Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
X'MAS 2015 Do it For Her: Multi-week Contest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:04 am
06. Holly Holiday Cheer: FAILURE  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:06 am
07. Certain Adorable Death: SUCCESS  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:07 am
08. A Palace Abode: SUCCESS  
Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:08 am
09. The Gift of MAGIC: SUCCESS  

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:10 am
10. A Pile of Shiny Crap: SUCCESS  
Biblioburro rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:47 pm
9. A Joke To Lift Her Spirits: SUCCESS  

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
Biblioburro rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:56 pm
10. Undying Devotion: FAILURE  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:21 am
Everything you have, everything you are, you've got to give –

"You want to put them together? Should we hang the sword from the tree?"

Despite my misgivings she’s determined and we sit down with what we’ve accomplished to work out exactly what the combined gift will be.

"Well, all of this stuff, it’s sort of like a Christmas gift experience…" I venture.

"Of course!" She jumps on the suggestion and the two of us spend the rest of the day getting ready.

Eventually we stand back to look at what we’ve done and I’m pleased, both for myself and for Pearl.

Pearl looks more excited than I’ve ever seen. "I’ll call her and when she arrives, she’ll walk through the door and see everything waiting. The tree will be shining, the song of the sea will be playing, the food will smell heavenly. The snowflake will be there and so will the letter."

"And you."

"Yes, and me."

(Did the whole terrible art thing again by grabbing some stock photos off Google and creating a scene. The combined gift is everything together in a Pearl Xmas Experience, haha.

User Image
User Image
User Image

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:13 am

"Hmm... Alright. I've got an idea. Maybe we can bind these hairs together to make a brush and... Oh! If we glue the cards together we can use them as a canvas. I've never really tried using makeup as an impromptu watercolor paint before, but hey, I'm sure tears will work just as fine as actual water would. Right?"
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:39 pm
And then you do it for her, that's how you know you can win –

Open the door,
Please come inside.
It’s all here before you,
I’ve got nothing to hide.

There is a tree,
Watch it sparkle and shine.
Did you realize my dear,
There’s two meanings to pine?
As you take a seat,
Will my feelings be clear?
My love is eternal,
It cannot be beat.

Open the door,
Please come inside.
My heart is waiting,
For us to collide.

This snowflake won’t melt,
This song’s from the sea.
It’s all here for you,
Along with my plea.
Let me be at your side,
Right till the end.
Together forever,
As lover and friend.

Listen to Ruri sing...

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I look at you, and all I can see
Is the woman I want to be
Strong and brave, true as the stars
Do you accept me?

I don't seem much, a little thing
But I'm not one for a fling
Real and kind, my heart to yours
Do you accept me?

If you accept
All that I am
For you I'll be
The calmest of seas  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:38 am

With some inspiration, Pearl crafted an ornate headpiece with the objects she acquired - plus a few extras. A ribbon, a paper butterfly and a silk rose make their way in the mix and make a pretty accessory. Pearl models it on her mannequin head that she uses to keep her own accessories and wigs for performances.

User Image

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:37 am

The day we met planted seeds in my heart
Flowers grew wild and free, tearing me apart.
You held me close like a moment so dear,
It was in your embrace I let go of my fear...

Let me do this for you, my Rose!
Let me shower you in praise and prose;
Fight for you, through throes and foes
Stay with you in meadows and repose.
Be my beloved, please, and stay close.

The day you kissed me I became yours
And the music inside me came out in scores.
I'd dance forever if it would make you smile
So please, my love, stay with me a while...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:57 pm

The pair of them stood in Sugar Delight's livingroom (as the fake-gem had no residence anywhere near phonyland). Luafien had a banjo tucked against her chest and a harmonica in her mouth and she knew how to play neither, but she was going to hope on the power of love to get her through this. However, the slumped figure in the middle of the room did not nearly have the same amount of confidence that emotional energies could cure a lack of skill.

"...What is it?" When she spoke, Luafien dropped the poor, abused harmonica. It had done nothing to deserve this torture. She didn't think the routine was that bad. It has a certain charm to it!

"Is this really enough? It all seems.... silly." One deceptively delicate hoof reached out, lightly prodding at the pink plastic castle. They hadn't been able to get a real palace abode, after all, the real estate market on those premade were kind of slim pickings, and they sort of had a time schedule to keep up with. As in, impending Christmas catastrophe. Speaking of catastrophes, their Ferocious Servant was smacking at the pile of shiny s**t again. Luafien shooed the rambunctious cat, who did not appreciate her play time being interrupted.

"Oooh, that. I guess so, but the stuff you said made it seem like she'd like silly things." Luafien shrugged, carefully rubbing the now slightly dirty harmonica down against her clothes.

"It's just- my adoration of her isn't silly, it shouldn't be represented by- by bears in dresses!" The flutter slumped down. It wasn't that Pearl had any particular problem with bears in dresses, and this bear in a dress was particularly cute and ruffly and pink, it just wasn't enough. The tonberry was mildly bewildering. Pearl was sure she was missing the reference, there.

"Your adoration for her is kinda silly-" the not-gem flinched at the harsh look Pearl immediately gave her, "Let me explain!" She pleaded, hands waving in attempt to keep her there.

"I mean, just... look at all of this-" Luafien pointed at the pile of junk (and one sneaking kitten) still on her living room floor, "We went out and fought a bunch of really scary things to get all of these, like, actually dangerous scary things," the human rubbed at one of her many bruises, hidden beneath body paint, "Just because you wanted to make sure Rose knows that you love her, and that she'll love you back."

"Yes. I'm very certain I made that obvious at the beginning." Pearl huffed, antsy body telling her to just leave and find a way to salvage this gift-giving operation, but still too polite to just leave while someone's trying to talk to her.

"Then why the heck were you putting yourself in danger?" Luafien used her humanness to her advantage, waggling a finger in Pearl's face, "It's putting her into an unfair place, asking her to value you when you won't even value yourself. Don't you think it'll hurt her?"

At least that had the flutter taken aback, wide eyes flinching away.

"I didn't think about it like that..." She admitted quietly.

"And that's why it's silly. You're too caught up in Giftmas that you're forgetting the Withmas." The human shook her head- it wasn't helpful just to scold Pearl. "Look, we- uh, I mean, humans have a time-honored traditional remedy for Christmas ********. It's called 'get a ridiculously fancy greetings card and write something from the heart''. I heard it's actually pretty successful." Luafien's words were punctuated by a card being slapped onto the desk before Pearl.

"I picked it up while we were at the bookstore. Just in case." She gently encouraged, pushing it and a pen towards the mare.

"What if they... don't want me there? Rose is going to be with her family." There it was, bubbling fears finally boiling up in a mess of emotions twisting down on Pearl's face. The mare sat heavily, her usual pristine composure flaking away.

"And what? You think she doesn't see you as family anymore?" Got the nail right on the head with that one, Pearl slumping until her face touched the desk.

"....What if she doesn't?" Luafien's horrible little heart ached for her at those pathetically sad words.

"Of course she does. She's not like most phonies, is she?" The human encouraged, pushing the card towards Pearl.

"No, she isn't. But... I don't know what to write-" Sheepishness melded into thoughtfulness, the flutter's face pinching as she pulled the card closer to her.

"Forget all the elaborate Christmas ritual: Don't think. Feel. What do need her to know?"

So I got physical representations for the gifts and photographed them and even filmed them, but then in the end I fell in love with the story I was crafting more. Possibly a bad move. At any rate, I still wanted to DO something with all my footage, so have a blooper reel!
Troubles.

Luafien

Super Wife

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:58 pm

A universe of worthy souls
But you found one wayward foal
To shield and you healed
Every thorn of confusion
So I've made my conclusion
That I will stay by your side
Though I will never be your...
But since I can't say that,
I'll say:

Dear Rose,
I suppose
That sometimes I'm too rash
But I just need you to know
That I
Will last

I've always fought with endless pride
Since pain is far when at your side
You cared and I dared
To hope that each sacrifice
Was worth more than the price
And you could make the most of
Every devoted act of...
But since I can't say that,
I'll say:

Oh Rose,
Who knows
What will happen each day
But I just need you to know
That I
Will stay

"That's... that's all, I think." The mare squeezed her eyes shut, blinking away traitorous tears trying to slip free, pen neatly set aside as she finished her card.

"That was beautiful," Luafien murmured, 'and mildly bewildering'. She was thoroughly incapable of keeping her big hands to herself, reaching out to brush some of Pearl's mane back into place.

"... I should go give her this." Pearl said, though in a halting tone, still so caught up in the pomp and circumstance of Christmas to just let go into it.

"You should go give her that." What were very new friends for if not to parrot back obvious facts to give reassurance? Luafien nudged the flutter towards the door, smiling at the uncertain mare. Friends also needed to know when to hang back and let someone walk alone. Luafien had the feeling that lesson would be a hard one for Pearl- but at least it wasn't a lesson for today.

"I... thank you," the mare offered, slightly muffled from where she bit down at the edge of the card. With a shooing motion from Luafien, she finally turned away, flitting off to an uncertain, but likely glorious Christmas. (Because Rose would be in it.)

Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff