Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:52 pm
Solameya | She/Her | HRW

A few more dragonets found their chosen riders among the candidates and the known numbers of remaining eggs and babies were beginning to dwindle. While Solameya let the tension ease from her shoulders, she took a wide stance, hands clasped behind her back. It wasn’t over yet, as evidenced by Death Eater taking a bite out of a candidate that was nodding off. Baby Mine and Poor Unfortunate Souls both got assistance from their parents, two little whites. Poor Unfortunate Souls was looking pretty rough, a grimace pulling at her features, until that bellowing roar tore through the caverns, her expression shifted to something edging into horror and the blood drained from her face. Were all Hatchings like this?

Taking a sloooow, deep breath, the woman exhaled softly through clenched teeth. It wasn’t over and she wasn’t going to tap out just yet. Those two white dragonets could use the encouragement and there was other babies that needed to find theirs. ‘You got this, kiddos. Take the time you need. We’re all here for you.’ Klah would be in order after all this, maybe some consideration and talking with veteran candidate ior maybe senior weyrlings if they had the time. It looked like she signed up for a rough turn and a half if this was the norm. Oh, hey! One of the white babies appeared to find theirs. Excellent! They could get tended to.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:02 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

The tiny bronze was still looking, shaking as he stood alone upon the sands. Nala felt sympathy for him. Where was his? Then suddenly a flurry of white robes and bandages approached to wrap the tiny bronze with a crooked tail in his arms. Nala gave a tiny squeak as she recognized Shar and a healer. The boy then must be Riz! He’d Impressed! She knew he would!

Several tears trickled down her cheeks as she watched the special moment. She took several steps, then stopped. Should she go over and congratulate him now? No he, they needed space. He had Shar and the healer with them too. No no, she should stay out of his way.

Nala took a deep breath to steady herself. Oh. What was. Her eyes caught Fianth with her jaws in the egg. Her eyes widened in startlement then relaxed as she realized the gold was helping the now exposed white out. Nala squeaked again this time in fright as Eveleth bellowed. She felt the caverns were shaking down around them!

Thankfully no rocks came raining down upon them. She peered back around to see another white head poke out of the shell held by Krah. Oh my. Nala checked the other babies that were already out and about. And just like that one of the whites impressed. Good!

Hattaki

SilverLutz
Shar

Sinders Path

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm
Weyrling Makimton and Green Zygmuth

Makim smiled, happy to have been a help to the girl. He took the opportunity to examine the little white when she opened her wings. “She’s so cute and dainty,” he commented. They were a pretty cute pair so tiny together. “She’ll let you know if you miss a spot,” Makim said, trying to be helpful.

He blinked at the thank you from the girl. “Think nothing of it Soui and Museth. We’re both weyrlings now! I know Zygmuth will talk with you too, soon as she wakes.” He glanced at the green to see how full her belly was. Stuffed full of meat and oiled to perfection and she was sound asleep. Hatching must be hard work.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm
HAVELI

Dragonets were moving and the white whose egg had been used as a makeshift punching bag was looking rather poor off. Probably wouldn't cause any problems though, oh no, dragons were ridiculously resilient creatures. Plus the Weyr adored them no matter how they were, or at least most did. The bellow from the master gold had shown that to be clear enough, and Haveli smirked against her own judgement. She didn't care for this babies, or this hatching or anything else.

Let her die on these sands, or walk off to face another day simply trying to survive in a place where she'd burned too many homes down to properly settle.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:15 pm
Calla was moving like a robot, cutting meat into tiny pieces, casually testing the dryness of Florianth's hide a few times, but her eyes were clouded over. She was lost in thought, even when adorable Alegriath was playing a very good Welcoming Party. The word family had slipped from the white dragon's thoughts into Calla's and had brought with it shadows both living and dead.

Florianth was practically curled around her like a snake, pressing himself to her as comfortably as possible. Mine will be all right, really! She can meet Haveli and Yours better when she is more herself. Calla let the little blue do the talking; it was easier.

And then there was a roar that shook her to her bones. The knife she held clattered to the table, and she dropped a piece of meat on the floor. The former-Candidate turned over her shoulder to see what had happened, but the feeling in the air was enough. "I'm glad I'm not still on the Sands," she said idly to no one in particular, though she doubted it would spare her from whatever was to come.

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:17 pm

Death Eater's head turned swiftly, the infant glaring daggers at the source of that ridiculous taunt. Your wish is my command. For this little green had HAD ENOUGH! The dragonet raced across the sands and leaped on the girl... hard enough that her head hit the sands with a resounding smack. Little claws dug in deeply, and the dragonet stared balefully into a face that she already loathed.

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 pm
HAVELI

Haveli didn't struggle as the dragonet took her down. She didn't fight, she didn't plead, she didn't cry. She simply looked back at the dragonet that laid on her, her body shuddering beneath the pain that claws were inflicting on her. Did the dragonet want her to cry, to scream? To beg for mercy, say that she had so much worth living for? Everything was hurting and her brain was screaming, but Haveli just simply stared.

"Is that all?" The words held no challenge, no demand, nothing. Just words spoken by a girl who was probably looking her death in the face with the same care as a person who had nothing left. She'd already died the moment Arlie walked away.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:26 pm

You... the dragonet hissed, staring down at the stupid, useless girl below her. You are not worthy of my claws. And you are not worthy of her tears. For the image of another girl, dragonet in tow, was wrenched out of Haveli's head. Why should I kill you, when you have lost what you love most? I could hardly do worse. With that, Death Eater abandoned Haveli to her thoughts and her angst. Let her live or die. Death Eater didn't care.

houllow

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:29 pm
Jacomus of Bronze Kraketh

Jumping in his seat, Jacomus looked at the elder gold, eyes wide. He then looked toward Kraketh, chewing his lip. What the hell?

From where he was, Kraketh's eyes turned rather alarmingly red. He looked over at Eveleth, rumbling a growl. Lifting his head, the bronze snorted at many of the people present, opting to project to everybody for once. We have all been up since WELL before dawn, everybody is TIRED, so of course some people are going to fall asleep! I'M going to fall asleep! There is only so far respect will go before we all drop off a cliff SLEEPING and HUNGRY as many of us haven't even eaten yet! Now I don't know WHAT pomp you have here at High Reaches, but at least at Southern when we hatched, we had the sense to find Ours in as timely a fashion as we COULD! They're here to fight Thread, not play around and MAIM people, even I knew that before Thread even came BACK! Like, he thought, that white, who had come out of her egg and went RIGHT to hers as soon as she could. Beside him, even Lenoth gave a sound of agreement.

In his seat, Jacomus hid his face. "Oh Faranth... Please make him shut up..." A snicker on either side made him shoot glares at both P'tius and Nemo, "Oh shut up both of you!"

"Oh," Nemo said, "But I'm not the one with the dragon that's surely about to--" He stopped, stifling a yawn.

"Well he was right about one thing, I'm about to fall off these stands sleeping..." Rubbing his hands over his face again, Jacomus tried to not yawn himself. He turned, elbowing Nemo, "Now look what you've made me do!"

The green rider only gave him a cheeky grin.

Tarnaria

The fear was bubbling up again... Watching the Death Eater baby attack a candidate, Tarnaria inched to get as clear away as she could. "Oh, shards, not me, please don't come toward me..." She turned, though, distracted when one of the watching adults spoke to everybody. Even adult dragons had an end to patience, apparently.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 pm
HAVELI

Were she not slipping out of the light enough, Haveli would have laughed. Did she not feel her mouth filling with blood, she'd have laughed, but as it was she was hardly breathing and her vision was getting dark. She would not die, of course not - life was too much of a petty mistress to allow her some model of happiness. She would instead just lay on the sands, the grains burning her flesh as everything dimmed and the thrumming of her heart in her ears overlapped everything else.

Why wasn't she just allowed to die? Did the dragonet think it could hurt her with such pretty words about her sister, about trying to remind her of loss? That dragonet knew nothing and so was, as before, beyond Haveli's thoughts. Maybe she'd get lucky and bleed out on the sands before healers reached her.

Then Arlie would know how much she hated her, in this moment. How much she hated the one person she'd dared to care about. Always.

I hate you, Arlie.

Those were her final thoughts before everything went dark, and Haveli lay motionless on the sands.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:37 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Everything was proceeding smoothly, until Death Eater rushed a girl and knocked her down. Nala flinched and turned her head aside. She didn’t want to see another mauling. There didn’t seem to be a whole lot of screaming going on which was a good sign. Right? Finally she peeked and saw the green had left the girl in the sands. Was she dead? She hoped not. One was more than enough.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Hobbled though he might be, Z'tir would not sit by while someone's dragon mouthed off to the Weyrwoman's queen, as Kraketh had just done. Siloth had been very quick to tell him of exactly whose dragon had just disgraced himself. Using his cane to balance himself, the Wingleader made his way across to where Jacomus and company sat. "Out. Get out. Get back to Western. And muzzle your uncouth bronze while you're at it. Those who pay such disrespect to a Queen of High Reaches, let alone our Senior Queen, do not belong in a crowd come to watch her grandchildren Impress."

You are to leave High Reaches immediately, Kraketh, Siloth rumbled, watching the other bronze with eyes that betrayed his sheer disbelief. My deepest apologies that you had to bear witness to such a scene, my queen, Siloth murmured to Eveleth, giving his Queen a deep and respectful bow.

Andranis

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:49 pm
Dr'stan of Bronze Ddraigth

The voice that was projected to all had Ddraigth turn a baleful red eye towards the bronze that spoke. He knew Siloth had this under control but there was no way he would stand for anyone speaking to Eveleth, his grandmother, like that.

Dr'stan's own eyes have moved to look at his wingleader, watching as the man moved towards the rider of the bronze. He was quick to move after Z'tir doing his best to act like a shadow. He knew his wingleader could handle himself but he was walking with a cane after he had gotten hurt during Threadfall. It didn't help that the man shared Ddraigth's own anger and if the bronze acted as he did, with that behavior, there was no telling how the man himself might act.

Not speaking a word, just standing a little behind Z'tir and keeping narrowed eyes upon Jacomus and the others with him. If they refused to leave...well he would defer to his Wingleader's judgment then.

Mr Cheri

Andranis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:53 pm

... How dare that weak, sniveling bronze bad mouth her perfect mother? When Eveleth had only been defending her grandchildren? How dare the uncouth ruffian speak ill of the most wonderful Queen in all of Pern? Rhianth would not have it.

Leave, stranger. Leave, and never return. I will not see hide nor tail of you. You will not twist your muzzle regarding my Mother ever again.

But they were not words alone, oh no. Rhianth bent her formidable will to the task, pitting the might of a Queen of High Reaches against the young pup who would find himself a mere smear on the sands if he dared to remain. If he could remain, with all of Rhianth's displeasure and power turned on him.

Our children choose their riders with more care than do yours, it would seem.

Andranis
Rhianth has a mad.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Jacomus of Bronze Kraketh

Kraketh snarled, outright snarled, at the queen, as he saw it, abusing her ability. He shifted away, still growling, but said nothing more.

Jacomus got up, shaking his head. "You know, I'm glad he didn't catch that gold here, I'd hate to be stuck in this Weyr." He left the stands, going to Kraketh. "Your babies are taking too long to Impress, if they don't hurry up, they're going to go between, I've SEEN it happen." He climbed up, scoffing. "At least Southern did THAT right." He then pointed at Rhianth, "And nothing, not even being a QUEEN, gives YOU the right to insult my dragon! Let's go, Kraketh."

With a last huffing snarl, Kraketh shoved off the ledge, making sure to be extra petty and smack his tail against any dragons near by, then climbed into the sky and vanished between.

On the stands where he'd left them, P'tius and Nemo only cleared their throats, looking pointedly away.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games