Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Why do people say they are a Christian and there not? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jeff2008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:20 am

Why do so many people say that they are a christian and they are not. They go out and when someone ask then if they are a christian they say that they are. But then when no one else is around them they go and cuss, smoke, drink, do drugs, have sex, and other things as well. God put a guidline down for us. He wants us to live by it. So many people don't do what the bible says and they think that it is ok. I really don't know why this is. It is really stupid that they can go and do anything and every thing that is wrong and against God but when sunday rolls around they play the christian game. Why do people do this question

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:32 am
Because we are human beings, born with sin. What we say we do and what we actually do are two seperate things now thanks to society, and because of society Sunday is the only day of the week that people think they should be serious about religion. Think times and people are tough now? wait until we get older...wait until the new generation starts. That will be interesting. -Understatment.-

Eveiebear

4,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Theopneustos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:03 am
Because, they really aren't Christians. Read up on Matthew 7:15-27. Christ said in verse 21, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:46 am
because some people are confused, and other are hypocrites.  

ShenHazuki

Pandemasu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:45 pm
Thats basically what I said in my topic. I was saying things like, 80-90% of Amercans claim to be Christian. Now would America really be the way it is today if those people were truely Christian? I know that the other 10-20% didn't cause America to be the way it is today.

My friend says she's a Christian so her parents and church dont think that she really hates God and all Christians. That really gets me upset and she knows that.

I know other hypocrites as well. I really get turned off when people pretend to be 'oh so great christians' but then turn around and do something that doesn't honor God.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:21 pm
Here's my saying towards it. If you don't act like a Christian, quit claiming to be one.  

Theopneustos

purple panther

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:57 pm
Theopneustos
Here's my saying towards it. If you don't act like a Christian, quit claiming to be one.

none of us are perfect, so in fact, if we all folowed your "advice" then no one could claim to be christian. and you need to let people know that you are christian so you can whitness and minister unto them. I'm sorry but I am not perfect, I try very very hard and what you just said makes me very sorowfull. I whitness when ever I can and sure, if that person knew my sins they may think that I'm a hypocrite but I am not. I'm just not completely broken yet. and I really dont like how a strugling christian is branded a hypocrite.
and now you guys probably think I'm a huge sinner, you probably think I'm promiscuous or a druggy. now that youve judged me let me prove you wrong. I have never done any drugs in my life, neither have I ever drank. and I've only had 2 boyfriends in my life, one lasted a few weeks and the other, almost 4 years. and we are now engaged.
Another reason that I am happy that althought I am not perfect, I grab every chance to express the fact that I am christian ois to help save other souls. last summer, I told a wiccan freind that I was Christian, a while later he went though alot of conflicts and one night he asked me top pray for him. this almost knocked me out of my chair. and I began to whitness to him and I invited him to my church. he came that weekend, a few weeks later he was baptized in the wonderfull name of Jesus and he has been in church ever since. if I had folowed your advice, that would have never hapened.
Its very hard not to sin, especialy in this world. in fact, its shamefull to be christian rather then sinfull. everything is upside down. even though this world wants the oposite Christians should not be afraid to express their love to Jesus. ande I do love Jesus with all my heart. unfortunately, I dont represent him perfectly but I am working on that.
please dont be offended, but I strongly feel that that statement is wrong. I am not flaming you or anything. I just want to prevent anyone from feeling inferior. Christians! let it out! let your light shine, do not hide it under a bush!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:48 pm
Everyone does things they shouldn't, and often repeatedly. Yes, some of those people are just hypocrites or lying about their faith, but others are really genuine Christians. Some people try their best to do what God expects of them, but come on. If we were perfect all the time, Jesus wouldn't have come to Earth as a human in the first place.  

Rowena Lightwolf

Theopneustos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:07 pm
purple panther
none of us are perfect, so in fact, if we all folowed your "advice" then no one could claim to be christian.

You've misinterpreted what I was saying. I didn't say, "If you struggle in sin, quit claiming to be a Christian." My response is to those who claim that they are Christians, yet they go off and curse, hate, lie, and the like. We've all done this, but if one doesn't bother repenting, then they shouldn't taint the name of Christ.

purple panther
and you need to let people know that you are christian so you can whitness and minister unto them.

No you don't. How you act should reflect Christ's character, and by this, people will know.

purple panther
I'm sorry but I am not perfect, I try very very hard and what you just said makes me very sorowfull.

I never said you were perfect. I'm just not going to let people sugarcoat their faith.

purple panther
and now you guys probably think I'm a huge sinner,

No, we're all sinners. We're all in need of a Savior, namely, Jesus Christ Himself.

purple panther
you probably think I'm promiscuous or a druggy.

Why's that? Did I think that?

purple panther
now that youve judged me let me prove you wrong.

That's false. I never judged you. I never even called you a druggy or a promiscuous person.

purple panther
I have never done any drugs in my life, neither have I ever drank. and I've only had 2 boyfriends in my life, one lasted a few weeks and the other, almost 4 years. and we are now engaged.

That's good to hear.

purple panther
Another reason that I am happy that althought I am not perfect, I grab every chance to express the fact that I am christian ois to help save other souls. last summer, I told a wiccan freind that I was Christian, a while later he went though alot of conflicts and one night he asked me top pray for him. this almost knocked me out of my chair. and I began to whitness to him and I invited him to my church. he came that weekend, a few weeks later he was baptized in the wonderfull name of Jesus and he has been in church ever since.

That sounds good, and I'm glad you witness.

purple panther
if I had folowed your advice, that would have never hapened.

Incorrect. Christ chooses whomever He chooses. We do not. If the Holy Spirit did not regenerate your heart, you wouldn't be a Christian to begin with. But because God chooses, you have been saved by grace, through faith, and not of this yourself.

purple panther
Its very hard not to sin, especialy in this world. in fact, its shamefull to be christian rather then sinfull.

The world is sinful. Everyone sins. But repent and believe! 3nodding Forget what the world thinks of you. Care what God thinks of you.

purple panther
everything is upside down. even though this world wants the oposite Christians should not be afraid to express their love to Jesus. ande I do love Jesus with all my heart. unfortunately, I dont represent him perfectly but I am working on that. please dont be offended, but I strongly feel that that statement is wrong. I am not flaming you or anything. I just want to prevent anyone from feeling inferior. Christians! let it out! let your light shine, do not hide it under a bush!

Well, those who profess that they are Christians, but don't live like one, they're not Christians. Remember Matthew 7:21.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:16 pm
Jeff2008

Why do so many people say that they are a christian and they are not. They go out and when someone ask then if they are a christian they say that they are. But then when no one else is around them they go and cuss, smoke, drink, do drugs, have sex, and other things as well. God put a guidline down for us. He wants us to live by it. So many people don't do what the bible says and they think that it is ok. I really don't know why this is. It is really stupid that they can go and do anything and every thing that is wrong and against God but when sunday rolls around they play the christian game. Why do people do this question

Basically it comes down to this. They know what's right, they "act" in front of others what is right. But they don't care and go against it. Satan temps many christians, and beause the arnt asking for god's protection, they are not recieving it.  

CrazyKat685

Xx Death ZoomBye xX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:55 pm
I'm partially one of those Christians, because I find myself swearing in times of anger.

But what has been said in this thread is very true.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:12 pm
Because humans are dumb...Im not saying it to be rude, its true. People will do as they wish regardless of knowing of the truth, why? Because of their own selfish desires for something thats great right now rather than the ultimate greatness.  

Nataku956

purple panther

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:32 pm
Theopneustos
purple panther
none of us are perfect, so in fact, if we all folowed your "advice" then no one could claim to be christian.

You've misinterpreted what I was saying. I didn't say, "If you struggle in sin, quit claiming to be a Christian." My response is to those who claim that they are Christians, yet they go off and curse, hate, lie, and the like. We've all done this, but if one doesn't bother repenting, then they shouldn't taint the name of Christ.

but I do curse, hate and lie. those where the sins that I was talking about. I swear. I hate it but I do it. I do it when Im angry or in pain. I'm alwais working on it but then I'll get worse and I'll have to start over again. I'm also one to hold grudges and hate people. and lying... I used to be really bad for lying. theirs a word for people like me but I cant remember. but I used to tell people huge storys about my past that never hapened and it came to the point where I myself could not distinguish between lies and my real past. I had nothing to lie about my past but I did anywais. I realised that and stoped but I stil find myself telling litle lies for no reason. for example I'll say "yesterday I had a ham sandwich for lunch and it was really good" I'll say it our of the blue for no reason, and I had rice yesterday for lunch. see, I'm weird but I'm normal. I'm not a hypocrite, I just strugle with certain sin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:07 pm
purple panther
but I do curse, hate and lie. those where the sins that I was talking about. I swear. I hate it but I do it. I do it when Im angry or in pain. I'm alwais working on it but then I'll get worse and I'll have to start over again. I'm also one to hold grudges and hate people. and lying... I used to be really bad for lying. theirs a word for people like me but I cant remember. but I used to tell people huge storys about my past that never hapened and it came to the point where I myself could not distinguish between lies and my real past. I had nothing to lie about my past but I did anywais. I realised that and stoped but I stil find myself telling litle lies for no reason. for example I'll say "yesterday I had a ham sandwich for lunch and it was really good" I'll say it our of the blue for no reason, and I had rice yesterday for lunch. see, I'm weird but I'm normal. I'm not a hypocrite, I just strugle with certain sin.

Everyone has cursed, hated and lied. But who tries to make it right? Who tries to not get God angry? I'm not attacking you, because everyone has done what is listed. I, even I have done such things. By God's grace I do not curse anymore. Ask God for a changed heart and mind. 3nodding If someone asks, "How can I be saved?" Repent and believe! mrgreen  

Theopneustos

Ancient~Waffle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:32 pm
Ri-san

My friend says she's a Christian so her parents and church dont think that she really hates God and all Christians. That really gets me upset and she knows that.

I know other hypocrites as well. I really get turned off when people pretend to be 'oh so great christians' but then turn around and do something that doesn't honor God.

I have a friend like that too. She goes around saying she's a christian whenever she gets the chance but she does all sorts of things that could make you beg to differ...

Theer was also this other guy in my class back in junior high. He always stood up for God whenever he could in front of the teachers and class. Then one day I got to sit behind him and my friend was sitting on my right. The teacher congratulated her for reading the most pages in class and then the guy goes, "That's because she has no life. Unlike her I have a life. Hahaha!" and so he laughed with his friends.
There were other things he did but I remember other kids calling him a Jesus Freak. And I remember getting irritated because he didn't deserve that title at all.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff