a particularly stupid joke.
"We do. We are the masters of Karma, and in this place, we rule.
Invite violence here and you make an enemy of our Sphere."
So long as no move was made, they would demonstrate no such rule beyond barring the group's way.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:53 pm
Sorry ya’ll. I’ll post tomorrow!  

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:08 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

The dracolisks hardy, blueish scales protected it from the fury of Glory's fly swatting tail. The attack had really been more of an annoyance than anything else, which for now was probably not too far off from Glory's goal anyways. Flattening her eyes, she merely huffed at Glory to perhaps say, "This isn't over".

Kaliyah was ready to go. She'd been ready to go actually.
Already mounted on her mare, she trotted by Glory and Noire.
On her way past them and with ease, she'd grab down and lift Noire by the back of her shirt and onto the coup of her mount.
"Time to go," She'd state very plainly.
"Glory, would you mind allowing Crow a ride?"

Giving her horse a little kick, she'd speed up into a canter and head straight for the tower....

------------------------------

Vasieya looked the between each of the hero's.
They all seemed so hesitant to make a move other than to back talk these tall and intimidating Sansara. This was making her get a bit...antsy. It wasn't that she wasn't impatient, because she certainly was. But really more so that nothing exciting had happened since she joined this group of hero's.
She wanted some action!
SHe wanted to see what it was like to punch someone in the face!

"Judging? Really?",She sassed, as she looked upwards at them, her hands no sliding up to her hips in a rebellious stance.
"Zat is rather almighty of you.
What would you know about what is right and wrong?
Stuck here in you're little sphere. You cannot even see ze stars of ze ozer worlds. You cannot possibly understand what it is like."

She spit at their feet.
"Manger de la merde."
(eat s**t)

The french girl raised her head up high and then cooly attempted to walk past the Sanskara. She made no threat of harming them, but unless incredible force was used, she would be like a boulder and push right past them.

Abeline's eyes went wide as she watched Vasieya's attempt.
She wasn't sure if she should stop Vasieya before possible chaos ensued, or if she should sit back and see what would happen. Vasieya had nearly impenetrable skin, like a rock. Only extreme force could shift the little french girls pathway.

"OH DAMN VASIEYA. YOU GO GURL!" Olive wooted in the background.
"SHOW THESE LANKY, POLYARMED PEEPS WHO DAH BOSS!"
Shoving Jay's side, Olive snickered.
"You should help her! You've been itching to kick a** all day anyways right?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:01 pm
"Yeah, yeah..." Jay muttered in reply, scratching his head. He didn't like the way they spoke at all... but if they attacked, they'd find themselves the recipient of his energy manipulation anyway. Now, how to one up her...?
Walking to catch up to Vase, he added onto her little speech with a more upbeat, "If I cared what you guys were judging me for, I'd be listening. Quite frankly, you're only gonna find I'm just here so my a** can sit in the world for another 50 or so years before I die. And so someone can pick up the pieces...
"So carry on. We'll do the actual work. You go ahead and watch like everyone else is."
As he walked past them, he paused to stick his tongue out and added, "Besides, judgement only works on and for those looking for it. I stopped searching a long time ago. Found it easier to sleep at night." before carrying on. Hopefully, like a badass.

---

"Oh, OK. Something's going on then."
She was unnaturally calm for someone being picked up so easily. Well, Noire supposed it really could've been the horse picking her up. At this point, she was just guessing they were up to something now.
Yes, she'd completely forgotten what just happened. But she wasn't gonna say anything about it!  

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 am
lovebrookelyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:56 am
BhelliomBlue-Rose

You can post in both rpgs to keep the ball rolling  

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 am
Crow nodded graciously at the priest who had hosted them so well.
Without hesitation, the Chief approached Glory, bowing briefly out of respect.
She was the mother of domestic animals many millennia ago, she naturally knew the dignity that went into the treatment of creatures, animals, and people alike.

"I'm sorry, dear one, the spirits do not gift me my ears and my tongue right away," She apologized in reference to not understanding Glory before.
She safely secured the crystal flower in her satchel that hung at her waist as she said this.

Should Glory allow her to ride, he would find that Crow was a magnificent companion in travel with.
She was gentle not to prod him roughly and she balanced easily, not requiring much to hold on to.
And the chief's frame, while strung with muscle, was very light compared to the modern person.
She wouldn't be hard to carry, in fact, it was possible that Glory could barely feel her there.

Should Glory not allow her to travel with him, she would sprint along on all fours.
Surprisingly, this was a very fast way for her to travel, pouncing along the ground.
She would fall slightly behind, but not very far.
However, by the time they reach the tower, her skin would be covered in the shine of sweat.
A slight fatigue would wash over the Chief upon arrival, disposing of her for a few moment while she collected her breath.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:52 am
The three would listen, unmoving.
They did not shift to bar any of the trio's way.
In point of fact, nothing at all would stop them.
The crowds parted before them, flowing smoothly around.
No rebuke was said, nor restraint laid upon them.
No obstruction barred the three for nearly an hour, during which there was barely any progress made towards the far wall.
Clearly, this place was bigger than it had first appeared, which was saying something.

Soon, they found three more dark-robed figures, presumably facing another entrance.
These would not turn as they approached, would not acknowledge them.
The thing was, Abeline had found her way here, too, as had Conquest.
In much the same positions from a different perspective.
And facing the same... Sanskara... judges...

From the Princess and Rider's view, their companions had gone wandering off and trotted right back, just a few moments later.
The white-robed man looked to his old friend and back to them that had returned.
"...Why'd you come back? We were just gettin' ready to follow."
He hadn't seen any strangeness.
The Masters of Karma looked no more smug than they had before.
Theirs was not to instruct or enlighten, but to judge.
In this place, they ruled.

Yeah, yeah. Spirits're assholes like that sometimes, not explainin' their rules an' all.
Come on up, let's get goin'.

No time left to waste, he took off down the hill, not quite at a gallop, not so slow as a canter.
The white horse moved at something best described as a charge, steady and implacable.
When the terrain grew uneven, his eyes pushed them along, hooves striking only the tops of whatever surface they passed.
Kaliyah and her animal would need to pick up the pace to keep up, which suited Glory fine.
Yeah, didn't know you could talk to animals.
Should'a guessed when you stopped me an' the lizard from throwin' down earlier.
...Don't suppose you could explain my aversion to sharp teeth?
The usual violence ain't workin' so well as a deterrent.

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:23 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

The tree was dumbfounded, but only for a moment.
Similar magics could be found in Bliss's dark forests, so she recognized the trick that had been done rather quickly.
It was rather irritating.
"A spell," she huffed, "We cannot get past zem, no matter how far we walk.
How annoying."

To Abeline, this seemed like the end of the road somehow.
The world would end, and all that they knew and loved would turn to ashes; only to be reborn again into a stranger land.
"I guess...I guess if they won't let us pass, then we'll have to find some other means.
There has to be a way to find the book here that doesn't involve the Sanskara gods...."

"Unless the gods are the ones that have the book," Olive pointed out.
"Then we're ******** all because we sinned too..."

Abeline turned around, leaving the mysterious Sanskara to her backside as she looked to her teammates.
"There is someone here...I think, that may be able to help us.
But I wouldn't be sure where to start looking for him to be honest."

"No offense Abby, but it isn't the old ex boyfriend is it?
How would you know if he would even help us?" Olive inquired, rather bluntly.

"No, not him....", Abeline whispered. her eyes shifting to the ground.
"It's someone that'd be much more awkward to meet up with."

-----------------

As they arrived at the temple, the red Sanskara that had guided the other group was still there. Waiting patiently, like a puppy guarding.
She bowed to them, and took a step backward to get out of their way.
She acknowledge none of them except Glory, who would get a long, cryptic stare as he trotted past.
Perhaps the Sanskara knew something about him, that he did not.

Kaliyah personally thought nothing of it as she caught up to Glory, and persisted towards the temple in eagerness.
When the pathway could not be continued on mount, she would lift Noire off her dracolisk by the cuff of her shirt again, and then jump off the horse before releasing.

"Alright, we're here." She gruffed as she already swung the doors open.
"Perhaps the other members of our party are here as well?
I can smell Abeline's perfume..."

She walked further into the temple, expecting the others to follow.  
Closed Books RPG (active)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 121 122 123 124 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games