Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
A Very Kalona Family (Rötschreck, Maeryn & Children)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rötschreck wasn't sure but he believed Maeryn to be pregnant again. He also wasn't sure if this news would be taken well by her as they had only planned the first set of offspring. They had grown to become such wonderful Kalonas though. He couldn't be more proud of his sons and daughter. Ruin seemed the most strong at the moment but Nemesis and Domnu were not far behind.

He found himself hoping that Maeryn was with foals again. He loved watching them grow and learn. It's a fondness that he still had for the children that had grown to adulthood. He still watched them from time to time though he also tried to give them indepedence to shape their character. None had come across a situation that they couldn't get themselves out of. He was proud, indeed!

He tried to brace himself for the possibility that Maeryn was not pregnant. There was always the chance he was reading her wrong. Though he had spent so much time around her and was sure he knew her as well as he probably knew himself, females remained so.. unpredictable. How would he bring the subject up with her? He'd have to find a way. But first, he'd have to find her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:40 am
User Image

It was strange, that feeling that had become so familiar. Yes, she ought to have been used to the strangeness, the newness... but she was not. Maeryn frowned slightly, weighing the concept over in her mind, and began to work out how exactly she was going to approach Rötschreck over it. He deserved to know. She still had not figured out why it was that he seemed to enjoy the prospect. It had been quite rewarding the previous time around, but he was a male. Most of them were not thrilled with the idea of being fathers, and those that were did not always develop affectionate bonds with their foals. She knew that she should trust him, knew it to her core. It was still difficult. She was slowly learning that he was not like those she had once known.

With that growing trust came other things. Other emotions, as unfamiliar as the first. The mare paced, chewing those thoughts over. "Rötschreck... we need to talk." Yes, that was the way to go about it. This way, she could watch the stallion for any sign that he was displeased and get away if she had to, before it became an issue. She had an instinctive need to protect her foals, and still had not entirely gotten it into her head that she truly did not have to. She was close to that, though. Very close.

Relax, you foolish mare. He hasn't acted out against you yet, why would he start now? He was certainly happy enough the last time you had this conversation, she chided herself, coming to the decision that her paranoia could wait. Apprehensively, but fighting that cowardice, the Kalona stepped closer to her Protector. "Rot, I truly believe that we are to be parents again." Alright. She'd said it. Now all that she needed to do was wait and see what his response would be. She knew- well, almost knew- how he would react, but she had to be certain. No doubt he also knew that of her. For some reason, he put up with it, regardless of how irritating it could be. And it could be quite grating.  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:06 pm
A grin came across the large Kalona. For a brief moment, he felt like a young stallion again, felt as if he had just won his first battle. He felt THAT good. This pregnancy wasn't planned but it made it no more or less special than the last. The foals would be no more or less special than those that had recently grown.

"I was about to ask you if you were," Rot started before finally admitting, "well, I would have when I found the right words. I find I rather like being a father. I love that our herd consists of.. pieces of us." It was his way of saying he loved their offspring. The admittance of feelings did not come often to his kind, especially the males. One would expect a mother to have feelings for their children but father? That was another story. But Rot did care for their little ones -- even as adults, they will remain little in his eyes, his precious babies -- and he cared for Maeryn as well. Perhaps in time, he would be able to tell her that.

"What are your feelings on this," he asked curiously. He hadn't stopped to think about what she might have wanted. How she might be feeling. Did she feel sa happy as he? Or would she be unhappy? The smile quickly faded from his face and a worried look took over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:38 pm
"I... don't know quite how I feel. How to feel." Maeryn looked away for a moment, taking strength in the sight of the cool, shadowed darkness of the forest before returning her gaze to Rot. "I think I may be happy about it. In all truth, the last set of young ones we had to accomplish a goal. Perhaps... " Perhaps she would have time to love and cherish these little ones. That was such a strange idea for a Kalona, but she felt that nurturing her children helped them to become strong, and to prepare them for the world. "Perhaps it will be different, now that they will have older siblings to also look up to."

She worried, though, that they would have too many young ones to protect fully. But their grown up foals needed to have a chance to flourish on their own. They needed to learn to thrive without their parents around to pick up after them. "Do you... you are truly happy about this?" It was a wonder to her, a wonder that he so enjoyed being a father. She had never met a stallion quite like him. It was at times like this one that she blessed their meeting. He was extraordinary, and she could not believe that she would have been able to find another who would suit her so well as he. But she would not tell him so. Not yet.

"I am glad that I have at least had the experience of raising foals, that this new batch may benefit from it." It was good to know that they were at least experienced enough to raise them well. To raise them to be all that they could be. It had been a mixture of luck and careful choices before. She stood, just a little tense, and contemplated all of these things. Would he be so pleased as he seemed now when he had them to protect? When they were underfoot, getting into all sorts of mischief?  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:40 am
Rot began to worry that perhaps he was going to soft. Should he start keeping his feelings to himself even though they only came out around Maeryn and their offspring? Was it making him appear weaker? His philosphies and views did not change outside of his.. family. Were they a family? Could a family exist within a herd? Perhaps he was simply confused. These emotions were new to him, afterall. It would take time to sort them all out.

"I am happy, Maeryn. I know it's an odd thing to say, because I cannot remember ever feeling this way before. Never thought I could," he added the last bit in a whisper before continuing, "I look at them and I see us in individual and unique forms. I see perfection where I believed none could exist. I see a future when I did not care if I lived one day to the next, such is life. I see things that I never saw before. I like what I am seeing, Maeryn."

He turned and took a few steps away and instinctively scanned the area to make sure it was safe. "Perhaps I'm growing soft in my old age," he admitted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:35 am
"You are more brave than I can claim to be, Rötschreck. These emotions are... foreign to me. Strange. Yet, if they are a part of me, I must accept them to become stronger. That is what is most beautiful about our family. It is founded in strength, in the ideals and beliefs of our race. There can be nothing wrong with cherishing that strength, with cultivating it." Maeryn was, as ever, very passionate. "Don't you see? If we do not feel these things, we will not protect and nurture our children, who must one day become strong, powerful individuals. Look upon Ruin, Rot. Upon Nemesis, and Domnu. Are they not beautiful? Are they not true to our race? Our kind?"

She had almost, almost resigned herself to her feelings. Even still, she spoke to the stallion quietly, so that no other could hear. What they discussed was intensely private, and she would have no other hear it. She glanced about, checking for signs that there were watchers. When it did not seem to her that they were being observed, she began to speak again. "What we have is a family that had the potential to strengthen the Kalona race as it withers. Even now, I have seen our kind mingling among the lessers, among the inferior Soquili. And I know how important younglings like those I carry will be to our future."

The mare found sentimental things to be the most difficult to express, so she did not try to express them... not fully. "If you are grown soft, then the others have grown far more than complacent, for you are much stronger than they." There, an admission that she thought much of him. It would be difficult to pry her feelings out of her, in that regard. While Maeryn might very well have some rather deep emotions for the male, she would not... could not address them as such. For now, that would have to do. For now, he would have to accept her effort.  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces