Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Chaos Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darth603

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:09 pm
Prodius
sounds good to me...

hey, a question: if I decide to use a demon pack, where do I get models for the demons?
Daemons come in box sets (Bloodletters, Daemonettes, Plaguebearers, and Horrors), although you can use plastic Beastmen as Bloodletters and Wood Elf Dryads as plaguebearers.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:46 pm
I have added a vewy secksy Predator to my army, to serve mostly as a Tank-killer. next, I plan to add either a fast-attack of either demonic beasts or a helluva lot of Bikers, or I'll add some more Marines or demon packs...

I havent been able to find any demons at my local hobby shop, btw...  

Prodius

darth603

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:46 pm
Prodius
I havent been able to find any demons at my local hobby shop, btw...
Hm... ask to talk to the manager and see if you can special order them- even if they don't normally stock daemons, there shouldn't be any issue with special ordering them, period.

(used to work at a store that sold GW merchandise)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:50 pm
lol... I just thought of a fun littl conversion for a defiler... I just stuck a piece of cloth painted bloodred/fleshtone(kinda) in it's claw. it's actually cool looking.  

Prodius

Prodius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:49 pm
quick question:

I'm trying to make as much sense as I can out of this Codex...

could I get a rundown of what models can bear Icons for Daemon summoning?

also, where might I find models to represent Greater Daemons?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:12 pm
Prodius
quick question:

Icons are passed out to any squad with a mark of chaos. One member of the squad (preferably not carrying a heavy or special weapon) may be designated Icon Bearer, and carry the icon (btw, he's treated _like_ a heavy weapon or assault weapon trooper for targeting purposes). If not, then the Aspiring Champion will carry the icon.

Anyone with access to the armory and a Mark can purchase a Personal Icon (which is the only way to get one on a Chaos Lord or Lt.). The Word Bearers' Accursed Crozius includes a Personal Icon, BTW. Finally Greater Daemons have icons for their patron.

GW makes four Greater Daemon kits- the Bloodthirster (my favorite), Great Unclean One, Keeper of Secrets, and Lord of Change. All four should be available at your hobby shop (if they stock GW merchandise but refuse to carry Daemons, I can put you in touch with a mail- order retailer that does). If you get too bored with the stock models, there's nothing prohibiting you from converting your own (after all, the minions of Chaos take myriad forms). My personal favorite (and one I plan to make) is a possessed Tau battlesuit twisted which was shown on GW's website.  

darth603

Lord Sivart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:51 pm
Prodius
quick question:

The greater Demons come in their own special box. Sold seperatley from everything else.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:20 am
You could always try Forge World's, if you have a hell of a lot of money, heh....their Greater Daemons (actually, I think they only made the 'Thirster) is a LOT bigger than GW's!  

Joshmaul

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:24 pm
Joshmaul
You could always try Forge World's, if you have a hell of a lot of money, heh....their Greater Daemons (actually, I think they only made the 'Thirster) is a LOT bigger than GW's!
and a much nicer model.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:10 pm
hey, I've been considering giving my possessed the Mark of Tzeench, to make them Sorcerers... think that's a good idea?  

Prodius

Ackturaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:15 pm
Just started playing World Eaters after two of my friends convinced me to join. Anyone have any suggestions for my army? All I have currently is 24 Khorne Berserkers.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:45 pm
Get some blood letters, flesh hounds, a Greater Demon Of Khorne, a Demon Prince, Some Chaos Bikers with the mark of Khorne, make each bezerker unit 8 strong and each Demon unit 8 strong.  

Drachyench

Khyos

6,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:56 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Joshmaul
and a much nicer model.
Oh god yes its a much nicer model!!!!!!! ^^

Ok, heres a question.... currently Im working on converting a Grey Knight Model and Disk of Tzeentch into a chaos Soorcerer (I cant spell) riding a disk as the Chaos Lord for my Black Legion Army (when its finished Ill definatly post a pic ^^), who is going to have a Raptor Squad as bodyguards. now the only problem is Ive never used Raptors before...... Any advice for them in general? Equipment, tactics etc?? All helps appreciated ^^

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:37 pm
Hmm.... Should I get a dreadnought for my World Eaters army?  

Ackturaz

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:53 pm
Ackturaz
Hmm.... Should I get a dreadnought for my World Eaters army?
forge world one. They do NICE dreads!  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games