Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thomas Barkhelm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:40 pm
Magic 101 Semester 1 Final Exam/Magic Lab:
Welcome students to your final exam for this semester. I'm very impressed with the progress made by those of you who bothered to show up or managed not to get yourselves incapacitated. I hope you've all remembered to study your notes and practice as often as you were able to stand, I did give each of you a brief description of your individual tasks in order to pass my class through this final.

First and foremost, roll call. You all have exactly one week (that's seven days) to post in this thread that you're ready to take the class. Anyone that doesn't show up will flunk the class. Paxton and Keanu are excused due to idiocy injury. Once everyone's accounted for and/or a week's time is up we will begin.

You can all see where your grade currently stands in my office.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:41 pm
| Roll Sheet |
Current students attending this term are as follows:  

Thomas Barkhelm
Crew

Thomas Barkhelm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:47 pm

| The Laboratory |

User Image

'A decent contrast to the classroom in nearly every regard. The laboratory is locked up at all times when Professor Thomas isn't around. Within the almost dungeon-like walls of the laboratory are kept scrolls, orbs, potions, and the like- all of which must be kept out of the wrong hands and within the sight of professional supervision. There are desks in the main area of the laboratory. These are provided facing the sparring sands where experienced magic users may demonstrate their skills to both the teacher and their peers. There are two separate study rooms behind stone walls for more isolated studies or group work.'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 am
Chath had practiced, and practiced hard. For one who originally had an adversion to magic he certainly put enough devotion into mastering the skill. Sure his water couldn't shoot through rock, but paper was distroyed. Chath took deep breaths trying to find his center and keep himself calm.

At his private lesson his teacher did warn him of the final date and as he predicted the class came much sooner than he would of liked. It wasn't that he meant to drag his feet, it wasn't that he was dreading the class, the exam. He was just nervous. He wanted to prove to his teacher that he could do it.

A certian fondness had grown for the teacher since his private lesson. Thomas was a strong person, and Chath admired a person with talents like his. That inner strength that made him want to prove his skills. He wondered once the class was over if he would be able to bother Thomas and ask to learn fire magic as well. THe idea that he could have two types of magic under his belt sounded like an advantage to him. Though....very hard to do.

Entering the classroom he balked, he was the first one here? Unused to being the first student in the classroom he walked over to usual desk sitting spot and sat down. Keir followed him briskly and laid underneath the desk. He aws uncomfertable around the teacher....that much was obvious.

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:40 pm
"The final." He was telling Vorel as they walked down the hall towards Mr. Barkhelm's class, "The final is today, do you think that I am ready?" He'd been praticing along with Vorel in the classroom they were granted access to by Mr. Coleman, the one with the waterfall. Vorel did his best to try to freeze the water while Ligeia practiced with his own icy powers. The hardest part of it was being able to go from calling up the wind and water and combining the two into ice to just calling up the ice already created. Once he had figured out how to do that it was then to get the ice to take the shape that he was shown by the teacher, the spikes.

Vorel looked over at him for a moment then gave little puff of icecloud that surrounded the owl, a playful gesture that made Ligeia giggle as he waved it away, "Alright, alright I get it. I just have to do my best and I am sure I will do well on the final." He said, he'd cast the spell before and while his aim at first with the ice spikes was... awful he was getting better. He didn't know if he could hit dead on in a target but he was sure he could at least hit the target.

He stepped into the classroom, looking around before smiling, "Hello Chath!" He greeting, giving the other boy a cheerful greeting before going to get a seat, taking one on the end of the row so the larger Vorel could lay next to him and but be in the way of anyone.

Vorel glanced over at the other dragon giving a nod at Keir to be polite as Ligeia showed him before laying down. His eyes were on the bag that Ligeia carried, it always had treats. If he was good he would get them!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:40 am
The door to the lab swung itself open and in a matter of moments Thomas stepped himself in, walking with a slight limp against his cane. His eyes turned to scan over the room as he made his way to the center of the 'sands' before the desks. Behind him the iron bar doors rolled shut. A click echoed through the laboratory, announcing that the students that were in the lab were now there until he felt they were finished- and those that hadn't shown up were locked out for their final.

"Hmm... two students." He noted, glancing sharply to each of them. Both Legia and Chath would feel that hallway once more, feel that link between the professor's mind and their own mind established and that naked feeling that there was nothing that would go unseen. "Only two students with the brains enough not to get themselves nearly killed, two with backbone enough to confront me one last time, and only two with the drive to keep on time to their prior engagements. Out of six."

He cleared his throat, "However, just because you've managed to show up doesn't mean you've passed just yet. You oth are students of the soul magic and you both have a very similar task for your final."

Thomas snapped his fingers and the lights around the laboratory dimmed accept around the sands where he stood. A pair of targets moved away from one of the side rooms and set themselves up at either end of the sands. "I hope you've all been practicing. Do we have a volunteer on who will grace us with their abilities first?"

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:52 pm
Ligeia's wings gave a flutter at that feeling of the teacher entering his mind, something that was still rather disturbing despite having felt the feeling before. Another flap of his wings then he relaxed something, trying to get used to it again before he found himself looking around the classroom at the teachers announcement. Two out of six? Paxton, Laial, Earako, and Keanu were all missing from the original group that they'd started with... wow. He then shook his head to get himself to concentrate. This was the final, he couldn't let his thoughts wander.

The teacher asking who would go first had his wings fluttering again, should he vollenteer? Would be better he figured to get up and get it over with instead of fretting and getting himself all nervous right? He thought so...

While he was thinking on it Vorel looked up to watch him for a long while. He decided that Ligeia was hesitating despite being ready. His owl always cheered him on in his classes so it was Vorel's turn to do the same. First he had to get him up there though... So the Frost leaned forward teeth closing on and then tugging on one of his partner's tailfeathers. Ligeia jumped to his feet then blinked a couple times as he looked first at the teacher then back at Vorel realizing he'd just stood up.

Vorel's tail swished as he played with the pretty white feather he'd stolen from his partner, "Ahhh! I will go." Ligeia said, so as not to look foolish for jumping to his feet without reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:34 pm
Chath shivered as he felt the mind link establish, it was a chilling thing, despite his coming to find it a comfort the first step of it always caused him to shiver. He was a bit shocked, two of his classmates nearly got themselves killed? He wondered what they had been doing to cause such a drastic thing to happen. As to the others he wondered if the no backbone was the real reason for them not coming, It made him worry. What about Earako? He had been more familiar with the albino bat girl than the rest of his classmates. He hoped she was okay.

When asked to volunteer a fit of nervousness over came him. He had practiced a lot. In between his hand to hand combat fighting and defense he tried to practice with as much devotion. It had been hard and difficult, his dragon was not int he least very supportive. Bored the black had mainly laughed at his efforts, but had at least not let him give up.

He was startled out of his thoughts as Ligeia stood up abruptly and volunteered to go first. Well shoot. He wanted to go first but i guess that is what happens when you start dallying with thoughts in your head. He smiled at the owl boy to give some reassurance. He sounded a bit nervous.

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Thomas Barkhelm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 am
Thomas nodded over to Legia and stepped himself off to the side of the sands. "You stand at one end and cast your spell. You don't have to make a bullseye but I do hope you've practiced your aim well enough to strike the target at least." He raised a slow eyebrow over to the boy, "There's not point in knowing magic- especially a spell of this nature -if you can't hit within the general area of your target."

The silver dragon on his shoulder cooed a bit, eyeing the owl's ice dragon curiously, "Now. Concentrate on the spell...summon your element then cast the ice mistle I showed you before. Chath I ask that you remain quiet but observe closely." Thomas glanced over to the boy as he folded his arms beind his back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:06 pm
Ligeia nodded his head, "We have been practicing." He said, the 'we' referring to himself and Vorel. It made it easier for him to have his dragon there practicing his own powers alongside him. Or maybe it was just that he liked having someone there just in case something went wrong? He didn't know but either way. He walked over to the side of the sands that he was directed to taking a ribbon from his wrist as he walked and used it to tie his hair back into a tight bun so it wouldn't get in his way.

"Alright." He murmured giving a glance over at Vorel before he closed his eyes gathering his focus and held his hands cupped in front of him, concentrating on his element. There was a flicker within them, a swirling of power before with a puff of white the element he'd called for had appeared in his grasp. He looked down at it, smiling a little. Good, the Ice had come for him that was in his opinion the hardest part getting the single element to come already combine instead of calling air and water and combining him.

He then looked over at the target and lifted up his right hand, the swirling sphere of ice in front of it while his other hand lowered to his side. Ok, now he had to hit the target with the ice spines... ok he could do this. He concentrated on the spell, more puffs of the white as a couple of spines appear around his hand then aimed with one of them and let it fly. Not a bullseye but it had hit the board.

He looked over at Thomas, "How many should I shoot?" He asked, unsure of how many tries he had to hit the bullseye.  

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:47 am
Chath watched eager to see Ligeia's spell. it was interesting, his spell looked much more complicated than his own. He felt a pang of regret, and slight panic. Had he missed something? a class he was suppose to come to? He calmed down. No, Thomas had shown him what to do. Summon and control. He had gotten better at it, though not nearly as good as the teacher himself.

When Ligeia hit the target Chath gave a clap and a 'good job' call out to the kid. Nothing like trying to encourage your fellow students.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:32 pm
Thomas put a hand out to silence Chath. This was not a magic show and shouldn't be treated as such. It was a final and while moral support was all fine and well it was unessicary at the moment.

He nodded as the ice shattered on the board, stepping forward to inspect it. "Very good. You're only required to do as many as it took to strike the board. Your aim and wheather or not you choose to continue your study with magic is completely up to you. Take your seat," he motioned the boy towards his desk, "I'll inform you of your grade once Chath has completed his final."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:49 pm
Chath went quiet a very goofy smile on his face as if oops was written all over it in black and red pen. He still gave Ligeia a smile and turned his head once he heard his name mentioned. His turn already? All he had to do was hit the target right? Was he suppose to stand now or wait? Or ....

Chath stood without thinking and walked over to where Ligeia had stood for his test. His magic seemed much more simple that Ligeia's, maybe he would ask Thomas later about seeing if he could do ice things as well...though really he wanted to go into fire... the Salamander thing Thomas had mentioned in his private lesson had intrigued him.

Clearing his throat, he watched as Keir continued to lay lazily under his desk his dark eyes locked on him. Chath knew Keir would be disappointed if he failed to hit anything less than the center....boy that dragon was demanding.

"Um....should I start now?" He asked feeling a bit awkward.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm
Really that was all that he had to do for the Final? He blinked as he looked at the target before drifting over to his desk to sit back down. He hadn't made a bullseye though. He was hoping for a few more chances at it. He gave a flutter of his wings then smiled at Chath who was being so sweet as to cheer him on and give encouragement.

Vorel gave him a playful n** as he got in range then a toothy smile as if to say that he had done well. Ligeia hoped so, he wasn't sure though since he had only hit the target and not the center of the target. He supposed he would see though right?

He then turned his attention to Chath, watching curious to see his spell. He wondered what sort of thing Chath was going to do? His ear tufts gave a little wiggleas he watched and waited, eagerly.  

Rayne Winner
Crew

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:33 pm
"Indeed." Thomas made a motion over towards the target, "Now don't let yourself become distracted..." He warned the boy, "If you do not focus completely on your element it can sometimes grow wild and turn on you and everyone around you. Magic is not something to be taken lightly. This is but a simple spell among the thousands, perhaps millions, that exist. But before you can understand anything further you must understand the basics."

He took a step back, "You may begin."

[Classrooms]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces