Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Start of a Long Road Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:08 am
Darksol88
Aden gave a nod in thanks as he took a seat on a nearby table, and thought for a second. He didn't have much to say, at least for the moment.

I sat down at the table and took a bite out of my sandwich. I then looked over towards Aden. "Well, dig in, Aden." I said.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 am
Aden had no qualms about doing just that, taking a bite before he decided to speak again. "Hm. Maybe if I could find a way for Nidoran to learn some other moves..." He pondered about this for a bit, knowing of the versatility it was capable of.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:30 am
Darksol88
Aden had no qualms about doing just that, taking a bite before he decided to speak again. "Hm. Maybe if I could find a way for Nidoran to learn some other moves..." He pondered about this for a bit, knowing of the versatility it was capable of.

"Your moves were just fine, Aden." I said, taking a sip of my Coke afterward. "Aden, let me let you in on a little something. You're stressing out over what you done wrong in that fight, you're trying to over think things and you stress out over it right in mid fight."

I took a bite out of my sandwich again then sat back a little. "Now that you're out of the battle now. Think back. How did Jackie battle to you?" I asked.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 am
"To start... he planned ahead. Sounded kinda brash about his orders, and taking advantage of his Pokemon's aerial abilities to remain on the offensive throughout." Aden explained. "That constant offensive had its costs, with each time the opponent was left open in mid attack. At least, it did when under a constant defensive."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:50 am
Darksol88
"To start... he planned ahead. Sounded kinda brash about his orders, and taking advantage of his Pokemon's aerial abilities to remain on the offensive throughout." Aden explained. "That constant offensive had its costs, with each time the opponent was left open in mid attack. At least, it did when under a constant defensive."

"Well, Aden. What do you suppose you need to do?" I asked him.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:03 am
"I only see a couple of options. The only one with me that has long range attacks is Poliwhirl. I left Arcanine and Rhydon behind, but neither of them would be any more effective in anti-air situations than the rest of my party." Aden said. "Which leaves either finding a quick method to cover that disadvantage or going out and seeing if there's a Pokemon that can handle it along with being a good addition aside. Either a flier or something able to strike an area would be the best bets."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:12 am
Darksol88
"I only see a couple of options. The only one with me that has long range attacks is Poliwhirl. I left Arcanine and Rhydon behind, but neither of them would be any more effective in anti-air situations than the rest of my party." Aden said. "Which leaves either finding a quick method to cover that disadvantage or going out and seeing if there's a Pokemon that can handle it along with being a good addition aside. Either a flier or something able to strike an area would be the best bets."

"Well if I can ask something." I asked Aden. "Why didn't you use Raticate? Other than the whole ground disadvantage thing?" Curiosity was a bit obvious in that tone.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:21 am
"Purely short range, and nothing that would fully justify using it. With Nidoran, I can poison some of the attackers." Aden answered. "Speed will only do so much, especially when you're found to play defense in a fight."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:40 am
Darksol88
"Purely short range, and nothing that would fully justify using it. With Nidoran, I can poison some of the attackers." Aden answered. "Speed will only do so much, especially when you're found to play defense in a fight."

"Eh, true." I said, shrugging. I then took out another bite. "Well. I did have one thing in mind for you if you are interested." I said to him. "Though don't expect such grand results considering what I am about to tell you is nothing short of you capturing another Pokemon, which in essence is kind of foolhardy to take a freshly caught Pokemon into a gym fight...buuuuut, just south of the city, on the very edge of it for that matter, there are Mareep around. Maybe a rare Flaffy or two. But generally, they are Electric types that might do you a slight bit of justice."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:50 am
"An Electric type... it'd be worth a shot if nothing else. Training it wouldn't be possible to do without keeping things on hold for at least a couple of days. Not that it'd go without saying. I had a similar idea in mind, but it'd be even further off. I know Nidoran can learn a couple of moves like that himself, but they're not something he'd know by himself." Aden wasn't sure how much he liked either idea. A delay was inevitable and expected. But taking in something just picked up from the wild... it was crazy. Even if it did listen right away, it wouldn't have the experience his party possessed.

But maybe... maybe if he left it to a situational use until he could train it... it'd be a gamble, but the odds would have some improvement. "...I think it'd be just as well. I've been meaning to go out and buy a few Pokeballs since I've been able to."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:05 pm
Darksol88
"An Electric type... it'd be worth a shot if nothing else. Training it wouldn't be possible to do without keeping things on hold for at least a couple of days. Not that it'd go without saying. I had a similar idea in mind, but it'd be even further off. I know Nidoran can learn a couple of moves like that himself, but they're not something he'd know by himself." Aden wasn't sure how much he liked either idea. A delay was inevitable and expected. But taking in something just picked up from the wild... it was crazy. Even if it did listen right away, it wouldn't have the experience his party possessed.

But maybe... maybe if he left it to a situational use until he could train it... it'd be a gamble, but the odds would have some improvement. "...I think it'd be just as well. I've been meaning to go out and buy a few Pokeballs since I've been able to."

"Well, I guess after we get done eating and let our stomachs settle we can head down that way then and have a look around." I said to him. "But keep in mind, Aden, type match ups are only part of the game. You saw how Jackie pulled his stunts off. And Falkner, I assure you, will be worse. You best go in knowing what you are doing."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:12 pm
"Yeah." Aden nodded. "I know I'm not going to be suited to an aerial fight, even if I was to get my hands on a Flying Pokemon. That'd be even more foolish than taking in something newly caught and using an existing method. Yanno, stick to the ground, but keep things ranged."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:35 pm
Darksol88
"Yeah." Aden nodded. "I know I'm not going to be suited to an aerial fight, even if I was to get my hands on a Flying Pokemon. That'd be even more foolish than taking in something newly caught and using an existing method. Yanno, stick to the ground, but keep things ranged."

"Well, thats basically my two cents in the matter." I said, taking a french fry and started to down it. "Its your tour, you decide whats right."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 pm
"I'll stick to what I know. Expand as I go, yanno." Aden said, sipping on the Coke himself. It wasn't too bad.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 am
Darksol88
"I'll stick to what I know. Expand as I go, yanno." Aden said, sipping on the Coke himself. It wasn't too bad.

"Yea, I know. At any rate, just don't let that fight get to you that much. You lost. Its bound to happen at one point or another, at times more than you can care for, but you will get better, alright?" I said. "Remember what I told you back at the beginning. Your Pokemon depends on you as you depend on them..."  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 255 256 257 258 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games