Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
.|| Chapter 8: The Grand Market ||. OVER! Thanks Everyone! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 am
Nasuri - Post 2

“I agree,” Nasuri looped her arm around her brothers and began walking about. “Mother has always been afraid for us but here, here…” She let out a content sigh. “There are so many from the Wind tribe as well as other wind hybrids like us.” She wanted to do and touch it all. “How about we try some food from Sauti?” Their mother seemed to have completely given up on her Wind culture, but Nasuri found it both exciting and intriguing at once. They knew Oba well, but did not know much of Sauti, perhaps she would visit here first when she decided to leave home.

Elyessi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:10 am
Tasinei

Elyessi

The Only Black Uke

Nivalis - Post 2

All of her sisters seemed quite agitated by the proceedings. If not just because of the earthlings, than also because of hybrids and unfamiliarity and the food. How could Naqenni be concerned about food? How often did a meal actually hurt someone? Rarely, as far as Niva was concerned. And surely if even the earthlings, with their small, weak bodies could eat it, it would pose no threat to an Elaria. Presumably. Besides, she was here, and she wanted it, and when would she get another chance? Maybe never. Or probably not for another decade, anyway.

Still, she supposed she couldn't blame the older girls for their caution. There were a great many new things happening all at once, and living on a secluded island for the entirety of their lives didn't lend itself to much preparation for anything this... grand.

"Wait." Nivalis came to an abrupt halt, lightly tugging on Naqenni's hand to encourage the same and extending an arm to stall her other sisters behind her. She brushed fingers lightly over her temple, closed her eyes, and tipped her chin skyward. "I'm getting a sense that... Yes, yes, I can see that everything will go as well as we each expect it to. It's..." She scanned the scene, and her eyes landed on the ground. "Written clearly in the footprints of thousands of travelers." She shot each of the girls as serious a look as she could manage. "You best all start expecting good things, or it'll be all your fault if something bad happens! You should trust my instincts. I would know if something were to go awry."

It was all nonsense, of course, but no one else needed to know that.

Satisfied that her antics had at least a passable chance of producing positive results, Niva moved forward again. "Anyway, if you all really do have concerns, we could reduce the length of our stay if we separated to seek out the things I actually came for. I don't suppose there's any reason to be in this crowd under that sun for longer than we must, and we'd be even less noticeable in smaller groups, anyway."

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

Alethryia

Seasonal Guildswoman

10,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:02 am
Aylin || Post 2

Tasinei
For Ziel if you'd like. 3nodding

User Image

As she moved from one stand to another, Aylin gradually traded the weight of coin she had brought for gifts and mementos. She was by no means frivolous, every purchase was thought out- was this what she should buy for Biroki, or would there be something better later? No, no this would do quite nicely, a beautiful scene burnt into a panel of wood was just the sort of thing he’d appreciate as a poem between growth and destructive forces to create something uniquely beautiful.

Now the tantalizing scents wafting from the plethora of food stalls were calling her name, with having only had one other brief stint out of Jauhar so many of these smells were foreign- but no less appetizing. She walked towards the vendors from Yaeli (she doubted she’d ever make it to the island, so why not try out the food while it was so available) and stood behind an interesting young woman. She was perhaps a prentice? Definitely a hybrid, with similar coloration and markings to Ondine, the Shifter-Matori hybrid she had battled at the Oban tournament in the Prentice bracket and later reconnected with at the festival for Serin. She hoped she wasn’t staring too openly, she was always just so intrigued by hybrids, and had a surprisingly large number of encounters with them given her own few years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:19 am
Kesmi

Nadiya - 2

Blinking Nadiya glanced in over with surprise at her sister's request, "Since when did you get interested in sewing?" She teased lightly before nodding, "But that's fine by me. Maybe I can pick up something that mother would like." Not that she was a good seamstress herself, but still the girl had some experience with tinkering around silks and other cloths. Either way it was just nice to see how excited her sister was, "Lead the way and I'll follow~" Nadiya grinned playfully, "Then we can load up on all the goods!"

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Sabra Knight

Neryssa
Post 2

Neryssa squinted at her older sister, those golden eyes watching her for a moment before she turned on a heel. "Well I'm not going to dance in just anything." She grumbled lightly, looking back over her shoulder. "I'm not THAT type of dancer that wears nothing." Well that went south before she looked around again. "Besides, I need something to do between times. Why not take up sewing?"

With her mind abuzz with all the excitement, she hadn't really been listening. Spinning around again, surveying the ground before heading over towards where the smells of food came from. "First things first, lets get something to eat. I'm starving." She called back, not exactly stopping or looking where she was going for a moment before dashing forwards through the crowds. Her pink sash flapping like a flag behind her.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:08 pm
Shea Post 2

The amount of people that were at the market surprised him to no end. Pure bloods and hybrids. And.. well more hybrids that he wasn't even sure what they had in them! So many traits all in one person. It was weird to see! Shea blinked a few times over then shook his head and looked away. He needed to ignore the strange mixes and look for pure leaflings. He had people to find after all! Maybe there was a place that his kind was gathering at and he could just look for his Uncle and cousins there? One could only hope.

(( Shea is open if anyone is interested. ))

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm
Heras Box
Throwing Ondine near him/at him if I can get a second post before the mule!

Ondine 1

Ondine was wandering around with a but of a strut in her step, her dark skin standing out amongst most of those around her. Although she fit in well with the shifters, the biggest difference was the fact her skin was blended, with lighter markings. It made her different than nearly every other person out there, and Ondine thrived on the thought. It was why she loved meeting others who were unique, like Tyyn. Might as well stick together after all.

In an afterthought, Ondine wondered if she'd see her brawling buddy somewhere in the crowd.

As she wandered away from the middle, she casually entered the 'Tale District' so to speak, or the area where most Tale wares were being sold.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:01 pm
User Image User Image|| IC ||

Antiope and Enki moved casually through the crowd, the shifter making quite a bit of noise while her companion was sharply looking at each person he passed. Both greeted familiar faces; Freya was wandering around with Besian near the Matori section, Vescillea was striking up conversation with some of the elder Sautians, and they even saw the quiet Yansa standing outside the masses near the Alkidike camps.

Outside of the familiar faces, they took the time to interact with the new ones wandering around the area. They smiled and nodded to those loitering around the food stalls, they laughed at those who stumbled away from the heavier drinks. They oohed at the fabrics and sales, and joined conversations about the quality of the goods from around the world. At least, Antiope did most of that, while Enki continued to watch.

As the day wore on, the two settled near an open space in the middle of the market. Tables were scattered around, places for people to share meals during the evening when a great fire pit would rise. It would be a celebration each night to end the day, where food vendors made their best dishes and shared them with each other. The best part, at least in Antiope's eyes, was that this year many vendors claimed to have 'hybrid' meals that mixed the food and spices of the world to create an entirely new taste.

Sitting on the top of the table, with her feet resting on the seat, Antiope grinned toward Enki before spreading her arms wide, "Who would have known such a great big world of culture existed on Tendaji!"

|| OOC ||

Time is moving slightly forward! Although it isn't a major jump, be aware that the next post will move the current time to late afternoon.

Suhuba
Captain

Elyessi
Crew

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:08 pm
Aeuri Post 3

He had to admit, even he was frustrated with how overbearing their mother was...they were teenagers after all! They were mature enough to go to school and begin fighting (if they wished), so why did she still coddle them after all this time? The thought wasn't too strong, and he brushed it off. Orin was the one who seemed the most antsy about their mother's behavior, there was no need for Aeuri to add to it.

Instead, he nodded at his sister, the two walking around and toward the food stands, "That sounds really good..."

He wanted to know more about his mother's side, a side he never really saw since he lived in Oba. Grinning, he grabbed Nasuri's arm and pulled her toward some of the vendors, pulling out some coin and nodding for some of the fish from the deep pools of the lakes. It was fried and on a stick, with unique seasoning he could smell and tell it was much different than Oba.

Getting one for his sister, he turned and handed it to her.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:22 pm
Masika Post 2

After looking over the fabrics in the stall she moved on. Her mother had gone elsewhere so she was left with her Aunt to walk around with. Something that didn't bother her too much since she still got to see everything. By the time they had passed the merchants with items to offer she was hungry so she pulled Keket along to find something to eat.

It was a task a lot harder than she thought! The smells that reached her were all delicious and the treats looked amazing. Masika could hardly pick which she wanted to delight in. So she drew in her bottom lip and chewed on it with indecision, a habit she no doubt inherited from her mother.

((Masika is open.))  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm
Shea Post 3

He managed to find a place that had more of the Talean goods being sold and thought that was as good a place as any to start looking for his family. Shea looked and looked but after a while the leaflings started to blur together and he sighed in frustration. Why was it so hard to find people? Then something caught his eye. Someone that stood out. Someone in a color he had seen before!

Instantly he moved forward and reached out a hand to touch the girl on the shoulder. "Ziel! Hey.." Who knew that he'd run into the hybrid girl again!? Though it wasn't who he was looking for at the moment. Still, he was glad to have someone he knew around. "Am I glad to see you, Ziel.." Then something strange stood out about this one.. "Hey where's your hair..?" Shea blinked a few times before he took his hand away from the hybrid.

"You're... not Ziel." Well that was obvious now.

Elyessi
Ondine~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:35 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Lixes - Post 3

After his brother had spent some time starring in the direction of his 'princess' Lixes moved to lead the way. It was all well and fine that his brother wanted to stare off in Jerami's direction but for the moment it seemed as though Jerami was busy with his sisters. Hopefully his dreamy, moon eyed brother could chat with him later, but for now it was time to do more then stand around. It was time to go forth, to find stuff to do, food to eat, and various other things that they could do as a team! Lifting a hand up he jumped up so he could ruffle his hair.

"How about while we are out running around the market you find something for Jerami? It would give you a good reason to approach him." He told him before he hurried forward toward a booth in which they were cooking rather delicious looking meat over a fire. That was the first thing that he wanted right there he thought to himself as he ordered a few of the skewers, offering half of them to Drexl, "Here you go! We are going to need to eat something if we are going to take on the inspection of as much of the Grand Market as possible."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:36 pm
V'demhe Post 3

She had just settled Valharii onto her hip when she looked up at who it was the girl had run into. Dem took a moment when the man seemed to know her name. Blinking her large black eyes she tilted her head as her antennae gave a twitch. "I... You.. You're Callum." She had to search for the name but it was him all right! He looked different. She smiled at him in a friendly way before her gaze dropped to his lip and saw the ring there.

A brow lifted upon seeing it and she began to play with her own. Yep, she remembered him very clearly now. Though he hadn't had that then. "You look very different from last I saw you." V'deme then gave her attention to Sol since he was standing so close and well.. staring. Of course she thought he was simply adorable. All colors. She studied his face for a moment then looked back at Callum. The hybrid boy was a little younger than Masika. Interesting. Of course that brought her mind back around to the little one she held in her arms. "Ah, forgive me. Callum this is Valharii, my daughter." It would be plain to see that the girl was adopted since there was no trace of Alk within her.

Painted Moose
Callum and Sol~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:47 pm
Kalliope Post 3

She looked at him with a mischievous smirk before she was assaulted with the stuffed mammu. Kalli leaned back and shook her head as laughter escaped her. "Ouen! Her hands came up to swat at the stuffed animal before she finally just moved away and put her hands on her hips. Her baby belly stuck out as she stood like that and she gave him as serious a look as she could. "You big goof. I wasn't thinking anything big anyways." The bigger stuff could be bought closer to home and she saw no sense in getting expensive baby things if the child would outgrow them.

Kalli shook her head and reached for the mammu that he had in his hand. "It is kinda cute though. Maybe we can get one of a radaku? Like Shen?" She didn't think that they would find one exactly like Ouen's familiar but maybe just a plain grey one? "Or maybe we can look into one of those fur blankets for the baby? It would be soft right?" The dancer thought about it. A stuffed animal would be cute but a nice warm blanket could be practical.

Stereochrome
XD So mean Ouen.

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:09 pm
jayoku

Gyuri - Post 3

Gyuri gave a smile as the two of them walked along toward where the musicians were located, wanting to give Borra all of the time he needed to look around. He glanced his way, giving him a surprised looked as he said he was thinking about replacing his lute. He wanted to replace his lute? Even though he'd had it for so long? Was it breaking down since it was on the older side? He gave a thoughtful sound before asking, "Is it damaged?"

"Ohhh." So he felt that it might help as far as inspiration went then? He was stuck in a rut? Did that mean that he shouldn't be bothering Borra with his own thoughts, feelings, and such because he was having issues of his own at the moment? He gave a thoughtful sound before he lifted a hand, resting it on Borra's head, giving his hair a little ruffle before he said, "If you need anything at all to help just tell me." He would see how things went and if they went smoothly for Borra then he would bring up what he was thinking Gyuri decided, knowing that it wasn't something that could be put off forever.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff