Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Rpgs R Us
You want to watch this.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryushikaze
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 pm
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998

Samus Vs a Halo Spartan. Wank, wank, wank, and yet more wank, but quite the nice bit of eyecandy, all told.

Enjoy.

And try not to RP so that your posts remind any of us of this movie. Unless, for some inane reason, we ever approve the "far too wankish to actually be viable" RPG.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:46 am
It still freaks me out to hear americans use that word. Guess it's not as strong over there.

Damn good animation, although a lot of it thieved from the Matrix. Saw this a few mintues before visiting Gaia.  

BonzaiRob

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:21 am
The moments when the SPARTAN was caught unaware by Samus' abilities were golden, but the big problem I had with it was the same problem that too many "Let's pit two heroes against each other" scenarios have. Why were they fighting in the first place!? (highlight white text for spoilers) I could kind of understand it if the SPARTAN initiated hostilities because of how they're raised to believe victory is the only thing worth anything at all, but Samus doing so was just baffling. It was very mollifying when they wound up teaming up against the Covenant army.
So, yeah, that's my two cents.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:35 pm
Yeah, Samus initiating combat was strange, unless, for example, someone took out a Bounty on the Spartan- which might make sense, come to think of it- with Samus deciding against it once she saw through the faceplate to see the Spartan's true identity.
But then again, plot was not the point of this, as the author quite admits.

And no, wank means the same thing over here, but it also has other connotations.

And actually, it's not particularly sourced from the Matrix, as far as cinematography goes. The slowdown effect, sure, but it's got closer ties to Equilibrium, God of War, and other such things.

I wonder why Samus X Spartan is so popular, both in Versus and in Shipping.  

Ryushikaze
Crew

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:51 pm
Probably just because they're both superhuman warriors who fight against wierd-looking aliens and typically go it alone in bulky powered armor with translucent visors. The Metroid Prime series being first-person shooters doesn't hurt. In fact, NOA quite deliberately used the similarities when advertising entries in the Prime series.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:58 pm
Yeah, but then again, so is the Doom guy, and he never gets any love.

Will no one show love for the Doom guy?  

Ryushikaze
Crew

Azzarinne

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:13 pm
I'm still back in the days of Super Metroid and the fact that most of Samus' moves are still recognizable is great. I liked the movie, though it definitely accentuated the coloration differences of the two games. Even though some people didn't like the end bit, I thought it was fun ^.^  
Rpgs R Us

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games