Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
ENDLESS JOURNEYS (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:24 pm
"Knowing him, there won't be a body to bring back. From what he told me when a corpse is released from the Necromancy it crumbles and turns to dust. So you won't be able to return his body." Lexi responded as she continued preparing the food.

"I assume you didn't know he was already dead when he entered this village?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:49 am
Alec had been passively listening to the conversation the ladies had been having with his heightened sense of hearing. His right ear twitched at the mention of necromancy keeping Nova alive. This vexed Alec for two reasons.
One: he had been devoting any spare time he had to finding a way to use nature to either prolong or save Nova's life. Two: he should have been able to pick up that they were literally traveling with a dead man.

He looked at Nova with an expression that asked if what Lexie just said was true.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:05 am
Nova did not hear what Lexie had said to Trinity. He noticed a change in Alec's behavior and that look was a bit strange for the current mood.

"Something wrong Alec? You look like you have a question. If I can answer them, don't hesitate to ask. I am after all...your teacher for the moment."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:40 pm
Alec shrank back a bit, but quickly bit his bottom lip and took a deep breath. It was hard, but he was trying to steel himself to ask something that could wreck the atmosphere.

He quietly asked, "I know you're...dying, but are you dead? I don't mean as good as dead, but dead dead. If so, how have I not smelled it?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:56 am
Nova's expression grew dark for a moment and switched between looking at Alec and the door. Lexi must have been talking about it and he picked it up. His demeanor returned to normal after that with a sigh.

"Yes. I am no longer alive. Right before we entered the cave I felt it coming. Necromancy, if done right can fool even the best of noses. There aren;t many that managed to perform it on themselves but I got lucky. It's why I'm no longer coughing. I do not know what it might do to my already damaged soul since I forcefully bound it to myself but that comes later." Nova explained calmly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 pm
((ooc: sorry thought I responded ))

Ruby gave a good punch to Kaleth's knee. Well...good punch for what she could do. She managed to dodge the headlock and jumped over Kaleth in an attempt of grab her wrist and pulled it behind her back. Now she was going to joints.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Kerana wasn't paying attention to Trinity's conversation, nor Alec's. She was more focused on what Ruby and Kaleth were up to and followed them outside. "Yay! Go Ruby!" she cheered the little one's efforts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:01 pm
Nova Blancke

"I assume you didn't know he was already dead when he entered this village?"

Trinity's eyes widen as she revealed this to her. She stood on her feet, "No. It can't be…" Then it was quiet, quiet enough for her to hear the gist of Alec's and Nova's conversation. Her eyes saddened, How could I not see? How could I not tell? she clenched her fists in frustration.

They softened when she realized he had not cough since they got here. No, wait, even before that… he didn't cough throughout their whole journey through the cave. In fact the last time she remembered him coughing was that terrible spell he took when she was distracting their pursuer. She thought it was serious but each one of episodes seemed that way. This time the loss of blood the coughs really did him in. Here she thought he had found a way to subdue it for longer.

She looked to the man that brought her here, the undead man. Did he use necromancy on himself she wondered. That would be the only explanation right? She turned toward Lexi, "I'm…I'm so sorry... How did you know?"  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:24 am
Lexi stopped preparing the food and looked at Trinity. There was a sort of sadness in her eyes but you'd have to look deep to see that. The Dragon-kin truly were different about mostly everything that was common for others.

"He told me in the arena after things had calmed down. There are no secrets between us. I am just glad he came back to us one last time. From what he told me about magic....in theory he could live in forever in this state. But it's not natural."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:31 am
Nova Blancke
Nova's expression grew dark for a moment and switched between looking at Alec and the door. Lexi must have been talking about it and he picked it up. His demeanor returned to normal after that with a sigh.

"Yes. I am no longer alive. Right before we entered the cave I felt it coming. Necromancy, if done right can fool even the best of noses. There aren;t many that managed to perform it on themselves but I got lucky. It's why I'm no longer coughing. I do not know what it might do to my already damaged soul since I forcefully bound it to myself but that comes later." Nova explained calmly.

Alec didn't quite know how to feel about all of this. The first thing to bubble up, though, was frustration.

"So all the time and effort I put into discovering a way to prolong your life since the caves was for nothing? Why did you let me keep at it if it was for naught?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:41 am
"It was not for naught. Your research will help those with a similar sickness." Nova responded. "It will help you make a name for yourself later. Provided you live through this."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:42 pm
Nova Blancke

"He told me in the arena after things had calmed down. There are no secrets between us. I am just glad he came back to us one last time. From what he told me about magic....in theory he could live in forever in this state. But it's not natural."

By the way she said this, Trinity figured it could only be one thing. The only magic she was aware of that could bring a man back from death is necromancy. "Excuse me…" she went over to Nova.

"Nova, this magic you've been using… won't that draw the attention of the Necromancer? Won't we become easier to detect? Won't this make you more susceptible to his control?" She didn't ask this for her safety but for his family's and the rest of their party.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:38 pm
Nova raised his eyebrow and Trinity's intrusion and question.

"No, Necromancy requires a puppet and a puppeteer. I am both. Should the puppeteer fall so will the puppet. The moment something interrupts tries to wrestle control away from me over my own body that balance is gone and so will I. So yes he could try and take over if he wishes but it will be for naught. Besides...nothing is that powerful. He would need to be nearby to try and control me."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:49 am
"…and where do you think our journey will lead us to?! Securing all of these mana wells will only get us so far. Eventually I will have to face him and I can't risk having to face you and him at the same time." Saying that out loud only made it more real she couldn't help but feel that she had completely ruined his life. All for what? Just to ensure what ever the gods intent happens? She felt her eyes were going to tear up,"Excuse me" she walked out the door.

Why did he have to do this? I needed his help but the man had so much to loose I don't. Why give up on his family to go help a stranger on her quest?. She was just so frustrated she dropped to her knees and yelled to the sky, "RAAAAH! IS THIS WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED!?! …" then softly she faced the ground "He's a good man he didn't need any of this. He doesn't deserve this …" tears fall from her cheeks and landed on the ground every tear absorbed into the dirt of the ground.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:53 pm
Nova Blancke
((ooc: sorry thought I responded ))

Ruby gave a good punch to Kaleth's knee. Well...good punch for what she could do. She managed to dodge the headlock and jumped over Kaleth in an attempt of grab her wrist and pulled it behind her back. Now she was going to joints.

Keleth whistled, "Nice one, buuuut..."

She flexed and attempted to strong arm her way out of the lock. She was putting her field working muscles to good use.

Then she heard Trinity shout from the other side of the house. That moment of distraction weakened her enough be put in a bit of discomfort by the diminutive dragon-kin behind her.

"Ah! Alright, you've won. I yield." she laughed.

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games