Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Madness (RPG)

Back to Guilds

Madness, Insanity and... Rpg's. Well okay, it's all Rpg's. Unless 1 of the members is actually insane, then maybe there is a little madness. 

Tags: Friends, Madness, Role Playing, Hang Out, Awesome 

Reply Closed Books RPG (active)
Closed Books RPG Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm
Noire never heard voices before...
"So that isn't me losing my mind? Good to know," she replied with halfhearted humour, scratching her neck lightly.
Come on horse dude, speak to them already. If Kaliyah was acting spooked, she sure as hell was gonna be scared herself.

---

Jay just grinned all shark-like, very normal for him I assure you, and tossed the coin away. Wasn't a keepsake, he just liked shooting stuff and chance - when it came to pointless stuff, anyway.
But anyway, let's get back to the part where he unknowingly managed to trick Olive into saying something silly.
"You can always protect my flank if you fancy it, Olive," he responded, with as much innocence as he could muster. Which was mostly mock innocence.
"Obviously I'd prefer other stuff be protected too... like limbs and necessities such as the ol' bloodpumper and the thing in my head telling me what to do. I think we call those hearts and minds."
Jay has lost complete focus on the mission and was now more interested in teasing Olive.
"Also obviously, I'll protect your flank... and back."
Everlyn, am I horrible? Is this that thing called flirting or teasing? And also, is this just fantasy? Because I never expected a comment about my a**, I have to say. Which god should I thank for that?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:12 pm
Crow felt the voices rip through the ground under her bare feet, almost like the vibration from a beetle's wings.
The Chief narrowed her eyes, tilting one ear in an attempt to close in on the sound.

"I do not recognize the words," She said lowly to the others the closer they got to the source of the sound.
"It almost sounds daemonic?
Like the old language.
The one that I grew to know, but it is not the same."

"We should look ahead to see if there is danger," She said quietly, turning back to look at her small tribe of friends. They were all quite a sight to see, an unlikely unity.
"I can see quite a view auras, I cannot place them to a body though."

Among the strange building, she could see many gray auras humming through her vision.
It was strange that there did not seem to be much color or life.
Usually a gray aura indicated that someone was asleep or very close to their demise.
This puzzled Crow, as most of the building was still obscured in the distance and yet she could still make out such dimly lit souls.  

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:52 pm
BhelliomBlue-Rose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:37 am
'Cos you ain't said anythin' 'till now.
You n' me are already in the s**t, Abeline.
I'm workin' on two for myself, here.

It bore noting that Conquest wasn't thinking of shipping in exclusive or exclusively romantic terms.
The slap-slap-kiss thing that Rudi and Everlyn had, his and Abeline's relationship, Jay and Olive's awkward flirting:
All of these were, to his understanding, valid ships.
In truth, it was really just another way to meddle in other people's lives and choices.

Age differences didn't mean much to one who had a good shot at outliving the universe.
Years were relative to the world, anyway.
His own hand would drift along Vaseiya's middle, never quite inappropriate.
Why? You found someone cute yet?
The plain Nyllednian didn't pay much attention to wares so much as positioning, voices and trade.
Here, communication reined supreme. Here, he was right at home.
"I'd say ripped, but you do you, Olive.
You're not far wrong either way."

To the matter at hand, though.
Trusting the angel oak to guide him, the Rider closed his eyes and listened to the light, around and transmitting information.
Nothing solid, but the eddies in the flow were a little easier to pick up on.
"Lessee here. Should be a deal closing...
Yeah, just to the left, two stalls down.
Tailor stand."
Blind, his spare hand reached out, pointing unerringly to a specific storefront, where a rather stout red male was clasping arms with another...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navigation towards the source wouldn't be obstructed by much traffic.
If anything, it thinned the closer they got.
These folk seemed to favor narrow, crooked streets, somewhere between cozy and claustrophobic.
The two beasts could have walked shoulder-to-shoulder, but not comfortably, with no room for passerby.
Then again, it didn't seem to bother most of the inhabitants.
They, being tall and possessed of more than four limbs, tended to make use of jungle-gym-like bars and walkways protruding from the upper sides.
Traffic seemed to move smoothly enough, what little there still was of it.

I make it out to be somethin' we don't wanna screw with.
World-shaking's what got their race into this mess, and this is nowhere near as solid as a proper world.

Assuming the group didn't get lost in this maze of dwellings and places of established business, they'd come to another clearing.
Just as the bazaar, this place thrummed with noise.
Unlike the bazaar, this was a harmony of deep tones, rather than discordant yelling.
Seated in half-circles radiating outward, at least fifty Sanskara sat, facing inward, all intoning some mantra or incantation.
The grey souls Crow watched somehow spread beyond the chanter's bodies, each shedding a piece of itself to join something above, lost in a low cloud...  

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:01 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

Clenching onto her spear, the dragon woman carefully removed herself off of her mount. It gave her no comfort that even Glory had little clue as to what was going on.
He had even advised her to not interfere.
But he was not her master.

She had no intention of slaughter or malice, yet, but she did intend on finding out just what this was.
Should nobody stop her, she slowly creep her way towards the circle of Sansara. Should somebody try, she'd shove them aside like a child with her great strength.

Without looking back for reassurance, she crept forward.
Each step quiet and sure, like a hunter towards her prey.
Soon she would come up to one of them. He appeared male, at least to Kaliyah, and had a dark purple skin tone about him.
Squinting her eyes, she'd scan his body over, looking for any important details that there might be about this singled out Sansara.
Cautiously the dragon chief lifted the end of her spear (the non-pointy end) and would poke him, right in the chest, hoping to awake him or cause some sort of stir.
If any sudden movement were made she'd probably wack him in one of his many faces.
If no reaction, she'd proceed to poke him in the head.
She was eager to either start trouble or make something interesting happen, and nothing could stop her.
--------------------------------------------

You can only thank yourself for that one, Jay.
The Goddess would quietly
Olive's cheeks were faintly red as she looked at Jay in pure disbelief.
Besides getting wasted together, this was the epitome of their relationship. She wasn't sure what to make of that yet.
"I-I...uhhh, well uhm.
I'm your uhhh, I'm your partner? NO friend! Of course I'll protect you and ALL your body parts. Yah totally. "
If it wasn't obvious enough, she was at a complete lost for words.
I mean, how could you respond to such a thing?
How was it that Vasieya was so smooth about her ways?
Sheepishly she looked away and hyperfocused on a random pot resting on the floor somewhere.
Thank you for protecting my flank.... (???)"

True.
We do make a good pair.

In all her life, Abeline had only ever had two partners and that had been just fine for her. But now that she thought of it, her strongest bond had not been with them but rather with Scathan/Conquest. He was there when she escaped from her own ball that one night and he had been there even around her death. Strangely enough, the golden rider was the only one she could truly count on.
To his next inquiry, she merely smirked.
Not to say that the people in our group are not attractive...
But definitely not.
I'm really more interested in saving this universe than finding a new boyfriend.

When Conquest pointed to the fellows closing in on a deal, Abeline decided to remain focused on just that.
Finding their next path to the next book.
As that was, literally, the most important thing in the universe right now.

Walking up to the gentlemen, she'd interject herself in.
A light bow, she would speak softly.
""हैलो मित्रों। मेरा नाम अबेलिन है। हम आपकी राजकुमारी की तलाश में हैं, क्या आप हमें रास्ता दिखा सकते हैं?."

The translation was rough and she more than likely screwed a few words, but hopefully the meaning was clear. With hopefully eyes she looked up at them and anticipated their answer.

All the while, Vasieya was very quietly helping to guide Conquest away from bumping in to the tall creatures. It wasn't too crowded, but it was just enough so that every now and again she would move him slightly to the side to avoid brushing against someone.
Usually a talkative tree, she found herself in no needs of words right now.
The hero's were doing what they did best and honestly, she was just here to enjoy the ride.

(Hello friends. My name is Abelin. We are looking for your princess, can you show us the way?)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 am
The Assassin of Chaos

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 pm
(Sorry about not posting. Writer's block or something.)

Damn straight. I'm the best god-but-not-a-god ever.
"Try not to keep your eyes on mine all the time," Jay remarked to his food-named ally quietly, with a smaller grin.
"Tis a hypnotizing thang."
Anyway. "Why are we going to a tailor's stand anyway? My clothes are awesome and you know it."
He was probably the most lax right now, hands supporting behind his head and walking carefree. Mainly because right now nothing wanted him dead.

"So, uh... what's happening? Because I am tripping balls right now," Noire asked out of a curiosity born from boredom and narcotics. Mostly narcotics.
Looked like a ritual or a choir.
... Her mum read about choirs in a book, OK? Last time they tried to re-enact it, they just ended up getting shot at by the local old coot.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 am
lovebrookelyn

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

lovebrookelyn

Heart Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:26 pm
"I can see the auras lifting up to the center of their world," Crow said softly to Noire.
"Where the sky should be."

The Chief trailed after the bold Kaliyah, keeping back from sight, but close enough for support if something were to happen.
A dull thud hit against the Sansara under the dragon woman's spear.
His body jostled forward with no response to her prod but then remained still.

A confused huff escaped Crow's lips as she looked back at her allies.
With a subtle hand gesture, she beckoned them to come to observe from a distance.
Crow studied the aura travel patterns being sucked up into the lack of sky, building into a large cloud-like shape.

Her bright color shifting eyes scrutinized down on the people below.
Some of the faces were frozen in ghastly looks over fear and terror.
Otherwise, emotionless or drowsy.
Almost every one of the many faces before her had their multitude of eyes shut.

Finally, she picked a single face out with its eyes drooped open to faint slits.
Crow squinted, traveling forward on all fours, as she had already been crouched closer to the ground.
Struggling to see at first, her eyes suddenly focused and took in the detail of the small Sansara woman.

"Her eyes," She whispered to the others.
"They look like the sky before the rains."

She raised her arm to point at the woman with thickly clouded blue eyes, bringing her attention to her tribe.

"I do not think they are alive," She slowly said under her breath. "This aura is dead and it does not belong to these people..."

The cloud of gray aura rippled in the sky above them, although Crow was unsure if anyone else could see it.
The chanting stopped.
Suddenly, the eyes of the multitude before them all opened to slits, all of them clouded over with a milky blue.
The silence was suddenly deafening.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:13 am
The open-eyes and silence appeared to be the cue for someone to enter, stage right.
A lavender individual in a bright orange robe stepped towards the circles.
Physically, this one wasn't too impressive.
He carried a long staff in one of his four hands, and unusually for those they had seen, shaved his head bald.
On the staff was a metal ring, and three gold rings linked upon it, chiming in time with its' taps.
In another hand wrapped a string of beads, and the last two hung free.
If there was annoyance in him, it was well hid: he barely seemed interested in strangers.

Where the rings on that staff chimed, the gaze of the dead followed.
Winding a seemingly labyrinthine path through their seated ranks, sandaled feet made little noise.
It was only when he stood before Kaliyah and Crow that he spoke.
"सूत्र पूरा हुआ।
जो मरे हुए हैं उनसे अलग खड़े रहो।"
Standing outside the circles, the White Horse had been careful not to enter the formation.
Too much bulk, and he could easily move one of the chanters out of place.
Hey, Kali? Crow? He's asking you two to stand aside.
Looks like he's doin' a thing with all this soulstuff hangin' around, or the choir bodies, or...
I'unn'o, something like that. Y'all're in the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Being manhandled by a woman that could put him over her shoulder was an interesting experience.
The Rider found he really didn't mind, blowing a puff of air into her ear when she actually picked him up at one tricky point in traffic.
"Because, Jay, you wear 'em all at once.
That outfit's all you got for style, and we need to get you a wider wardrobe."
Not that Conquest had much room to talk.
He was basically wearing a catsuit and a belted robe over it.
Made one wonder where in hell all those pockets were...?
If she got handsy, it was entirely possible that Vaseiya would find some.

Both Sanskara, red and a sort of pale yellow, were staring at this odd woman.
Not merely for her appearance, strange as it was, but for her stilted manner of speech.
The red broke the confusion first.
"राजकुमारी? हम ब्रह्म का पालन करते हैं।"
The yellow held up a hand, to still his friend, silencing him.
Looking hard at not only Abeline, but her companions in turn, eventually his frontal gaze returned to her.
Slowly, as though remembering the words from a distance of decades...
"God is not princess. Brahma is Brahma.
Seek Shakti?"

(The sutra/formula is complete.
Stand aside from those who are dead.

Princess? We follow Brahma.)

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:17 pm
The Assassin of Chaos

(Sorry, been rlly lazy lately)

Olive's cheeks would flush once more, as she stumbled on words she could say to Jay that wouldn't make the situation worse for her.
"Well, uh, obviously..."
She's ramble for a few seconds more, before giving in to defeat.
"Right..." She'd exhale, her face looking like it was permanently sunburned...

Don't let all this flirting go to your head Jay
He'd suddenly hear from his shape-shifting companion, who seemingly hadn't spoken for quite a while.

As for Abeline, while she found the situation going on behind her amusing, she also thought it most important to remain focused on the mission.
The strange eyes they gave her gave her little discomfort.
In a way, it reminded her of the look she likely gave to Dhurva, the Sanskara ambassador, the first time he stepped into her temple.

When the words of her common tongue were spoken though, she was flushed with relief. Her tongue and lips struggled so much with the Sanskara language, it was no wonder they kept getting confused.
She nodded.
"Yes, we seek your Shakti.
Where can we find her?
It is very important. Urgent.
Can you lead us there?"

While Vasieya watched, still clinged to the riders arm, she mumbled under her breathe a bit.
"This language barrier would not be a problem if I could just kiss one of these creatures..."
After that, she wouldn't complain any more about it.
Vasieya was only a guest still, among all of these people.
If they didn't want her going about kissing folk for super powers, she would not.

------------------------

Kaliyah snarled immediately at this lavender man.
Whatever was going on here felt wrong to her.
Magic on the dead? Oravian's were executed in the worst ways imaginable if caught doing such a thing.

The bulky dragon woman would not move away on her own. Likely Glory would have to use his abilities to force her to the side.
In a defensive and alert posture, her gaze never left the purple man.
Like the reptilian she was, she waited for any sudden movements or any hints to quickly strike.

And her being a woman with little understanding of other cultures, she seemed to have little interest in discovering exactly what was even happening.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:55 pm
"...rosebud," Noire whispered slowly, to break the silence, before giggling to herself.
Aaaah, she didn't know why it was.
"माफ़ कीजिये! बस, उह ... असमंजस। और हार गया।" was her reply, and proceeded to stuff a bag of greens in Kaliyah's face. Namely marijuana... which stunk to high heavens. Hopefully it was likely catnip for Oravians or something...

(Sorry! Just, uh... confused. And lost.)

---

No promises, the assassin replied deftly without a second thought.
"Have any of us changed clothes since we started? ... Have you even used the toilet since we started?" Jay asked, semi-concerned. Holding it in that long was unhealthy.

(that makes two of us cosmos)  

The Assassin of Chaos
Crew

Perfect Garbage

10,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 am
lovebrookelyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:17 am
BhelliomBlue-Rose

Go ahead and post. razz  

cosmos_rose
Captain

Anxious Fairy

BhelliomBlue-Rose
Vice Captain

Militant Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:35 am
The only movement to the monk was the counting of beads on one hand and the billow of robe in the breeze.
He might as well have been a planted tree for all that Kaliyah's wariness and suspicion bothered him.
Pale blue eyes regarded the queen, unconcerned with her potential violence.
For all anyone understood of him, speaking his tongue or otherwise, he might have been commenting on the weather.
"क्या आप मृतकों की यात्रा में देरी करना चाहते हैं?
वे जीविका से दूर चलते हैं।"
The cloud had drifted downward, to those with spirit-senses, and begun to lazily encircle the plaza.
It would impede no one, simply drifting against the wind on its' own whim.

Ooookay, you're going way over the top here.
Need you to bring it back for me, mm'kay? Mmkay.
Abeline never tell you about what happens when these dudes die?

He wouldn't drag her away just yet, but the eye would sieze on her back, pulling her center of gravity off just a bit.
Noire's bag of fun would probably do the rest of the job, forcing the dragon queen off-balance.
The greens might well have the effect of catnip, given how closely draconic behavior resembled feline.
They needed an edge here, as Glory wasn't looking forward to throwing down with some master of the dead or whatever the was going on here.

The staff had not chimed again, though the breeze had picked up a little.
Beads rattled as the wind toyed with them.
If Kaliyah was not moved, he would stay planted, nonthreatening, unassailable.
If she was, the saffron robe would move along his winding way, rings chiming at every step.
Either way, he would ask, voice the same if he stood before or faced away:
"तुम कहाँ जा रहे हो?"

-------------------------------------------------------

The one that understood paid close attention, still either out of practice or unfamiliar with Oravian.
Slowly still, but picking up speed, the yellowish male responded.
"Shakti being everywhere. Being you. Being her.
Seek... expression? Avatar?"
There were words that did not easily translate, and it took time to find the appropriate ones.
Many words for God, of course, but those words were names, and each named a different... face.
Perhaps faceted, like a cut gem.

"Can take you.
All meet Shakti.
...Sure you path?"
Though their Lords did not discriminate, great or small, meeting a god was never a light undertaking.
Even if these were Firstborn, rather than gods, was there really such a vast difference?

Her complaints did little to the Rider's grin, though his hand slipped a bit lower, from waist to the crease between hip and thigh.
Still technically appropriate, but boundaries were being tested.
"Their lord'll speak our tongue just fine.
They tend to speak all tongues, if my memory's right.
Or not bother with words. One of those."
Conquest didn't know much about this Sphere, saving that his brothers were held in greater esteem in its' rival.
Besides, her conquests weren't his yet. Couldn't have Vaseiya showing him up in that regard.

Somwhow, he managed to give Jay a look over his shoulder.
While he hadn't changed clothes, there was a cantrip to clean them that his sire had picked up.
Useful piece of knowledge, really.
"Course I have. I know I'm awesome, but there's times for not being the center of attention.
Ain't into people watchin' me go, man."

(Do you want to delay the journey of the dead?
They walk away from living.
Where are you going?)

Closed Books RPG (active)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games