Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:01 pm
Topic: Otherworld

"I have been told that without the Charter, everyone would likely have more power. You'd see a rise in magical potential in everyone. The Charter was meant to limit power in the real world." Jeremiah paused, choosing his words carefully. "Which is another thing most might have noticed: this side has been referred to the real world because it is, potentially, what remains of the world from before the cycles.

"However, the idea of changing this world has merit. Especially if it would be beneficial to everyone." Time being more or less stable was not a bad idea.

Topic: Cycles

"Regarding the cycles, it should be known that we are no longer bound to the cycles of the old world. So we do not know what will happen come the changing of the year."

Quote:
anyone, really, he's just sharing info okay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 pm
Alexis rubbed a finger across their cheek, ruesome; foundation came off with it, revealing fading bruises. "'s too loud over there. Figured gettin' in a fight would be a problem and it'd open up my stitches. 'Sides, Silk'd get mad." They shifted in their seat again, scooting back, grimacing when their leg moved too quickly.

"You?"

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:04 pm
Horace swallowed. Oliver's voice in his mind almost made him startle, but it was a good kind of jolt. His hand... Horace's own hand moved to intercept it, their palms sliding together easily. He took a deep breath. Sorry, it's... all overwhelming. Sorry. It was nice to be able to touch someone, to touch Oliver.

He glanced over at Ellie. Hey, keeping up okay or glazing over like me?

saedusk
melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 pm
    Mila blinked rapidly. Did all Magic People have weird names? Nasir over there called the women Silk (and Nasir was definitely a name she'd never heard either), and then there was... Temperance. Hart. Rabbit? Did becoming magic mean cool code names? The only other alternative was someone's mother sat down with a baby name's book before deciding it '******** it, I'm throwing it in the garbage, honey get my old character reference sheets it's time to make a homage to my high school years'.

Oh geeze.

"I... see..." She said slowly, "Sponge..." There was definitely a lot to take in—maybe too much— but that was okay. Mila pushed her glasses up on her face (crucial for hearing) and intently watched the conversation bounce around. Wargs and Weres and Nobles and geases and... she didn't even know where to begin really. That was okay. She was just picking up parts of the puzzle, even if she couldn't piece them together.

A moment later and she had her smart phone recording the entire thing. She'd speak up if she saw it fit.

The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm
Ro brooded as he somehow found himself caught in a downpour of information that barely made sense to him. He had no idea what was truly meant by the word geas only that it had something to do with keeping the powers-that-be under wraps of which seemed to be the Nobles, and... what the ******** did they even mean by soul bond?

He huffed to himself. His tired eyes moved from person to person as they each voiced their opinions. He did his best to ignore the ache at his temples but it seemed to be growing. I wish they'd all just shut up. He thought, irrationally, to himself. Why the ******** am I even here?

Ro stopped listening and let his eyes wander the room. When his gaze fell on Alexis and whoever it was they were sitting next to, his brow perked. He moved towards them slowly, careful not to bump into anyone, and settled grumpily into the chair next to them. It seemed like the most out of the way spot.

"Hey." He said in greeting, voice exhausted and low. He didn't expect a response, but this day seemed to be full of ********' surprises.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:12 pm
Mostly for the differentiated, sure, or at least for people who knew what the hell they were talking about. People who had experience. In the span of only a month or so he'd learned about the Otherworld in brief, he'd helped cast a sigil and create a weird, arm-destroying (and charter-destroying) box, but it felt like the tip of the iceberg compared to what everyone else was talking about. Greek, that's what it sounded like.

"Don't worry about me, though," he assured. "I don't follow, but it's alright." Even if he wished he could. To Horace—who looked a little woozy, hey, you okay buddy?—he added, "Not keeping up at all."

Eli didn't ask, not like Ollie had the decency to, but instead bumped the back of his hand against the free one Horace had left.

Melancholiessss
The Semblance of Unityyyy

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:26 pm
topic: otherworld

Changing the otherworld? Leila hadn't even considered the possibility at all.

"Along with fetches having the rights we've acknowledged, plenty of othercreatures are sentient. I sort of represent some." Which was awkward to say, for some reason. "I think we should be careful not to endanger them if we're going to influence their environment. Even if you don't care about their livelihood, we could earn their hostility if we completely disregard them in all this."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 pm
topic: otherworld

"That is something to be concerned with, yes. One of the reasons for the Court and the Nobles attached to it is because not all othercreatures or beings have representation and we are responsible for helping, aiding, and settling disputes. If we made changes to this world we have to know exactly what we want to not negatively impact those that live here all the time." Mostly at the moment he was thinking about the floating market he had been to with Cass, at all the various beings and creatures that had been there.

It was a place worth protecting.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:46 pm
When the yelling started Algie had gone from hands in pockets to arms crossed and a knitted brow. When it hit a fever pitch he'd pushed up his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his fingers to wait for it to pass. Why did every get together end up like this? It was like going to a family reunion and knowing which cousins would fist fight..

When real discussion finally resumed, as per usual, the professor listened and interjected his opinion where necessary.

Topic: Differentiation and the Geas

"I believe differentiation is essential for a balance," He said evenly, "But since our aim is to redesign the classes properly, if we do it right than it should not be needed. That is to say, refining their purposes to safeguard and watch one another. As someone pointed out, anyone can already gain geas abilities despite class and we may not be able to stop that magical power. To emphasize consent we should not forcibly implicate otherwise."

But America's idea was a good one, and he pointed it out, "But a check is necessary, checks for everyone." Because even something gained over time, honed, could be abused. Should they re-implicate the spirit-bound, who knew what could happen?

"With all of of our magic there is infinite potential. I like America's suggestion."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 pm
Alexis looked at Ro like he was one more knife wound in the horrible shitfest that was their life, startled about a second later than they should have, and pulled their finger down their cheek; foundation stuck to their fingerprint, the fading bruises now jerkily brought into view. "'Fore you ask; Preacher's a moonwalker, n' I - " They swallowed. It was so hard to say it. They wanted it so badly, and if now wasn't the time, what was? But - no. Not here. They didn't deserve that. "I used t'be a Noble. If you're here, you're magic and just haven't gotten some obvious skill yet. No, I don't ******** know why Silk wanted undifferentiated here, y'don't have anything to even do with the charter."

They huffed, legs crossed at the ankle. "There's your rundown, if you wanted a non-Jones one."

GhouIs

The Semblance of Unity

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 pm
More information. He felt as though his skull was going to crack in two.

Ro closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose between calloused thumb and forefinger.

"I didn't come to ask you anything." He said in a low tone. "I just wanted to sit down somewhere out of the way."

He wished more than anything that he could go back in time, somehow avoid the portal that had whisked him away to this hellish meeting. The raised voices, the heated dialogue, all this confusion. Ro was a veritable introvert. His days of dealing with crowds were supposed to be over. All this noise, all these people... they just made him tired. And he was already so ******** tired.

Under normal circumstances, he might have introduced himself to the moonwalker Alexis had called Preacher. In this particular scenario, he was too caught up in his own misery to care about niceties.

I just wanna ******** go home.

Daekie

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 am
On the topic of familiar animals, "They aren't immortal, and their lifespans are not tied to yours, unfortunately. A familiar animal can be expected to live perhaps double their expected natural lifespan. I've never seen one live to old age, however. Where their warg isn't murdered, most familiar animals vanish with the resets. When their bonded dies, if the familiar is within its natural lifespan it seems to return to its life before." She glanced from Ollie to Theo to Nasir. "Speaking of wargs, perhaps all of them present could control their bonded familiars? There is delicate magic at work here! I will not hesitate to banish the animals to a room outside this one if they are not in the direct custody of their bonded in the next thirty seconds."

Her attention turned to Marcus next. "And you! If alcohol were safe to have in this situation, it would have been provided! Put that away!"

At least Horace didn't seem to be causing her any apoplexies. "A wise choice," said Silk to Horace, bowing at the shoulders. "The ice and allowing her to remain at home. This situation... It wouldn't be healthy for her to see it." She lifted her chin again as Horace returned to his peers.

"I was a fetch already by the time of the creation of the Charter," said Silk stiffly to Nasir. It seemed she remembered his rather disastrous meeting with her. "I don't know why the spirit-bound were split. Such things didn't interest me. They still do not interest me; I find wargs and moonwalkers are almost uniformly rude." She stared daggers at Oliver, for some reason. Then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, composing herself.

[The next GM post will come Wednesday june 21 around 5pm]

a-disgruntled-d1ragon
erin
azu1redreams
jeremiah and nasir
The Sem1blance of Unity
preacher, horace, and temperance
demon_pach1abel
cassandra
Mela1ncholies
Oliver and Shiloh and Mila
iloveyo1uDIE
algernon and wil
D1aekie
alexis
saed1usk
Jamie and Elliot
Sme1rdle
Rabbit, Theo, Chester
ciba1rium
eve and leila
Grey 1Dragon
kaleb
Blade Ku1roda
Shun
lizbo1t
America
AM1Itotic
Lily
Ephe1be
Nazriya
Gh1ouIs
Ro
iStoleYurV1amps
Marcus and Abigail

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:36 am
Biscuit was pacing quietly near Leila's feet. Thank goodness for flock behavior; it had saved them from Silk's ire for the moment.

Topic: Nobles; geas; cycles

"The new system you want to build for Nobles sounds a little like an R1 position, where you're responsible for students as well as generating more information on your area of expertise," Leila said, crossing her arms and squinting a little. "Advisorship instead of tithing... continued surveying of the otherworld, essentially. Review system instead of the geas we have now." She looked to America with a nod. "I'd like to see them earn their tenure too, even if it's just for one more cycle. Could the court deal with the representatives be used for that? Y'know, a peer review."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 am
Theo hadn't expected an answer from Silk herself, and he nodded deeply after her brief explanation, backing away from the edge of the pit and finally crossing his arms. The word 'reset' flashed in his mind, clearly a threat even if he didn't know why. Not enough of a threat to keep him from smirking at the scolding of his fellow wargs, however. While he was generally able to keep Toto under control just by holding him, he preferred to let the skunk roam and sniff as he pleased. Maybe he was a little glad he'd left him home after all.

The arguments floating around failed to engage him as they probably should have, and he had no opinions on anything beyond the spirit bond. Even then, his thoughts were hardly revolutionary. If it was reinstated, he would probably do very little to earn it for himself. Done and done.

Smerdle

Scamp

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:12 am
Nasir held a hand out to Trouble who was sitting on the railing next to him. The flying squirrel familiar jumped the short distance and climbed to settle on his shoulder.

Thankfully, he did not look too taken back with Silk's reaction. Mostly because their private meeting had been disastrous and any respect or otherwise from her would have to be earned. "If, perhaps, another fetch knows - one who became one after the charter and during that era - it would be helpful to know, even if it is after we do what we came here today for."

Trying to not fidget nervously here.

... or someone could go to the library mentioned later. He bowed, mostly trying to be respectful. "Thanks for answering, Silk, and all the time you've out into organizing this." Then he was slipping back next to Lily and Wil, quiet while he worked out his own thoughts.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces