Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ HADES KITCHEN ROUND 1 } RESULTS PAGE 12 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 pm
She was wide-eyed and practically jittery with anticipation as she stepped into the next room, Alette gazing around at all of the things. There were bouncing, shrieking, smelly things that looked particularly nasty, but Alette was too starry-eyed to actually consider them anything less than totally cool.

"I CAN DO THAT," she almost yelled, then reeled it in because inside voice.

"I can do that," she said, in a much more totally serious voice because declawing and defanging tearjerkers was a Totally Serious thing and she really needed to do her best. Reaching up, Alette hastily twisted her braids up, rolled her sleeves to her elbows (or rather, metaphorically rolled them, since she, in fact, did not have long sleeves, but little capped things at her shoulders but it was the thought that counted), and got to work.

It may or may not have taken her a lot of time to get the first one done, but after that she was quite determined, and eventually Alette came triumphantly out of her mass of squealing tearjerkers, wiping her forehead melodramatically and looking very pleased with herself.

OOC

STEP 1: Declawing and Defanging Your Onions
CONTESTANT NAME: Alette Ward
MINUTES LEFT: 45 / 60

kuropeco rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 8 Total: 19 (3-30)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:01 pm
Alette liked to think that the interview portion of was her strong point, seeing as how she enjoyed talking as much as she did. And she totally did not mind being asked anything.

Quote:
3) What do you think about the other contestants here?

"Oh!" she said brightly, hopping from one foot to the other and beaming brightly at the camera. "Well, I think they're like, you know, they're pretty awesome! Some of them are a little - well, I guess you could kinda see them as scary, kind of, sort of, they're like, super intense, but I really like seeing what other people do!"

There was a small pause, and then, in a conspiratorial whisper,

"But I'm totally the best here."

Quote:
8.) If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after?

She had to think about it a moment.

"REFLECTING YOUR INNER CHEF," Alette said grandly, and then bounced a little more. "Get it, because I'm like, totally a mirror ghost and everything."

Quote:
9) If you could say one thing in front of live national TV what would you say?

"HI MOM HI DAD LOOK I GOT BIT BY A TEARJERKER!!"

OOC

STEP 2: The Interview
MINUTES LEFT: 45 / 60 (lost 15 minutes 1st round)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

kuropeco rolled 3 20-sided dice: 11, 18, 14 Total: 43 (3-60)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:05 pm
Now it was time to cut the onions and boy did it take her a while.

Thankfully, however, Alette's cheerful demeanor was unwavering even in the face of really crazy people-eating vegetables, and she spent the entire good chunk of an hour humming happily to herself as she sliced and diced.

She may even have sung herself a little cooking song that had the words suffering and yummy nummy in it.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting It Close
MINUTES LEFT: 2 / 60 JUST IN TIME

kuropeco rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 7 Total: 17 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 pm
One judge had stopped by her table; Alette nearly toppled over from excitement, but righted herself just in time.

"Oh!" she said, and cast a glance from one side to the next table over, where a ghoul with dark skin and messy hair was talking to one of the reporters. Squinting at the materials for a moment, and giving everything a quick once over, Alette beamed a smile back at the judge.

"She looks pretty cool!" she said enthusiastically. "A little, I dunno, maybe a little...disgruntled? I think I heard that other judge tell her that she had to start over, so maybe that's why she's kind of grumpy, but like, you know, she's still trying hard, right?"

Alette hopped on the toes of her feet. "But you guys, like, gave her a second chance, she should be happy!"

OOC

STEP 3: Judge's Critique
MINUTES LEFT: 2 / 60 JUST IN TIME

Quote:
7) Judge Hyde leans next to you. "What do you think of the contestant next to you?" He opens his notepad to take notes. (The contestant next to your character is the person that posts ABOVE you). They will be considered ICly "next to you". Don't be too alarmed if you get different people next to you, the tables tend to shift sometimes!)

Quote:
10) You are blatantly ignored by both judges. Maybe they really hate you.

Quote:
MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 2

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:26 pm
Reese was displeased and confused by all the fanfare and drama, but once she had a knife in hand, the ghost was all swift and efficient movement. Hands steady, she swiftly finished the task with no tears of her own and little concern for the cries of the minipets.

OOC

STEP: 1
CONTESTANT NAME: Reese
MINUTES LEFT: 58/60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:27 pm
It was a good thing, too, that the ghoul had worked so swiftly, as the interview portion startled her tremendously. Gazing suspiciously at the mic, she bent her head over a notepad and began to meticulously write out her answers.

Quote:
4) Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize and what would you do with the money?

Buy stuff.

Quote:
6) Do you have any children?

No.

Quote:
7) What do you think about chefs Gorgon Ramsay and chef Dr. Hyde

Bullies.

OOC

STEP: 2
MINUTES LEFT: 58/60

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

lizbot rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 7 Total: 17 (3-30)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 pm
shhhhhhhhhhh dont look  
lizbot rolled 3 20-sided dice: 9, 20, 7 Total: 36 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:30 pm
The interviews had taken much longer than the actual food prep, and Reese gave the cameras a grumpy scowl.

OOC

STEP: 3
MINUTES LEFT: 22/60

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

lizbot rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 pm
As a passing judge (the unkept, poor quality one) passed by he dumped a bowl of her onions. Reese was both dismayed at the waste but also pleased to have something to do with her hands once more. The new bowl was finished even more quickly than the first.

"Stop."

Reese's head snapped up to glare at the judge (the meaner bully).

He wanted her apron?!

Taking it off, the ghost reluctantly gave it back. She was directed to the winner's table soon after, but despite the congratulations of fellow participant, Reese was still a pink thundercloud of anger. She'd wanted to keep that apron.

OOC

STEP: Judging
MINUTES LEFT: 22/60

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:37 pm
"Oh, fangs and claws? Well let me show you creepstas who gots tha real fangs here, yeah?" Sabine purred, hoping a camera would catch her. She continued to stretch and preen, posing more than prepping her tearjerkers.

OOC

STEP: 1
CONTESTANT NAME: Sabine
MINUTES LEFT: 40/60

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

lizbot rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 10, 1 Total: 17 (3-30)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 pm
As the cameras approached her for interviews, Sabine gave a little squeal and proceeded to do a giddy dance that made her boobs jiggle. "Hey, hey!"

Quote:
1) Why did you try out for Hades Kitchen?

"Oh it's been my dream all my unlife, you know? My aBoo-ella taught me before she died for reals, so this is in her honor!" *she gazes up toward the ceiling and blows a kiss* Also, I don't tell many people this, but I've been diagnosed with stage 3 Glamour Disease. The terminal sort, so this might be last chance, you know? YODOOT! You only die once or twice!"

Quote:
6) Do you have any children?

"Omijack, scarelings are so in right now! But I haven't found the right one to make a pumpkin with. But maybe I'll meet them here!" *a big wink and boob adjustment follows*

Quote:
10) Which contestant do you think is going home today?

"HEL SELIE!" Turning back to the cameras, she smiles sweetly. "Poor ghoul has an eating disorder, can't help but eat whatever's in front of her."

OOC

STEP 2:
MINUTES LEFT: 40/60

lucyal

lizbot rolled 3 20-sided dice: 5, 18, 9 Total: 32 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:41 pm
Between her incredibly slow work and excessive amount of time and energy keeping the camera crew at her station, Sabine cut it incredibly close.

OOC

MINUTES LEFT: 8/60

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

lizbot rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 9 Total: 18 (2-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 pm
The super gross and poor looking judge stopped by her station TWICE to have her knife replaced. Each time, Sabine complied sweetly and then made rude gestures at the judge's back, all cocked hip and rolling eyes.

OOC

MINUTES LEFT: 8/60

[Mistress Morbid] rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:01 pm
Welp, being blindfolded was certainly strange... Kailani suddenly understood why the Knife Thrower's assistant didn't like that part of the routine. Not seeing things sucked.

THUNK

Correction. Loud thunks behind you when you couldn't SEE sucked.

She blinked as she pulled the blindfold off, glancing from the monster truck, to the tearjerkers, sparing a quick second to the other contestants. Kailani had to admit, she was... more then a little confused as to why they would pass someone on from tryouts with such a low grade. But hey, whatever. She made it through, kinda. So she was gonna try her best to get through this round.

The tearjerkers hissed and screamed and tried to bite at her as she set to work. The Ooze would refuse to admit that a lucky few managed to get a couple good bites in, the buggers. Whatever, things happened right?

OOC

STEP 1: Declawing and Defanging your Onion
CONTESTANT NAME: Kailani
MINUTES LEFT: 56/60

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

[Mistress Morbid] rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 3 Total: 15 (3-30)

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:20 pm
The next thing Kai knew there was a camera shoved in her face. "Uhhh Hi." She said, blinking slowly before getting back to work.

Quote:
10) Which contestant do you think is going home today?

They would start off with that one. Classy. "It could be any one of us really. I'd rather not name names. I don't want to jinx anything ya know?" Kai laughed, mentally wishing these idiots would leave her be.

Quote:
2) Tell me a little about yourself, your backstory, who you are.

Wasn't this the question they should have started with? "Grew up in a carnival. And no, I didn't run away to it. They are my legitimate family. If your expecting some grand tale then I don't know what to tell you. I'm just a normal ghoul. Just like those around here." Bragging wasn't her thing. She wasn't about to start now.

Quote:
3) What do you think about the other contestants here?

"I think they've each got some real potential. It may not turn out to be in cooking, but they are all giving it their best shot. They are trying their hardest. I don't know any of them, but I admire them for it."

OOC

STEP 2: The Interview
CONTESTANT NAME: Kailani
MINUTES LEFT:56/60

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items