Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Episode 25 (spoilers) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rugged

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:39 pm
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

They.... I mean.... L got....

Raito has won.

My favorite character.... dead.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:06 pm
gonk  

Crophecy

9,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Mercurial Bloom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:14 pm
crying  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:43 pm
I loved it so much. ))):

so. TRAGIC. ;__; Even though I read the manga like last year I... I still was like traumatized. D: It was so well done!

And L.. WHY SO CUTE AA DDX

User Image

the added rain scene that wasn't in the manga...
was odd, but endearing.

and the added scene with Misa in the Gothic Lolita outfit, singing. D:
also odd, but I liked.

-sighnervous-

whyyyy

WHYYYYY

when Watari deleted the data
and L was like "Watari-- Watari?? D: "

he sounded so concerned and surprised ;; and. aa

-shuts up-

Rinny Z.

Mercurial Bloom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:49 pm
I love that rain scene to bits now. *glances at screencap and tries not to squee at L's cuteness* whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 pm
I loved this episode, personally. Misa in the gothic lolita outfit was creepy, but I loved the singing (of course, I'm a fan of Aya Hirano's singing, so that's to be expected).

The rain scene and the foot-washing scenes were interesting additions. Someone translated the conversations in another thread; L was talking about hearing bells in the rain, and L implied that he knew what Light was going to do to him in the foot-washing scene.

But L's death... I was really afraid that they'd overdo it and make it look stupid (like the part in episode 1 where Light's writing people's names down, and where L hears about the shinigami and freaks out), but I thought they did a good job on it. The red lighting was a nice touch (especially since it pulsated, slowed, and stopped when L died), and the slow motion worked quite well for it. L didn't think anything when he died, but given the near silence of the scene, I guess it was for the best. It would have been nice to have L's final words thoughts over silence, though.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Katana no Kisaki

Shadowy Rogue

12,240 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:59 am
zephyrkitty
I loved this episode, personally. Misa in the gothic lolita outfit was creepy, but I loved the singing (of course, I'm a fan of Aya Hirano's singing, so that's to be expected).

The rain scene and the foot-washing scenes were interesting additions. Someone translated the conversations in another thread; L was talking about hearing bells in the rain, and L implied that he knew what Light was going to do to him in the foot-washing scene.

But L's death... I was really afraid that they'd overdo it and make it look stupid (like the part in episode 1 where Light's writing people's names down, and where L hears about the shinigami and freaks out), but I thought they did a good job on it. The red lighting was a nice touch (especially since it pulsated, slowed, and stopped when L died), and the slow motion worked quite well for it. L didn't think anything when he died, but given the near silence of the scene, I guess it was for the best. It would have been nice to have L's final words thoughts over silence, though.

Yes, it was an amazingly beautiful episode, wasn't it...those two scenes really were the perfect addition, I'm glad they did that. For someone who has read the manga, it gave the scene so much more meaning...

It was strange that they didn't have L's last thoughts...I suppose you could more or less guess via the facial expressions...a kind of silent conversation...plus no one else heard L's last thoughts. It makes it more poignant, that he's dying like that, in the arms of his murderer, and no one will realize what really happened.

The foot washing (er, drying, lol) scene was TOTALLY timed for this week. For those who don't know, its Holy Week. Yesterday was Holy Thursday, the rememberance of Christ's last supper. That night, he washed the feet of his disciples including Judas. Jesus knew one of them was going to betray him. Likewise, L seems to know, or at least suspect, Light's intentions.

LOL, I thought is was HILARIOUS that L could hear bells but NOT Light who was shouting right next to him.

I wonder though, if L really even heard bells...

The theme of bells and chimes is constant throughout this episode. Like after showing Chuckette the Porceline Doll (Misa) they show two elf dolls ringing chimes...all these combinations of images...now my mind is wandering further, like how that could prefigure L's death b/c Rem wants to protect Misa...

Darn, I wish I could write an essay on this and not the one I have to write on stupid Milton!!!

Well anyway, rest in peace L. We're going to miss you.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:15 am
User Image
I loved this episode! I'm probably the only person that was happy at the end... that's what I get for being a Light fangirl.

Does anyone know the Japanese lyrics to what Aya Hirano was singing?  

kaze-shi

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 pm
Katana no Kisaki
zephyrkitty

Yes, it was an amazingly beautiful episode, wasn't it...those two scenes really were the perfect addition, I'm glad they did that. For someone who has read the manga, it gave the scene so much more meaning...

It was strange that they didn't have L's last thoughts...I suppose you could more or less guess via the facial expressions...a kind of silent conversation...plus no one else heard L's last thoughts. It makes it more poignant, that he's dying like that, in the arms of his murderer, and no one will realize what really happened.

The foot washing (er, drying, lol) scene was TOTALLY timed for this week. For those who don't know, its Holy Week. Yesterday was Holy Thursday, the rememberance of Christ's last supper. That night, he washed the feet of his disciples including Judas. Jesus knew one of them was going to betray him. Likewise, L seems to know, or at least suspect, Light's intentions.

LOL, I thought is was HILARIOUS that L could hear bells but NOT Light who was shouting right next to him.

I wonder though, if L really even heard bells...

The theme of bells and chimes is constant throughout this episode. Like after showing Chuckette the Porceline Doll (Misa) they show two elf dolls ringing chimes...all these combinations of images...now my mind is wandering further, like how that could prefigure L's death b/c Rem wants to protect Misa...

Darn, I wish I could write an essay on this and not the one I have to write on stupid Milton!!!

Well anyway, rest in peace L. We're going to miss you.

I really liked that they stretched L's farewell from two chapters to an entire episode; while I'm still sad that L died, it didn't fell quite so sudden as in the manga. Although, having read the manga, I was expecting that to happen, so that probably affected my thoughts on it.

When I saw the foot washing scene, I immediately thought of the fact that Jesus washed his disciples feet right before he died. When I saw the translation of that entire conversation, it backed up my original thoughts about it.

I think that, based on the introduction to the episode, L was remembering the past and heard the bells. Which reminds me, that quick scene of young L and Watari made me happy, since it's about the only snippet we've ever gotten into L's past. Although it still doesn't tell a whole lot.

Kaze: I know the english translation, but not the japanese lyrics. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:23 am
I woulda been surprised had my friend that read the Manga not told me it was gonna happen.
I had a feeling it was, but until he told me I wasn't sure.

I almost cried a little cause it just seemed so sad, but then Light had his evil smile showing and I couldn't help but laugh. twisted  

Alterdeus

Wheezing Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:37 pm
crying crying *is still crying after watching death scene twice* i knew it was coming, but... crying
and the rain/washing feet scene... what a lovely surprise *obnoxious fangirl scream* whee i mean, besides the whole biblical refence (which worked very nicely) it was also a tender and heartwarming scene.
stare
ok, i was waiting for them to make out. but that wasn't ALL i was thinking about (.... mostly....)
but now that L is dead in the anime too, i'm so sad. and there was so much EMOTION to this whole episode and... *is still sobbing*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:51 pm
omg, after watching the episode so many times, I'm still in a lull afterwards each time : 3

so good... but... crying  

Idaku2617

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:43 pm
... does anyone know WTF is up with episode 26?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:11 am
Rinny Z.
when Watari deleted the data
and L was like "Watari-- Watari?? D: "

he sounded so concerned and surprised ;; and. aa

Agh! I know!! That was what really made me sad and go "awww ow!"
Watari ;_;
You gotta hand it to L's seiyuu, he did L's voice perfectly, up until the last second. >_<  

Crophecy

9,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

flying battery zone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:16 am
Omg -dies- crying . I knew that he will die -yes, spoiler-, but but .. I never cried too much in my life T____T.  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games