*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
~0.o A Question! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w0uld y0u marry a partner that d0esn't live with God?
  yesh, if i'm in l0ve and the partner accepts my way 0f living i w0uld marry him/her!
  n0, God is very clear ab0ut this subject!
View Results

Zussje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:29 am
hey guys,
i was just w0ndering h0w u guys think ab0ut a partner wh0 d0esn't have faith in Jesus. Is it 0kay? Is it a sin?
please tell me h0w it w0rks f0r ya'll!
heart Imre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:30 am
!bump!

Zussje

[..Deon.Celestia..]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:57 pm
+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Personally, I really wouldn't consider marrying anyone who isn't Christian. It's definitely not a sin, but your life partner is the second biggest decision in your life. [[The first being whether to follow God or not.]] It's good to have a Christian husband or wife so that they can support you with Godly advice. Also, depending on how big God is in your life, there will be distance if your husband or wife doesn't share in that same belief. It's just my own opinion that it would be better to have a partner who is Christian but ultimately, it's all up to God and asking Him through prayer isn't a bad idea. ^^

+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:45 pm
I think it would be O.K. You have a better chance of showing him/her God that way, and if you truly love him/her, and their feelings are the same, why not? I would just be careful so the marriage relationship doesn't get in the way of your relationship with God.  

Sarcastic_Angel

smurfetee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:48 pm
Been there, done that, doesn't work out at all. No one is really happy.

Consider it like this, if you really hated to ride motorcycles, tried to love them, but just couldn't ... would you marry someone who loved them, rode them every chance they got, had a passion for them? NO!! Why, because you wouldn't have fun with each other. You would either have to hate spending time on the motorcycle to be with them, or they would have to give up their love of motorcycles to be with you. At first, the price wouldn't seem like a big deal, but after a few years - resentment can set in.

It's even worse when you are a believer married to a non-believer.

God IS blessing!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:36 pm
I would rather marry a Non Christian. Why you ask, because if I use my marrage and love for her to convert her to Christ then God would have one more person in Heaven. And wouldn't you feel better knowing that you personally took someone out of the fire and into paradise??? Or would feel better knowing that you avoided a Non Christian and just watched him/her go into the fire and feel better knowing that you didn't waste your time converting someone and you took the easy way out and ran toward the Christian that is already going to heaven and left the Non Christian that could be converted with love and marrige.

Think about it.  

Shade737

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:49 pm
i believe that God only wants what is best for us. He wants our future partner to also be a believer because that way, there will be less problems and issues to argu on. you will both have a similar way of thinking because you are Christians. THis is cause for less grieving and sadness in our life.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:57 pm
Shade-Ninja
I would rather marry a Non Christian. Why you ask, because if I use my marrage and love for her to convert her to Christ then God would have one more person in Heaven. And wouldn't you feel better knowing that you personally took someone out of the fire and into paradise??? Or would feel better knowing that you avoided a Non Christian and just watched him/her go into the fire and feel better knowing that you didn't waste your time converting someone and you took the easy way out and ran toward the Christian that is already going to heaven and left the Non Christian that could be converted with love and marrige.

Think about it.

I'm not arguing against this. But, you can still convert a person even if you don't marry them.  

LuckyMX

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200

LuckyMX

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:01 pm
My personal thought on this is that I would marry a person that I loved and try to convert them. Even if they don't convert though, I could still keep going to church, read the Bible, etc. Just so you know, there are people with two different religions and are still married. Just think about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:12 pm
I think that you should marry a believer only. Dating a non-christian is fine, as you aren't tied to them, but marrying is different. It's a permanent bond between you, a bond that which the only thing greater than is you and God. For marrige to work, you need to be in complete unity, or at least striving for it.

Basically, i think that marrying a non-christian would ruin you relationship with God in the long run.  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

[.ZaKid.]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:06 pm
The Bible does tell us not to be "Unequally Yoked."

Plus, the common example is that it is far easier to be pulled down than to pull someone up.

So, I think Marrying a non-believer is a no-no.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:09 pm
Well, i don't know if it's a sin but i know i wouldn't. I had a boyfriend which i loved, but he ALWAYS would tell me that God was wrong, and wouldn't even accept or believe anything from the bible. It made me so frustrated so things ended. It's hard to live with that difference.  

ryoushinn

Shade737

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:12 am
LuckyMX
Shade-Ninja

Think about it.

I'm not arguing against this. But, you can still convert a person even if you don't marry them.

You are kinda supporting my point.

Converting a non Christian by using marrige and love is easier than converting a friend or girlfriend etc. to Christianity.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:13 am
I don't think it's a sin and if other people do it, that's fine but I wouldn't. It goes into the "equally yoked" thing. Some non-christains don't like it when you talk about Jesus, the Bible, etc,. Even if they aren't really against it it would still cause conflict. I don't want to have to guard what I say in my own house. Then there's the issue of the kids. I know I don't want my future babies to not know God or have doubts placed there by their own daddy.  

mangachan

Seraph68

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:43 pm
Shade-Ninja
LuckyMX
Shade-Ninja

Think about it.

I'm not arguing against this. But, you can still convert a person even if you
don't marry them.

You are kinda supporting my point.

Converting a non Christian by using marrige and love is easier than converting a friend or girlfriend etc. to Christianity.

I have two things to say about this:

First, what if they don't convert? so you are now bound with someone who is not for Christ. and to make things worse, what if being bound to them weaken you walk with Christ, or at least weakens your ministry to others?

Second, it is not you who converts. Yes, we plant the seeds and water them, but it is the work of the Holy Spirit that does the converting in their lives. I am not saying that we are not to evangelize, but their salvation isn't of our doing.

Yes, use love (agape love) to show people Christ, but romance (eros love) is not the same type of love.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff