Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Orb of Kendar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:07 am
Being slightly less groggy than Ambra, for who knows what reason, Aelgeirr chose to elaborate. "Basically, the area around this town is ...wrong. It draws monsters and animals to it. The Orb of Kendar helps correct this and if what I remember is true, it worked really well in this regard.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:44 am
Mikah, the faithful seeker.

The girl listened quietly. This orb of kendar sounded k**e a matter that should not be taken lightly.- I knew there was something unnatural that was making all these creatures so aggressive!- The sudden burst of energy would probably take her companions by surprise. Her hands slammed into the mayor's desk and leaned forward.- How could something so valuable was just stolen! where was all of your security? surely you have at least a witness!.  

Mik4ilah

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:28 pm
"Sssomething like that," the mayor would comment in response to Aelgeirr's explanation. "Okay, time for a history lesson. This town was settled over a century ago, though at the time it was just a few tends and some really excellent land. However, the settlers were prone to being attacked by monsters and wild beasts, far more than they expected to. On a near nightly basis, they were attacked again and again, and the longer they stayed, the greater the intensity seemed to become."

"A traveling human wizard of some renown, named Kendar, happened by and was told of the settlers' plight. He crafted an artifact, an orb, to help them. He explained that arcane leylines that run across the many lands intersected here, in such a way that it created a lure for more primitive beasts, while making them more aggressive. It was the thing that kept drawing them to this land. What Kendar's orb did, was 'reverse the polarity', in such a way that it repelled and subdues the beasts. As long as it remained where the leylines intersected, it would keep Clearwell safe."

"And it did! As the records show, the attacked stopped immediately, and there had not been one reported since."
The Mayor would then turn to an upset Mikah, seemingly unimpressed with her display. "We don't know how it was stolen, yet. There's a tiny tower Kendar erected which chambered the orb, and it is guarded. As awful as this is to say, it's a miracle we noticed it went missing at all. Since the tower is only about fifteen feet tall and has but one entrance, it normally remains sealed. One of the guards on duty thought he had heard something inside, and when he checked, saw the orb was no longer there. They immediately reported it, and the defense you saw last night was what we had managed to whip up in less than an hour before the attacks happened."

"Madam mayor, if I may?" the lieutenant would interrupt.

"Go ahead."

"Frankly, we have our hands full with keeping the peace, playing defense, and covertly searching for the orb within Clearwell's boundaries. We aren't sure the specifics of the properties, so it could have simply been grabbed by some ruffian. But after losses last night, we're short handed. No, there's no witness yet, because we haven't had time to find one. And since we're being on the level here, I'm hoping to cajole you four into assisting us. The mayor can deputize you temporarily, if you're willing to lend us aid in getting the orb back."

The mayor would sort of shrug and nod, as if doubtful of the officer's plan.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 am
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Dwalin crossed his arms, shaking his head at what he considered to be incompetence on their part "So if i have this correct, somebody had managed to slip past the guards and get into the tower, steal the orb AND retreat without ever once being seen by anybody as far as you know?" the dwarf turned his head towards Mikah at her outburst, he made him chuckle slightly "You remind me of your father, he would of reacted the exact same way. Looking back towards the mayor and lieutentant "Now who's in charge of the guard for this town?"

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:55 am
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Ambra would listen closely to the mayor's explanation of events leading up to the disaster of last night. She had heard of the convergence of such leylines before in class on magical theory. For that wizard to make such an artifact he had to be a powerful spell caster well beyond her experience.

No sooner than Zathers had finished his request, Ambra raised her hand and responded. "I volunteer to help with this case. It would be an honor to support the people of this town!" The face of the barmaid that had died in Ambra's arms kept playing back in her mind. She didn't want that to happen to anyone else. Even though the events of last night were the scariest thing she had ever experienced, if she could make a difference, she had to try.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:51 pm
The eladrin would shrug. "I"ve got nothing better to do. Seems a bit of tracker's work though."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:37 am

The girl hesitated for a moment. She wanted to help but she was worried that she might loose track of her father; however, she felt as if there was no choice.- He wouldn't forgive me If he found out I didn't help.- She thought to herself before finally saying her answer.- I'm going too. You'll need someone to track that thief after all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:19 pm
Lieutenant Zathers would hesitate for a second, then respond to Dwalin. "That would be myself, currently. I'm second in command, but the captain is currently away on family matters. But I don't see what that has to do with anything."

But he would look to the others. "I think it isn't a huge leap to claim that all of Clearwell is grateful for your assistance. Mayor?"

Mayor Liartes would nod and begin quickly scribing something. "I'm making you all a set of writs explaining that you are temporarily under my employ, and that should keep the questions to a minimum." She would pause and look up at Dwalin, which the officer took note of.

"Are you going to be aiding us as well, master dwarf? Or are you content flaunting imagined jurisdictions? I doubt whomever stole the orb is some petty crook, so your aid I think would still help improve chances of victory."

Whatever his response, the mayor would speak to you all next, be it three or four. "You are officially deputized. Your employment will last until the completion of this case, or determination that the orb has been forever lost. You'll find the pay substantial, with an added incentive if you can return it here before nightfall." She would slide the documents to the edge of her desk.

With that, you guys are free to begin your investigation, be it questions in here here or searching out there.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 pm
"I don't know about you all, but I think it's worthwhile to check with the inn. See if there was anyone else that checked in recently...hrrm...

Aelgeirr would go off to pursue his lead unless someone stopped him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:19 pm
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Ambra would speak up. "That sounds like a good idea but should we not first check out the tower to see if we can learn any clues to the thief's identity?"

Ambra would turn to the mayor. "Um Ma'am, where is tower from here?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:44 pm
Addressing Ambra, the mayor would respond, "It is a few minutes' walk from here, west by northwest. It should be visible before you get to it, it stands about fifteen or so feet tall. Also, it's a tower. I can't say I've ever understood wizards' propensity for towers."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 am

I think we should split up!.- Mikah took a moment to listen to their Ideas and figure what could be the best course of action. - We'll cover more ground this way. I'll go to the tower with Ambra, If there is a trail to be found I will do that.  

Mik4ilah

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:49 pm
"Then I'm off to the inn. Didn't the innkeeper sound a bit dodgy when we checked in?"

Aelgeirr would wave and take his leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:50 pm
Mik4ilah
I think we should split up! We'll cover more ground this way.

Mik4ilah, you are my favoritest player ever.

------------------------------

@ Mika, Ambra:

Assuming the two of you do, in fact, go to the tower, it is not too difficult to find - the tower was somewhat noticeable as you neared it (you probably couldn't see it from the edge of town, but you probably could easily from a tree branch). Also, it was surrounded by about... 20 citizens that seemed disgruntled and angry and was demanding answers of the two guards that were stationed there; one, a late-teens human male with blond hair, the other a half-orc in his early twenties that looked kind of stressed out, the latter doing his best to keep the mob at bay.

"Please, please, just return to your homes! I don't like repeating myself, but there's nothing to accomplish here! Please, just... just go home, okay??" He seemed to be on the verse of having a breakdown, while his human comrade seemed incredibly on edge.

--------------------

@ Aelgeirr:

You return to the Cat's Cradle, and see a man, human, about the same age category as Zelda from the previous night, making some aesthetically unappealing repairs to some shutters, which were apparently broken in the attack last night. Taking half a glance in your direction, he would say, "Sorry, sonny, my wife and I are patching up the place. If you wanted a room, you wouldn't be getting no rest, on account of... well, this." Putting a couple nails between his teeth, he would draw a hammer from his belt and begin to hammer a nail for the latest shutter into the building's wall.

--------------------

@ Dwalin:

???????  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:31 pm
"Heh. I booked a room here yesterday for a week and have yet to see it. Not that I'm blaming you for anything." Aelgeirr made a sweeping gesture at the rubble surrounding him. "Look, I've been deputized by the guards. I'm supposed to help make sure that this doesn't happen again, and I think you can help me with it. I can help out as we talk. It won't take much of your time anyways."

If Aelgeirr's offer was accepted, the eladrin would do what he could to speed up the human's progress. "When I got here, I think I remember your wife saying that the group of tenants that preceded me were a rowdy bunch and they left a big mess. Could you tell me more about them?"

OOC:
Diplomacy +1 = 1+1=Topotato!  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas