Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Star Gate Command (Decommissioned)

Back to Guilds

Reply Dead Worlds
Something wrong (EVERYONE welcome. Base personnel included.) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:27 pm
Oh dear!

Something has gone terribly wrong..

JL has come back from an archaeological dig with an infected SG-15 member... the other 2 SG-15 members are missing and the archaeologists form the site are dead... What happened?!

+Everyone in the whole guild is welcome to post. It is an RP onbase after all!
+I really REALLY want good posts. No one liners with those little ** things.. =3 Proper RP plzthnx.
+No Godmoding/powerplaying and all that jazz!
+Watch this space for summaries of what the hell is going on!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:29 pm
It was a usual run of the mill day at the SGC. A couple of teams were offworld, people chatted in the Mess, avoiding paperwork, techies and scientists blew things up and stopped things working. Everything was spiffy really, as it should be.

JL wasn't here. She'd gone offworld with SG-15 to look at an archaeological dig they were conducting on PX92745. Someone had said to her it was a nice place, full of trees and mist and lakes. They hadn't been kidding. It was like paradise, endless blue skies, thick grass. Kinda like earth before humans sunk their claws in.

Suddenly, back at the peaceful SGC, suddenly sirens blared and an announcement of 'unschedueled offworld activation!' had the marines running to their posts in the gat-room, weapons trained on the swirling vortex of the gate. Someone closed the iris until someone else realised SG-15's code was being trasmitted. Once the iris was open again, a SG-15 member and JL tumbled through the gate, the former unconsious and the latter ruffled and with a deep gash in her arm. The General sat up and looked to the marines. "Medical team. Now!"  

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

Snow Fairy Blood
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:41 pm
(Sitting at her usual post around the Gate controls, SFB had her Gate teams scrambling to the control room to help with the situation)

Gen.JL, ma'am, what the heck just happen over there?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:50 pm
Startled by the sirens, Space almost tripped over. She was close to the gate room, so she thought she'd go in and see what the fuss was about. As the marines filed in, she snuck round behind the guy in the corner with the sub-machine gun, figuring she'd be pretty safe there.

Seeing the General took her by surprise, the wound on her arm looked nasty. She winced, and looked at her feet. Not really sure if there was anything she could do, she felt obliged to offer, anyway.
Stepping forward, "Uhm.. General?" She jogged over to the ramp, and held a neatly folded material handkerchief at arms length.
"Here. Squash it on the cut and hold it up.." She stopped for fear of sounding patronizing.
"It should do until the Med-Team get here." Stepping back, she looked up at the control room, hoping not to be in too much trouble for that gesture.  

Wing Commander Space

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lily Labtech
Crew

3,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:56 pm
(Labtech had just finished up on her and SFB's latest work when a siren went off. Knowing her role in this situation, she grabbed her tool set and headed for the Gate room. On the way she went about and collected up the other handful of Gate technicians that were about the base. Finally her team reached the sealed doors of the Gate room. Clicking the com-button she spoke)

Col.SFB, the Gate technician team is assembled outside the right entrance. Let us know if we are needed. We will be here on stand-by until further noticed.

(Since joining the SGC, Labby never had any adventure except her and SFB's secret experiements. Now that an emergency had happened, she was fully prepared to show everyone what she could do)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:01 pm
JL looked to SFB before Space was close and seemed about to answer when the civvie offered the hanky. She blinked at her for a few moments before saying a quiet "Thanks." and taking it and pressing it against the wound with a wince. She noticed the marines standing down, greatfully too. The General then looked back to SFB back in the control room and made a gesture with her good arm for her to come down into the gate room, before applying the hankercheif back to her other arm.

The SG-15 member was a certain sergeant Matthews and he looked ratehr worse for wear. He didn't seem to have any blood on his clothes but he was pale and his breathing shallow, almost gasping as if he couldn't breathe. JL was watching him worriedly, not knowing what to do.

((I love Labby. She's cute razz ))  

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

Wing Commander Space

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:10 pm
Equally unsure of what to do, though for an entirely different reason, Space backed off almost completely. She stood by the wall, a little concerned that the man in her line of vision was contagious. Suddenly attacked by waves of guilt, she rushed over to him. Not to close, mind, but close enough to offer him some water, a bottle of which is always kept in the bag that she is never without. She now stood to the side of the ramp, leaning over to check that he was breathing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:13 pm
(SFB nodded to JL and then hit the com-button)

Labby, take your team up here to the control room and start with normal proceedures. I will be down the the Gate area with the General.

(With that, SFB pressed the door release button allowing traffic to flow freely through the control center and Gate room. Walking down the stairs and into the Gate area, SFB walked staight up to JL)

Wow, nasty cut you got there. So what the hell just happened over there? I thought that world was clear for civilian work.

Snow Fairy Blood
Captain

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:20 pm
JL watched Space give water to the Sergeant. "Wouldn't go too close if I was you." She said quietly to the anthropologist, watching the pale SG-15 member doubtfully. She then looked to the Colonel and spoke. "Yeah.. I... don't really remember to be honest... I think I hit my head along the line." She stopped to think. "The archaeologists at the site.. they're all dead." She said quietly after a moment. "And.. I remember the otehr two members of SG-15. We got split up. Matthews and I.. and the others." She quickly snapped to attention all of a sudden as if coming out of a daze. "Get Matthews in isolation." She said extremley quickly, a worried edge to her tone, before looking at Space. "Don't touch his skin!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:23 pm
(Labby and her team quickly moved up to the control room and began their work. Gate scanning, secruity checks, general maintanence, and all other work began. It was going to be an hour before everything was done, but this was her job, and she was happy to do it)

((Ehehe, thanks Gen.JL. I, uh, think you look cool too. redface )  

Lily Labtech
Crew

3,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Snow Fairy Blood
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:30 pm
(SFB suddenly understanding the situation took out her radio)

Medical team, bring hazmat gear. We have an unknown infection contained in an SG member, caution is advised. Well, I think that should take care of it. Now to get you to the medic station. Oh yeah.

(Pulling out her radio again)

Labby, put out a quartine order of the Gate room and clear the way for the medic teams that will be here soon.

(Turning back to JL with a comforting smile on her face)

So, shall we walk to the good doctor's office to get you looked at?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:35 pm
Dropping the water she'd been holding for the obviously ill Sergent Matthews, and flinging her hands up beside her head, she stared at her left. An obvious tremor in her now quiet voice,
"What happens if you touch his skin?"
Well. She'd moved his arm, but she was pretty sure that'd been down to tugging the loosely fitted jacket. She wasn't doing a good job of convincing herself. She had been nervous of him, so she wouldn't have touched him, would she? Of course not, she wasn't stupid. Although she had moved his head to the side, to check if he was breathing; but that wasn't what the general meant, surely.
"I didn't touch him."
Putting her hands down, and in her pockets, almost instantaneously, she shrugged and moved back. Still hoping the answer to her question wouldn't be too bad.  

Wing Commander Space

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lily Labtech
Crew

3,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:37 pm
(Labby presses her com-button again)

Understood. Basic medical staff will be in the Gate room in one minute. Hazmat teams will be there in 3 minutes. The Gate room is now a quaratine area.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:51 pm
JL nodded. Oh great, just what she needed, Feral flapping at her. Then... ARGH STITCHES was the next thought. It would certainley be interesting to say the least. She got to her feet, uncliping her helmet with her good hand and passing it to a marine who was leaving the room. She glanced worriedly at Matthews again before looking back to SFB. She then heard Space flapping and looked at her, swaying a little. "Good. I... I think it passes through skin-to-skin contact." JL then looked at her own hands, her palms hidden by her gloves but her fingers exposed. "I really hope I haven't touched him myself to be honest. Are you -sure- Space? Maybe you should come with us.." She took a wobbly step towards the 'Gate room doors, clutching her arm again.  

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

Snow Fairy Blood
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:05 pm
Woah there General.

(SFB rushed over and helped brace her with her arm)

Don't take it so fast. I'll help yah out, and you can tell me what happened on the way. And I agree with JL, just to be safe I am going to have to you to come with us Space.  
Dead Worlds

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff