Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Back to Guilds

This is a discussion guild for all aspects of Pokemon - games, anime, TCG, fan art, etc. We even have a roleplay and minigame forum. 

Tags: Pokemon, games, anime, discussion, roleplaying 

Reply Gaian Pokemon Academy
Turtwig VS Chimchar VS Piplup Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

favorite version starters?
Bublasaur/Squirtle/Charmander
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Chikorita/Totodile/Cyndaquil
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Trecko/Mudkip/Torchic
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Turtwig/Piplup/Chimchar
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

CHRONiC_EUPHORiA

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:14 pm
    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

>>>> Which Diamond/Pearl starter is your favorite?
    Or which is the strongest? :]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:08 am
i honestly like the turtle the most then the peguin and last the monkey (is very forgetful of new pokemon names*

but i like the fully evolved form of chimchar. monferno? inferno? yes, its awsome 'cause it looks like it just jumped out of okami 8D

thats why i chose chimchar. why does everyone choose piplup?!  

TsukiTiger

Albico lupus

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:53 am
personaly i prefer my starter pokemon to look cute. I find turtwig the cutiests this time round, so i prefer it to the others.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:11 pm
Chimchar hands down. His final form is the coolest (Journey to the West anyone?) and there are basically no other fire types in the game. Being part fighting, it has the ability to take down Empoleon as well as Torterra. Torterra has the ability to take down Infernape with it's ground type. If you ask me, Empoleon gets the short end of he stick on this one.  

Sir Upper Crust the 3rd

neojoe39

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:55 pm
i got all three and i use empoleon and terterra for battels and monferno for contests. once i get the nationall dex ill have all but the johto starters. oh totodile were art thou crying  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:53 pm
I picked piplup because Empoleon has insane defense and can withstand most any attack  

cushy_lava

it_landry

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:08 pm
PICK THE PIPLUP, THE PIPLUP... really, the Piplup, it's a water that learns a slightly higher range of attacks compared to the other 3 starter water types... and it's final form is a Water/Steel type combo.... we have been needing one of those for a while, a steel type that doesn't get completely pwnd by fire.... long live the water types  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:43 pm
it_landry
PICK THE PIPLUP, THE PIPLUP... really, the Piplup, it's a water that learns a slightly higher range of attacks compared to the other 3 starter water types... and it's final form is a Water/Steel type combo.... we have been needing one of those for a while, a steel type that doesn't get completely pwnd by fire.... long live the water types
WRONG!

While Empoleon has a high defense stat. It's best attack is Surf, while this is a good move the is the ONLY really good move it learn's.

Believe me on this, I started with all of them with an open mind for them all. Turtwig is the best starter, followed by Chimchar (there are no fire type's really so it is a good choice.) THEN Piplup.  

Melphaligal the Challama
Crew

it_landry

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:33 pm
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
WRONG!

While Empoleon has a high defense stat. It's best attack is Surf, while this is a good move the is the ONLY really good move it learn's.

Believe me on this, I started with all of them with an open mind for them all. Turtwig is the best starter, followed by Chimchar (there are no fire type's really so it is a good choice.) THEN Piplup.

question, did you let it Evo right away, or did you try to gain moves as Piplup, cause if you lvled Piplup up to lvl 43, you would have gained Drill Peck and Hydropump... both of which are VERY nice moves for a water type to have... also, i have always found a use for Waterfall in combat as well as outside of combat, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:26 pm
it_landry
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
WRONG!

question, did you let it Evo right away, or did you try to gain moves as Piplup, cause if you lvled Piplup up to lvl 43, you would have gained Drill Peck and Hydropump... both of which are VERY nice moves for a water type to have... also, i have always found a use for Waterfall in combat as well as outside of combat, so yeah.
Hydropump and Waterfall are TERRIBLE move's. Absolutely awful. Clearly you dont know what you are doing if your pokemon know those moves. Also Empoleon learn's Drill Peck as well.

Torterra on the other hand Learn's many good move's and has a good defense and attack stat's. It learns EQ at level 32, that Giga Drain, Crunch and Leech Seed. It is the better pokemon type advantige or not.  

Melphaligal the Challama
Crew

it_landry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:01 am
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
WRONG!

Hydropump and Waterfall are TERRIBLE move's. Absolutely awful. Clearly you dont know what you are doing if your pokemon know those moves. Also Empoleon learn's Drill Peck as well.

Torterra on the other hand Learn's many good move's and has a good defense and attack stat's. It learns EQ at level 32, that Giga Drain, Crunch and Leech Seed. It is the better pokemon type advantige or not.

okay, i am wiling to accept your fondness of the turwig, but i know more about pokémon then you think.... and trust me, even with out the type match ups and we just used normal type moves, i could probably pwn a turtwig with a piplup.... if i can raise a pidgeot that only loses a little less then half of it's HP from a thunder and then pwn the electric type that used it, i think i can raise a pwning piplup. oh yeah, please never question my knowledge of raising water types... i been doing this since before Red/Blue was released here...  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:18 pm
it_landry
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
WRONG!

okay, i am wiling to accept your fondness of the turwig, but i know more about pokémon then you think.... and trust me, even with out the type match ups and we just used normal type moves, i could probably pwn a turtwig with a piplup.... if i can raise a pidgeot that only loses a little less then half of it's HP from a thunder and then pwn the electric type that used it, i think i can raise a pwning piplup. oh yeah, please never question my knowledge of raising water types... i been doing this since before Red/Blue was released here...
Ok first off I dont even KNOW what you are doing raising a Pidgeot, those have TERRIBLE stat's. (though if you are just raising them because you like them then that's ok, but those are not good pokemon)

I am willing to admit that on paper if I just saw the resistance's of all the pokemon I would pick Piplup as my starter. However, after raising all of the Sinnoh starter's I discovered that the most powerful one is Torterra hands down. Torterra was the most help to me in the elite four, taking out the most pokemon.

Though the starter everyone SHOULD pick, dispite my dislike of it, is Chimchar because it is pretty much the only fire pokemon other then Ponyta.  

Melphaligal the Challama
Crew

it_landry

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:28 pm
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
Melphaligal the Challama
it_landry
WRONG!

Ok first off I dont even KNOW what you are doing raising a Pidgeot, those have TERRIBLE stat's. (though if you are just raising them because you like them then that's ok, but those are not good pokemon)

I am willing to admit that on paper if I just saw the resistance's of all the pokemon I would pick Piplup as my starter. However, after raising all of the Sinnoh starter's I discovered that the most powerful one is Torterra hands down. Torterra was the most help to me in the elite four, taking out the most pokemon.

Though the starter everyone SHOULD pick, dispite my dislike of it, is Chimchar because it is pretty much the only fire pokemon other then Ponyta.

first, whats wrong with a fire type that can learn a flying type move? Bounce can be very helpful.

and while yes, piplup's resistance is good, but thats not why i fully recomend it.... despite what you say, Piplup has great moves it can learn.

and last, to defend the raising of the Pidgeot dispite me not liking them is me and my friends battle lvl 50s, and it was going to be a pidgeotto, but i accedently let it evolve.... and it can pwn electric types, so it works...  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:03 pm
pfft, so what if your pigeon can own electric types? I know tons of pokemon that can own their weaknesses. That's to a good argument. But don't think I'm trying to start anything with you, cause I don't care enough about anything to argue. Waterfall is only terrible if your water type has a high speacial attack, but if it has a high attack then it can be quite good, though I personally don't like it. Drill Peck, great move that Empoleon also learns, and Torterra is best when it comes to all around stats. No offense, but Empoleon gets shafted going up against the other two, and an EQ from Torterra would wreck Infernape so yeah. Just saying. I'm all for Infernape though, just cause I think that in a real life environment, it would totally kick a**.  

Sir Upper Crust the 3rd

Arthur Sataine

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:29 am
Although I mostly train Fire and/or Dark types, I chose Turtwig as my starter. The first time I EVER chose any starter over the fire type.

I was disappointed in the fire ape. They created another Fire Fighting. Bad move there. I was hoping on a rare combination of fire. Mayhaps Fire Steel, yes I know of Heatran. Anyway, I wasn't going to raise Torchic all over again. And yes, I know it learns different moves.

Anyhow, although a Steel Water type appealed to me greatly, I chose the Grass Ground. I saw much potential in that combination and my instinct proved correct.  
Gaian Pokemon Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff