Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:22 am
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 am
"So, let me see..." The otter sat back and observed the Uni from a distance, she was certainly a pretty thing but he couldn't quite fathom why on earth (and in the name of the spirits) she would have chosen to take this path. No, she wasn't lost but she had made a number of decisions that had left her tiny friends reeling in astonishment - for there were very few who were quite so ridiculous in their 'plots'.

"Yes?" She canted her head to the side and smiled appreciatively towards the otter, a male one to be precise who had always lavished compliments upon her. To this day, he was her official best friend and she would be hard pressed to find another like him...Ash could only just cope with her unusual persona, the otter savoured it.

"Epitome of beauty seeks wild hearted stallion of opportunity, stallion must be tall, handsome and relaxed. Those without a sense of humour or with jealousy issues need not apply." The otter recounted, his tone dry as he fought back the urge to snicker. Sparkles had always been a flirtatious mare but this had to be her most original attempt to find 'Mister Right' so to speak.

"That sounds wonderful!"

"And you want me to shout this across the Kawani lands?"

"Well you are my little Herald, sweetie," Sparkles cooed, lowering her head to lip at the Otter gently before tossing her braids back and away from her eyes. She had been out of the loop for quite some time, away on her 'journey' of discovery...long enough to miss the arrival of a flock of new and potential play mates for her to enjoy.

"Do you think I should add something about colts?" She enquired dubiously, casting a glance towards her rippling reflection in the fast flowing stream that the otter remained within.

"In relation too...?"

"Not applying until they're older?" She replied, sticking her tongue out teasingly in response. The otter only sighed and shook his head, he had enough to remember as it was and only after he was certain that there were no predators around did he clamber out on to the shore and make himself comfortable.

"No need, so where should we start then?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 am
The thought of running seemed to clash into his thoughts after a rampage of bucking around for half an hour just to blow time. Days became endless and seemingly more repetitive. The sick mind games of other soquili seemed to make the stallion flee from there company.

His cool blue eyes stood out in his black and white pelt the only color to him and the only thing about him that made others drift from his prescence. They held such a cold heartlessness no one stuck around for much longer unless they knew him well enough like the little lady Anuyi who had taken after calling him Monsieur Medusa.

He huffed at the thought of that with a slight smirk. Hooves clashed with loose rock almost making him slip as he tried to trot down hill from it which was almost as stupid as walking down the steep thing but the stallion was always daring for adventure some said daring to die but he lived for them moment.

He reared up as the larger rocks started to fall and let out a snort before pushing back with his rear legs and using the only thing he knew how to, to get to saftey. Those large raven black wings. He sighed softly as he got to the part valley and part grassland below.

"Same old, Same old."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:24 am
"Well the beach was clear the last time I looked," Scrambling up the mare's leg and onto her back, the otter then scampered across her neck and took the opportunity to swing back and forth from her horn. He was only tiny and so she didn't struggle at the weight being applied to her head - rather she took the decision to start walking away from the stream and towards their starting location.

It wasn't long before her companion grew bored and with a 'chirp' he dropped to the ground and began to scurry alongside her as the long grasses came in to view. Ah, now this was the bit where he got lost...a lot.

Nevertheless, Sparkles was already taking the opportunity to scan the horizon for potential conversation - whether it be gossip, harmless flirting or something more grim (she could always lighten the mood), she wasn't all that fussy. In the long run...people always ended up talking about the same thing anyway, it was just a matter of being patient.

"Here?" He chirped again.

"This is the place, get cracking!" She ordered, providing him with a delicate flourish and then breaking into a trot so that the pair parted ways. It wasn't long before she could hear the faint holler of her friend in the distance but for now she was on her own.

...Now if the spirits would just -

With a startled blink she turned her gaze upwards as the dark shadow was cast on her form, squinting slightly against the contrast of the sun's rays and the creature above her head.

"Oooh," She murmured appreciatively as she watched the stallion fly by, fully aware of what he was as she was most certainly not naive! Granted, she may not be aware that every stallion in the Kawani risked having the personality of a mouldy tree stump but that didn't make him any less pleasant on the eye.

It was just a question as to whether he would land or not - she wasn't going to run after him if he wasn't.

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:05 am
If only the stallion had an ear for the talk that had been aroused between the mare and her small animal companion. Yes, he had seen them yet still he didn't know if he should bother to stop for them. He hadn't anything better to do, however and perhaps that is why he longed for it. A good conversation was good to come by these days it seemed.

He craned his head to look at the two as he lowered himself to the ground the wind below his wings coming to its end as he held his head in an almost a perfect half arc.

Unlike the mare Ares was fussy with his conversations, he wasn't going to deal with the moronic, stupid or any arrogant soquili. It never ended well with his short temper and there dull minds. Still no one could calm that fury inside him when he did find that anger; that is when he would have to take a night alone and consider what had happened earlier. It always ended the same. To judge him by the cover was one of the biggest mistakes many have made about him but then again he couldn't care less.

He looked to the mare almost debating still, the way the two conversed was peculiar. He trotted partial way to her and nickered to her. She was a unicorn, he had met one before. She alone had to reteach him his manners. After all being raised by a unikalona wasn't the best for buisness but then again was he not living with one at the moment?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:13 am
He had landed! The mare gave an appreciative squeal under her breath and shifted her weight from hoof to hoof briefly. Well, she knew her powers of persuasion were good but to mentally persuade the stallion to come down? Truly, she underestimated herself sometimes - if she was this good she should seriously consider turning herself in to a matchmaker. It was the perfect plan...All she would have to do is have the mare stand in a field then mentally command all stallions to flock towards her until she found the right one.

Fool proof!

She really did live in a world of her own, it wasn't that she was stupid (on the contrary she was quite intelligent) but she had always preferred to look at things in a more optimistic and pleasant light. For this reason and this reason alone she opted to ignore the somewhat uncomfortable body language he exuded and swivelled her ears round. Dusting off her rather fluffy hooves she then began to walk towards him, it was only as she drew nearer and came to a halt just a little aways from him that she realised he was just a little taller than she was.

Oooh, perfect!

"You fly well," she offered, allowing the smile to drift onto her equine lips even as her ears swivelled in response to the faint holler of her companion who seemed to be getting further away. She'd be inundated with men in no time!

"Quite a sight to behold when one swoops down with such grace, I assume you must practice often?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:36 am
By her movements he was already wondering if this was a good idea. He had no intention of sugar coating anything though by his own advice he wouldn't judge anyone by actions or appearences either. His ears flickered as she began the presumed conversation.

She was an almost off white, where as he was blinding white but she was softer to the eyes and had a pinkish tint to her eyes and ends of her mane. Though he did always notice another's eyes first, somethings as in 'gateway to their soul' did come into play in his mind. His eyes could be as souless as his insides and he didn't try to hide it but no one tried to understand it either.

Well built but not quite stocky, he barely had to look down at her seeing as they were almost the same height most mares he knew were far shorter than him besides his dark mother. "Thank you," he replied in his tone that was almost soft like silk but seemed to hold something darker within.

"The first time I 'flew' was when I was shoved off of a cliff." He said it almost nonchalante, almost joking before he finished. "I suppose you could say I have practiced often."

He let himself think before moving forward with the conversation. That whole manners lesson wasn't going to get far if you didn't practice upon it. "Forgive me, mademoiselle my name is Ares." Though he was rough around the edges with etiquitte he wouldn't beat himself down upon it because he was trying...trying very hard not to be a pain in the rear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:53 am
Practising etiquette probably wasn't the best thing to be doing with Sparks, even the most patient of individuals wanted to toss her in the lake within a short while. Deep down though, the mare did approve of his manners and it was with another of her bright smiles that she canted her head to the side. He seemed rather uncomfortable, almost as though the company of another didn't distress him...but wasn't exactly appreciated either.

"My parents call me Sparkles, but most just call me Sparks," She provided a haphazard shrug as though introductions weren't particularly important to her. However, the light twinkle in her eye indicated that she had clearly taken what he had said into account and had stored it - she was like an elephant, she may look dozey on the outside sometimes but she never forgot.

"So..." Giving her lion-like tail a lazy swish, she relaxed her pose so that it was more presentable and open (something that wasn't mirrored) and proceeded with the current topic of conversation. Her current plan was to gauge his sense of humour, a few little jests, subtle ones to see his reaction and then she would decide how to proceed with her little encounter.

All in all, those eyes didn't instil her with much confidence but she wasn't one to just give up, she'd give it a shot.

"You plunge off cliffs often then?" She offered teasingly.

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:06 pm
"Oh, everytime I get the chance," he replied with the same sarcasm in his voice. Sparkles...it was an interesting name. He himself would probably have preferred Sparks, then again he wouldn't have to worry aboout it seeing as Sparkles was a more feminine name and nothing of Ares said feminine. Not even the braids that were instilled in his mane and tail.

Something about her put him off guard, he didn't know if it was the way she was relaxed or the way she positioned herself. She seemed almost oddly innocent but by the soft twinkle in her eye he thought he was going to be proved wrong.

It seemed as though she was trying to get him to laugh of some sort but it would take a lot more than that seeing as he hadn't laughed a day in his life and almost never had a true genuine smile rather than just goofy looking smirks that still made him no less charming or elegant than before. It was just now that he had realized that the otter was gone...

"Where did your friend go?" he asked with a slight quirk in his brow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 pm
"Really?" Sparks raised a brow as the mental image of a soquili deliberating plunging off a cliff invaded her thoughts. While the consequences for ones without wings would be dire, this imaginary soquili did have them and the image was almost funny. Resisting the urge to laugh, she allowed her smile to deepen as his sarcasm easily parried her jest. "That must play havoc on your limbs, I'm surprised you haven't sprained anything..."

Taking a few moments to flick her gaze up and down his form, she found it rather easy to see the muscles. They weren't bulky but they were enough (in her eyes) and indicated that it would take a few jolts and plunges to make him limp. While the concept of making a soquili limp wasn't always desirable, there were more questionable ways to make one do so.

...Behave Sparks.

Shaking her head, she pushed the braids from her eyes and returned her gaze back to his. He'd only realised her partner in crime had disappeared?

"Ah, well you see..." She began sagely and shuffled her fluffy hooves, "My companion and I are hatching our latest plot," She began to move slowly towards him, turning her gaze towards the sky as she flicked her forehooves out in a rather deliberate manner.

"We're going to take over the world!"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 pm
"Not really," he winked and gave her that devious smirk of his. The manner he spoke in almost made it impossible to think he was being conceited rather than a very oxymoronic joking/serious. He almost smiled when he caught her looking at him, not even he had looked at her complete form yet besides from the sky with that quick glance.

He cut his thoughts away as he thought he was going to get an answer for the otter's reason for leaving but instead it seemed he had gotten more than he bargained for.

He didn't know if he should dub her as crazy or just a very humerous female almost flirty. He had yet to decide such grand accusations but she was intriguing to speak to.

"The world?" he asked. "That's pretty big for a little mare like yourself, isn't it?" he replied in a jeering voice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:57 pm
"Little?" Sparkles paused midstep, one hoof remaining suspended in the air as she contemplated the most appropriate come back for that 'insult'. While his tone of voice wasn't the nicest she had other ways of combating such things and it was with another bright smile that she turned to gaze at him and lowered her foot to the ground. It fell with a dull thump, once again emphasising how relaxed she was...it was almost as though a human could lift her leg without a struggle and then drop it again - whereas most would hold theirs in place.

Apparently his dark aura wasn't penetrating her own little world just yet. She lived in a giant bubble, usually only seeing what she wanted to and for the most part she only interpreted things the way she wanted to as well. Infuriating as it may have been to some, it always kept life entertaining for her.

"Nice of you to notice how lithe I am," She mused at last, wagging her tail lazily in the process. It was only then that she swooped round again and released a small giggle of appreciation for his 'naivety', she would definitely have to teach him!

"Most wait a few more minutes before complimenting me and in terms of how big this world is..." She slipped a more devilish smile onto her lips and began to creep towards the male, one step at a time.

"...Conquering it bit by bit makes it so much easier!" She informed him, her expression instantly transforming into the bubbly one it had been before. "Besides, my friend is quitethe diplomat and always gets me what I want!"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:51 pm

He was glad she didn't take it as an insult, he hated it when others took things as insulting when they were apparently not. Once again arrogance. He was merely stating in a very large world she was relatively small. IT was all how someone percieved what one said and you couldn't change how people thought but which was more amusing was that he wasn't getting tired of her prescence. Though she seemed slightly spoiled in some sort of way.

Her speaking of getting what she wanted when he had to just worry about surviving. He didn't know how long this was going to last but he'd stick it out for awhile. She was far from unbearable however.

"I notice many thing ma cherie." Her expressions made him tense but raise his brow slightly as he grinned lightly. "How many bits have yiu conquered exactly?"

He relaxed slightly as she went back to her 'happy go' personality. He wasn't complaining yet though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:43 pm
"Well there was that little region by the oasis up north," She drifted into her own mind as she recollected areas she had 'conquered'. She hadn't so much conquered them as had as many dates as possible with as many stallions as possible in a short space of time. Her view of conquering the world was definitely a great deal different than that of a megalomaniac - to dominate the world in her eyes, meant to have as many friends (or beaus) as possible.

"...And the forests over the mountain, and that adorable little village by the beach..." They were trivial, small places of little interest to most. Simple pleasures were savoured by this one, extravagance (while enjoyed) wasn't something she was quite as used to as she appeared. As a nomad she had little time for extravagance and company was fleeting - on most occasions she took it where she could.

Like now.

"Then that place by the three ponds," Drifting out of her own thoughts once more, she wasn't aware that her conquered lands were laughable and instead she seemed rather satisfied with herself. After all, she had declared that she would conquer one step at a time, she hadn't specified how small the steps were.

...That and there were many males to meet and greet.

"I am making progress, don't you think?" Her tone was wistful and she gave a lazy wag of her tail as she examined his form. According to his body language he had relaxed just a little so perhaps a raccoon hadn't rammed a stick up his a** just yet.

"Of course if I had you wings I expect I would move faster, no?"

Epine de Rose

Death to Blondes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:38 pm
He quirked a brow at her, the little female had an interesting personality...but he had met far more interesting. She was just peculiar, though it was amusing how she thought she'd take over the world. She had ambition at least. "I do not recall visiting any of the places you have just mentioned. I'm usually pretty observant, when I fly so perhaps I have yet to see these lands that you call yours." he dismissed her almost. The flirtacious female was going to have to try harder...a lot harder if she planned to conquer these lands, the lands he called his.

His ears perked forward as he saw some sort of look cross her face, almost unnerving but he wasn't going to make word of it. She was a bit full of herself, wasn't she? He was almost getting bored and his attention getting lost from her and almost felt like moving on. Perhaps he just wasn't interested in her...that or just playing hard to get but seeing as it was there first meeting it'd most likely be the first option no matter how attractive he thought she was.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff