Reply Debate and Discussion
Question On Salvation Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TalyeKendrin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:42 am
Question: What do you think happens if someone lives their entire life for God, then sins right before they die and doesn't have a chance to ask God's forgiveness for it?

My mother and I are currently debating this, and I believe that if they don't ask God's forgiveness for their sin, they will not be able to get into Heaven--however, my mother thinks otherwise.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:23 pm
Forgiveness from G-d is a sort of quasi-blanket. Remember, at the cross, Jesus forgave all our sins, we need only to ask. Since this person has clearly already asked, and is still ardent in their Christianity, they will be forgiven by G-d.  

ioioouiouiouio

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:35 am
TalyeKendrin
Question: What do you think happens if someone lives their entire life for God, then sins right before they die and doesn't have a chance to ask God's forgiveness for it?

My mother and I are currently debating this, and I believe that if they don't ask God's forgiveness for their sin, they will not be able to get into Heaven--however, my mother thinks otherwise.

What do you think?

The truth is that Christians and the rest of mankind will always sin everyday because we are fallen, born with the sin nature. I don't believe its possible to die without sin. Truly, God has given us mercy, He drawn us to Jesus Christ, so that we may be justified by faith alone.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 am
I believe he will be able to go to heaven because he was a christian and his name is writen on God's heart and he loves God If there is a sin he never got to repent for I believe God will look past and see that even if that person sinned they still had a heart for God and they loved him when they died  

fiery-ginger

four o-clock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:46 am
I do not believe that the entry into heaven is dependant on the daily asking of forgiveness for specific sins.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Repentance and continuing intentions and attempts at a holy life are what I think gives you entry. Having one unforgiven sin wouldn't bar you from heaven, methinks. I mean, who actually asks for every sin to be given, is it even possible to remember everything that you've done? I think that since it is impossible for us to remember every sin to even ask for forgiveness, a single sin doesn't matter. We are judged by our works at the gates.

I actually have a little parable for this kind of thing...

A farmer has a garden, and come harvest time there is a lot of fruit to harvest. He occasionally weeds out plants that never, or hardly ever, bear good fruit and casts them into fire. He keeps plants that produce mostly good fruit, though he never finds a perfect one. A single piece of bad fruit would not be cause for him to burn the plant, however; as long as it produces enough good, clean fruit to satisfy his demands, he is happy and keeps the plant.

Simply, a single bad fruit doesn't mean the farmer throws the entire tree out. As long as it produces enough fruit that is healthy and clean to satisfy the farmer's demands, he keeps the tree out of the fire.  

IcarusDream

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:55 pm
TalyeKendrin

What do you think?

i think that if any good person is ever turned away at the gates then God wouldn't have been worthy to begin with  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:00 am
lordstar
TalyeKendrin

What do you think?

i think that if any good person is ever turned away at the gates then God wouldn't have been worthy to begin with

Which brings up the question, what makes someone a "good person"?  

Seraph68

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:01 am
Seraph68
lordstar
TalyeKendrin

What do you think?

Which brings up the question, what makes someone a "good person"?

that my friend is a very dangerous question
would you kill me for the answer?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:32 pm
Guys, honestly. Just don't respond to Lordstar. He's a troll whose sole purpose here is to aggravate people.  

ioioouiouiouio

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:04 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
Guys, honestly. Just don't respond to Lordstar. He's a troll whose sole purpose here is to aggravate people.

ya know
i don't sound like a troll
i don't look like a troll
and i don't smell like a troll...most of the time

give up the troll thing would ya
all im doing is provoking thought
perhaps you don't agree
but i do give credit where credit is due

even you my friend

besides
what do you think Seraph68 is going to say?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:58 pm
I think the initial forgiveness is what gets you in. Doing the whole forgiveness thing helps your relationship with God.  

aTerraxia

my angels goddess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:52 am
Reformed Baptist
TalyeKendrin

What do you think?

The truth is that Christians and the rest of mankind will always sin everyday because we are fallen, born with the sin nature. I don't believe its possible to die without sin. Truly, God has given us mercy, He drawn us to Jesus Christ, so that we may be justified by faith alone.

um......you cannot be justified by faith alone....faith without works is dead  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:54 am
lordstar
TalyeKendrin

What do you think?

no one is "worthy" of heavan just as no one deserves Gods mercy.......but God loves us and allows us to accomplish these things  

my angels goddess

Your_42nd_Ex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:17 pm
Here's my take on it:

When you accept Jesus Christ into your heart via the sinner's prayer, God writes your name in the Lamb's Book of Life with Sharpie.
If you don't say the sinner's prayer, then you go to hell when you die. But if you do say the sinner's prayer, it moves you into another category. In this second category, your spirit is divided up into several equal/not-so-equal parts. When you sin, one of those parts turns black (let's use the color black just for illustrative purposes). When you repent of the sin and turn away from it, that part of you turns back to white.
When you physically die, God sends your soul through the cleansing fire (I think the Bible alludes to it two or three times) (And I think this is after the manifestation of the sheep-and-goats thing). All of the "black" parts of you get burned away. All of the "white" parts of you remain, to worship God forever as outlined in Revelation.

So for the purpose of the original question, it would work out like this:
The devout Christian person has asked forgiveness with a true heart for -let's say all, just for fun- all of their sins, so the vast majority of them is "white". But that one sin they commited before they died makes one little part of them "black." So after they die, that one little part burns away, and the rest is left to worship God forever in Heaven.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff