Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:05 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
KroqGar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Orcs are awesome, and although they lack armor saves, the T4 makkes it harder for shots to hurt them in the first place.

I always lost whenever i played with my orcks(and by the way thats bin for 2 whole years!!!!!!!!!!)no matter who i played i would loose.
thats why i switched to the lizardmen who are much better

And how are they better? Other then mobility and shooting I mean...

That reminds me, with a Hero, and Magic Banner, you can have a Savage Orc Big 'Un Unit with Two Weapons and a 6 wide front get 6 WS5 S4 attacks, and 21 WS4 S4 attacks. On the charge, what do you think that does to most enemy units?

The same formation of Chosen Khorne Warriors gets 24 WS5 S4 attacks. razz

But yeah that pretty much screws over most units. Can you say overrun?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:19 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
KroqGar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Orcs are awesome, and although they lack armor saves, the T4 makkes it harder for shots to hurt them in the first place.

I always lost whenever i played with my orcks(and by the way thats bin for 2 whole years!!!!!!!!!!)no matter who i played i would loose.

That reminds me, with a Hero, and Magic Banner, you can have a Savage Orc Big 'Un Unit with Two Weapons and a 6 wide front get 6 WS5 S4 attacks, and 21 WS4 S4 attacks. On the charge, what do you think that does to most enemy units?

Plus the fact that everyone of those warriors a
has a 6+ Ward save(5 If you spent the Extra 25pts on the captain). And that's just a Hero. Give the Unit a Lord Instead with the +2 Attacks Axe, and you'll instead get 8 WS6 S4 attacks from him instead of the 6 WS5 S4 from a Hero.

Yeah. After the over-run, they'll still get 7 WS6 S4 attacks from the Warboss and 16 WS4 S4 attacks. Not many units like getting dealed that many attacks. God bless frenzy. That's why you gotta like 'em. Only problem is, now you can't have the same thing nearly repeated on Savage Orc Boar Boyz. ((Who' given all the same equipment and heros and such, 'cept for the additional weapon, get the same attacks from the hero, plus 6 WS3 S5 attacks, then another 16 WS4 S5 attacks.)) Mork bless Savage Orcs and other frenzy units.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:24 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
KroqGar
Drachyench_The_Eternal

has a 6+ Ward save(5 If you spent the Extra 25pts on the captain). And that's just a Hero. Give the Unit a Lord Instead with the +2 Attacks Axe, and you'll instead get 8 WS6 S4 attacks from him instead of the 6 WS5 S4 from a Hero.

Yeah. After the over-run, they'll still get 7 WS6 S4 attacks from the Warboss and 16 WS4 S4 attacks. Not many units like getting dealed that many attacks. God bless frenzy. That's why you gotta like 'em. Only problem is, now you can't have the same thing nearly repeated on Savage Orc Boar Boyz. ((Who' given all the same equipment and heros and such, 'cept for the additional weapon, get the same attacks from the hero, plus 6 WS3 S5 attacks, then another 16 WS4 S5 attacks.)) Mork bless Savage Orcs and other frenzy units.

Are they core units?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
KroqGar
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Are they core units?

Yep. Savage Orcs are core units. Only one Big 'Un unit per army though, and the 5+ ward is for the Hero only, the others still have only a 6+. Still, ANY savage orc can have the option for a 6+ ward. They also all have frenzy too.

Or, if you were refering to the boar boyz, no, they're special choices, though again they have the 6+ ward save.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:32 pm
Every time I play my friend's orc and goblins army he gets screwed over by animosity.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:48 am
Lethkhar
Every time I play my friend's orc and goblins army he gets screwed over by animosity.

...How the heck is he screwed over by animosity? What units does he have? Animosity should affect only 1 in every 6 units at a time, and even then there's a 1 in 6 chance it's the good (6) animosity result. Animosity should only REALLY screw you over when:
A) You base your army plan on one unit, and it fails its check.
B) You use animosity wrong.
C) You somehow fail 50%+ of your tests in one turn.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:42 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

...How the heck is he screwed over by animosity? What units does he have? Animosity should affect only 1 in every 6 units at a time, and even then there's a 1 in 6 chance it's the good (6) animosity result. Animosity should only REALLY screw you over when:

His goblin wolfriders are usually the culprits for shooting his own units and causing panic among his units, who sometimes run away from his archers right into my men. He's a really unlucky person. You'd have to play him. The Dice Gods seriously have something against him.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:46 am
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

His goblin wolfriders are usually the culprits for shooting his own units and causing panic among his units, who sometimes run away from his archers right into my men. He's a really unlucky person. You'd have to play him. The Dice Gods seriously have something against him.

I can be relied on to fail at least 2 out of every 3 2+ save I have in 40K. I have some bad luck too.

eek Panic from ONE wolf rider unit? Either he's using goblin units only 20 Strong, Having Wolf Riders units 20 strong, and just about maxing out hits, or he doesn't know the panic rules. Also, does he know fleeing goblins cause no panic in Orcs, and Fleeing Orcs cause no Panic in Black Orcs and Giants?  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:11 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

I can be relied on to fail at least 2 out of every 3 2+ save I have in 40K. I have some bad luck too.

eek Panic from ONE wolf rider unit? Either he's using goblin units only 20 Strong, Having Wolf Riders units 20 strong, and just about maxing out hits, or he doesn't know the panic rules. Also, does he know fleeing goblins cause no panic in Orcs, and Fleeing Orcs cause no Panic in Black Orcs and Giants?

The only reason he ever uses goblins is for the fanatics. It's the orcs that panic. Seriously, he is probably the unluckiest person I know. I have no idea how he does it, but I seriously wish that some opponents of mine got dice rolls like his.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:01 pm
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lethkhar

The only reason he ever uses goblins is for the fanatics. It's the orcs that panic. Seriously, he is probably the unluckiest person I know. I have no idea how he does it, but I seriously wish that some opponents of mine got dice rolls like his.

Again, how? His gobbos will need 4's to hit, and then 5's to wound. Unless he does the newbie 16-Orc unit mistake, the only way that should statistically happen is 24 Shots(12 hits, 4 Wounds) to occur to that unit. Either you're right, and he ahs unlucky dice, or he is using his rules wrong.

Oh, and want bad luck? Try this: Playing Lustria Warhammer, 20-orc Black Orc unit suffers quicksand. I have a 5+ save. I make 12 of them.  

Drachyench

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:18 am
I know this one guy. This was in 40K but he shot at this thing (I don't know what it was, I don't play 40K). The guy who controlled the thing had a save of 2+ with 4 (Equivalent of wounds in 40K). He rolled 4 ones out of 4 dice. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:52 am
Umm....THe games are nearly the same.
40k is just easier.
Less bizzare rules.
Like if you win comabt, and I mean ,you crush the other side, guess what, you win combat. Its plenty fun, is that game..
antasy is fun too.
actually learned how to kill dwarfs with my Orcs now.
YES!
Rein death onb thoes stunty heads!  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:31 pm
I've just learned from the local GW staff of the cheeziest army of all time. And I'm going to start one just to spite my friends. Here's how it works. You have as many squads of about 40 Night Goblins as you can, each of which has 3 fanatics. On turn 1 you do a reform to make all of the units line up in single file right across to the enemy's battlelines. All the Fanatics break lose. On turn 1. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:20 pm
Everlasting Chaos
I've just learned from the local GW staff of the cheeziest army of all time. And I'm going to start one just to spite my friends. Here's how it works. You have as many squads of about 40 Night Goblins as you can, each of which has 3 fanatics. On turn 1 you do a reform to make all of the units line up in single file right across to the enemy's battlelines. All the Fanatics break lose. On turn 1. xd

Um, there's some drawbacks on that plan there.  

Daemon_King

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:50 pm
Daemon_King
Everlasting Chaos

Um, there's some drawbacks on that plan there.

You mean aside from the fact that the fanatics will start tearing your army to tiny little pieces? xd  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff