Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shoujo-Ai & Yuri Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: girls, love, yuri, shoujo ai 

Reply ..The Shoujo Ai & Yuri Guild..
[Interest] Age Dynamics - Loli, Older/Younger Relationships? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kageling
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:41 pm
I noticed that there hasn't been a thread started on this yet, and I suppose it is a field of interest for some shoujo-ai fans.

What kinds of age dynamics does everyone like? For instance, do you prefer for the characters to be, say, adolescents and around the same age? Do you particularly like sweet, slightly loli-ish pairings like Sakura and Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura? What about having one significantly older and one significantly younger member in a relationship?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:37 pm
Hmm... I tend to like the same-age pairings more. ^^; I guess it might be connected to my personal preference in real-life relationships. xD I mean, I think loli is cute, but not exactly my taste. And an older and younger pairing somewhat annoys me because usually there is a huge maturity difference between the two (I know it's not shoujo-ai, but the example I would use is "Gravitation"). Yuki and Suichi are so apart in mentality that it almost gets annoying. I love the two very much, but in terms of them being together, it's tough to say that they go together. (They do in some aspects, but don't in some as well).

I like the same-age pairings because the two people are growing together at pretty much the same pace because they are the same age or at least around the same age. So you seem them developing together and growing together instead of having one person trying to teach the other to grow up. Or in terms of a loli pair, neither of them are exactly growing up; they're just being kiddish.  

~GirlxPride~

Navi-Navis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:48 pm
Huh, i've never really thought about that before. I guess I'm not much for kiddie pairings, seeing as kids 12 and younger shouldn't have serious love lifes. And it's wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:38 pm
Hmm, yeah, I'm kind of with Pride as far as my personal preferences sort of go. I tend to prefer same-age pairings for about the same reasons.

But I guess what matters most to me isn't the ages of the characters (though as I said above, it can dispose me to like it more), but their relationships. As long as I pick out the idea that it's really love/affection, I don't much care--my mentality is, I guess, that love is love in whatever its form.

And of course, there are always relationships that violate my initial biases and come out perfectly, anyway. ^__^ Some couples start out as puppy love when they're young, then mature into real love as the individuals age. And then, there are some where one starts out significantly younger than the other, but that can mature into something beautiful, too. It happens. =D

kageling
Vice Captain

Cedrique the brave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:16 am
I think 18 and 25 is a relative boundary.
seeing 12 year olds doing this... just doesn't tickle my fantasy.

by the way, does anyone know some place with shoujo ai or yuri with princess peach or zelda i it?(no one ever answers to that...)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:09 pm
hmmmmm, i like it how i am. younger and older (like a good deal years apart i guess) i dont quite like the loli-ish kinda stuff like that card captor sakura thing. people close in ages is good too  

Arianna Blackstone

8,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100

Winget
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:56 am
When I saw this I instiantly thought "How young are YOU willing to go?" and loveless... but that's a story for another time.

Personally I don't care about how old two people are in a relationship as long as they are BOTH adults. Lets face it the younger you are the less... ready you are for a relationship. Both mentally and physically. So even got a problem when I see a 16yr old dating a 12 year old.

When you're an adult 4 years isn't that much. Actually theres barely any difference. However when you are a child 4 years is alot hell even 2 years is alot! You mind is still developing as well as your body, and at this age not many understand what love is. Therefor can be easily tricked and before you know are hurt in more ways then one.

Other then that if a person is say... 18 and dating some one who's 24 it doesn't bug me as much. As long as I know the 18yr old is ready and prepared for such a relationship. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:18 am
Winget
When I saw this I instiantly thought "How young are YOU willing to go?" and loveless... but that's a story for another time.

Personally I don't care about how old two people are in a relationship as long as they are BOTH adults. Lets face it the younger you are the less... ready you are for a relationship. Both mentally and physically. So even got a problem when I see a 16yr old dating a 12 year old.

When you're an adult 4 years isn't that much. Actually theres barely any difference. However when you are a child 4 years is alot hell even 2 years is alot! You mind is still developing as well as your body, and at this age not many understand what love is. Therefor can be easily tricked and before you know are hurt in more ways then one.

Other then that if a person is say... 18 and dating some one who's 24 it doesn't bug me as much. As long as I know the 18yr old is ready and prepared for such a relationship. 3nodding

That pretty much sums up what I think. 3nodding  

RionaDaidouji

Undead Youthfulness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
To me, I'd have to say that I like same-age pairings more. Basically because the two of them are growing up together and are developing maturity, it's more likely to see them fall for each other.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:36 pm
It makes little difference to me what age they are, unless they're like 6...ish...It's just that I'm a sick person I find it kind of cute when it a young couple, although I prefer the older couples (16-25 usually does the trick for me). More romantic that way.  

Decemius

KiiNiku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:21 pm
I prefer same age pairings more. But if one is a couple years older than the other (not like...ten or more years older) then I think that's cute, too. Like Strawberry Panic. It's cute. Yeah...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:54 pm
I, like the majority of you, also prefer same age pairings more ^^' older and younger reminds me of a parent-child relationship more..=S  

Mak Mak

Ladykiller

12,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
  • Clambake 200

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:51 pm
I like older and younger pairs in anime, and I think its cute. In real life, I think you have to be older. I also agree when you are adults, age differences don't mean much. (My parents are 7 years apart. Still married for 20 years.)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 pm
older and younger seem to be a hit but the gap makes it difficult to adjust and sorta make it akward at time.....but i wanted a younger girl for me!  

Wizard Exanders

LadyNox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:35 pm
I find that after about 25-ish, age doesn't exactly matter. Most people at that age are usually pretty mature and can handle relationships with people their age or older. So I don't really care when the characters are around that age.

I don't like the idea of kids younger than 15 in serious relationships. Mostly because they're relationships aren't serious, no matter what they think. So it's very unrealistic for me. It's why CCS pairings don't work for me. Puppy love and stuff like that is fine. It's very cute. But anything more is very fragile. It won't last.

All that said, I prefer people of the same age together, usually older than 17. I really like mature women. But those aren't popular pairings are they? Not too much fan fiction about 30 year old lesbians. =/  
..The Shoujo Ai & Yuri Guild..

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff