Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Convince me
  No, but maybe under different conditions.
View Results

Captain Rozenn
Crew

Barking Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:48 pm
Let me know if you're interested. But if I do one, here's the ground rules (why people probably won't want to... but this is how I do rping, have for years and I love it. I wouldn't be mad if no one wants to, but I thought I'd give you a chance to take a taste of a fully developed rp, just short of a real story, pretty much)
...I lay out everything. Where things are in general (little details can be made by anyone), the people around us, what happens and when. You do as you please, my character and the people around them react as I see fit. When something happens, I give you the chance to react to it. In other words, I'm sort of a god... playing chess with everyones characters, but you're the opposing player, trying to win the game by deftly moving your own pieces... posts are preferably more than a few lines long, I'd like to say... one strong paragraph? More hopefully, but I'm flexable. My posts will usually be longer, I have more to control, more responsible for. And I'm obsessed with rping.

The rp itself, we're on the same side. A game of chess isn't always fought one side against the other... another part of the struggle is deciding what piece is expendable, and that's where that whole player vs player thing comes into play. Our characters may be on the same side, but our, and maybe even their; interests may not be. I will also control the "other" side, our opposition in the rp. That is, common brigands or thieves, up until the actual people causing all the trouble in the rp that need to be confronted.

So pretty much... it's like we're all writing a story... a story set in a world I create and you all interact with. Think of me as a GM (or, if you aren't a nerd and don't know what that is, think of me as some sort of leader, picking the battle field)

If you're interested, let me know! If you want examples... see my site, my forum... http://z14.invisionfree.com/Black_Rose
Hopefully that'll help... You have more control in the rps then all the above lets you think, but your control ends at my will. *giggling*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:51 pm
Also, characters don't have to have pictures as descriptions... I find it easier to just throw out a few words about hair color, special features (high cheek bone, gaunt features, a hawkish nose, or a small nose, or small ears, deep set eyes, whatever) eye color, skin tone, heigh weight build, all little things that can craft a character, while still leaving something to the imagination. Let others see your characters as they want to, and they're likely to like them more and the rp will go along smoothly, more so, at least. A quick description of clothes and sort of weapons or abilities they may have help too. My rps tend to be medieval fantasy... either worlds I craft myself set in the age of blades and armor, or the same with magic. I do other things too though.  

Captain Rozenn
Crew

Barking Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Maiasura
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:35 pm
Is the roleplay going to be posted in this thread?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:30 am
nope, i was just curious if anyone was interested.
especially with my gal going off to australia for quite some time, i'll be nearly dead in my tracks for rps. kysis/nari may still post every so often, but i know i need something else to keep my occupied.  

Captain Rozenn
Crew

Barking Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Maiasura
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:08 am
I don't roleplay, sorry. ;__;
I tried roleplaying once when I first joined Gaia and some one told me I sucked at it so I kinda stopped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:22 pm
Aw
Anyway I could do another roleplay here. I don't understand fully the meaning but I could whip up a nice one. :3  

Jessybelldove

Maiasura
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:45 pm
No one would roleplay in it, but you and probably LadyMav.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:57 am
Do you think Shadow would join this guild?  

Jessybelldove

Captain Rozenn
Crew

Barking Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:04 am
hmmm... i'm going to start planning one. something new and different to catch peoples interest, i'll put it right into the normal rping section thinger of gaia and let you know of any good rpers to try and hook for the guild. 3nodding if you want 'em. and it'll give me a good chance to rp with a larger variety of people. i just want to keep it third person and longer posts... the rest is a bonus, if it happens.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:34 pm
LadyMav
hmmm... i'm going to start planning one. something new and different to catch peoples interest, i'll put it right into the normal rping section thinger of gaia and let you know of any good rpers to try and hook for the guild. 3nodding if you want 'em. and it'll give me a good chance to rp with a larger variety of people. i just want to keep it third person and longer posts... the rest is a bonus, if it happens.

Third person and longer posts is what I love!
I can create stories then. ToT  

Jessybelldove

Maiasura
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:04 pm
Jessybelldove
When you invited me to this guild I considered inviting her but I know she is already part of a lot of guilds and she has a hard time keeping up with them all since she doesn't get a lot of online time. I know if I asked her she would join but I don't want to ask her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:14 pm
Maiasura
Jessybelldove
When you invited me to this guild I considered inviting her but I know she is already part of a lot of guilds and she has a hard time keeping up with them all since she doesn't get a lot of online time. I know if I asked her she would join but I don't want to ask her.

Hmm you are very thoughtful of your friend. 3nodding  

Jessybelldove

Maiasura
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:53 am
Jessybelldove
Maiasura
Jessybelldove

Hmm you are very thoughtful of your friend. 3nodding
Thank you. Not only goes she have to keep up with her guilds, she now has to try and keep up in our Pokemon story that we started.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:46 pm
still, feel free to check out my site examples of the rps we do. good stuff between me and kysis! YAY... speaking of which... she needs to post... *grumbles*

i suppose i'd be set with any ol' rp now. i wanted something epic but id be happy with running a bar right now. forget running off and killing baddies, lets just fish out the rum and get to brawling...

hehe  

Captain Rozenn
Crew

Barking Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Maiasura
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 pm
That sounds like fun! : D