Reply ~Destinations Outside The Red Dragon Syndicate Borders~
The Chaos Wastes Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zero_Omega

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:36 pm
The Realm of Chaos, the borderlands of the Mortal World form a Ring of Shadow that surrounds the ultimate darkness within. For this reason, the lands of the North are also known as the Shadow lands, the Umbra Chaotica, or the Chaos Wastes. This broad region is part of the material world but inevitably tainted by the close proximity to Chaos. The Realm of Chaos radiates an intense and dangerous energy all over the World. This is the warping energy that all wizards regard as the source of all magic. Lying close to the Borders of Chaos, the northenlands are unavoidably saturated with this energy and only as distance from the pole increases does the power of Chaos gradually weaken. In the frozen wastes of the Realms of Chaos, the hordes of the Dark Gods gather strength and conspire to dominate the world. Chaos is a fickle mistress, however. Some who follow the dark powers are blessed with great strength and unimaginable power. Others are cursed with debilitating mutations and eventually devolve into mindless, gibbering Chaos Spawn. Chaos is a constant threat to the civilized lands of Men, Elves, and Dwarfs, and constant vigilance is required to battle the frequent incursions of the forces of Chaos.

Some of the followers of Chaos dedicate their worship to one of the particular Dark Gods: Khorne, the Blood God and the Lord of Skulls; Tzeentch, the Changer of the Ways and the God of magic; Nurgle, Lord of Decay and Pestilence; and Slaanesh, the Dark Prince and God of decadence and pleasure. Other Chaos worshipers follow Chaos Undivided and don't devote themselves to any one particular deity. Each Chaos power bestows a particular type of gift upon its chosen followers; thus, Chaos are highly adaptable and can be customized in many different ways.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:41 pm
A coversation Between Zero and Angel

When you are gone. You come home with icy skin, bloody, ragged. I am curious as to what matters take you from my arms in the morning. *She kisses his hands*

I....I...-It might be best to show you * the both disappear and reappear on the back of the Steed that he had rode in one before, they are both sitting up right on it as if they had mounted it normally and the rienhs are gripped tight as they travel for hours but what seems like minutes* She wrapped her arms around his waist, looking around at the land* I havn't ridden in years.... Dont worry, when I first got on this beast I had never ridden in my life * although the wind blows fierce no wind touches them or the Steed and the ground splits asunder where ever they go. There were trees, although slightly twisted they could still be told as tree I have a horse, he is more a friend now. I mat call upon him soon, I miss him. Where are we? We are on the very edges of the Wastes, far from when we were here for a week. * they come to a steep drop off that leads into a great vally and in that valley is an army of black armor clade warriors, many on horses, a few sorcerers, and small groups of red, green, blue, and purple armor can be seen through out the sea of black. The army is thousands wide and thick. At the head of it is a man with a banner that has the battern of symbols that were once displaed on his chest and infront of the bearer is a man on foot who seemed to have awsome power but looked like a second in command. The horse anxiously pawed the ground as several warriors began to bang thier axes and swords on thier shields
*She looks around in awe, she felt the warrior in her soul rising as she heard the chants of what she guessed to be his soldiers.

This is what I have been doing, regrouping and reorganizeing the Forces of Chaos. Though still just a fraction of who dwell here these are the toughest and strongest of them all. Many of them veterans from my last campain....centuries ago. These men have yelled my name so that every echo is only thiers, till thier voices cracked and throats raw. All of this is what I have been doing to keep them away from me so you are safe. If I serve the Gods here, at War then they dotn have to try to possess my body when I'm with you

*She listens to him, her hands slide over the muscles in his stomach as they ride.* So you trade alliegience to them so you will be free to love me?

Yes, I have served them for many many years but up until recently I have played a key role in their plans without question. When I knew that I had to protect you, even if you were not with me, so i stopped obey them and...well....as you may have seen or heard they have almost accomplished at making me do things that would be.....terrible. But now if I do this for them they get what they want, a strong leader of an army, and I dont have to worry about being thier damned puppet

*She kisses the back of his neck descreetly as not to let his men see* You are a powerful man....Does this have to do with you being...a Prince?

*his grip on the riegns tighten as she said that* No, I am no longer a prince. I have not been since before I stumbled into the wastes hundreds of years ago. * as the Steed starts to tirelessly and carfully desend down the steep slope his eyes narrow*

*She speaks close to his ear* I am sorry to mention it my love, I will no longer, I just want to understand. I hope I have not displeased you. *She leans back as the horse desends*

*No you havnt, I just dont like remebering those times long past. * he scans the army with his eyes, the full terms of the mens' size starting to come into play as they get closer*

*Thier cries drown out the sound of the steeds hooves. She can feel the thunder in her heart as they beat thier weapons together. There are so many of them. She grips him tighter*

*As they reach the bottem it looks as if every man is at least six feet and of very muscular build. Every warrior starts to bang thier shields and weapons together enthusiasticly. On the faces of those without helmets on thier expresstion is clearly a mixture of both slight confustion and determined loyalty*  

Angel Miasma Omega
Captain

Amorous Lunatic

7,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Angel Miasma Omega
Captain

Amorous Lunatic

7,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:51 pm
*She looks from side to side. Her crimson hair shines in the dull wasteland, she feels small compared to the soldiers she sees. She feels safe knowing he wouldn't have brought her here if she was to be harmed.* Will they die for you?

Thats what ever single one of them has from here on out dedicated his life to. I made them or else i would have slain them on the spot. No room for weak deserters in this army. Everyone will die if they have to * the second in command, all the way at the other side of the ranks can be seen sprinting down in full armor to meet him*

Then you are a strong warrior, feared, loved, respected. I want to be like that.*Kai moved within her, not hurting her, but very active, she felt him kicking into Zeros back*

* he felt Kai's kicking and smiles slightly* Respected only out of fear. Loved only by you. * some faces of unhelmeted warriors were still slightly confused as to why was the woman on the back of the Steed and why thier Warlord was without armor for the first time they had seen him* *The second in cmmand reaches them puffing slightly and they speak quietly, the conversation only heard between them, the clanging drowns out any other sound.*

*She grips him tightly as she sees thier eyes travel over her*

* he feels her tighter grip as he looks up from his second in command and he speaks to her* Dont worry, this is the first and only time a Chaos Warlord has ever appeared infront of his army showing himself. And the first and only time that a woman has accompanied him. Hell, the first time a woman ever stood infront of a Chaos army that has no threat towards her

Wow...are they gonna get over this? *she giggles, feeling honored really*

Eventully, they'll soon remeber how I used to do things. Unorthodox. * watches the army move restlessly, the knights on thier horses stand proud over the rest of the army, warriors on foot standing tall and ruthless, there was one special group of knights that had not moved nor looked any direction other then forward, this regiment of knights were in the middle of the army and slightly forward standing next to the Standard Bearer*

*Her head moved from the left to the right as she took it all in, she tried to guess how many there could be. All of this under his command* Are you getting ready for War?

We are always at war. With ourselfs anyway but yes. Another campaign against the softer races of the Old World. Our attacks have increased in power and the space between each attack is closing. The first attack against the southern races where over 5000 years ago. Now we have one about every century. Then every decade. Then every year. Until the races of Elves, Dwarves, Bretonnia, the Empire, every race is annilatedWhy?

All the killing, we does this battle go on so long?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:56 pm
The beginning of Chaos started this way. When the "Gates of Heaven" collapsed it allowed Chaos into the world. Turning man into beast and beast into man. Even since those turbulance beggining the Chaso has sought to destroy the other races. At that time Men where still evolving into human beings but the most other races where well into thier golden ages. Daemons of countless numbers poured out of the collapsed gate and eraticated several races. The High Elf mages found that they could stop the attacks on the rest of the world if they could cut off the supply of Chaos energy. They could only siphion it away and left themselves near death or totally powerless. Ever since then the gods have chosen mortal champions for thier forces to unite under and destroy thier enemiesAnd it shall go on forever...When I am better...stronger...can I fight beside you?Hopefully it wont go on forever. Hopefully the Forces will stand true this time and you wont ever EVER have to fight in this army.....I cant stand the thought of risking you so much

Well, I will do anything to stand beside you.

And I want you to always be there * he puts his hand over her's and the motioned the horse the pull ahead of the army and down the center*

*She rubbed her belly, feeling Kai flop around, she looked at the soldiers, nodding to them from time to time. She held her head high to show no fear.*

* he looked over his army with stern eyes, judgeing them. The banging has ceased now and the vally is deathly silent. Crom, the second in command, is now next to the special regiment of Knights. The horse walks to the Swords of Chaos regiment before turning and faceing the entire army, everything was just black armor and fluttering banners. He walked towards the Swords of chaos, the army splitting itself in two before them. As soon as they past the first rank of the Knights they followed in pairs, every knight doing this before the entire army started to as he lead them out of the vally*

*She liked the sounds around her, the horses hooves, the clanking of armor, the snapping as the banners whipped in the wind, the marching. She felt excitement, raw power coming from inside her...coming from Kai*

the army remain silent themselves, no chatter, no bickering, everything focused forward. The entire army started to pour out of the mouth of the valley. It took half an hour of constant movement to have the entire army get out. Without a word or even a gesture everyone started to group into thier regiments, clean and neat, 12 warriors per regiment and 6 knight per regiment. 16 Marauders per regiment and now Marauders on foot could be seen restraning Flesh Hounds*

*She was impressed by thier uniform percession. Her eyes rested on the hounds, she had never seen anything like them*

* when everything was ranked up among the waves of black armors and banners a few groups of warriors in red stood with the Mark of Khorne, the same was for ever god. Each one was repreasented in this massive horde. His eye was caught by one creature, a chaos spawn.* ...It's sad to lose a warrior like that....but they still serve a purpose  

Angel Miasma Omega
Captain

Amorous Lunatic

7,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Angel Miasma Omega
Captain

Amorous Lunatic

7,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:05 am
*She tears her eyes from the flesh hounds just to see what he called the chaos spawn* How does that happen?

When a warrior is particualry powerful and the eyes of the gods are upon him he recives "gifts" well for some men the gifts are to much and thier body give way to the mutating energies of the chaos. Transforming them into nothing but mindless beasts destined to die by either being torn asunder by the energy flowing through them, or by even deadlier creature out in the wild....I had almost become one once

*She shook her head in disbelief* No way..how? And...what use are they if they are mindless? Won't they turn on you? Why not put them out of thier misery?

They are mindless but still full of hate and rage. They dont run from an enemy as a normal man may do. They have no sence of thier own mortality. And even though many of them do get destroyed during battle those that survive are good for next ones. We need every point of strength we can get

But...do they turn on you...and how are they controlled?

No they dont turn on me. As I said they are still filled with hatred and fury and they only relese it on thier enemies. The bindings of kin run deep in Spawn and they wont attack thier own.

*She relaxed* Oh, I missed that. Do they have families, these men? And if they do, when do they see them?

Yes each of these men have family. Had is more like it. I have fathers, sons, uncles, neighbors. They see thier family again after the war.....if they survive

When is this war Zero? How long will you be gone?*she wished she could take the words back as she spat them out, only wanting to support him, to be strong beside him, not wanting to worry him by her fears*

This war starts....when I take this entire army and sweep across the land like a plauge. As long as it takes, as long as both sides still have someone to fight for them.And you will be away that whole time?I will send forces ahead of me. I will be at the heart of the army. I may beable to break off for a short while but these men need a commander. I dont want to do this again. I want this to be the last time

*She drops her eyes to the ground watching it rise and fall as the horse plods along. She holds him a little tighter not enough to alarm him. Her heart saddened as she heard Crows in her mind ~Just like your last one doll~ * Well, you do what you need to , you are thier Leader, thier Commander, your place would be with them in those times, I shall wait for you at home with our Son

* he listened to her words and felt a stab deep in his heart, wondering what the hell he was doing. He was hurting her and he could feel it. He wished...he hoped....mabey there was a way.....

*she whispered* I love you...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:06 am
Angel...I dont want you here. I dont want you here with this army any longer. I wont put you at any sort of risk further then what I already have. Good bye * he quickly turns and kisses her before she disappears from the Wastes and back to a couch in the Bar.

*She sat blinking on the couch, she still smelled the horses, felt the sun on her back and his kiss on her lips. She pulled his jacket off the coffee table, curled up on the couch and thanked the Godess for the wonderful night she had. She cuddled under the coat and drifted to sleep, hearing the sounds of the marching army.*  

Angel Miasma Omega
Captain

Amorous Lunatic

7,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Zero_Omega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:21 pm
* he reappears in the Wastes, he casts off his jacket and his fist wraps and begins to scream to the sky* I'VE DONE EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID! I'VE FOLLOWED YORU RULES WITHOUT QUESTION! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HELP ME SEE THINGS CLEARLY, BUT INSTEAD OF HELPING ME TO SEE I LOOK AROUND AND IT'S LIKE I'M BLINDED! I DONT WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS SO CAN YOU TELL ME; WHERE SHOULD I GO!? WHAT SHOULD I DO!? I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME! * he screams go unawnsered echoing through the frozen tundra  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:27 pm
* the horns tear through his head causing blodo to casacade fromt he wounds, blinding him with his own blood, the wings tear from his back. Chaos energy was warping around him, distorting the air and time threatening to turn him into a Spawn* TELL ME! KHORNE, GOD OF WAR! IF YOU ARE SO POWERFUL THE SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITER! TZEENTCH, CHANGER OF WAYS! TEAR ME FROM THIS TWISTED DESTINY YOU HAVE WOVEN FOR ME! FATHER NURGLE! TAKE AWAY THE EVIL PLAUGE THAT HAS BE BESET UPON ME! SLANNESH! THE DARK PRINCE! LET ME IGNORE THE PANIC INSIDE MY OWN SOUL! I CALL APON THE FOUR CHAOS GODS!  

Zero_Omega

Zero_Omega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:32 pm
*nothing but silence awnsers him as the last of his voice echos.* Gods....how...how am I going to stop this? Your punishment? Did you not grant Be'lakor physical for after many millenia even after he thought himself to be more powerful the you? Do this for me now, remove this curse set upon me. I wish to bear it no more....I wish to have no Daemonhood  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:34 pm
* his sorrow becomes quite anger, he heads in the direction of the Warp, being draw to it almost.* I will step into the Warp and find them! I can only hope for my body to stay together  

Zero_Omega

Zero_Omega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:38 pm
* he reaches the outer fringes of the Warp, he could see where it's heart was. He kissed the ring on his finger before he proceeded, disappearing into the Warp  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:41 pm
* as he walks he can feel time being torn, and his own body being filled with Chaos energy. He was dangerously close to exploding into a Chaos Spawn if he was not already a Daemon* If my soul has to be intertwined with this damned curse then atleast I will kill it off  

Zero_Omega

Zero_Omega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:51 pm
* his body starts to bend and twist as he walks in the Warp, lighting and a countinuos storm was about him but no rain fell.* If I need to have the Daemon then I shall bind it! * he takes the hilt of the broken Doombringer and chants, a new blade appeared on the hilt but it was strange, almost like the SoK but in a twisted insanity. As he finished bounding the Daemon to this new blade he suddenly has a sword slash appear across his chest, another one soon follows, followed by another, he keeps getting slashes across is body at a increasing pace till it was constant, he was being pushed around by the invisable sword strikes but soon the strikes stopped for a few seconds before it was driven right where the scar across his heart was, he felt the searing pain of the sword as if it was there. He had been right through the heart again, every sword wound he ever recived had been replayed on his body, he fell back on the ground his chest and arms bleeding openly and the was ran through the heart, blood ran fromt he side of his mouth, he didnt know if the Chaos energy could keep him alive. The Breath of Life didnt work as he lied there bleeding, dieing for a untold amount of time  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:03 pm
I... * he swallows blood* I....have.....failed? or....suc- * he coughs, blood sputtering* ....cceed?  

Zero_Omega

Zero_Omega

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:15 pm
* he swallows more blood, feeling his life drain away, his eyes losing thier luster* Am...I--...going...... to die? * he was speaking to no one jsut himself, knowing the awnser, he was basiclly mortal now and was only surviving by the massive amount of Chaos energy. He thinks about Angel in his wasting mind.* Sorry Angel.....looks......like I c- * he coughs again* cant be there for you and Kai.....He's going to have to find a new...ddaaaaddddyyyyy...... *his last words drew out as he closed his eyes, his life barly more then a hanging thread now  
~Destinations Outside The Red Dragon Syndicate Borders~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff