Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 am
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Rian's offer of support was met with a small smile. She took the other's arm and looked back over of the dragonets, "Yeah....Thank you. It's a bit painful to walk on." She let the other assist her to the edge, sitting to let a healer attend her. She was one of the lucky ones, when it came to dragon injuries. This was deep, sure, but the most it would do was perhaps give her a limp for a while? She doubted it would be much more than that, especially since they had such talented healers! "I appreciate the help. I'm Aelyx, by the way."

Redbud-Tree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:54 am
Huarwar and Green Miershoth

Allowing himself to sit back a bit more and relax, Huarwar let his attention move from Aelyx and towards the dragonet. The young bronze showcasing red eyes had scared his blue brother into backing away and right into Aelyx. He couldn’t hear her cry of pain from where he was, but he could almost feel it. His body tended as he half rose from his seat, frozen in place for a moment.

Sit down. You cannot do anything to help here Mine. You cannot even go to her right now. Miershoth’s words were tinged with reassurance and a bit of a command to her rider. Aelyx, it is not too serious is it? Our Huarwar does not want to take my word for it that you are, and will be, fine.

Hearing Miershoth’s words to Aelyx and seeing another help her to the side to a healer was enough for the man to sit back down and let the breath he had been holding seep out in a long sigh.

“MaraRune”
Worryworry

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:00 pm
En'cai of bronze Spurth

"Oh. Well. Something we have in common then," En'cai said with a smile. "Just a little unsettling to suddenly have her attention, right?" The only time En'cai wanted that sort of attention was, well. When he wanted it. On his own terms. Preferably for good reasons.

Attention directed back to the Sands, the big man leaned forward again, nodding eagerly. "Yeah, I've been watching him. Full of energy, that whuh--" He sat back, brow furrowing. "...maybe a little too much energy. Poor kid. I mean, it can't be too bad. She's still standing..."

Mine? There was concern in Spurth's thought, an answer to a sudden dip in En'cai's enthusiasm.

It's okay. Everyone's fine. Mostly fine. A Candidate got gored by the little blue. He's a speedy little guy and he tripped and ... she's fiiiine. He hoped.

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:40 pm
Veikel

The candidates who had been egg-rolled seemed no worse for the wear and so Veikel allowed himself a few breaths on that end. It wasn't until a specifically peppy blue started making his moves that first blood was spilled. Thankfully (again) it looked as though the candidate in question was able to move - not entirely under her own power - but not completely down. That was good, that was good, and Veikel positioned himself ready to help.

Bandages, check. Numbweed and redwort, check. Internal screaming? Always.

MaraRune
here to help, if you'd like!

--

Haveli

Ugh, yes, Haveli knew that feeling all too well. As she watched the blue accidentally grab hold of another candidate and gore away, her mind flipped back to barely six months ago and how she could entirely relate to whatever that poor girl was feeling. It had been an energetic blue for Haveli as well, so it was almost humorous. Perhaps when this was over she'd go and find the wounded girl and they could bond over shared traumas on the sands.

As it were she needed to focus, keep thoughts welcoming (but not overly) towards all the dragonets on the sands. The bronzes were a wash, but the brown (hah) and the blue could perhaps look her way.

----

Maishel

"How uncooth." Certainly this wasn't at all what Maishel was expecting, but then again it was falling in line with all the information she'd read about prior to coming here. The romance of it all still hadn't worn off so there was that, and she simply shifted where she sat in order to watch more.

---

Yura

"No need to feel bad or anything, since I left for High Reaches nearly two turns ago. I only made it back for the touching, what with all the....bad...blood..." Was there still bad blood? Even though Sorsha was basically an old friend she was a goldrider and he needed to be careful just in case. Thankfully he didn't need to try too hard as events on the sands were picking up and everyone could always talk about babies and eggs and oh dear, someone got mauled.

"That looks painful."

tatterpixie

---

Oreune

After watching a candidate go down, all Oreune could do was whisper back to Finn. "Looks like she'll be needing quite a few drinks after all of this. We all might, if something bad happens." Except she already said she wasn't going to drink, so Oreune just rubbed her arms with her hands as though chilled. No one wanted to get hurt at a hatching because injuries could prevent you from ever standing again. You could also die but.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:49 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

"It really looks like it hurts, too," Rian said, and moved out of the way so the injured candidate could be tended to. She didn't feel quite like it would be a good idea to move back without at least introducing herself, though --- and making sure she was alright, too; she was invested in this now and it wouldn't be right to not be sure.

"It's no trouble; you needed the help, so I helped," she said, tucking a few stay hairs behind her ear (to no avail, as they simply fluffed out around it instead). "My name's Rian." She didn't think she needed to say that she was one of the High Reaches candidates; they would already know each other if she was from western, after all!

Oooh, she really shouldn't linger here, she couldn't be of much more help than she already had been, and the dragons were still hatching. And speaking of, she'd almost missed it with the injury, but more eggs were moving and looked really close to hatching. That meant an awful lot of little dragons out on the Sands all at once, didn't it? That could be good or really bad, depending on the dragonets' personalities...

MaraRune

houllow
Just because Rian helped Aelyx get to the edge!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:06 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

I do not want to do that again, Eorawth complained to Z'haq. To Spurth he updated, It's all good. Candidate who was injured is being helped off the sands. No new hatchings to report, but a number of eggs are now moving.

Z'haq mentally acknowledged his beloved bronze, then turned his attention back to the sands. "If that's the only injury we have today, we'll be doing good. We can hope, right?" He looked over at En'cai, giving the big bronzerider his familiar grin. "Only one more bronze needs to hatch for me to win my wager. Then they have to Impress Western Candidates!"

Samuel Carlin

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:17 pm
Sorsha of Gold Leoth

Sorsha wondered at her childhood friend's reserved behavior. She knew things were different at High Reaches -- for one thing, golds were treated like royalty there and were expected to be obeyed implicitly -- but she was a Western gold rider, and things were different here. Despite what Leoth occasionally hinted at, all dragons were equal, at least to the riders.

She saw Yura react to something on the sands and turned her attention back just in time to see blood gushing from the wound on the girl's leg. "Ouch," she winced, "that does look bad. I hope it's mendable! We have really good healers here though -- they should be able to fix her up before she loses too much blood." She hoped.

"Anyway, I'm really glad to see you!" A bright smile crossed Sorsha's heavily freckled face and she leaned against Yura's shoulder. "Now that I'm graduating, I'll be able to come visit!"

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:34 pm
[ candidate lyfrocier ] - he/him - western

"To be truly honest, I never really allowed myself to think of being a dragonrider at all." Lyfrocier gave a small shrug, turning just a bit to glance at Sablie. "So...I haven't had a color in mind." All the same, here he was. Was it too late to start fantasizing in better detail? Probably. Still, that wasn't a bad thing, he reasoned--he didn't have his heart set on any idea of a dragon, and he'd be fine no matter what happened.
The Green Tribal Bronze was certainly making a show of it, though, and the trumpeting disrupted his thoughts before they could get much farther. He could see the whirling red of his eyes from here, and Lyf tensed up just a touch, trying to anticipate the hatchling's moves before they happened.

"I'd get ready, if I were you. We may yet be getting up close and personal with these hatchlings, but maybe not how we're hoping."

Dea and #Teddy#
hewwo!!

------

[ candidate alisaide ] - they/he - high reaches

There's a girl nearby, currently looking like she was going through a lot in a very short amount of time--if Alisaide had to guess, she was either at her first Hatching, or the ones she'd been to had been remarkably mild. They scooted a bit closer, keeping one eye on the dragonets the whole time so as to avoid any potential mishaps. There was a very upset Bronze out and about right now, and they didn't intend to draw his ire if they could help it.

"Hey." they began, hoping their voice would be enough to get her attention back outside of her own head. Alisaide recognized her from classes, and they were banking on a friendly face being at least somewhat reassuring. "Thought you could use some backup, so. Here I am!" They drew up their most comforting smile, taking a moment to adjust their glasses in order to get a better look at Eliaza. "Are you doing alright, though?

Samuel Carlin
howdy, eliaza!!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:44 pm
Whren- High reaches Weyr - He/Him

"I'm not too impressed with myself right now, so I guess I understand your disinterest." Whren muttered quietly as he watched the butterfly bronze attempt to hide under his egg shell. He kept his thoughts open and placid as he could. He wished he could be more welcoming but keeping things calm and gentle was the best he could manage at the moment. "Though there always the stands." He had no doubt such a magnificent bronze would find his when he was ready.

There was a cheerful brown as well on the sands, and a rather sweet seeming little blue. Yes, blood had been shed but through baby clumsiness. Little thing was still getting his feet from under him. And then there was the second bronze and he hadn't touched that egg, but he was certain that Jemi had and mentioned something about that egg.

He was a handsome thing, and certainly knew his worth. Whren admired him, looking over the gleaming hide and the trumpeting call to announce his worth. A confident bronze.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 pm
Bronze Turoth

Turoth had been watching quietly since the Candidates had started to file onto the sands, keeping close to Khamaith and Baihath. The little white could be the excitement incarnate of all three parents, but Turoth would be the steady rock by the young queen's side, ready and willing to be there should trouble arise. He wasn't terribly concerned, of course. This being his third clutch he'd sired and one of countless he attended, Turoth knew hatchings could be quite wild.

So far, though, everything was going quite well. A bronze had been the first to hatch and Turoth would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit proud of that. Then another hatched, and another, and oh, oh dear...that did seem to be quite the rude awakening for Green Tribal. He was still the picture of calm and happy, though, right up until Khamaith tensed beside him.

Turning his large head towards Z’haq, he watched with a steady gaze as Khamaith reprimanded him gently but firmly for his rather tone-deaf comment. He shifted where he lay, brushing against Khamaith's side to reassure her that she was in the right, and the swift apology was mollifying. But further comments started to fly about, nothing said with explicit malice but certainly things no one who had ever been to a hatching before would expect from newly hatched dragons.

Turoth could feel Khamaith's agitation growing and, knowing that her attention should be on her children, he lifted his head once more to gaze up into the stands. Turoth was as large as a bronze could be and could certainly make himself intimidating if he wanted, but he had very emotionally vulnerable children before him and he didn't wish to upset them.

Perhaps it would be best if those observing were reminded that baby dragons are unpredictable and every Candidate down here knows what they are risking to possibly find Theirs. Khamaith's attention will be on her children, assuring their needs are met should they have any. The Candidates will be seen to by themselves and A'ral. There is nothing uncouth about an upset baby, nor a rambunctious one. If you have any further concerns, it may be best that you leave. His tone wasn't aggressive, but everyone in the stands would certainly be able to feel the fatherly disappointment and disapproval of the few muttered words and thoughts that had reached their ears and minds. Really, the Candidates were being better behaved than those who were watching!  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm
Aelyx - Western - She/Her

Aelyx offered the girl another smile, sending a warm thought back to Miershoth. Tell Huarwar it's fine. He was trying to get his balance and I'm....It hurts, but I'll be okay. The worst that'll happen is a limp! Best to reassure her lover. Veikel got another reassuring smile, "Hi." Time to get helped, she supposed, "It's...hopefully not as bad as it looks? Thank you for the help." Faranth, it really did hurt. Her nose twitched and she leaned down, gently raising her robe. "Rian. You should go watch the eggs and dragonets! I'll come say hi again once I'm all patched up. Really. It's nothing to worry about."

Redbud-Tree

BastetAmun

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:58 pm
Odellet Western Weyr - She/Her

Odellet wasn't much of a stranger to blood and spats, though it seemed that getting potential between two sparring dragons would be a bad idea. The blue seemed mostly okay even sporting a few n** marks now. The bronze though seemed pretty cranky at that.

"Poor fellow, bet he had everything planned out for this day. Everything but his siblings actions." She shook her head and looked up at the younger next to her. "You doing okay?" she questioned, relaxed and well it didn't hurt to admire his highness. He was a handsome creature that was for sure.

tatterpixie
Trude

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm
En'cai of bronze Spurth

"Only one more?" He looked down at the eggs that were wobbling but yet unhatched, and the others who hadn't twitched yet. "Still a lot of eggs down there that haven't shared their secrets, yet." Though more than three bronzes would be sort of incredible odds, wouldn't it? "And all Western candidates?" His grin was back with force. "Don't want to share?"

Of course, then Turoth's voice cut over everything, and that broad grin stuttered a bit. "Erh. Those three are big on a hands-off approach toward their little ones, I guess."

tatterpixie
What have you done? XD

----

Eliaza

She was definitely feeling some kind of way, and was very much living in her own head. It wasn't the best state of mind, probably, but it wasn't the worst, either. At least she'd managed to wrangle her feelings into a sort of order.

Then there was a voice and a body and Eliaza jumped a little. Noticable but not embarrassing. Still, some color crept into her cheeks again, darkening her heat-aided blush. "Oh! Oh, er. I'm fine. I'm ... yes, I'm fine," she decided, then offered Alisaide a smile. "I didn't quite understand how much was going to happen all at once, I guess." Understatement. She stood a little straighter, though, because she wasn't alone now, and asked, "What about you? Are you all right?" They looked pretty all right to her.

Zaikt
Hello!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:16 pm
Trude

"Huh?" Trude whipped her head around at the voice suddenly speaking to her. "Oh, hi! Sorry, I was kind of caught up in what was going on." She had seen this girl in Candidate training and at the Touching, but had to think for a moment for her name. "Odd! Right!" she said aloud and smiled at the girl. "I'm really terrible with names, sorry."

Once more she looked over to where the girl who had been hurt -- Aelyx, she thought -- was being helped off the sands, while the little blue merrily bounded amongst the Candidates. "I.. guess I'm okay? I guess people get hurt all the time at Hatchings. It's still a bit... upsetting? I guess." Trude tried to keep her thoughts focused on the babies, eyeing the aggressive bronze. "I guess even bronze dragons have bad days..."

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:29 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

Once more Z'haq found himself being reprimanded by one of the parents. "I guess," he replied to En'cai, thinking on his response to Turoth. My apologies, I meant no harm or disrespect toward you or Khamaith, or your children for that matter. If you wish me to leave, I shall, but I promise you there will be no further commentary from me regarding either of your parenting abilities.

Sitting back, the Wingleader took a deep breath to steady his thoughts. He truly hadn't intended on upsetting either Turoth or Khamaith -- he was only making an observation based on previous experience. "I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut for the rest of this Hatching." Shaking his head, he looked at the big man. "It's probably the best way to proceed..."

Samuel Carlin
Z'haq has been put in his place XD

SilverLutz
Chagrin, thy name is Z'haq XD

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items