Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[CYOA] The Labyrinth (Over! Congrats winners!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm
STOP

Everyone left has posted!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm
A. INCORRECT
You scramble your way to the side of the room. You can see solid ground there, where the sand is less dense. But, as you move, you realize you're starting to sink faster and faster! As you begin to panic, you trash through the sand as it comes up to your knees, your shoulders, your neck -- it's getting so hard to move, and as you're struggling to keep your head above the sand, you remember too late that moving in quicksand only makes it pull you down faster... your adventure has come to an end.

NO ONE

B. CORRECT
You freeze where you are. The sand is up to your ankles, but it doesn't seem to be sucking you down anymore. Of course, while this means you're safe from suffocation, it also means... you're stuck. Great. Now what? Surely there has to be a way out! You're still alive!

• Rita Zyon: A
  • Fuzzy-Gumdrop: 2, 3, 4, 1, B  

• Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:12 pm
    As you stand there, your mind slowly filling with dread, you soon realize... you're not alone in the room anymore. Of to the side, standing on safe ground, is a short minotaur. He's regarding you silently, a frown on his face and eyebrows pinched together in thought. You're about to ask for help when he suddenly seems to come to a decision on his own. With a grunt, he heaves over a long, large branch out into the sand towards you. "Take it. I'll pull you out."

You don't hesitate -- you grab onto the branch, and the two of you work together -- the minotaur clenching the branch between his teeth and tugging backwards, and you gripping tightly as you wade your way back to solid ground. Once the two of you make it to safety, he speaks before you can even begin to thank him, his voice gruff and to the point.

"Look. I don't know what you think you'll find down here, but trust me; it won't be anything good. I know a way out. I can help you, but I won't take you to the end -- I'll only take you to the exit. If you don't come with me, you're on your own."

So what will it be?

A. Quit while you're a head.

B. Are you kidding? I'm not leaving now!  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:13 pm
    B. Are you kidding? I'm not leaving now!    

Fuzzy-Gumdrop

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:13 pm
    A. Quit while you're a head.  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 pm
    STOP

Everyone left has posted!  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:15 pm
    A. INCORRECT
    You decide to cut your losses and quit while you still have your life. This place is just too dangerous! The minotaur leads you to a dark passageway you don't recall seeing before. "After you," he says, tilting his head toward the doorway at the end. You pass through, and feel something at your foot at the same time that you hear a snap! You're dragged up into the air by your ankle, and you find yourself now hanging upside down in a tree. The minotaur steps into view again, and he's smiling for the first time since you've met him -- and a worryingly hungry look in his eyes... Your adventure is over, but STAY TUNED FOR A RAFFLED PRIZE...

• Rita Zyon: A

The mini minotaur is not on Rita's preference list, so it goes to the raffle!

B. CORRECT
    No way are you giving up now, after you've come so far! "Suit yourself," the minotaur shrugs. "Can't say I didn't warn you." He follows along the edge of the room back the way you came, disappearing into the shadows. You wonder, briefly, what he meant by that -- but then decide it was just a trick. Deadly traps and deceit -- they're all just tests of the labyrinth.

• PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 pm
    Another path. Another room. It would almost be boring, if you weren't so on edge. You had no idea what to expect next -- so far, all the rumors of the labyrinth have been true. The traps, the winding paths, the monsters... you could hardly wait to see what was waiting for you at the end! Think of all the riches -- and the glory! Stories would be told of you! Your name would -- oh!

The stone you had just stepped on crumbled beneath you, falling away into a dark pit below. Luckily, you stepped back just in time -- although the pit doesn't seem to be that deep. The fall wouldn't have killed you -- and likely only left you bruised. You could swear the ground was moving, though...

Wait. Were those snakes!?

A. No way you're going down there. Jump across to the other side!

B. There's a torch on the wall. You could grab it and jump down. The fire could keep the snakes away.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250

Fuzzy-Gumdrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:18 pm
    A. No way you're going down there. Jump across to the other side!  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm
    A. CORRECT
    You take several steps back to give yourself enough room to build momentum, and then take off running. You reach the edge of the pit and leap off with all your strength -- and land safely on the other side. A few stones at your heels crumble beneath your weight, and you can hear the snakes below hissing in protest -- but they aren't your problem now.

B. INCORRECT
    You grab the torch and drop it down into the pit below -- and just as you suspected, the snakes recoil away from the hot flame at the end. You jump down near the torch and pick it back up, swinging it at the snakes as you slowly make your way through the pit, looking for the next path. Only... there isn't one. This was just a pit. There's no escape! You look at the multitude of snakes around you, hissing angrily, and realize now that they're just biding their time. Waiting for your torch to go out... it seems your adventure has come to an end.  

• Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:21 pm
    The winding paths seem to be getting steeper and steeper, darker and darker. You notice even more vines and other foliage are covering the walls; some have even sprouted a few roses, although they all seem to be dead or dying. There's no one here that seems to care about up-keeping them. A rotten stench reaches your nose -- like that of death. Like blood. You shake your head to try and clear your thoughts, and its then that you notice more about your surroundings have started to change; scattered bones, scratches on the walls, splashes of dried blood...

There were signs up struggle before now, but this was more than that. This was pure carnage.

The path up ahead splits into two -- to the left, the passage continues to go down even further. Although it's open, you notice it has a black iron gated door, and a thick trail of blood leading into it. There's a warm glow of light further down inside, and you think you can hear... something... moving about.

The right side looks no different from the path you're on now -- only it begins to incline, and there's no obvious trails of blood. Or ominous noises.

A. Left. You came here to face down challenges, and the blood could be the trail to your next one. It has to be the correct path.

B. Right. In your book, blood equals bad. Coward's way out? You don't care. What good is treasure if you're not alive to enjoy it?  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 pm
    A. Left. You came here to face down challenges, and the blood could be the trail to your next one. It has to be the correct path.  

Fuzzy-Gumdrop

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:26 pm
    A. CORRECT
    You go left. There are cells, but nothing inside them -- at least, nothing that's still alive. Weapons and chains adorn the walls, and the stench from earlier only gets stronger the further you go. (You realize, now, the smell is from decay. You try not to think too long about it further.) The dim lighting flickers on the walls, and you hear metal clanging against metal, and something heavy being dragged along the ground -- and it's getting closer.

You think, maybe, you're not supposed to be here. A beast with a glowing, grated chest emerges -- you get the feeling that it's staring at you, but you can't know for sure -- there are empty sockets where its eyes should be. It reaches up and pulls on a chain on the wall, which causes a distinctive clang! come from behind you. You realize, terror building in your bones, that was the sound of the door banging shut.

You sense that the beast is smiling at you, but its face doesn't move. Your adventure is over, but STAY TUNED FOR A RAFFLED PRIZE...

... and, as Fuzzy is the only one left, no raffle for this prize is needed -- she wins the Oubliette Master!

B. INCORRECT
    You go right. Eventually, you don't see as much blood and bones littering the ground. The torches on the walls become a little more frequent. The vines here are still thick, but you begin to feel more at ease the more space you but that... dungeon-like place behind you. You came here to find the treasure at the end of the labyrinth, not deliberately seek out danger at every chance!  
  • PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:30 pm
    And with that, the game is over!

No one survived until the end, so all prizes that haven't been won will be added to the raffle prize pool. Please give me a moment to compile and confirm the raffle list for the remaining prizes!

I will post the full CYOA later in this thread, after all prizes are handed out and I finish up some chores.

Thank you all so much for playing! This was my first time running/writing a CYOA, so if you have any feedback, you are welcome to PM me (this is preferred over DMs on Discord).  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
    • Wing Mastery 100
    • Team Poison Master 250
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm
    The final list! Remember; if you didn't play, you cannot be rolled for a prize or claim a participation ticket. If you are on this list, you may claim a participation ticket!

If someone proxied for you, only the proxy can claim a participation ticket.

Please let me know if there are any errors! I will begin rolling in roughly five minutes.

1. IvoryRyu.20 : 4,2,3,1,5,a,c,b (Kaya Wolf Moon)
    2. Blue_Sparkle27: 1, 3, 4
    3. Fea Line: 2, 1, 3, 4, A, B
    4. Kesmi: 1, 3, 4, b, c, 5, a, 2
    5. Rueka: 4, 1, 3, 2, 5, B, A, C
    6. Rein_Carnation: a, c, b
    7. Niyaru Delacroix: 1, 4, 3, A, B, re-roll
    8. Ruler of Everything: 1, 3, 4, 5, 2, A
    9. Fayt_of_Redemption: B, A, C
    10. Natelie: 4, reroll (Moxxiie)
    11. Mameha Otome: 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, B, A, C
    12. Sesshiyasha: 1, 2, 3, C, B, Reroll
    13. o-Elixir-o: 1, reroll
      Revolutionary Roniel: Ticket only!
    14. XxXPandamoniumXxX: 1, 3, a, b, c, reroll
    15. FrostyPeaches: 2, 1, 3, 4, A, B
    16. [Mistress Morbid]: 4, 1, 3, 5, A, B, C
    17. Nyx Queen of Darkness: B C A
    18. Lunarflowermaiden : B, C, A, reroll (chi honda)
      Malis Vitterfolk: Tickets only
    19. magnadearel: C, B, A
    20. Fatal Irony: 1, 4, 2, 3, 5, B, C, A
    21. Nikkichomp: C, B, A, reroll
      Mahogany Sunset: Ticket/fun!
    22. Kettyn: 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, A, C, B
      moonlit-raven: Ticket only!
    23. Rita Zyon: A
      Fuzzy-Gumdrop: 2, 3, 4, 1, B - Won Oubliette Master
    24. Summer Raaven: A (~Twilight...Angel~)
      catmagick: Just for fun
    25. tefla: C, A, B (familiar only)

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas